View Full Version : Eid preparation

pukhtana
09-06-2010, 09:16 PM
Since Eid is coming up soon tell us what you have prepared so far, what kind of clothes you have made for Eid and what you will be doing on Eid.

Dukhtar-e-Kabul
09-06-2010, 09:27 PM
I have to usually clean up the house really neatly.
I have to prepare a lot of food since my husband invites plenty of his friends. Its a really happy day and we all make sure not to say anything that will mess up our mood. My husband and I both wear Afghan clothes and we all just get together to have fun. :P

Laila
09-06-2010, 09:31 PM
I am doing henna for my sister on Thursday night.

Every Eid prayer, my whole family goes to the masjid together. We all wear our Afghan clothes. And since i came from Kabul, i bought them all new outfits. Then afterwards we visit all the generals, who where my grandfathers close friends. We also visit some other people's houses. Then that night we always go to my uncles house for a dinner and a gathering.

My father found a long lost cousin of his. So on Saturday we are visiting them.

Then week or two after Eid is over, my family holds a small gathering. And the women all dance and have a fun time :)

Pukhtana, care to share what your plans are for Eid? :smile1:

IamDZJ
09-06-2010, 10:37 PM
i m going for a nice long walk to the lake first thing in the morning. i will come back sometime around afternoon and by then every one should be too exhausted to come or go anywhere..

IamDZJ
09-06-2010, 10:49 PM
no, not really. they used to be fun back in the days when we were younger. it's meaningless now so i don't see the point behind putting on a show twice a year.

Feroza_Banu
09-07-2010, 04:36 PM
Eid preparation starts a week before eid so i am preparing now. First thing comes with hard core cleaning the house... from kitchen to living room to bathroom to bedroom to every corner of the house has to be clean.

I have planned to make sweets at home... these are on my lists.

1. gosh e feel
2. kolchai shoor (salty kolchai)
3. Naan e roghani
4. Rott

Inshallah

i have already done dry fruit shopping...

I buy meat in case some people come over for lunch or dinner.

Sheenka
09-07-2010, 04:39 PM
purple simple anarkali

Sheenka
09-07-2010, 04:40 PM
feroza mashallah khori u r fast and making so many things :hug:

Feroza_Banu
09-07-2010, 04:47 PM
^thanks... i have to pretend i am superwoman... otherwise i can't do all that i do on daily basis.

Toramana
09-07-2010, 04:51 PM
^thanks... i have to pretend i am superwoman... otherwise i can't do all that i do on daily basis.

would you tell us some khona mona for cooking something delicious for eid?

Sheenka
09-07-2010, 04:51 PM
u r superwoman

Feroza_Banu
09-07-2010, 05:10 PM
would you tell us some khona mona for cooking something delicious for eid?

I made really delicious halwa the other day and rott and i am planing to post the recipe but i just don't find time!

i hate this busy schedule i have...

I really want to participate in cooking thread more but i don't get the chance to post it :(

Feroza_Banu
09-07-2010, 05:11 PM
u r superwoman

:hug1"

IamDZJ
09-07-2010, 09:47 PM
I made really delicious halwa the other day and rott and i am planing to post the recipe but i just don't find time!

i hate this busy schedule i have...

I really want to participate in cooking thread more but i don't get the chance to post it :(
it goes something like this...
get angaar and put on a serious look on your face....ANDD GO
i wash it, i cut it and i cook it. all you have to do is stand there with the freaking camera , take some pictures and post it in that damn website! is that too much to ask for?! throw in a few threats of not feeding him as well but make sure you don't make it sound like you mean it cuz if he chooses to defy you, you would still need to feed him.. cuz let's face it, he is your husband...GOOD LUCK!

Feroza_Banu
09-08-2010, 12:38 AM
it goes something like this...
get angaar and put on a serious look on your face....ANDD GO
i wash it, i cut it and i cook it. all you have to do is stand there with the freaking camera , take some pictures and post it in that damn website! is that too much to ask for?! throw in a few threats of not feeding him as well but make sure you don't make it sound like you mean it cuz if he chooses to defy you, you would still need to feed him.. cuz let's face it, he is your husband...GOOD LUCK!

LOL... this put a smile on my face... thanks i was not having a good day :hug1"

I am going to try this because honestly its all the picture transferring and editing and posting that gets to me... :cryy:

Feroza_Banu
09-08-2010, 12:41 AM
^I do Alhamdulilah... I try to wear new clothes every EID. I go to mosque for EID prayer with new clothes...

oh AND i take off of work for Eid days.

09-08-2010, 12:46 AM
I would love to have lots of recipes especially of sweets that are from Afghanistan, because I have Bake Sales at least once a month to raise money for women in Pakistan. share with me all you can.......I wish I had a lot of Muslim friends, but I do not, just online, or far away.....and I am the only Muslim in my family. So I celebrate alone, well not alone, because Allah blesses me...but I miss the community of others.

So happy to have all of you!

Your Sister Rabia

IamDZJ
09-08-2010, 12:48 AM
my cousin sent me my cloths but she forgot the scarf of one and some other part of the other so both are useless to me now. i m going to rip her face off some day. :banghead:

Palwasha
09-08-2010, 07:43 AM
We do the nakreezi and beauty stuff the night before.

We wake up very early (pray, read Qur'an) and get ready, sometimes we go to the Masjid, boys always go. Then we have guests and all, and we go to visit others, basically, oh and we Eid.. lots! Over the next week there'll be various gatherings and celebrations.

I love Eid!!!!!

First thing comes with hard core cleaning the house... from kitchen to living room to bathroom to bedroom to every corner of the house has to be clean.

Ah, so true. =')

spogmai shaglay
09-08-2010, 11:38 AM
My place toooooo, the dry fruit stuff is done.....god it takes ages to cut but its fun when we all women in the family sit together to work...

new clothes only for Namaz then work in the kitchen, so the new dress is also going to be old...lol

i remember as a child, i and my cousins would make a queue to apply henna on our hands, we always thought that Chand raat means not to sleep at all....just apply henna and wait for eid day.......and surprisingly we never use to feel sleepy on chand raat at all... mumma use to try to put us to sleep but we wouldnt....

we just would be bothered about how much our hands would get coloured with henna....

now no excitement as it was in those beautiful days....only Namaz thats all.......and then work......