View Full Version : Biology Questions.

afghangirlx
07-12-2010, 12:15 AM
I am studying biology on my own since school is over and here are a few questions I have from reading the chapters. I need someone to explain to me. I am a 9th grader.

What is reproduction

What is hereditary

What is genetic variations

What is a sexual and a asexual reproduction

What is a mutation

What are chromosomes

please explain to me what these different types of genetic variations are structural or anatomical, physiological, behavioral, molecular, and chromosomes gene.

Sheenka
07-12-2010, 02:21 PM
men and women has reproduction system
lolz

Levanaye Zalmaye
07-12-2010, 02:53 PM
I am studying biology on my own since school is over and here are a few questions I have from reading the chapters. I need someone to explain to me. I am a 9th grader.

Hello. Nice to meet you.

What is reproduction: Making babies.

What is hereditary: Daughter inheriting mom's long nose. Sanga moor hagha se lur.

What is genetic variations: When the daughter inherits the long nose and the bad attitude.

What is a sexual and a asexual reproduction: The former requires the presence of the said long-nosed, angry woman while the latter does not.

What is a mutation: When the daughter's nose is longer than the mother's.

What are chromosomes: Tiny stuff that determines the exact size of the daughter's nose.

please explain to me what these different types of genetic variations are structural or anatomical, physiological, behavioral, molecular, and chromosomes gene.

You never thanked me when I helped you with your essay on Gandhi. I'm still helping you out here. :hairy:

afghangirlx
07-12-2010, 02:54 PM
timbaktu, this was not my homework. I told you school is over, I am studying on my own will but the textbook I am reading for this subject does not explain these things really well it just expects you to know it.

єѕαρχαι
07-12-2010, 04:20 PM
Hello. Nice to meet you.

What is hereditary: Daughter inheriting mom's long nose. Sanga moor hagha se lur.

What is genetic variations: When the daughter inherits the long nose and the bad attitude.

What is a sexual and a asexual reproduction: The former requires the presence of the said long-nosed, angry woman while the latter does not.

What are chromosomes: Tiny stuff that determines the exact size of the daughter's nose.

You never thanked me when I helped you with your essay on Gandhi. I'm still helping you out here. :hairy:
pira kha makawa bad nishta

Niazmina
07-12-2010, 04:24 PM
Easy peasy.... click here

just kidding, click HERE (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=genetics)

erlangner
07-12-2010, 05:41 PM
Afghan Girl

When u define reproduction, you must know definition of species. What is species?
Species is the group of organisms which can freely perform sex and can produce fertile organisms. Now this production of alike organisms is called reproduction. Which means that parents organisms produce organisms which have the main charcateristcis like them. Here characteristics means biologicla characteristics, not social.

Hope you understand this definition of reproduction and species. It means that a wheat plant will produce always grains which will be able to produce another wheat plant.

eusuphxai
07-12-2010, 08:41 PM
Hello. Nice to meet you.

Genius pure genius :praise:

erlangner
07-13-2010, 09:25 AM

What is hereditary

It is not heriditary, but it is heridity.
Heridity is the passing of charcaters from parents to offsprings. These charcaters can vary, but at large these will be same. For example human being taking birth to a bay who look like other human beings. This is called heridity. And the characters which are not matching parents are called variations. According to some theories (my opinion as well) that these variations in course of millions of years evolove into new species.
I will exemplify it in a way, as we believe that all human beings are theoffsprings of Adam and eve. But today in the previous some thousand s years, we have no african black, european white, asian (chinese, japanese, korean, mongols), south indians, arabds of middle east etc all of these races came out due to consistant variations. Because only those varioations which are heriditable (mean which can pass from parents to offsprings) can result in evolution. In coming few thousand years, may be all these different races (groups) of human being are unable to give rise to fertile human beings, then it means their species is changed and it will be the evolution of new species.

However, I think you will have understand heridity and variations.

erlangner
07-13-2010, 09:33 AM

What is a sexual and a asexual reproduction

Sexual reporoduction is the type of reproduction where always is the mating of ova and sperms. It means that genetic material of two individuals is mixed resulting in a new organism. It results in much variations as well because of exchange of genetic material during this process of mixing. Almost all animals and plants practice this way of sexual reproduction.
Asexual reproduction, where a production of new individual happens without exchange of genetic material between two individuals but just one individual is involved. It is the main process of reproduction in lower classes organism, like bacteria, some fungi, and also some protozoan.
It has then different forms, like budding, binary fission, spore formation, parthenogenesis (which may be the possible way, how Prophet Jesus was created).

erlangner
07-13-2010, 09:39 AM

What is a mutation

Mutations are the changes in genetic material sequence because of any sudden change. what can be the reason for sudden change. It can happen physical damage, radiation etc. These mutations basically then change the charcaters of the coming individual, and it may some times resutls into useful and sometimes harmful organism.
I will exemplify it so. If mutation is harmful, so the individual will not survive and this mutation is finished also with. But if it is useful then it will replace the normal individuals as well.
Mutataions can happens experimentally as well. In Pakistan maxi-pak, is a mutant of common wheat. Its plant size is small and yield is much, and time for its growth is short. All sch crops types are the results of experimental mutations. Different types of cow, horses, camels etc are produced which are replacing the normal ones.