View Full Version : Posting

Pakhtunzai
08-23-2010, 01:56 AM
Admin lala I have an idea, since we have a problem of people flooding too much, you should set the posting so people post in at the least 10 characters of words. Khyberwatch is a political thread and that has a set number of at least 20 characters. So since this forum isn't as political I would recommend at least 10 as it would restrict one word posts such as "lol" or "why" etc. It might just prompt some of us to come out with more useful posts kana.

What do you think guys?

IamDZJ
08-23-2010, 01:58 AM
how m i supposed to do this to people then?!

:glare:

Admin Khan
08-23-2010, 02:00 AM
That can easily be avoided by other means. Things are improving. Members are being warned and soon banned.

Lets all happily enjoy our community and learn from one another.

Thank you for your suggestion Pakhtunzai. Manana.

Laila
08-23-2010, 02:14 AM
I think it depends on the section. If its the Hujra section, and lets say the Random Thread...then its fine. Because its our chit chat section (REMEMBER WHEN I WAS ASKING FOR ONE!) *sighs* anyways, its not acceptable if its the politics thread, then the flooding just kills it all.

Pakhtunzai
08-23-2010, 02:19 AM
lol Pakhtunzai I just counted and we have almost 40,000 posts political related and you said its not into politics? The entire board revolves around politics here.

No no I was saying this forum isn't *as* political as KW, maybe for the political sections we should have at least 20 characters and for the random thoughts section as Laila khor has pointed out none because its our talking area. And the rest 10?

Just thinking of ways to improve kana, to maintain this forums quality:).

Pakhtunzai
08-23-2010, 02:26 AM
No no its fine wrora. I know what you mean too, but like I said only a suggestion:)

eyeliner
08-23-2010, 07:45 PM
well if people are going to flood they could write lol ten times, i think that sometimes people find it hard to express themselves sometimes, and somethings may be seen as flooding when its not, for e.g. in one of the threads i noticed that they were talking about whether tatoos are haram and then people went onto talk about female curumcision, now just because their reponses were long and they didnt have so called one liners, their responses were not disputed while someone could have a short response that could make sense, then would that be a useless contribution, isnt it meant to be quality rather than quantity, and anyways it is hard to maintain and limit an argument to the original question because other factors should always be considered but apparently those other factors are just floods.

Saifullah
08-23-2010, 07:47 PM
I think this was a good point, HUJRA is a hujra, which means relaxed...but if somebody floods in more serious sections then it is wrong

eyeliner
08-23-2010, 07:48 PM
^ awrgh saif, i took time writing that post and now they may not be able to see it lol

Saifullah
08-23-2010, 07:50 PM
Oh i just read it, good points u made...lol

Yea its true u can flood a topic with paragraphs, it doesnt always have to be one line flooding

eyeliner
08-23-2010, 07:52 PM
^ yes, i feel that some people who try and put their responses to arguments ligh heartedly are not taken seriously either, i hope everyone has to see what i wrote lol

AnGaaR
08-23-2010, 08:03 PM
to be honest about this topic

pakhtunzai is pointing towards some members only

eyeliner,sheenkay,saifullah,ayub,gulalai,sherkhan and someother members..

Isnt it true Pakhtunzai?