View Full Version : Head Injuries

Pakhtunzai
07-08-2010, 05:05 AM
Salamoona

Since some of you guys are doctors or doctors in training. I suffered a head injury around 2 weeks ago and got knocked unconscious for 2-3 minutes and got carried away in an ambulance. Now it seems it hasn't fully recovered. Is there anything I should/shouldn't to to help it because the pain is seriously starting to annoy me now, I can't concentrate on anything!

Levanaye Zalmaye
07-08-2010, 05:10 AM
They did a CT scan, right?

Pakhtunzai
07-08-2010, 05:15 AM
Nope they didn't think it was serious enough to do the scan. Since I started walking about pretty much straight away after I fell but it looked like I was drunk lol. Went into A n E the other day just to get myself checked out and they said I'll be alright but I still feel dazed out.

Levanaye Zalmaye
07-08-2010, 05:23 AM
I dunno man... As far as I know, head injuries should be taken seriously because, and I hope that's not the case with you, there can be a possibility of internal bleeding.... I'm not a professional though and if the doctors said you're okay, they must know what they're talking about...

Pakhtunzai
07-08-2010, 05:26 AM
Thats what I was worried about, my mama suffered a fall at age of 12 and all of a sudden he went blind within a month! Now hes partially sighted which is near enough blind. Since I got checked out it should be ok insha allah. But I'm just asking advice from our doctors and experienced people here. You seem to know some stuff:).

Pakhtunzai
07-08-2010, 09:44 AM
Thanks man. Just pray this gets better:). I feel really tired man!

Musafira
07-08-2010, 10:09 AM
I suffered a head injury a few years ago and for weeks I felt "not myself". It takes time to get better but if you are feeling worse and worse then I think you should insist on some tests being done. I hope and pray you feel better soon wrora.

erlangner
07-08-2010, 10:55 AM
Pakhtunzai, some times it does not look much injury from outside, but inner it makes a deep wound, so i dont know where are you living? If you are living in some developed country then you can know it through different tests of serum or CSF, if you have any injury to brain, for example imbalance of blood brain barrier. Or as someone else suggested for seeing physical injury inside you should to CT scans. Ya, as it can recover now, but it can make problems any time later in your lfie, so will be better to see it in details and then take the precautionary measures from now.
Wish you all the best, Allah de rogh jor ka.

Iqra
07-08-2010, 11:22 AM
Awwwwwwwwww walaikum salaam

Khuday tala dih rogh o jor ka InshaAllah ... maybe you should get yourself checked out again before your trip dakhaira?

:fighting: :fighting: :fighting:

Pakhtunzai
07-08-2010, 12:53 PM
Aww thanks guys that really means a lot:). I live in the UK and the doctors here said I don't need any scan. I've been checked out twice and they say everythings fine but this the weird thing about my head the pain comes and goes. Ahh well I have my trust in Allah:).

spogmai shaglay
07-08-2010, 01:55 PM
Alllah Talla helps those who help themselves.. Pakhtunzai.....

better get a CT Scan done....

you cant just sit at home with that unbearable pain of urs saying that Allah talla will make it all right...

Allah talla has given us a very precious and important thing, our brain.....Wrora just get a CT Scan done...i was assuming that u must be perfectly allright by now....

Pakhtunzai
07-10-2010, 02:03 AM
Hey guys I took a couple of nights break from the internet and its worked wonders for me alhumdulillah. Drank plenty of water and slept pretty early now my headaches near enough gone.:) Thanks a lot for the suggestions and duas, I might do a CT scan over there in Pakistan just to make sure.

Iqra
07-10-2010, 02:19 AM
shukar dai =)

Roshina
07-10-2010, 02:37 AM
I suffered a head injury around 2 weeks ago and got knocked unconscious for 2-3 minutes and got carried away in an ambulance.

Very, very sorry to hear about your head injury, wrora! Taking time off the computer was certainly a great idea, since your eyes and mind would be much more relaxed now. Sleeping and waking up on time as well.

ALL head injuries are serious and should be taken seriously. But I guess, yeah, doctors would know better, so if they said it's not that bad, then maybe it's not.

But if you don't mind, can you tell us exactly how you received the injury?

Pakhtunzai
07-10-2010, 03:22 AM
shukar dai =)

:)

I missed you so much. please tell us next time you go on a break like that.

when are you going to Pakistan? please stay in touch.

Ahh I missed you guys too man! But it had to be done kana otherwise I would have had a thumping headache on the way to Pakistan lol..

I'm leaving tomorrow insha allah and won't have any internet over there like Laila jan. So i'll see you guys when I come back insha allah:).

Very, very sorry to hear about your head injury, wrora! Taking time off the computer was certainly a great idea, since your eyes and mind would be much more relaxed now. Sleeping and waking up on time as well.

ALL head injuries are serious and should be taken seriously. But I guess, yeah, doctors would know better, so if they said it's not that bad, then maybe it's not.

But if you don't mind, can you tell us exactly how you received the injury?

Yeah the break was really good, being on the computer naturally leads to the body being in tension having to type instantly and to stare at the screen..I'm just kicking myself as to why I didn't think of this before! Maybe because I'm too addicted! haha.

Sure..Yeah basically I was playing football with some guys and I ran for the ball where another guy was too and we were running from opposite directions. Then we had a full power collision where my head went straight into his shoulder/elbow not sure which one it was. So I got the worst of it. Then I was knocked out cold for a few minutes. I ended up with a massive black eye and was concussed quite badly for a couple of days.

Dreamer
07-10-2010, 05:10 AM
I would have requested a CT scan.... strong indications for a scan would be: vomiting
passing out, unresolving headache, being on warfarin and having a bump 2 the head, blurred vision etc... I guess they didnt think your injury was severe to warrant a scan... CT scan would exclude things like subdural heamatoma etc