View Full Version : Miss - elections

Tamara
08-03-2010, 12:18 PM
What do you guys think about the Miss - elections?
Do you think it's necessary for Afghanistan and our society when they participate?
What are the pro's and con's?

Pukhtana1
08-03-2010, 12:21 PM
what are the miss elections?

Alia
08-03-2010, 01:49 PM
i think itīs ok but not necessary at all

Millatpal Noorzai
08-03-2010, 02:09 PM
She means like Miss world, Miss Universe.

I think it's a way of representing our countrys beauty.

Something that is never practiced in a country can not be exhibited as a representation of that country abroad,YES i mean AFGHANS IN BIKINIS.

IamDZJ
08-03-2010, 04:32 PM
They dont represent us but they do leave a negative impression in the minds of afghans in afghanistan about us.

Master Khan
08-03-2010, 05:22 PM
I think its PAZOLEY!!
Our women should never be exposed on TV for the world.

Millatpal Noorzai
08-03-2010, 07:09 PM
I see what you mean Millitpal I just thougt it's a way to show Afghan beauty.

I am glad you shared ur opinion.

IamDZJ
08-03-2010, 08:25 PM
These people have time to waste.. We dont have to adopt everything from their culture... Some people think its ROSHAN FEKRI.. I dont see how standing in front of the world in your underwear supposed to be a talent.

BLS_1919v2.0
08-03-2010, 08:38 PM
Daa Miss world Mr World dwanra zamung kultur pakhto ao deen pur ziddh dae. Zamaa pa nazr daa da ttamiithob ao ozgyaarthyaa kaaroona dee...che kam Qaam khpl kor kalae khaar kae sathr kaee ao byaa da wokee nu byaa agha pakhto laarra. Bala khabaraa daa sirf Miss la paara na dae, Mr ham da paara, agha ham porraa sharm dae. Manana

IamDZJ
08-03-2010, 09:41 PM
there is this pashto article written on this.. d khkola malika sok kidai shey.. i m going to hack in to my mom's computer and see if i can steal it. :runaround:

meanwhile, if any one knows what i am talking about, please post it here. it would be an interesting read.

Admin Khan
08-03-2010, 09:44 PM
I look forward to it.

Millatpal Noorzai
08-04-2010, 12:32 AM
Millitpal Noorzai.
I thought about it and I wanted to apologize about that post.

Shlombay Jana don't stress yourself.
After all we are here to share our opinions and speak our minds out.
I have great respect for your thoughts and posts.

Manana

amna.
08-04-2010, 05:09 AM
It's part of European and American culture to dress the way they do but it's unPashtun like.

Tamara
08-04-2010, 12:48 PM
I don't want to see my sisters doing the catwalk while billions of people are watching.

Miss Afghanistan 2008 is Miss Germany 2010 now and it's sad to see our sister in that position it's against our religion and our culture. Some of the German rappers say some disrespecting things in their songs and this is actually not the way how we afghans represent our women, in the afghan society the women has a high position, they would kill somebody for disrespecting the mother, wife and sister.

Sheenka
08-04-2010, 12:59 PM
i think we should have miss afghan every yr
and its gd should keep it up lol

Alia
08-04-2010, 02:18 PM
Miss Afghanistan 2008 is Miss Germany 2010 now and it's sad to see our sister in that position it's against our religion and our culture. Some of the German rappers say some disrespecting things in their songs and this is actually not the way how we afghans represent our women, in the afghan society the women has a high position, they would kill somebody for disrespecting the mother, wife and sister.

yeah thatīs right

Master Khan
08-04-2010, 03:27 PM
no not miss Afghan, We should call it miss Palita.

IamDZJ
08-04-2010, 04:10 PM
Okay calm down now.

Tamara
08-04-2010, 04:26 PM
Yes she won the Miss - election Germany

Sheenka
08-04-2010, 05:02 PM
no not miss Afghan, We should call it miss Palita.
thats rude lol
why do u call that, its better than being a dama,

Master Khan
08-04-2010, 06:29 PM
thats rude lol
why do u call that, its better than being a dama,
girls who do these are dame lol.
So who is going to be miss palita.

شمله ور خراساني
08-04-2010, 06:36 PM
What do you guys think about the Miss - elections?
Do you think it's necessary for Afghanistan and our society when they participate?
What are the pro's and con's?
Its one of the so many different versions of prostitution. Infact, beauty pageants were made popular in Russia by Khodorkofsky, in the 90's in order to allow the pimps of Russia to find new women to exploit.

It is quite common for women who won beauty bageants to end up in the sex industry. A tall blond pretty girl I use to know was the winner of the local beauty pageant here in Holland. She works as a stripper now.

Ayshwariya Rai, the famous Indian actress was known to go to bed with rich people for 10.000 dollars. A rich Indian businessman from Holland consumed here when she was here during an Award show some time ago.

Master Khan
08-04-2010, 06:38 PM
Sangar deera sai khabara di okra :).
Our women should stay away from these things.

Sheenka
08-04-2010, 06:39 PM
girls who do these are dame lol.
So who is going to be miss palita.

its in ur view lol

شمله ور خراساني
08-04-2010, 06:43 PM
a woman does not need to display her beauty to people who judge her as if she is a piece of meat or pedigree cattle.

Every woman is beautiful in her own special way. And any self respecting woman who has dignity and honor would avoid beauty pageants and anything of this kind.

Let the prostitutes, immoral and shameless people participate in such contests.

Master Khan
08-04-2010, 06:44 PM
its in ur view lol
if think about whoever become miss plaita, they were paliti.

Sheenka
08-04-2010, 06:45 PM
^^
agreed but still, there are so many other things happens too its not big deal

Master Khan
08-04-2010, 06:45 PM
please sheenkay don't defend these unislamic and unpashtun things

Sheenka
08-04-2010, 06:46 PM
:fighting:master, dont swear:wub:

Sheenka
08-04-2010, 06:46 PM
please sheenkay don't defend these unislamic and unpashtun things

thats nothing bad about it, what about singers, thats unislamic too?

Master Khan
08-04-2010, 06:47 PM
its not kanzal..its a fact about them.

Master Khan
08-04-2010, 06:47 PM
thats nothing bad about it, what about singers, thats unislamic too?
well duh!! it is.

Sheenka
08-04-2010, 06:49 PM
then why do u watch them and why do u allow them to sing, i think this is better than singing

Master Khan
08-04-2010, 06:52 PM
then why do u watch them and why do u allow them to sing, i think this is better than singing
Miss paliti sucks, all they is walk down the ramp show their bodies to everyone and thats it.
all singers do is just sing.

Sheenka
08-04-2010, 06:53 PM
nah, they u r voted for their beauty clothes and they r asked questions as well

Master Khan
08-04-2010, 06:54 PM
I rather sing then show my body to everyone!!

Sheenka
08-04-2010, 06:57 PM
coz u dont have body LOL

Roshina
08-04-2010, 08:52 PM
These beauty pageants and any contest that judges a female by her looks rather than by her intellect or her service to humanity are nothing but an insult to women, to womanhood, to femininity. They degrade women -- all women, not just those who choose to participate in them -- to such a deep extent that one can only watch them with pity for those who sponsor such shows and contests.

One of the most obvious ways to note this is by realizing that it never judges men but only women. Why? Why do women lack any worth? And who are most of the judges in these pageants? Males or females? What about the audience? Primarily male or primarily female?

And the kinds of questions they asked? My goodness. Why not ask something like, "How do you plan to help orphans with the money you will get as a winner of this pageant?" Or "What humanitarian organizations do you vow to support with your awards and why?" But no. We'd rather be shallow enough to ask, "Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?" And then answer, "I plan to win millions of more contests like these within the next few years." Awesome.

As DZJ said, what talent is there in a woman walking with no clothing in front of the entire world?

How long does it take to become "talented" in something as superficial as this?

And this is yet another way to manipulate younger females and stupid men: "Beautiful women are those who are thin and have no clothing on. One of the most popular ways to become this thin is by starving yourself." We need to be helping women develop self-esteem and self-respect, and these beauty contests are a way to do the complete opposite.

The funniest winner that I've been notified of has been Ms. Pakistan 2006: "I'm representing Pakistani women, who are free woman. But this way, also, I'm helping fight for their freedom," she is reported to have said in China. Funny statement ... "representing Pakistani women" in such clothing and with such a lacking concept of beauty? You represent ONLY yourself -- just like everyone else.

Palwasha
08-04-2010, 08:57 PM
The funniest winner that I've been notified of has been Ms. Pakistan 2006: "I'm representing Pakistani women, who are free woman. But this way, also, I'm helping fight for their freedom," she is reported to have said in China. Funny statement ... "representing Pakistani women" in such clothing and with such a lacking concept of beauty? You represent ONLY yourself -- just like everyone else.

Ooh, I remember her, I mean coz there was like a bit of an uproar. Most Pakistani's weren't very pleased, in the sense that she doesn't represent Pakistan, especially since she was born and reaised in the US. Well I think it's the same girl..

She went on a Pakistani TV show where people could ring in and all, she got so much bezthi, I actually felt bad for her.

I totally agree though, Miss World is pointless. It's not even real beauty, it's all artifical, (hair and make up).

شمله ور خراساني
08-04-2010, 08:59 PM
Pakistanis shouldn't complain. I hear they have a thriving beauty pageant going on in Heera Mandi.

Sheenka
08-04-2010, 09:38 PM
call urself afghan

Sheenka
08-04-2010, 09:41 PM
i agree wat my lovely siss said
I gave up khan lol

Palwasha
08-04-2010, 09:48 PM
i agree wat my lovely siss said
I gave up khan lol

What do you mean?

IamDZJ
08-05-2010, 12:59 AM
the funny part is when you say you don't approve of her but you know for sure that she won this year and last year..and the year before...i m not sure if you realize this but you are supporting her and this stupid hobby of hers.

Sheenka
08-05-2010, 12:35 PM
What do you mean?

coz i said there nothing bad about it, and khan was saying they r palita so i wasnt agree with that coz they r better than singers :wub:

Master Khan
08-05-2010, 02:46 PM
there is nothing bad about it...lol, they are making money on her body and looks.

Fahd
08-05-2010, 03:50 PM
any 1 say yes we need this thing's
________
ok i will tell you 1 thing what about ur sister do u want to her be in this program
if u say yes
i will say yes im with u

Master Khan
08-05-2010, 03:53 PM
all this modeling, miss world etc are for western girls, Our women need respect and to be treated well, whoever makes money out of womens bodies and looks laanat sha pi!!