View Full Version : REQUEST to All PF Members

شمله ور خراساني
07-21-2010, 11:31 PM
As salaamu aleikoum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

I noticed that practically nobody types in Pashto on PF.

Now I know most of our members are from the West including myself. And it is very unusual to know how to type in Pashto out here. But at least, we can try buy practicing.

But that is not what this request is about.

I want to request all of you to go out and seek friends and family, relatives and people you know who are active on the internet and are well versed in Pashto to join Pashtunforums.

I have quite a few friends on facebook from Kabul, Nangarhar and Peshawar. I am going to invite them to join our forums.

So I request all of you to do the same thing.

It is quite embarrassing to have a Pashtunforums which is primarily in English. Aside from Din, nobody else is posting anything in Pashto. Which is sad. Because this is supposed to be a Pashtunforum. Not Angrez forum.

So hurry up and find me a few active members who write in Pashto.

Mayana
07-21-2010, 11:42 PM
Do you mean typing in Pashto alphabet?
I know for me it's difficult because I'm more used to the English keyboard.. but I've been thinking about writing my Pashto posts in Pashto alphabet from now on.. makhsad bekhi der wakht ghoari nesbat wo da noro Takkooh ta..

AnGaaR
07-21-2010, 11:56 PM
its good to post in pashto but.........

many members come online from their work place,office or school/college
not all members got laptops to install pashto program in it
they cant install pashto font or program in their school,office or work computers

you need to practice the typing in pashto for atleast a week or so
not everyone is good in typing english.. how wil they type in pashto?

Those living outside Afghanistan,pakistan are not familiar with pashto text and i am sure many of the guys dont know how to read pashto...
There was a topic about writing pashto and many members had voted pro Non pashto readers :)

Yessssss there is a way
We need automatic translator program.
whatever we write in english, the program should automatically convert it to pashto font :) hows that?

JAMALUDEEN
07-21-2010, 11:58 PM
Angaar, i have tried looking for some Pashto Fonts and softwares for linux but found nothing. Can you refer me to some please. :)

AnGaaR
07-22-2010, 12:00 AM
Angaar, i have tried looking for some Pashto Fonts and softwares for linux but found nothing. Can you refer me to some please. :)
yes
you can find them in pashto language section
tor khan lala has posted a topic about it and there is the software to download too

i will search for the topic and paste the link right here .. but in few minutes :)

http://www.pashtunforums.com/pashto-language-10/

AnGaaR
07-22-2010, 12:02 AM
Angaar we should learn thats the whole point.

If you know how to write Pashto please teach me angaar.
you should go here too
http://www.pashtunforums.com/pashto-language-10/ (http://www.pashtunforums.com/pashto-language-10/)

Mayana
07-22-2010, 12:36 AM
sangar i have invited many members like samoon, din, sweet, millitpal noorzai and all of these members type in pashto.

Mayana how about we both try and it would be fun learning =p.

Sangar you begin a course like tor_khan

درځه چی پښتو ولیکو! زه هر وجت یوه ویب پاڼه کارومه د پښتو د خط د پاره که ځو چی پښتو کیبورډ نه لرم

Mayana
07-22-2010, 12:47 AM
Tolafghan: (http://tolafghan.com/contacts)

Mayana
07-22-2010, 01:02 AM
You click on the little box where it says متن and then an orange keyboard pops up under the box.. and then you click each and every letter individually, naqih kho nawayam chi niki zamat day :P

Admin Khan
07-22-2010, 01:05 AM
This is a terrific idea Sangar and I am willing to support you in making this as effective and successful as possible.

Our very own PashtunForums ustad Tor Khan had posted a few tutorials on how to type in Pashto, I suppose those who are interested can begin some grave-digging.

Roshina
07-22-2010, 01:36 AM
الا!!!! اے خلقو!! دا خو مزے دی
مننه مېنی!

Okay, I had trouble pasting that . . . what to do about that? It was all over the place when I pasted it; the "alaaaaaa" was at the end of "dee" and I had emoticons (of course), but they were butchered, so I had to remove them. Oh, and I need to have an exclamation marks after both lines. I can't put them in ... why?
Help?

Yousafzai Pakhtun
07-22-2010, 01:52 AM
مونږ خلق هسې مليان نۀ منو.........سنګر ملا ته وګورئ څومره د مزې خبره ئې وکړه........اوس زۀ پوئ شوم چې د ملا خبرې ډېر خوږ تاثير لري ځکه خو ئې ملګري ډېر دي.............ګپ لګوم
سنګر جانه ډېره ښه ائيډيا دې مخې ته راوويشته...........مونږ له پکار دي چې خپله ژبه ليکو، لولو او وايو.........د نن نه پس زۀ ستا مريد شوم.......... باچاجي زۀ تاسو سره دا وعده کوم چې پښتو کښې به پوسټونه کوم.............ښه

بل ما وئيل دا غوښتل چې ماسره د پښتو سافټ وئير شته چې نوم ئې لېوال دے.........د دې په انسټالولو سره مونږ په خپل کمپيوټر کښې هره ونډو کښې پښتو ليکل کولې شو.......کۀ انټرنيټ اېکسپلورر وي، کۀ اېم اېس ورډ، او کۀ بل پروګرام د دې سافټ وئير سره مونږ پښتو ليکلي شو...........ځکه چې دا يو ځان له پروګرام نۀ دے لکه د اېن پېچ وغېره پشان بلکه دا د ونډو دپاره جوړ دے او انسټالولو نه پس په ونډو کښې دوه لېنګويج يا ژبې راشي يو انګرېزي او بله پښتو نو اوس دا د استعمالونکي کار دے چې کومه ژبه استعمالوي او پکاروي ئې..........
کۀ څوک ما ته د دې پروګرام د اي مېل کولو طريقه وښائي نو ورته به ئې ولېږم ځکه چې ما اورېدلي دي چې عام طور سره سټ اپ واله پائلز نۀ اي مېل کېږي

مننه
يوسفزے

Yousafzai Pakhtun
07-22-2010, 02:13 AM
many members come online from their work place,office or school/college
not all members got laptops to install pashto program in it
they cant install pashto font or program in their school,office or work computers

you need to practice the typing in pashto for atleast a week or so
not everyone is good in typing english.. how wil they type in pashto?

Those living outside Afghanistan,pakistan are not familiar with pashto text and i am sure many of the guys dont know how to read pashto...
There was a topic about writing pashto and many members had voted pro Non pashto readers :)

:fighting:

خوئ بد بهانې بېسياره

Moral: The Tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyrany.....:fighting:

tor_khan
07-22-2010, 04:29 AM
I posted this up before (http://www.pashtunforums.com/46828-post185.html), but this is the slightly edited version:

I keep on discovering more, but here are four ways to get started if you wish to write in Pashto:

1. Nazia’s wonderful tutorial (http://www.pashtunforums.com/pashto-language-10/how-type-pashto-tutorial-668/) - basically how to add Pashto keyboarding to the Windows environment
2. Download and Install a Pashto Phonetic Keyboard by following this link (http://www.destaar.com/downloads/index.php?subcat=2&ENGINEsessID=fd9576e64e2b217bd0ba131600076ea5) – it comes from our very own Feroz Afridi’s Destar website - it adds the Pashto option to the bottom right of your screen (DON’T be put off by the Panjabi label – it IS Pashto in fact) and it means that unlike Option 1 here which shows you how to add the Pashto keyboarding option and has a scattered keyboard – this one reconfigures your keyboard so that Alif is A, Bey is B, Tey is T etc. You’ll be keyboarding in no time!
3. Another useful link: Pashto keyboard (Afghan) Online LEXILOGOS >> (http://www.lexilogos.com/keyboard/pashto.htm)
4. (Probably one of the easiest, but not always very accurate) Download Pashto Word (http://www.pashtunforums.com/12196-post50.html) by following the link – basically it is a little tool that allows you to write in English e.g. Tor Khan and it converts it into Pashto تور خان

Dawezai
07-22-2010, 05:26 AM
Good idea!

Off the topic, what do you guys think about the Romanisation of Pashto? Will it not be convenient and appropriate to write Pashto in Romans rather than in Arabic script?

Yousafzai Pakhtun
07-22-2010, 05:37 AM
Khabara kho dey kha da sir jeeeee kho Due to various dialects of pashto one won't be able to understand it in roman form.....Laka da Nokia pa pukhto chey mung na pohegu.....

Dawezai
07-22-2010, 05:55 AM
Jana, every language has dialects. English, for example, has hundreds of dialects (http://webspace.ship.edu/cgboer/dialectsofenglish.html) but it has a standard dialect as well. Pashto has about 90 dialects but most Pashto dialects, luckily, differ from each other in terms of phonetics and not in terms of lexicon. So, as we have a standard dialect written in Arabic script now, we can have a standard Pashto dialect written in Roman script as well. The Arabic script of Pashto has so many flaws and faults which cannot be fixed without Romanisation.

شمله ور خراساني
07-22-2010, 06:01 AM
Jana, every language has dialects. English, for example, has hundreds of dialects (http://webspace.ship.edu/cgboer/dialectsofenglish.html) but it has a standard dialect as well. Pashto has about 90 dialects but most Pashto dialects, luckily, differ from each other in terms of phonetics and not in terms of lexicon. So, as we have a standard dialect written in Arabic script now, we can have a standard Pashto dialect written in Roman script as well. The Arabic script of Pashto has so many flaws and faults which cannot be fixed without Romanisation.
Claiming that the Pashto script which is in Arabic contains flaws that cannot be fixed without Romanisation does not stem from observation nor extensive knowledge of language. But rather from hatred and animosity to our religion and connection with the Muslim world.

Only communists, secularists, atheists, sell-outs and traitors advocate Romanisation of script in Islamic societies.

While the modern electronic developments open doors for Arabic script and in an era where even Facebook is offering its services in Pashto, we have some "geniuses" who advocate Romanisation.

Dawezai
07-22-2010, 06:13 AM
Mulana saib, sorry if it offends you but language has got nothing to do with religion. I am afraid, the oversized religious goggles that some of us wear all the times result in weak judgments and hamper logical thinking.

شمله ور خراساني
07-22-2010, 06:16 AM
Mulana saib, sorry if it offends you but language has got nothing to do with religion. I am afraid, the oversized religious goggles that some of us wear all the times result in weak judgments and hamper logical thinking.

the oversized kufr goggles you are wearing is not helping your judgment. Don't project your own condition upon others.

Levanaye Zalmaye
07-22-2010, 07:02 AM
the oversized kufr goggles you are wearing is not helping your judgment. Don't project your own condition upon others.

You know, people don't give you enough credit for your sense of humor. The only person who manages to make me laugh out loud here literally is you.

SWATIAN
07-22-2010, 07:03 AM
ka dalta PF ke pakhto keyboard install kray shey no dair khwand ba waki.

tor_khan
07-22-2010, 09:46 AM
مونږ خلق هسې مليان نۀ منو.........سنګر ملا ته وګورئ څومره د مزې خبره ئې وکړه........اوس زۀ پوئ شوم چې د ملا خبرې ډېر خوږ تاثير لري ځکه خو ئې ملګري ډېر دي.............ګپ لګوم
سنګر جانه ډېره ښه ائيډيا دې مخې ته راوويشته...........مونږ له پکار دي چې خپله ژبه ليکو، لولو او وايو.........د نن نه پس زۀ ستا مريد شوم.......... باچاجي زۀ تاسو سره دا وعده کوم چې پښتو کښې به پوسټونه کوم.............ښه

بل ما وئيل دا غوښتل چې ماسره د پښتو سافټ وئير شته چې نوم ئې لېوال دے.........د دې په انسټالولو سره مونږ په خپل کمپيوټر کښې هره ونډو کښې پښتو ليکل کولې شو.......کۀ انټرنيټ اېکسپلورر وي، کۀ اېم اېس ورډ، او کۀ بل پروګرام د دې سافټ وئير سره مونږ پښتو ليکلي شو...........ځکه چې دا يو ځان له پروګرام نۀ دے لکه د اېن پېچ وغېره پشان بلکه دا د ونډو دپاره جوړ دے او انسټالولو نه پس په ونډو کښې دوه لېنګويج يا ژبې راشي يو انګرېزي او بله پښتو نو اوس دا د استعمالونکي کار دے چې کومه ژبه استعمالوي او پکاروي ئې..........
کۀ څوک ما ته د دې پروګرام د اي مېل کولو طريقه وښائي نو ورته به ئې ولېږم ځکه چې ما اورېدلي دي چې عام طور سره سټ اپ واله پائلز نۀ اي مېل کېږي

مننه
يوسفزے

يوسفزے جان ستاسو ده سافټوير په زِپ فائال فورماټ کښی شته؟

tor_khan
07-22-2010, 10:36 AM

I have never claimed to be an expert of Pashto, but honestly, I am not an advocate of Romanisation because the examples I have seen are VERY dialectic specific.

I say this quite honestly as someone who is by training an English teacher and who has some knowledge of IPL. The IPL system is said to represent all the known sounds and could be used to represent Pashto, so anyone whatever their first language, if taught IPL could sound out this: ˈaʊəz ɪz ə ˈbju:təfəl ˈlŠnd ˈri:ʧ ˈaʊt ən ˈnɒt steɪ ˈstɪl |. The cynic in me says, this is less plausible and at least with Egyptian hieroglyphs you can describe the pictures.

We have a solution in Pashto script - it covers the dialects, so whatever the dialect, we can pick it up and read the script. The big issue is we have is standardisation of spelling. English spelling conventions mostly come from the French and German root sources of the language (notice how in British English litre is indistinguishable from the French word) and early English text sources will show any number of spellings for commonly used words. These didn't really become standardised until the invention of the printing press and later the media helped tidy some more of these up (think the Times Newspaper/the BBC as helping to standardise).

That is where the media can really help Pashto. I often check back on the BBC for my spellings for Pashto, because even here I can see a change. There is a tendency for BBC to simply the ی/ے. We have had a number of discussions on this here on PF (http://www.pashtunforums.com/pashto-language-10/removing-some-pashto-alphabets-2202/) and personally, I think before we even get to the nitty gritty of perfect spelling, we have to be prepared to use our language and support it with our script.

My thoughts.

Master Khan
07-22-2010, 10:43 AM
wrora we all speak different pashto and some members can't read pashto.
it will be different to understand what people are typing..we all can read and understand english so thats why we post in English.

Yousafzai Pakhtun
07-23-2010, 03:41 AM
يوسفزے جان ستاسو ده سافټوير په زِپ فائال فورماټ کښی شته؟

نه لالا!!!! خواري خو دغه ده چې په زپ فارمېټ کښې نۀ دے
:pullinghair:

Dawezai
07-23-2010, 03:49 PM
We have a solution in Pashto script - it covers the dialects, so whatever the dialect, we can pick it up and read the script.
Could you please cite an example where the Arabic script covers different dialects of Pashto but which the Roman script doesn't?

Nadir Shah
07-23-2010, 03:55 PM

My thoughts exactly, Dawezai Lala. I actually worked along these lines a year back. It is very crude and unprofessional but I shall share a few things with you.

Dawezai
07-24-2010, 05:38 AM
Jamshyd Jana, please do share your research with us. We have also been working on the Romanisation of Pashto which I will share with you soon.

din
07-24-2010, 06:16 PM
mosh tola bayad pa pashto khabarey wako. zma ummar der dey no zma dona zhar da keyboard typing na izda kezhey

Millatpal Noorzai
07-25-2010, 06:47 PM
سنګر خانه ستا دا ارمان خو به زه در پوره کړم
دا یی ته او دا یی پښتو لیکبڼ

Mayana
07-25-2010, 06:59 PM
^ :running:

شمله ور خراساني
07-25-2010, 07:03 PM
سنګر خانه ستا دا ارمان خو به زه در پوره کړم
دا یی ته او دا یی پښتو لیکبڼ
مننه

هم داسې ورو ورو که موږ کوښښ وکړو ښه به وي

Dawezai
08-04-2010, 01:02 PM
tor_khan, I am still waiting for your example. Thanks.