View Full Version : Tajweed Lessons: Housekeeping

*Mahzala*
09-04-2010, 01:46 AM
Assalamu'alaykum,

Some FAQs I thought were necessary to share:

Qsn: What are these lessons about?
The introduction of these lessons took place after a request was made to open a space on our forum that aims to tackle understanding the complex science of Tajweed. These lessons are about understanding the rules of each letter, its rights and dues, and the correct pronunciation in Quran recitation which is an obligation on each Muslim.

Qsn: Is there a registration process?
There is no such process. Updates will be available to everyone.

Qsn: Are the lessons available so that I can complete them at my own pace?
No, they are not. You should look out for updates on these lessons during the weekends, most probably Saturday's. The lessons will be available to everyone in the form of a new thread that will be merged over time after they have been read, understood and responded to.

Qsn: Is there a grading system?
No there isn't. Unlike any other course or lesson, this one aims to bring everyone's knowledge together. There is no strict educator/student requirements that should be followed. Contributions (preferably via private communication mediums) are more than welcome.

Qsn: Do I have to be able to read the Quran in order to understand and start these lessons?
Yes, this is a requirement. You should be able to understand at least the basics of letter sounds, joining them and understanding the purpose of vowels in the Quranic text/

Qsn: Do I have to have a copy of the Quran while I do these lessons?
Not necessarily, as examples using Quranic text will be given. If there is such a need, for that particular lesson, a reminder will be included.

Qsn: What do I achieve when I finish these lessons?
You will be able to understand the theory aspect to the science of Tajweed which includes all the rules, origins, and dues and characteristics we give to every letter which helps us understand how to recite them in the manner it was revealed. Its application is not something that is possible to mentor in a space like this.

Qsn: Upon completion, are these lessons sufficient in order to go teach Tajweed to others?
You may be able to guide people with a lot more confidence and knowledge than prior. Again, applying these rules in your recitation is your own responsibility.

If you have any other queries, please do not hesitate to come forward. I am more than happy to take suggestions and work around them, together.

*Mahzala*
11-14-2010, 09:19 AM
In the previous lesson, which has taken over two weeks for responses to come in to the question posed, many raised their interest and need for audio assistance. I have tried for audio however, it hasn't quite worked out. I guess it comes down to Skype (one to one or group) sessions (depending on your needs) or recording each lesson's requirements. I would appreciate some feedback.

abubaker
11-14-2010, 09:27 AM
In the previous lesson, which has taken over two weeks for responses to come in to the question posed, many raised their interest and need for audio assistance. I have tried for audio however, it hasn't quite worked out. I guess it comes down to Skype (one to one or group) sessions (depending on your needs) or recording each lesson's requirements. I would appreciate some feedback.

salamuna

how so

*Mahzala*
11-14-2010, 09:30 AM
salamuna

how so

Wa 'alaykum Salaam,

Youtube videos are not satisfactory. I find some have flaws. I have requested some help, but that didn't quite go to plan either. Also, I'll add a point to my previous post, if you are willing to help out, do contact me (preferabbly privately) with any suggestions or contributions. I am open to them.

*Mahzala*
01-02-2011, 05:00 AM
Feel free to add any requests/questions/suggestions or contribute to the lessons here. It is rather quiet in that space of the forum and some feedback and activity will be appreciated.

I put out an open request of audio assistance for the Tajweed lessons. I am still in search of something appropriate, however, to no avail. If you do not mind, and have some time on your plate, do drop a line, publicly or privately for a briefing on the exact requirements of the lessons and needs/demands of some keen members. I will appreciate the approaches immensely.