View Full Version : Mohammad Gul Mohmand

lalala
07-12-2010, 09:16 PM
tell us everything you know about him

Darweshkhel
07-13-2010, 06:53 AM
Muhammad Gul Khan Mohmand

His letter to Abdul Rauf Benawa regarding the importance of language for the nation and the responsibilities of writers and leaders towards their language was published tract form in fifty three pages by Pukhto Adabi Tolana, Kabul. "This essay counts all the virtues of human life in relation to Pashto and Pashtunwala." (Hamish Khalil, 1995)

I'm gonna post this letter to Ustad Benawa very soon. This letter is written in great Pashto and his expression is just beautiful.

محمد ګل خان مومند بابا
Born 1885 in Kabul and died 1964

Feroz Afridi
07-13-2010, 08:20 AM
Great pakhtun intelectual.
baba ye pakhtu.
allah ye wabakha

Darweshkhel
07-13-2010, 10:02 AM
Yea Ustad Benawa was born and raised in Kandahar. He was co-founder of Pashto Academy (Pashto Tolana), he created one of the first newspapers (Tolu' Afghan), was director of Radio Kabul, he wrote hundreds of articles and books. Thanks to him Noor Mhmd Tarakay got a job in press department cause Benawa was director of Pashto Academy during that time.

Benawa was HARD CORE gotta love him!

Darweshkhel
07-13-2010, 11:27 AM
wait til you see Ustad Ulfat^^.

Darweshkhel
07-13-2010, 12:25 PM
no I'm not Kandahari;-)

by the way there is no larawbar in my sig.

Darweshkhel
07-13-2010, 07:26 PM
Darweshkhel I have a feeling you work for benawa :).

I like your love for pashto. I like being around people like you who want to see Pashto progress

Thanks Aseer jaana I really appreciate that
I would marry pashto without hesitation^^.

Millatpal Noorzai
07-18-2010, 12:59 PM
I recommend he be addressed as MOHAMMAD GUL KHAN MOHMAND BABA.Pashtuns honor their legends with the dignitary title "BABA" and MOHMAND BABA through his service for the Pashtun nation has well earned that title.