View Full Version : Hey all!

AgnosticPashtana
08-31-2010, 11:53 PM
Hello everyone.

I'm a new member but I have been lurking around for months in this site and I finally decided to join today. I am 24 years old. My user name is self-explanatory. I am a Neuroscientist for those that care. I am a very traditional and cultural woman. I think we have an amazing and unique culture.

I absolutely love this site and I have been visiting it for at least 3 hours a day for the past months. I am very pleased to see that we have many educated people in the world. I live in an area where there are no Pashtuns. I would like to keep my location private and this site has been serving as my prime-destination to learn more about our literature, culture and history.

Once again thanks for all those who have created us our own forums. I never thought the day would come where only us Pashtuns would be gathered in a website and learning from one another.

That's all for now.

شمله ور خراساني
08-31-2010, 11:57 PM
Inshaa allah we will help you to leave agnosticism. And join the club. I use to be agnostic too about 5 years ago.

AgnosticPashtana
09-01-2010, 12:05 AM
We will see! Thanks.

شمله ور خراساني
09-01-2010, 12:07 AM
We will see! Thanks.

What does "we will see" mean? Meaning I can try hard to convince you but you are not going to give up?

AgnosticPashtana
09-01-2010, 12:11 AM
We will see means I am open to all opinions and I am open minded. Let's see what happens. I am sincere with my thoughts and I come here with peace.

There is nothing for me to give up.

BLS_1919v2.0
09-01-2010, 12:13 AM
Welcome welcome....this is a great forum, inshallah you will have a great time.

Shamaar
09-01-2010, 12:15 AM
Pa khair raghley! Welcome to PF: the real expert village lol.

AgnosticPashtana
09-01-2010, 12:17 AM
Thanks BLS1919. Its a pretty active Forum.

Shamaar what does your user name mean? What do you mean by real expert village?

شمله ور خراساني
09-01-2010, 12:17 AM
We will see means I am open to all opinions and I am open minded. Let's see what happens. I am sincere with my thoughts and I come here with peace.

There is nothing for me to give up.
Well, I am going to force you to accept my views. So be prepared!

AgnosticPashtana
09-01-2010, 12:18 AM
Haha okay. We will see.

شمله ور خراساني
09-01-2010, 12:19 AM

shamaar or khamaar means big snake or king snake. It also means dangerous, and scary.

AgnosticPashtana
09-01-2010, 12:20 AM
shamaar or khamaar means big snake or king snake. It also means dangerous, and scary.
Thanks. Khorasan? You do know that is concept forwarded by minorities to rename Afghanistan right?

Shamaar
09-01-2010, 12:20 AM

To put it simply, my user name means dragon, but the literal meaning is a little different.

And as for my expert village comment, I will let you figure that out on your own. It won't take you that long I assure you.

*Mahzala*
09-01-2010, 12:21 AM
Agnostic Khorey, Pe Khair Raghley.

Seems our brothers have welcomed you very nicely (Shamaar, I didn't miss that comment). I look forward to your contributions and am hopeful you will not be disappointed here.

AgnosticPashtana
09-01-2010, 12:22 AM
Dragon or snake?

AgnosticPashtana

Seems our brothers have welcomed you very nicely (Shamaar, I didn't miss that comment). I look forward to your contributions and am hopeful you will not be disappointed here.

Thank you.

So far I have got 3 answers.

It means wind. It means a dragon. It means a snake.

Shamaar
Yup, شمله ور خراساني got it right. The literal meaning of Shamaar is king snake, but it generally means dragon. I just don't like the word Azhdaha.

Shamaar
09-01-2010, 12:25 AM

Which comment, Mazhala? I'm confused lol.

*Mahzala*
09-01-2010, 12:27 AM
Which comment, Mazhala? I'm confused lol.

You're the third person today that has told me I have left them confused :trytofly:

About the village (there was some sarcasm in my post, don't worry). Either way, I found it funny.

AgnosticPashtana
09-01-2010, 12:28 AM
I don't get the village comment. Please explain.

Shamaar
09-01-2010, 12:30 AM
You're the third person today that has told me I have left them confused :trytofly:

About the village (there was some sarcasm in my post, don't worry). Either way, I found it funny.

Oh okay, fair enough... Third person?! Wow, you're on a roll lol.

*Mahzala*
09-01-2010, 12:33 AM
Oh okay, fair enough... Third person?! Wow, you're on a roll lol.

(ahaha!) Sad case, I know. :lal9:

Laila
09-01-2010, 12:43 AM
Hello AgnosticPashtuna *waves like a mad woman* welcome to PF. Thanks for finally joining, looking forward to your contributions :hug1" please, treat this place like home. :)

Can you please explain a little of what you do. You see i am in Premedicine and i am just trying to keep my options open :)

Da_Kunar_Ghro
09-01-2010, 12:52 AM
Welcome!

شمله ور خراساني
09-01-2010, 12:53 AM
Thanks. Khorasan? You do know that is concept forwarded by minorities to rename Afghanistan right?

I am a proud Khorasani. I wish to rename Afghanistans name into greater Khurasan. And no madame. I do not belong to any minority group. I am half Ahmadzai Pashtun and half Tajik. This makes me a representative of the absolute majority of Afghanistan.

AgnosticPashtana
09-01-2010, 01:00 AM
You want the country to be renamed from Afghanistan which in a sense means the land of the Pashtuns to Khorasan which is a modern equivalent of what the Tajiks want? Do you also want the National anthem and poet to be changed into Dari? Rumi?

Interesting so far.

شمله ور خراساني
09-01-2010, 01:04 AM
You want Afghanistan to be renamed from Afghanistan which in a sense means the land of the Pashtuns to Khorasan which is a modern equivalent of what Tajiks want?

Interesting so far.
thats not true. Khurasan is not the land of Tajiks. Khurasan is the name of the region. It is not associated to any ethnicity. Its a neutral name.

Regardless of the fact that Tajik fascists claim the name for themselves, Khurasan remains the most neutral name for the region.

Plus, Afghanistan is likewise a Farsi name. Stan is farsi. If Afghanistan really was a Pashtun name, then it would have been called Afghankhwa. Not Afghanistan.

Btw: most Pashtuns today live in Pakistan. Current Pashtun population of Afghanistan does not exceed 8 million.

sokaniwaal
09-01-2010, 01:06 AM
Welcome To PF--
Hope Learn Some Thing From You--

sokaniwaal
09-01-2010, 01:06 AM
Welcome To PF--
Hope Learn Some Thing From You--

AgnosticPashtana
09-01-2010, 01:14 AM
I think you need to look up what the modern word of Khorasan prevails and what purpose it serves. It does not serve in a fashion that you are attempting to make it guise. The term Khorasan serves as word that meets Tajik interests since they are against the name Afghanistan. I don't understand how you could want that. I am born in the U.S.A and I can't wish to see my country go from the land of Pashtuns to something that is deemed unacceptable by almost all Pashtuns.

My mom is also supposedly a Pashto speaking Tajik. That isn't the problem nor am I being racist. I just think if an Uzbek or Tajik want to advance their fascist ideas they can return to those countries that represent them better. What do I mean by that? Tajikistan and Uzbekistan. Please refrain from changing a country that means land of Pashtuns to that word.

You seem to be suffering from Tajik-led media. You are telling me Pashtun population in Afghanistan does not exceed 8 million? Define Pashtun for me.

شمله ور خراساني
09-01-2010, 01:22 AM
I think you need to look up what the modern word of Khorasan prevails and what purpose it serves. It does not serve in a fashion that you are attempting to make it guise. The term Khorasan serves as word that meets Tajik interests since they are against the name Afghanistan. I don't understand how you could want that. I am born in the U.S.A and I can't wish to see my country go from the land of Pashtuns to something that is deemed unacceptable by almost all Pashtuns.

My mom is also supposedly a Pashto speaking Tajik. That isn't the problem nor am I being racist. I just think if an Uzbek or Tajik want to advance their fascist ideas they can return to those countries that represent them better. What do I mean by that? Tajikistan and Uzbekistan. Please refrain from changing a country that means land of Pashtuns to that word.

You seem to be suffering from Tajik-led media. You are telling me Pashtun population in Afghanistan does not exceed 8 million? Define Pashtun for me.

Maybe you should pay Afghanistan a visit and see where all the Pashtuns are.

In the southern Pashtun belt, many villages are abandoned in the past 30 years of war.

There are very few Pashtuns left in Afghanistan.

So if Pashtuns want Afghanistan to be the land of Pashtuns, they need to come back home.

And I am not influenced by Tajik media. Pashtun identity is something that should only be part of who we are. It should not become the image of non-Pashtuns.

If we impose our image on others by naming the country Pashtun, while the Pashtuns who have ruled the country for 200 years couldn't even speak Pashto we are giving the wrong message to non-Pashtuns.

Their opposition to Pashtunification of Afghanistan is due to Pashtuns ambiguity. On the one hand, we are governed by a Persianized Pashtun elite and Persian upper class. On the other hand we want to make the country into a Pashtun country while most Pashtuns live abroad.

And Khurasan existed before Tajiks and Hazara's emerged. Khurasan is known for more than 1 thousand years.

And if you want non-Pashtuns to move else where, why shouldn't we, the Pashtuns move to Khyber Pakhtunkhwa? Because Pashtuns in Afghanistan are treated like dirt.

Mayana
09-01-2010, 01:25 AM
I am a proud Khorasani. I wish to rename Afghanistans name into greater Khurasan. And no madame. I do not belong to any minority group. I am half Ahmadzai Pashtun and half Tajik. This makes me a representative of the absolute majority of Afghanistan.

Which part of Khorasaan are you from?

شمله ور خراساني
09-01-2010, 02:38 AM
Which part of Khorasaan are you from?

Kabul e Sharif.

JAMALUDEEN
09-01-2010, 03:06 AM
Welcome to the forum....

Now give everyone chun-gi for iftaaar.

Son of Mountains
09-01-2010, 04:45 AM
welcome at PF

Palwasha
09-01-2010, 08:35 AM
Salamuna, welcome to PF! A Neuroscientist, wow Mash'Allah.

I look forward to seeing your contributions. =)

Pakhtunzai
09-01-2010, 08:48 AM
Pa khair raghley:)

Levanaye Zalmaye
09-01-2010, 08:53 AM

tor_khan
09-01-2010, 11:27 AM
Hello, 24-year old Neuroscientist 3-hours-a-day thankful agnostic Pashtana who resides in a secret location, which, upon clicking on page 3, is revealed to be the United States of America.

I am not an agnostic, I am convinced. Sangar couldn't convince me otherwise. I secretly admire him. He knows it.

We have another (x-24+2y-15)-year old Pashtana scientician (heard that word in an old Simpsons episode) who is a regular here. She is gulalai Khan. She socializes with homosexuals, Ahmedis, Jews and Negroes.

Always, on form Lewaneya!!

Pa Khair Raghley Agnostic Jan.

If being agnostic makes you open and decided about many things then though they might claim otherwise a proportion of the human population is just that. The mystery of life is WHY?

I'm unsatisfied with the idea that we are simply walking bags of eletro-chemical reactions - and whilst even that is true, I ask why did physics complicate it by making us such irrational beings who hurt one another and are led, ultimately by selfish pursuits?

spogmai shaglay
09-01-2010, 01:39 PM
Agnostic Pashtana.....Welcome to PF.........

Sheenka
09-01-2010, 02:44 PM
welcome :)

Gulalai
09-01-2010, 03:33 PM
pa khair raghley :)

akbarkhan
09-01-2010, 03:48 PM
You are a neuroscientist and an agnostic, great!

What are your thoughts on fmri and lie detection?

Khan Gul
09-01-2010, 04:24 PM
Welcome to PF

Khan Gul
09-01-2010, 04:31 PM

There is not a stone on the land of Pushtuns which does not speak of the superiority of the past so there is no virtue in setting back of the clock and reducing everything to the lowest by renaming Afghanistan to Khurasan.

Feroza_Banu
09-01-2010, 04:44 PM
noooooooooooooooo wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!.... maseed came back as "agnosticpashtana"

oh no!!!!!!... u didn't have to change ur user name

AgnosticPashtana
09-01-2010, 04:49 PM
thanks for all those that have welcomed me.

Feroza whats a maseed? I dont get it. I have to change my username?

Sheenka
09-01-2010, 04:58 PM
there was a person callled maseed and he left ^

AgnosticPashtana
09-01-2010, 05:00 PM
why is she calling me him?

Sheenka
09-01-2010, 05:01 PM
because she thought u r him:tongue:

Feroza_Banu
09-01-2010, 05:03 PM
lol sorry pashtana jan... i am just paranoid

AgnosticPashtana
09-01-2010, 05:03 PM
I am so confused. Her calling me a random member isnt nice.

AgnosticPashtana
09-01-2010, 05:06 PM
What does Maseed mean? it sounds like a Pashto word.

I have to get back to work guys!

Sheenka
09-01-2010, 05:27 PM
he was a member of here and i guess he got banned, she made a mistake, im sure she didnt meant that

Saifullah
09-01-2010, 05:33 PM
Maseed welcome back

Sheenka
09-01-2010, 05:33 PM
saif, wrong person

she or he is not who u guys think:tongue:

Saifullah
09-01-2010, 05:37 PM
Remember there was a new member called pashtana1 everybody thought she was tbag....LOL

Sheenka
09-01-2010, 05:39 PM
yh but she is pashtuna not 1 or 2

pukhtana
09-01-2010, 05:44 PM
Its very rude of you to call her Maseed saifullah.

Sheenka
09-01-2010, 05:45 PM
saifallah dont tease :fighting:

Saifullah
09-01-2010, 05:48 PM
Its very rude of you to call her Maseed saifullah.

Why is that rude? I'm guessin she might be maseed...If she is not, then i take back my comments

Sheenka
09-01-2010, 05:50 PM
u should afreen

Saifullah
09-01-2010, 05:51 PM
Kha

Sheenka
09-01-2010, 05:56 PM
manana. :)
kha welcome again
LOL

Gulalai
09-01-2010, 06:27 PM
remember when you all thought Summer Love was tbag...... oh wait :shy: lol :hmm:

anyways stop flooding this thread! :P

PFgulalai
09-02-2010, 12:22 AM
Welcome to PF =)