View Full Version : Health clinic opens in Kandahar

Admin Khan
08-31-2010, 10:29 PM
KANDAHAR CITY (PAN): A health centre and a road measuring three kilometer have been completed in southern Kandahar province, officials said on Monday.
The health centre was constructed in Khoshab village of Daman district. It was opened during a ceremony attended by local officials and elders from the area.
Having eight rooms, the clinic, costing $95,000, took three months to complete.
The amount was provided by the Ministry of Health, said provincial Public Health Director, Dr. Abdul Qayum Pukhla. All basic necessities for healthcare had been provided in the newly-inaugurated centre for which the land was donated by a local influential, he added.
The director said the clinic would help ensure basic health facilities, including mother and child health care, to the people of the area.
Haji Siddiqullah, an elder from Khoshad village, who provided the land for the clinic, said the people of the area were faced with health problems. He said the locals were compelled to go to the city for treatment.
Separately, a three-kilometre road was also inaugurated in Kandahar city on Monday. The road was built in the Khwajak Baba area of the fourth district and the amount for the work was provided by the Public Welfare Department.
Public Welfare Director Eng. Abdul Hamid said the road was constructed at the cost of over 11 million afghanis. He said the amount was provided by the municipality.
He said the road construction would solve the problems of the people. The residents of the area thanked the government for the road construction and said it would resolve their transportation problems.

Hi, I am the source. (http://www.pajhwok.com/viewstory.asp?lng=eng&id=101392)

Laila
08-31-2010, 10:43 PM
This is what i love to hear....more clinics and hospitals being opened.

amna.
09-01-2010, 01:39 AM
Good news. I am happy :)

pukhtana
09-01-2010, 04:42 PM
i hope people benefit

Palwasha
09-01-2010, 08:06 PM
I hope Pakistanis don't blow them up.

Unnecessary bro. :hmm:

Pakhtunzai
09-01-2010, 09:33 PM
Mashallah Afghanistan is developing. I hope Pakistanis don't blow them up.

I'm classified as a Pakistani. I'm going to blow this clinic up am i?