View Full Version : How many of you girls

IamDZJ
08-23-2010, 07:03 PM
I wear it in front of my father but my brothers are younger so I dont.

Sheenka
08-23-2010, 07:17 PM
i wear the scarf of my shalwar kamiz lol
wid every dress i have got scarf :P

Saifullah
08-23-2010, 07:18 PM
But in front of mahram girls don't need to be wear scarf on their head

eyeliner
08-23-2010, 07:19 PM
^ true but i think it maybe more of a cultural thing

Sheenka
08-23-2010, 07:25 PM
i do ^
but not on my head lolz

Saifullah
08-23-2010, 07:25 PM
Do any of u girls do sattar at home from your family...lol

Sheenka
08-23-2010, 07:27 PM
family like causins u mean

nah, we dont
expect far relatives

Saifullah
08-23-2010, 07:29 PM
no i mean ur brother or sister?

Saifullah
08-23-2010, 07:34 PM
I mean do u girls do sattar from ur sisters

eyeliner
08-23-2010, 07:36 PM
saif....why would you do sattar from your sisters, thats like doing sattar from your mum

Saifullah
08-23-2010, 07:37 PM
Why would you wear a headscarf in front of your sisters, brothers or fathers...i dont understand that logic that is why i am sayin do u do sattar from them also

IamDZJ
08-23-2010, 07:50 PM
But in front of mahram girls don't need to be wear scarf on their head

Respect for elders

Saifullah
08-23-2010, 07:52 PM
^respect can be achieved in other ways, i do not agree that even though women are exempt from hijab in front of mahram, that they wear mini-skirt or immodest clothes in front of them. If they wear modest clothes that shows enough respect in front of mahram, no need for a headscarf

eyeliner
08-23-2010, 07:54 PM
^ i agree saif, once someone was saying how after you do your wudu you have to cover your hair, lol i nearly choked when i heard that, like what has wudu got to do with showing your hair or not

Saifullah
08-23-2010, 07:55 PM
Tobah, this is all cultural things which have turned Islam into a complicated religion...these things are not in Islam because it never came to burden a soul for no reason

eyeliner
08-23-2010, 07:56 PM
^ saif i wouldve given you a karma for that, but it says i have to spread reputation.......i agree

Saifullah
08-23-2010, 07:57 PM
Yea i dont understand this reputation thing, its always sayin spread some

Iqra
08-23-2010, 08:00 PM
Saif, are you asking because of what Zahro said?

Honestly I don't see what's wrong with what she does/ said..and I can see it as respect. Respect for an Elder ... etc etc.

شمله ور خراساني
08-23-2010, 08:04 PM
why? is your father non-mahram and your brothers mahram?

Mayana
08-23-2010, 08:05 PM
I don't wear it at home.. right now I'm wearing capris and a tank top :running:

But yes, I know many girls that do.. I don't see anything wrong with it.. maybe I'll do it too soon. :) I'm new to this whole poranai business so I learn :shy:

Iqra
08-23-2010, 08:05 PM
maybe I can't read...that's what it must be!

Saifullah
08-23-2010, 08:06 PM
Saif, are you asking because of what Zahro said?

Honestly I don't see what's wrong with what she does/ said..and I can see it as respect. Respect for an Elder ... etc etc.

Its not respect, how is wearing a scarf respect? A scarf in Islam on your head is called Hijab, which is required in front of non-mahram...when u wear a scarf in front of non-mahram is that for respect??? I think we need to show respect to our mahram by showing them that they are our family and the closeness is shown by not having to wear a scarf, what a silly burden that is.

So please we need our women to stop disrespecting their mahram by equating them wid non-mahrams

Sheenka
08-23-2010, 08:12 PM
u dont have to wear scarf at home
i went to my freind house she is arabic she wears proper nice scarf outside but in their home non of them wear scarf

Mayana
08-23-2010, 08:15 PM
Nah you don't have to but it's about your habits.. if you are in the habit of always covering yourself, you're not gonna feel comfortable in a revealing attire, even if you're just by yourself. And I think that's the reason some women cover themselves even at home. You should dress the way you feel comfortable at home. If that involves a poranai, good. If that involved capris and a tank top, good. :tongue:

Sheenka
08-23-2010, 08:17 PM
very true mayana khori

Saifullah
08-23-2010, 08:18 PM
Yea if u are comfortable with wearing it coz u are used to it fine...but when people say its about respecting your mahrams, that makes me laugh...coz i wud find that disrespectful if i had a daughter or female mahram wearing a scarf on her head around me...

Like it shouldn't be something u shud feel u have to do.

Mayana
08-23-2010, 08:21 PM
Yea if u are comfortable with wearing it coz u are used to it fine...but when people say its about respecting your mahrams, that makes me laugh...coz i wud find that disrespectful if i had a daughter or female mahram wearing a scarf on her head around me...

Like it shouldn't be something u shud feel u have to do.

But then again, wrora, that's just you. I know my dad doesn't appreciate it when I am not covered.. ALTHOUGH he is my maharam, it's not about that.. for our people it is about exposing yourself.
People back home put on a poranai when they hear the azan.
People back home put on a poranai when they eat.

It's a different mentality; you grew up with one mindset, other people have different mindsets. I don't wear a poranai at home but I know my father would appreciate it more if I did.

Sheenka
08-23-2010, 08:24 PM
u r r right ^
my dad hates when someone dont wear scarf or wears short sleeves

Saifullah
08-23-2010, 08:25 PM
But that is wrong, sorry...Exposing yourself means nakedness or half-nakedness...i am talking about putting a scarf on your head and if you do not have a scarf on your head that is not exposing yourself...

It is the wrong maintality to feel bad if your daughter or somebody doesn;t wear a scarf in front of u. WHY??????? Because she doesn't have to, Islam has not put any restriction on her and she is free in her home. Her home shouldn't feel like the outside...our cultures are like that, it puts a burden upon people for no reason

Saifullah
08-23-2010, 08:26 PM
Ill repeat this again, i am talking about head scarf....if u put a scarf around ur body that is good because even in front of mahram u still can't dress in a bad way exposing yourself...but scarf is too much to be wanting your daughter or someone to wear it at home

Iqra
08-23-2010, 08:34 PM
She never said she puts a scarf on because she feels that that is what is required religiously.

Saifullah
08-23-2010, 08:36 PM
^well we are muslims first and no doubt we retain our cultural traditions, if it don't go in contradiction with our faith...

It contradicts our faith when a father asks his daughter why don't u wear a scarf in front of me!! But if a girl can't be bothered to take her scarf of when she comes from outside and feels comfortable thats another thing

Iqra
08-23-2010, 08:39 PM
When did a father ask his daughter to wear a scarf in front of him?

Saifullah
08-23-2010, 08:42 PM
Mayana said my father wud want me to wear one...he wud appreciate it

Iqra
08-23-2010, 08:44 PM
She said he'd appreciate it...and I think I am allowed to say this ..but in her case she's not just limiting it to a porani being appreciated, but maybe something more than capris :)

Saifullah
08-23-2010, 08:45 PM
wats capris?

Iqra
08-23-2010, 08:46 PM
Short pants ...

Fahd
08-23-2010, 09:02 PM
i wear ,,,
damn i don't wear any thing
get out saif u make's guy's weird that's girls theard
lol
no im joken
girl's must wear (i forgot his name in pashto ) out of home and with cousin's

:)

Fahd
08-23-2010, 09:03 PM
there's many girl's wear it for respct
that's would lovly :)

Gulalai
08-23-2010, 09:47 PM
i dont wear a scarf at home.
like sheenkay i have a scarf with all my koranai jamey but i dont always have the scarf with me,
i will toss it onto the chair or something and grab it if i need it :P

Roshina
08-23-2010, 10:33 PM
If we can try to understand the religious/spiritual significance of the headcovering, we should also try to understand its cultural significance as well. It is seen as a symbol of respect for elders throughout much of the world. What is wrong with it? We shouldn't shun our cultural values just because we don't know how to appreciate them and/or just because they might be a little more extreme than our religious values.

Many (or most?) Pashtun/eastern fathers feel disrespected when their daughters or other females in their household show their hair or arms in front of them. While some, particular those in the west, might not mind it anymore, they have historically considered it an affront to their values.

However, it varies from family to family and region to region. In my family, my sisters and I are very open with each other. Our mother, though, is a whole different story, and her concept of modesty and decency is much more limited than mine or my sisters' is.

IamDZJ
08-23-2010, 10:36 PM
^ :praise:

Mayana
08-24-2010, 07:28 AM
Mayana said my father wud want me to wear one...he wud appreciate it

Saifullah. I said he'd appreciate me wearing a scarf at home in general and not in front of him in particular. If you don't know the reasoning behind this I suggest you don't assume. My father for one is in absolutely no position to command me to do such a thing and for another never has forced any of his principles down my throat. It was a mere suggestion he made and I will explain the reasoning behind this. It is not because he wants to make my life harder or because he has any morbid concepts of how a woman should cover. No just two weeks ago I'd leave the house in t-shirts and capris.

The reason my father has made such a suggestion is because many people enter and leave our house. My uncles come and leave, my male cousins come and leave.. There are male family members and guests entering the house frequently and in such conditions it is not particularly convenient for a girl to be dressed rather reveilingly.

*Mahzala*
08-24-2010, 08:36 AM
I wear a scarf most of the time, inside and outside, but the way I wear it at home, obviously differs to the way I wear it out of the home. At home, it is usually loose fitted, on my head, because my brother in laws are often around, and to feel comfortable, for myself, I wear one. Not because it is a family, religious or cultural burden, as I grew up under one roof with my brother in laws, but, as I said, for the comfort of it, it's always on my head. If it is not on my head, then I definitely have one in my neck, always. Once it becomes a habit, you do it regardless of the circumstance. In fact, when I go scarf shopping, I buy a whole separate collection for 'inside the home' scarves, and they're usually lighter, like a shayla. It also depends on the kinds of activities one engages in that leads them to wearing a scarf at home. My mother, for instance, if she isn't doing the cooking or attending to my fathers needs, she is reading Quran or praying (Allah bless her) and so, undoubtedly, your scarf has to be on.

Saifullah
08-24-2010, 11:55 AM
Your brother in laws are not mahrams for you...so obviously you should wear a scarf in front of them and your cousins.

Master Khan
08-24-2010, 12:35 PM
Plus women who wear scaf just look like a respectable women, you can tell that they are good women.

Iqra
08-24-2010, 01:54 PM
Silence is key sometimes :)

spogmai shaglay
08-24-2010, 02:09 PM
please answer onething.....

women wearing skingtight clothes like pair of jeans and a top (body hugging, and no duppata of course)but a head scarf are better or the ones wearing shalwar kamees (not hugging the body) a duppata over you all the time and no head scarf?????

Saifullah
08-24-2010, 02:14 PM
Head scarf is not needed at all, in the house....unless u are around non-mahram. Yes the body is more important, like you shouldn't wear indecent clothes in the house...just like a guy in his house shouldn't be exposing his private parts by wearing such tight clothes..

Iqra
08-24-2010, 02:26 PM
I know a persons attire makes an impression...but is it really anyones place to make judgments on how girls dress AT HOME?

I am not saying anyone said something exactly like that ... but maybe someone will see what I mean.

Saifullah
08-24-2010, 02:30 PM
Girls can dress however they want at home, so that was my point of saying who is to say a girl needs to wear a head scarf at home?? If you wanna put burdens on yourself then fine, thats your own business...

I just put the Islamic ruling forward, where in Islam nobody is told to do that. I think as muslims we should acknowledge wat our faith requires of us and this is not a requirement.

Iqra
08-24-2010, 02:32 PM
^ Sayih dai to teach people what is said ...there's nothing wrong with that...

I just felt like people were being judged on something they're doing that isn't harmful or wrong... and it doesn't make sense to dwell over such things ...at least not to me.

Btw wearing a scarf isn't such a burden :)

Saifullah
08-24-2010, 02:33 PM
Ok thats your opinion, other girls might disagree...

Iqra
08-24-2010, 02:36 PM
^ And they're more than welcome to ... those who do disagree will make sure they don't burden themselves :)

Saifullah
08-24-2010, 02:39 PM
Once the Prophet (SAW) stopped eating honey because he went to one wife and then the next. She smelt the honey and i forgot the story...but then he stopped eating honey. Then Allah told him why are you forbidding something for yourself that was made halal for you. So i think we should not be arrogant and think we are being more pious when Allah has allowed something for us! TO make our lives easier.

Another example for you Iqra, on travelling Allah said shorten your prayers. But some ultra pious people say oh i will pray fully coz i can and its not a burden upon me. Do you know how much that act Allah will hate of that person that he has made life easy for him to pray 2 rakats on journey instead of 4...yet he thinks he is pious by praying 4??

Its about maintality and i have seen pashtun/afghan maintality many times, they over complicate things and wish to seem that they are being more respectable or pious by doing these acts. They forget the major stuff and tell their kids oh do this it is disrespectful, do this and that...but they don't tell them about the main things that constitute respect! Do not lie and so on.

Roshina
08-24-2010, 02:58 PM
^ Saif... that honey story was because God knew that whatEVER the Prophet avoids, Muslims will start consider it haraam (this is already the case with so many Muslims, some on PF as well). If the Prophet ate honey, people would believe it's okay to do so; if he didn't, even though he just didn't like it, people would think it's haraam or SOMETHING must be wrong with it that's why he didn't it.

It's just like his favorite perfume: He preferred musk, and so today, Muslims loooooooooooooove musk just because the Prophet did. Hello?! It's about liking and interests. Then we find justifications for why he must have liked musk and why we should as well -- and how OUR liking it makes it sunnah. Seriously?

So if you're serving as an example for over a billion people, then by all means do only what you're supposed to do and nothing more. But that's not the case with us.

Why should I start showing my hair or arms in front of my father all of a sudden just because I am "allowed" to by Islam?

If something's WRONG with a certain practice AND it contradicts Islam, I would understand why you'd wanna remove it from your culture. But if there's nothing wrong with it and there is in fact some good in it, then why remove it?

Roshina
08-24-2010, 03:06 PM
Oh, and you're confusing commands with suggestions. If God says something just to make our lives easier, it's a general *suggestion* to us so that we don't complain about it and blame God for everything. It is by no means a requirement that we MUST do this just because it's intended to make our life easier. Where's the ease in it if I'm gonna VOLUNTARILY pray the full namaz while on a journey when I can just pray a shorter version and be punished for doing so?

We're told not to cross our limits -- although the limits are defined differently by different scholars. But it's completely illogical and unreasonable to say that "Since it's intended to make your life easier for you, go ahead and pray only 4 rakats instead of 10." And you go, "Thanks for the permission. I still feel comfortable praying the normal 10 because that's what I am used to, and I feel more at peace when I've done it the normal way than the recommended way."

Saifullah
08-24-2010, 03:11 PM
Well my point is fathers should not demand such a thing...because i have seen fathers demanding this of their daughters back home. If a GIRL chooses to do something which is allowed and feels comfortable or whatever thats another story.

If you wanna show your hair in front of your family you are ALLOWED, therefore nobody can tell you to cover unwillingly. Some of my relatives i know keep telling me we are fed up of this practice...but they do it coz they have to

Saifullah
08-24-2010, 06:41 PM
Shlombay back home women show their rear ends in shalwar kamis more than in any other clothes...even when they wear scarf

Laila
08-24-2010, 09:38 PM
Girls (in general) do wear jeans back in Afghanistan. When out to the city, girls wear jeans, and a long top that it is buttoned up, kinda like a light coat or sweater, i dont even know what it is called. But it covers their chest and back area. Then they wear a scarf with it. Or they wear shalwar kameez, but with a black coat over it. If you wear shalwar kameez in the city, most likely men will bother you (i experienced it all).

At home they wear shalwar kameez with chadar or hijab on. when i was there, even girls wore head covering around their maharams and even when ladies were alone with other females.

Laila
08-24-2010, 10:28 PM
^ Nope, more than majority of girls in Kabul wear it. Ask Shayesta too, or anyone else who lives back there.

In many of the schools there, they wear black pants, black long top, with a black or white scarf.

There are many, and i mean many, stores of American clothes in the cities, well except for rural village areas.

Laila
08-24-2010, 10:50 PM
Kabul is not only Afghanistan. Jeans is an alient concept Laila.

Majority of Kabul dont wear jeans. I spent years in Kabul. In the past they did. But majority of Afghanistan cant.

Yes, i know Kabul is not majority Afghanistan, it was an example. Yes, majority in Kabul do...i just came back from there.

Jeans is not an alient concept there that i can assure. Of course you wont see it in Kunar, Laghman, Wardak, etc.

Laila
08-24-2010, 10:53 PM
Its worn by minority. Its not popular.

Okay.

Dukemina
08-25-2010, 07:41 AM
Culturally, I wear it lightly (or half covering) infront of my father and elders in our family. With brothers and other ladies - I couldn't care less but always have the lupatta around the neck for my own comfort.

I believe some are you are a bit confused about the whole culture and Islam thingy lol so I thought I'd help you out some with no other thaaaaaaan my faaaaavvvvvv...

YouTube - Culture vs. Islam - Bid'ah - Yasir Qadhi - The Deen Show (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA92oxF9Bm8)

:runaround:

IamDZJ
08-25-2010, 10:07 PM
some of you need to learn the difference between culture and religion.

Palwasha
08-25-2010, 10:12 PM
Culturally, I wear it lightly (or half covering) infront of my father and elders in our family. With brothers and other ladies - I couldn't care less but always have the lupatta around the neck for my own comfort.

You took the words right outta my mouth, it's the exact same with me.

I'm so used to being covered to the extent that even when it's not required, I feel strange without any covering, (unless it's majorly hot, but I live in England so....).

Feroza_Banu
08-26-2010, 02:30 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Ce_C0tkEA8g/SWe5qAVNT3I/AAAAAAAAAz0/0DrbA5o7qA4/s400/SNP312S__1.jpg

At home... they are sooooooooooo cute :love:... minus the chicken thing... i did used to have a bear though :P

my hubby is the only man at home... and he is my hubby so who caressssssssss?

at my mom's home its my mommy and my sisters... so again... who cares?

Iqra
08-26-2010, 02:59 AM
^ :shy:

Feroza_Banu
08-26-2010, 03:10 AM
^i am in love with pjs!!!!!!!!!

my mom finds me the cutest ones from mall... i have like unlimited stock! hahaha... its the child in me that will never get over pjs!

Gulalai
08-26-2010, 03:12 AM
lol Feroza i have a pair that are blue with white polka dots HAHAH
i only wear it sometimes when i sleep they're VERY soft though :shy:

Iqra
08-26-2010, 03:13 AM
^ lol woh wus spaaak pjs der sha khwand kawih :D

Feroza_Banu
08-26-2010, 03:19 AM
lol Feroza i have a pair that are blue with white polka dots HAHAH
i only wear it sometimes when i sleep they're VERY soft though :shy:

oh the softness!... i am sure we both know how it feels!:ashamed:

blue with polka dots sound really cute.

buy pink ones! lol

^ lol woh wus spaaak pjs der sha khwand kawih :D

wo dona garmi da... wus la hawa sha swa... saba dakhaira sara sha hawa da...

Iqra
08-26-2010, 03:23 AM
^ staasi hawa zmuzh dar hawa sha da ...

wus dalta 90 dih o halta 67 :| ... o saba ba hawa dar sal darehjee lwara yih dalta InshaAllah...

Laila
08-26-2010, 03:24 AM
I totally agree with Feroza....pjs are so comfortable to wear around the house. When i come from work or college, i change into my pjs, even if its like 1 in the afternoon. Nothing beats that comfort!

Feroza_Banu
08-26-2010, 03:28 AM
^ staasi hawa zmuzh dar hawa sha da ...

wus dalta 90 dih o halta 67 :| ... o saba ba hawa dar sal darehjee lwara yih dalta InshaAllah...

waiiiii 90 der garma da wallah... dagha sahi wakht da che ta rase de khwa... bia wogora che tsanga ba de nazawam... za ba derta yakhi yakhi sharbat rawrram... che zrra de bagh bagh sei...

I totally agree with Feroza....pjs are so comfortable to wear around the house. When i come from work or college, i change into my pjs, even if its like 1 in the afternoon. Nothing beats that comfort!

u know whats up sista! :lal10:

Iqra
08-26-2010, 03:34 AM
waiiiii 90 der garma da wallah... dagha sahi wakht da che ta rase de khwa... bia wogora che tsanga ba de nazawam... za ba derta yakhi yakhi sharbat rawrram... che zrra de bagh bagh sei...

90 = very hot, 89= very warm lolllllllllll thats what they say hhahaha... 89 su nowww ...

andddddddd ta hamesha naaz rakaweh ..ka ware yaama ya daleh.. khuday dih ma be taa nakawih :shy: .... sharbaat zma par sar wacha wa ke te ba rata ra akhe!! zma kaar dai chi tata sharbaat ra wakhlama :shy:

Iqra
08-26-2010, 01:39 PM
Mata tasey dwara naaz na rakawey. Is it because im not from Cabul?

chi khabar yeh no wali poshtana kaweh :fighting:

Lemar
08-26-2010, 03:44 PM
Whats sattar?
I didnt get it

Feroza_Banu
08-26-2010, 04:34 PM
^it is not sattar... spelled wrong.. should be "sattr" ... in Dari we have a word "sattr"...

Lemar
08-26-2010, 04:55 PM
I dont know!
whats the english word?

Lemar
08-26-2010, 05:14 PM
oh okay
thanks

Lemar
08-26-2010, 05:21 PM
I dont know
I had not heard that before

Laila
08-26-2010, 05:22 PM
Ha ha i am lost with satr too *scratches her head*

I know chadar=scarf or hijab in Dari

Laila
08-26-2010, 05:24 PM
^ nope i am not joking.

Lemar
08-26-2010, 05:27 PM
neither me!

Sheenka
08-26-2010, 05:29 PM
satar is when u hide urself from namahram called satar

Laila
Sattr is like when a women is wearing a hijab its considered satr.
So a woman who wears a hijab is considered 'sattr'? or do you call the hijab that?

Sheenka
r u guys serious!

Laila
08-26-2010, 05:30 PM
satar is when u hide urself from namahram called satar
ohhhhhh. SATAR! i got it now...i kept on thinking what 'sattr' was. Maybe the spelling threw me off.

Sheenka
08-26-2010, 05:32 PM
feroza sis confused u lolzz

Iqra
08-26-2010, 05:35 PM
I might be mistaken ..but apparently in arabic satar / sattr means the parts of the body that must be covered.

The practice of sattr from what I've heard is when one doesn't mix with non mahrams ..so for example when non mahrams come to your house, as a female you wouldn't sit in the same room, etc.

okay you guys seem to have gotten there lol.... :shy:

Lemar
08-26-2010, 05:35 PM
this is the first time i have heard it
thanks though learned something new

Iqra
08-26-2010, 05:37 PM
^ I know some pashtun families out in the west who still stick to satar /sattr ...lol I don't know how to spell it anymore.

Laila
08-26-2010, 05:38 PM
I might be mistaken ..but apparently in arabic satar / sattr means the parts of the body that must be covered.

The practice of sattr from what I've heard is when one doesn't mix with non mahrams ..so for example when non mahrams come to your house, as a female you wouldn't sit in the same room, etc.

okay you guys seem to have gotten there lol.... :shy:
LOL yeah i got it now ;) before I kept on thinking of another word
this is the first time i have heard it
thanks though learned something new
Yay :runaround:

Baidariwal
08-26-2010, 05:42 PM
lol hijab is different than satr. Satr is hiding your face from nan-mahrams using a chadar, its not hijab, its not burqa, its not niqab, its just hiding face with chadar ....

this lady here is doing satar ... not from the camera obviously, but say from people on her left
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2006/11/28/afghanistan2.jpg

Sheenka
08-26-2010, 05:42 PM
iqra u r right in arabic it means to cover the part of ur body but in afg they use the word as u said, someone comes to ur house u shouldnt sit wid them (only na mahram)

Baidariwal
08-26-2010, 05:44 PM
haha you guys are too fast for me :dead:

Sheenka
08-26-2010, 05:45 PM
lool
u r net is slow

Iqra
08-26-2010, 05:45 PM
LOL yeah i got it now ;) before I kept on thinking of another word

lol khair dai

lol hijab is different than satr. Satr is hiding your face from nan-mahrams using a chadar, its not hijab, its not burqa, its not niqab, its just hiding face with chadar ....

:D

iqra u r right in arabic it means to cover the part of ur body but in afg they use the word as u said, someone comes to ur house u shouldnt sit wid them (only na mahram)

shaaa ... thanks :)

haha you guys are too fast for me :dead:

:fighting:

amna.
08-26-2010, 06:26 PM
I do.

Saifullah
08-26-2010, 08:53 PM
Satr is when u don't wanna meet or show yourself to someone

Abu Hurayrah
08-26-2010, 09:42 PM

There is no obligation in wearing the Hijaab in front of your father, if you do, nothing wrong with it.

There is a difference between a scarf and hijaab, a scarf is not the Hijaab, but the Hijaab does include a scarf.

IamDZJ
08-27-2010, 01:57 AM
There is no obligation in wearing the Hijaab in front of your father, if you do, nothing wrong with it.

There is a difference between a scarf and hijaab, a scarf is not the Hijaab, but the Hijaab does include a scarf.

i understand the difference. i do it out of respect for him. i will always remember the very first one he bought me..