View Full Version : Are You as Healthy as You Think You Are?

eyeliner
09-07-2010, 09:27 AM
i had my body mass index checked yesterday and i was underweight, im unhealthy and i hardly seem to put any weight on, even though i eat junk food.

Laila
09-07-2010, 11:46 AM
I know i am not. I dont drink enough water anymore. Havent eaten much fruits either. And i get less than 5 hours a sleep.....so yeah :/

i miss sleep!

eyeliner
09-07-2010, 04:30 PM
I know i am not. I dont drink enough water anymore. Havent eaten much fruits either. And i get less than 5 hours a sleep.....so yeah :/

i miss sleep!

i think 5 hours sleep is ok, although the recommended average is 7. The funny thing is that i was doing a shamail trimidhi course before with shaykh muhammad al yaquobi (syrian sheikh dunno if you know him or not)and he was saying that its not good to have 7 hours sleep all at once and he was saying how fajr prayer was at that time so that it could break your sleep cycle and stop you from having 7 hours, or something of that nature. Also in psychology we learnt that people who tend to have around 7 hours sleep have an increased mortality rate.

aftab.yusufzai
09-07-2010, 06:00 PM
uhmmm...informative/cool tips for non-healthy ppls... :)

Laila
09-07-2010, 06:41 PM
Less than 5 hours? Why is that Laila? We all don't drink enough water since its Ramadan, duh.
LOL noooo i mean even when its not Ramazan. I know i dont drink enough at all :/ there are ways you can tell
i think 5 hours sleep is ok, although the recommended average is 7. The funny thing is that i was doing a shamail trimidhi course before with shaykh muhammad al yaquobi (syrian sheikh dunno if you know him or not)and he was saying that its not good to have 7 hours sleep all at once and he was saying how fajr prayer was at that time so that it could break your sleep cycle and stop you from having 7 hours, or something of that nature. Also in psychology we learnt that people who tend to have around 7 hours sleep have an increased mortality rate.
Actually you should be getting 8-10 hours of sleep. They say if you continue to sleep less than 6 for a long period of time, you lose about 20% of your memory. Plus you need the proper amount of sleep each night to put your mind and body to rest.
In Afghanistan, people go to sleep right after Isha. Then start their day right after Fajr prayer. But they take like naps during the day.
Eyeliner 5 hours sleep is not ok. It will mess with your health and ability to think rationally.

Yes, you are right. Its hard to focus and complete tasks when you are very tired and of no energy

Laila
09-07-2010, 09:22 PM
Laila you must find out a way to sleep for at least 8 hours, I am worried about you.

LOL its okay...i am kinda used to it now.

But my mom gets really mad at me.....

maybe thats one of the reasons why i dont drink enough water, cause caffeine has became the subsititute for good healthy water :/

Laila
09-07-2010, 11:41 PM
Sleeping and drinking water is important for you to live a long life. You dont want wrinkles do you?

OH heavens no! fine fine....after this Sunday, i will start getting normal sleep and drinking lots and lots of water :)

Laila
09-08-2010, 12:31 AM
Eat a lot as well.

okay...i can do that :evilgrin:

Laila
09-08-2010, 12:41 AM
High metabolism?

unfortunetly no.....i will just watch what i eat everyday except on Fridays or Saturdays. Plus workout everday

Son of Mountains
09-08-2010, 07:34 AM
Good info

Laila
09-09-2010, 12:59 AM
I don't know what my body mass index is. Shamaar buddy help me.

Here i can help, if you dont mind :)

BMI= Body Mass Index

its basically used to calculate your body fat based on your height and weight. It is used to see if an individual is underweight, normal weight, overweight, and obese. Doctors, nutritionists, etc use it. Then from there they can help you if you are underweight, overweight, or obese.

So for underweight ----- less than 18.5
for normal weight------18.5-25.9
overweight------25-29.9
obese------30 or higher

again, it depends on the individual's height and weight, that is how they calculate it.

here is an example: I am 5'3" and 115 lbs. My BMI is 20. 4, i fall under the normal category