View Full Version : Tajweed Lessons on PF

*Mahzala*
08-31-2010, 01:55 AM
Assalamu'alaykum,

Listening to the Qur'an being recited correctly is enough to soften even the hardest of hearts and Muslims and non-Muslims find it a deeply moving experience even if they do not understand what is being said. Many have become Muslim at the merely hearing a good Qari recite a portion of the Quran. We feel this even more in Ramadaan when we are in the Taraweeh prayers and we can really feel the difference if we go to a Masjid where the Tajweed rules of Qur'an recitation are not being observed as they should. Every single Muslim has to recite Qur'an in Salah and on a daily basis but many of us do not realise that reciting the Qur'an correctly is an obligation upon each and every one of us whenever we recite the Qur'an.

My intentions are not to underestimate anyone, but together, I feel we can work towards rectifying this aspect of our knowledge. I am hopeful it wil be a success and InshaAllah beneficial to you. I will start the lessons as soon as possible (on the request of some members) and continue them at my pace (due to final semester university commitments). This of course, is just the theory aspect to it; the practical part, which is equally important, you will need to practice on your own as we go along. I will consider finding audio resources or even making on our own. I look forward to your suggestions as I believe you have a lot to share.

BLS_1919v2.0
08-31-2010, 01:58 AM
Count me in as well.

IamDZJ
08-31-2010, 02:03 AM
^ excuse me miss, could you perhaps not wear your hair like that or at least not sit in front of me while doing so? deadliest glare***

smiles at the teacher innocently**

*Mahzala*
08-31-2010, 02:07 AM
Jasmine: It will take a few hours to prepare, but I have a few things to consider before starting the actual lessons (not personal commitments, they are related to these lessons). I will keep you updated. A bit of shuffling around with the posts and Tajweed related threads will also take place. So, InshaAllah, not very long. But like I said earlier, and I say this to be completely honest and not give people false hopes, I will be doing it at my own pace. I believe you understand where I am coming from.

*Mahzala*
08-31-2010, 02:16 AM
There is no procedure Graane. You are most welcome.

Pakhtunzai
08-31-2010, 09:19 PM
:Grin:

Abdali
08-31-2010, 10:18 PM
Count me in mate!

Feroza_Banu
09-01-2010, 04:24 PM
I am in.

pukhtana
09-01-2010, 06:23 PM
Count me in.

KhyberKhan
09-01-2010, 07:06 PM
is this females only?

abubaker
09-01-2010, 07:23 PM
is this females only?

+1

Laila
09-01-2010, 07:42 PM
Is there room for me? :shy:

Sheenka
09-01-2010, 08:09 PM
laila safe me seat plz :shy:

*Mahzala*
09-02-2010, 12:58 AM
is this females only?

No, it is not. It is the theory aspect to understanding the science of Tajweed. The application you have to do on your own. I mentioned in an earlier post, over time I may organise audio (either from elsewhere or request the aid of PF members) for that part too. For the meantime, the theory aspect will suffice.

Please drop me a message when this is available.

I will InshaAllah. For now, you should expect Saturday's (Australian timing). I am not going to promise consecutive Saturday's because I know I can't keep up with it (due to studies) but every now and then, at my own pace, I will be updating InshaAllah.

Jasmine: You are most welcome. You don't need to thank me. There are ways we can make our PF experience worthwhile and this InshaAllah will be one of them. It's always a pleasure and very rewarding when we can lend a helping hand to someone.

*Mahzala*
09-07-2010, 04:18 AM
Not necessarily every consecutive Saturday. Sometimes it may be in the form of a lesson, or an update, or some housekeeping. I can't promise anything, because I don't want you to have high hopes. I too, have a lot on my plate at the moment, so I am only trying to be honest with you. InshaAllah - soon - is all I can say for now.

*Mahzala*
09-08-2010, 02:10 AM
Sure Aseer Jaan. I will keep you (all) updated. I might need some suggestions as to how we could make it work, so if you have any, do drop a message.