View Full Version : Afghans played a major role in development of Persian "Farsi", formal "Dari"

Nick
08-03-2010, 04:00 PM
Nick Brother I really like you, I don't know how old you are but you are very smart.... you have changed my views and help me understand that no matter we are still same.

I just don't won't to ask you these question in public, since I am very known to be against Persian speakers because of what's happening now.

But I never looked at Dari as an "Afghan" language but rather a Persian language, we were told in Pakistan where I grow up that Dari came from Sherazi, Ok I admit I am confused, we are Pashtuns, and I was shocked when you admit that Afghan=Pashtun, but you also said in Afghans played a major role in creation of Persian Language, didn't Tajiks and Persians played a major rule in creation of Persian Language.

Weren't most of those who created Farsi were from Iran, Ok name me one poet that dates back in early ages and that with prove that he was a Afghan by Race and not Iranian.

How did our Helmand which is like 90% Pashtuns played a major rule in making Dari, was the original home of Dari .

You also said that Tajik ethnic groups that are represented 27% is not really ethnic group, please clarify, I am waiting for your respond.

Also please tell me What do you mean by Afghan Race you mention the race too many times in your posts does that mean pure "Pashtuns"

Dear Brother since you asked me these questions in private I am going to hide some of your comments and Not indications to who you are. I am glad you shared your personal info as well as addressed me in good words. Dear Brother to tell you this as I have always been, that I am a slave for my people. Information is not meant to keep but rather give away. Yes I do know what I am doing and I am not in any mode of turning more Pashtuns into Persian. However your deep hate towards us Dari speakers is mainly due to ISI newspapers and propaganda in NWFP. Since you have never seen Afghanistan and saw it from eyes of Pakistani TV/News/Media I don't blame you for exposing yourself as an "native Afghani" rather than being truthful to where you are from. You are Pashtun/Pakhtun and you are from Pakistan, makes no difference but you are one better educated Pashtun since you understand that "Afghan"applies to your roots as well. It doesn't matter if you are from Sri Linka, India, Iran or Pakistan as long as you know you are Afghan, the next generation of yours would never be lost.

Anyways I am sorry that but making this an open Thread since many others may also wonder and since you asked many questions, its wise to post in open to others who might also have same concerns as yours, as well as others who are way smarter than me and will give you a different views, maybe different or maybe related to mine. LOL BTW brother I Don't considered myself Smart.

But I never looked at Dari as an "Afghan" language but rather a Persian language, we were told in Pakistan where I grow up that Farsi-Dari came from poet Sherazi, Ok I admit I am confused, we are Pashtuns, and I was shocked when you admit that Afghan=Pashtun, but you also said in Afghans played a major role in creation of Persian Language, didn't Tajiks and Persians played a major rule in creation of Persian Language.But I never looked at Dari as an "Afghan" language but rather a Persian language, we were told in Pakistan where I grow up that Farsi-Dari came from poet Sherazi You mean Khawaja Hafiz Sharazi, a well known late Persian poet of 14th century, well his grandfather was said to be a Khawaja from Middle east immigrated during destruction of Ghangis Khan into Eastern city of Sheraz. By religion he was Sunni, by language he was Persian. Often related to shia Iran but he was not a Shia himself, he gain his fame during Timur-e-Lang reference to Ilkhanate civil wars. LOL He was not the first one to make Persian poetry.

but you also said in Afghans played a major role in creation of Persian Language, didn't people of Tajikistan, and Afghan Tajiks and Persians played a major rule in creation of Persian Language.Well here is the confusion part, you like many others assume that Tajiks of Tajikistan and Tajiks of Afghanistan are same, an argument often presented by ISI of Pakistan since they discovered "Russian Demographics" and noticed to make use of the word "Tajik" and its affiliation with "USSR's Turkistan region named "Tajikistan". This is not knew this properganda has history of its own started in 1960s although Afghan government rejected the word in 1956 but despite all Russian BS continued to spell, because the fact of the argument was that Afghan Government admit that thousands of Basmachi fallowers came to Afghanistan as well as during Abdur Rahman Khan's era. Therefore people related to Turkic Persian speakers also reside inside Afghanistan, and that together mixed with native Farsiwans and combined by Russians along with Qazalbash, Ismailis, and Aimaqs etc to be called "Tajik" in 1970s "Amiq" and Qazalbash was separated, further confusing was the American usage of "Farsiwan=Shia" further confusion to the word "Tajik" remain until this.
People of Tajikistan are Turks and yes they did played a role in making Farsi, so did Uzbeks ie Bukhara/Samarkand and so did Turkmans ie Mahvians "Merv".

Afghan Tajiks to my eyes are some 2.5 or 3 million people descendants of Tajikistan. I myself from time to time refused the word "Tajik" and continued the native usage "Farsiwan". So please if you mean "Farsiwans" then yes Afghans did played a major role in making Dari language.

Weren't most of those who created Farsi were from Iran, Ok name me one poet that dates back in early ages and that with prove that he was a an Afghan by Race and not Iranian.No from Afghanistan

Ok name me one poet that dates back in early ages and that with prove that he was a an Afghan by Race and not IranianMost Earliest
Mohammad bin Waseef Sagzi (Helmand)
Mohammad bin Mokhlad Sagzi (Kandahar)
Hanzala Badghizi (Badghis)
Nasr Faryabi (Faryab)
Firuz Mashreghi (Either Herat or Farah hard to say since Farah and Herat were always one province)

Exploration of Dari
Farrukh Sistani (Helmand)
Shahid Balkhi (balkh)
Shaker Balkhi (Balkh)

Most of these poets have short paces which indicates to a language of modern Dari, but very difficult and very Arabic, and these people also wrote poems in Arabic as well, remember Poetry started from Arabic, and went down to mixed with native languages. Like these bellow
Abu Mansur Balkhi (Balkh)
Unsuri Ghazniwi(Zabul)
Ayuqi Ghanzniwi (Ghazni)
Hakim Saani Ghaznawi (Zabul
Ansari (Herat)
Zaynuddin Azraqi (Farah)
Al Gardizi, (Paktya)

Again those Dari poets/writer have all influenced Iranian poets and writers like Abu Qasim,Asad Gurgani, Nezami, Tabrizi, and during those time Iranian as well as other Afghans continued to play a role in development such people of this last era include Jami, Rumi, Mohammad Herawi, Zahir Faryabi, etc etc

I could go on and on and mention individuals from every region of Afghanistan, but the single fact remains the region of Modern heaviest Pashtu speakers were once developers of Dari language.

How did our Helmand which is like 90% Pashtuns played a major rule in making Dari, was the original home of Dari . I have mentioned their name and where they were from aside from this don't take my words they wrote in Arabic and those first Dari resembling Poet ever was an Afghan if you shell discover them by their village it will pin-point to Helmand. Still if you don't want to hear my words look at their name "sagzi" its more than enough you don't even need to research further cause Sagizi was one major ethno afgan tribe that has been divided in many other afghan tribes and branches

Also please tell me What do you mean by Afghan Race you mention the race too many times in your posts does that mean pure "Pashtuns"By Race i mean natives, i am not going over to whom are natives as I mentioned before, that Natives of Afghan region are some 14 tribes numbered 60-70 million world wide of which 35-50 million speaks "Pashtu language" world wide. Despite majority of Afghan race speaks "Pashtu" which is why everything related to Afghans is credited to a classified ethnic group Pashtuns, but I don't believe in language represents race.