View Full Version : recipes????

darkwitch
04-07-2010, 11:55 AM
yeah so u guys know any good recipes?
cookies will be highly appreciated....espeacially afghan

*Mahzala*
04-07-2010, 12:05 PM
My father and three year old nephew feel like Qabili Palau, so I am making it this weekend InshaAllah. Weekdays, I don't get much time. I can share that with you if you like - slightly different to the way mainstream'ers' do it, and quite liked by mainstream'ers'. Not a cookie one, I know.

I have LOADS of recipes in books though. I will share, don't you worry. :) (it almost looks cross-eyed!)

darkwitch
04-07-2010, 12:35 PM
My father and three year old nephew feel like Qabili Palau, so I am making it this weekend InshaAllah. Weekdays, I don't get much time. I can share that with you if you like - slightly different to the way mainstream'ers' do it, and quite liked by mainstream'ers'. Not a cookie one, I know.

I have LOADS of recipes in books though. I will share, don't you worry. :) (it almost looks cross-eyed!)

I HAVE NEVER MADE PALAU...nd my inlaws love it..lol i never admitted i dnt kno how to make it so it will be really helpful if u post it..
nd i prefered cookies all recipes are welcomed...:eating:

tor_khan
04-07-2010, 01:03 PM

We had Palau this evening and right now I'm going to take some down for some friends of mine (they are Afghan).

Thinking of which, I've got a blog idea - I'll take a photo so that everyone can see!

Enjoy your palaus!

*Mahzala*
04-07-2010, 01:16 PM
We had Palau this evening and right now I'm going to take some down for some friends of mine (they are Afghan).

Thinking of which, I've got a blog idea - I'll take a photo so that everyone can see!

Enjoy your palaus!

I actually took a photo of the first Qabili I made, I was excited, I must say. I even told my mum, wait wait, I want to take it up to the table myself. But I lost the photo as my phone got formatted and what not, long story. But this time, lets see, I might. It's a very tedious process this one, I think of all the other palaus. There are SO many ... yum yum.

Enjoy yours too! Noshi jaanam. Oh btw, are we included in those 'Afghan' friends? Well, I'll accept the photo for now :happy:

*Mahzala*
04-07-2010, 01:17 PM
I HAVE NEVER MADE PALAU...nd my inlaws love it..lol i never admitted i dnt kno how to make it so it will be really helpful if u post it..
nd i prefered cookies all recipes are welcomed...:eating:

Aww well, you're too young yourself my Dear. I will post InshaAllah, if all goes to plan. :)

tor_khan
04-07-2010, 03:53 PM
Mesbah post them dear khor.

I am anticipated now.

I think we need a food and recipe section here too lol.

we members ask for too much lol, poor admin khan.

::rolleyes::I'm sure it's no trouble. I bet Admin Khan doesn't mind.

You're right about this section mind, it is something I raised in another posting.

tor_khan
04-07-2010, 03:59 PM
I actually took a photo of the first Qabili I made, I was excited, I must say. I even told my mum, wait wait, I want to take it up to the table myself. But I lost the photo as my phone got formatted and what not, long story. But this time, lets see, I might. It's a very tedious process this one, I think of all the other palaus. There are SO many ... yum yum.

Enjoy yours too! Noshi jaanam. Oh btw, are we included in those 'Afghan' friends? Well, I'll accept the photo for now :happy:

Tashukar Mesbah! Kheyli Mamnun.

Oh yes - everyone included here. :happy:

BTW - I was not the chef (of course) and the palau was a big hit!

*Mahzala*
04-08-2010, 12:42 PM
Tashukar Mesbah! Kheyli Mamnun.

Oh yes - everyone included here. :happy:

BTW - I was not the chef (of course) and the palau was a big hit!

Khwahish mekonam. Kela kela lega Arabi peke hum gadawa Tor_Khan. Khe khwand ba wuki!

Laila
04-13-2010, 03:17 AM
FIRINEE

INGREDIENTS

6 tbs cornstarch
3 1/2 cups milk
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/2 tsp cardamom seeds
1-2 tbs finely ground pistachio
INSTRUCTIONS

Make a paste out of the cornstarch and a bit of the milk. Mix well, and heat the remaining milk in a sauce pan until it is hot. Add the sugar and stir constantly or else it will not turn out right. When the milk is close to boiling, slowly add the paste. Bring this to a boil while stirring continuously then lower the heat and cook for 3-4 minutes. Pour into a glass pan or dish and decorate it by pouring the pistachios over the top.

http://www.bamianrestaurant.com/images/Firnee.jpg

Simple and very yummy dessert :)

Ali
04-13-2010, 05:55 AM
Zaiqa ye sanga da khwaga bakey pe pora dey kana ..