View Full Version : Israeli scientists find HIV cure: Journal

Talal
09-05-2010, 09:07 PM
Jerusalem: In a major breakthrough, Israeli scientists have developed a method that can wipe out HIV infected cells without affecting the healthy ones but it will be a while before it is available to the public, a medical journal says.

Although the researchers have registered an Israeli patent, the treatment must still go through trials on animals and humans, the latest edition of the British journal AIDS Research and Therapy says.

Peptides, unique short protein segments developed by the researchers, can interfere with replication and at the same time overwhelm the infected cell, triggering its self-destruction.

"It is our view that the results described in this work suggest a novel approach to specifically promote death of HIV-1 infected cells and thus may eventually be developed into a new and general anti-viral therapy," Xinhua quoted the researchers as saying in the journal.

"The usual medications kill the virus that has entered the body during infection and the (peptide) treatment allows cells infected with the genetic load of the virus to be killed," they added

Israeli scientists find HIV cure: Journal

Laila
09-05-2010, 09:18 PM
Hmmm i hope its true. I am not too convinced though. Can you give the link please.

If it is, thats a great discovery.

Darn it! i wanted to be the one to find the cure to it :D

amna.
09-05-2010, 09:46 PM
I am not surprised. Jews get a ridiculous funding from America.

The title should be renamed US scientists found the cure.

PFgulalai
09-06-2010, 12:20 AM
I am in shock. I wonder if Islamic extremists will use Jewish patented medicine? Is it haram?

They used Insulin obtained from pig before the availability of injectable form of insulin developed by Jews. Pig Insulin is not haram; only pig is haram.

PFgulalai
09-06-2010, 12:34 AM
I am not surprised. Jews get a ridiculous funding from America.

The title should be renamed US scientists found the cure.

We also get funding from Saudis.Sad we don't use it in labs.Sad we are not as smart as Jews.
Bitter sweet truth: Twenty oil-rich Arab countries contribute 0.55% to scientific literature, compared with 0.89% of Israel alone! http://scitation.aip.org/journals/doc/PHTOAD-ft/vol_60/iss_8/49_1.shtml?bypassSSO=1 (http://scitation.aip.org/journals/doc/PHTOAD-ft/vol_60/iss_8/49_1.shtml?bypassSSO=1)

I am celebrating.They are serving humanity.

PFgulalai
09-06-2010, 12:55 AM
Oh Gulalai, what I meant was you know how many say dont buy Israeli products and Jewish products. What I meant to say was I wonder if people will say they dont get cured by this since Jews made it.

We have to respect them.

I know what you were trying to imply,lol.
Jews made Windows,Google, Computers,Polio vaccine, cell phones, etc. All muslims--moderate to extremists--use them, but only few will appreciate Jews's contribution.Oh, and they will even try to look for some "conspiracy angle" in it as well.Just like Talibans who dubbed Polio vaccine as infertility drug. The general attitude is to use the medicine/technology to save life and then call it a zionist conspiracy,lol.

ayub
09-06-2010, 01:13 AM
I know what you were trying to imply,lol.
Jews made Windows,Google, Computers,Polio vaccine, cell phones, etc. All muslims--moderate to extremists--use them, but only few will appreciate Jews's contribution.Oh, and they will even try to look for some "conspiracy angle" in it as well.Just like Talibans who dubbed Polio vaccine as infertility drug. The general attitude is to use the medicine/technology to save life and then call it a zionist conspiracy,lol.

the talib theorey may hold some truth...who really knows what is being tested on innocent unsuspecting people in the disguise of vacinations etc...

an interesting piece by Alan Cantwell:

The history of AIDS has been deliberately white-washed to obscure its man-made origin. Knowledge of HIV and other retroviruses came directly out of the little-known and secret Special Virus Cancer Program of the 1970s. More than one virus was introduced into American gays in the late 1970s, and mycoplasma and “cancer bacteria” are additional infectious agents that have been ignored in proclaiming HIV as the “sole cause of AIDS.”

Secret bio-warfare research co-mingled with bona fide cancer research at the NCI in the decade before AIDS, and that association continues up to the present time. AIDS in America erupted when government researchers began experimenting with gays, using an experimental vaccine developed in primates – the animals purported to contain the “ancestor virus” of HIV. AIDS in America did not come from Africa. HIV occurred exclusively in the gay community because the virus was put there by the “hand of man.”

PFgulalai
09-06-2010, 01:24 AM
the talib theorey may hold some truth...who really knows what is being tested on innocent unsuspecting people in the disguise of vacinations etc...

There is not a single case of Polio vaccine which has proved to give rise to infertility.Shame on you to take that Polio vaccine to prevent yourself and now promoting the "may" theory for poor people.Hypocricy at its best! Are you seriously telling me that there could be an iota of truth to it? If that were the case, the two generations of the world would have been childless. The truth,however, is that all the guys in my family are fertile.

amna.
09-06-2010, 01:28 AM
There is not a single case of Polio vaccine which has proved to give rise to infertility.Shame on you to take that Polio vaccine to prevent yourself and now promoting the "may" theory for poor people.Hypocricy at its best! Are you seriously telling me that there could be an iota of truth to it? If that were the case, the two generations of the world would have been childless. The truth,however, is that all the guys in my family are fertile.
I remember in Pakistan Gulalai nearly everyone said that those vaccines are used by the Paki govt to prevent an increase in its population since the fertility rate is already so high.

ayub
09-06-2010, 01:37 AM

have u heard of the trials for a new meningitis drug by US pharmaceuticals giant Pfizer in Kano in 1996?

Hundreds of victims of a meningitis epidemic, most of them children, were treated that year with a new Pfizer drug. Many parents complained later that they had not been told their children were being used as human guinea pigs to test a new drug which had severe side effects and was not always successful.

Several children who were administered the trial drug still died of meningitis. The parents of many of those who survived meanwhile claimed that their children had suffered side effects, including loss of speech and deafness as a consequence of the treatment.

PFgulalai
09-06-2010, 02:15 AM
have u heard of the trials for a new meningitis drug by US pharmaceuticals giant Pfizer in Kano in 1996?

Hundreds of victims of a meningitis epidemic, most of them children, were treated that year with a new Pfizer drug. Many parents complained later that they had not been told their children were being used as human guinea pigs to test a new drug which had severe side effects and was not always successful.

Several children who were administered the trial drug still died of meningitis. The parents of many of those who survived meanwhile claimed that their children had suffered side effects, including loss of speech and deafness as a consequence of the treatment.

I could cite thousands of drugs with their harmful effects but that still does not make polio vaccine as infertility drug. By the way, there is a difference between "a drug under trial" and drug being used for decades. You citation of above study is irrelevant to the issue under consideration.

PFgulalai
09-06-2010, 02:25 AM
I remember in Pakistan Gulalai nearly everyone said that those vaccines are used by the Paki govt to prevent an increase in its population since the fertility rate is already so high.

Nope, that is wrong simply because the vaccine comes from WHO, not Pakistani goverment http://www.who.int/countries/nga/areas/polio/faq/en/index.html (http://www.who.int/countries/nga/areas/polio/faq/en/index.html).

Also, a little commonsense is all you need to see the truth of baseless claim. Our generation had taken the polio vaccine. The previous generation has taken it. Both generations are producing kids. Pakistani population is increasing day by day.Very soon it will become a "population bomb" and will explode along with its "terrorism bomb". Please it is our collective responsibility to educate the masses against polio.Mind you, KP and Afghanistan are one of four places in world still having polio virus when the rest of the world has made it a history.

Wrayun
09-06-2010, 05:09 AM
Jews made Windows,Google, Computers,Polio vaccine, cell phones, etc.

LULZ! where do you get your facts from?

Windows = Bill Gates is not a Jew. The GUI concept was stolen from Apple, last I checked Steve Jobs is half Arab, while Steve Wozniak polish.

Google = is a search engine, the search engine was invented by Brian Pinkerton, not a Jew. Everyone stole and modified his concepts including Yahoo, Google, Excite etc.

Computers and Cell phones? plzzz

Wrayun
09-06-2010, 05:10 AM
Israelis should first invent a way where they don't have to depend on American tax payers.

Talal
09-06-2010, 07:41 AM
Hmmm i hope its true. I am not too convinced though. Can you give the link please.

If it is, thats a great discovery.

Darn it! i wanted to be the one to find the cure to it :D

Yeah man your a disappointment, give up already and I should look for a new sponsor

Phssh some doc you are can't even find a cure for HIV !

amna.
09-06-2010, 12:21 PM
Bill Gates is a Christian. As to the topic, If this turns out to be true I will be in shock.