View Full Version : AFG/Pak

AnGaaR
07-07-2010, 07:28 PM
Salamoona guyz and gurlz

we have alot of members from both sides of durand line..
lets see or guess who loves which country ..

i will add only 3 poll options and be honest

oh and do tell us why u chose AFG or Pak or both of them.
No fight nor racism.. its just a normal survey:fighting:

I voted for afghanistan because iam from afghanistan and i love my country which makes me call myself son of abdali or a native pashtoon

amna.
07-07-2010, 07:44 PM
I chose Afghanistan because it's my motherland.

I don't think many people will actually say what they chose.

Feroza_Banu
07-07-2010, 07:47 PM
afghan -afghanistan.

Khushal Khan Khattak
07-07-2010, 07:49 PM
I didnt vote, because I think this is an unfair question to us Afghans in Pakistan. I cant vote for Pakistan and leave Afghanistan out, and I also cannot just say Afghanistan and forget Pakistan completely.

Please put an option of "Both Afghanistan and Pakistan", then I will vote.

I chose Afghanistan because it's my motherland.

I don't think many people will actually say what they chose.

For Afghans (Pushtuns), Afghanistan is not a motherland, it is our fatherland.

In our literature this has been said many times, dont you remember the common usage in Pukhto, "Da plaar neeka watan".

Afghans and Germans are the only nations who call their homeland, THE FATHERLAND. It is a sense of our pride, so please please, always use it.

:hairy:

Feroza_Banu
07-07-2010, 07:55 PM
land is referred to as mother because in pashto and many other languages land word has a feminine form... zmaka, mzaka, has a feminine form of grammer... u can't call land ur father.

BLS_1919v2.0
07-07-2010, 07:55 PM
Angaar obv I will be voting for my graan watan Afghanistan. Inshallah to be Loy Afghanistan.

Feroza_Banu
07-07-2010, 07:56 PM
and when someone says motherland it doesn't mean mother's land... it just means calling ur land ur mother... don't confuse both of them please.

Roshina
07-07-2010, 07:58 PM

In our literature this has been said many times, dont you remember the common usage in Pukhto, "Da plaar neeka watan".

Afghans and Germans are the only nations who call their homeland, THE FATHERLAND. It is a sense of our pride, so please please, always use it.

Why? What's wrong with "motherland"? And what's the difference between "motherland" and "fatherland"?

Feroza_Banu
07-07-2010, 08:00 PM
^he is confusing the world 'motherland' with 'mother's land'

AnGaaR
07-07-2010, 08:02 PM

there iz option of non of them which also means both.. u can vote there :)

Khushal Khan Khattak
07-07-2010, 08:22 PM
Why? What's wrong with "motherland"? And what's the difference between "motherland" and "fatherland"?

Obviously, we could go into a literary debate about the usage of this word throughout the years in many works and its common taken for granted place from where I come from.

However, in a lightly masked humorous way, I'd say, Q, that it is the same as the difference between calling someone a Kaka, or calling him a mama? :tongue:

:blushes:

Khushal Khan Khattak
07-07-2010, 08:53 PM
I wanted to vote for both.

Thanx, that is a really nice gesture and I really appreciate it Shlom! :)

and you would be correct in saying that because of this:

http://afghanland.com/history/map1772.jpg

All of these were and are our lands. :)

Pakhtunzai
07-07-2010, 08:55 PM
Honestly don't know what to say, Ancestral homeland and current homeland...Love both the same...

Yousafzai Pakhtun
07-08-2010, 02:37 AM
and you would be correct in saying that because of this:

http://afghanland.com/history/map1772.jpg

All of these were and are our lands. :)

Well Ahmad Shah Baba ruled both Pakistan and Afghanistan....but we want Loy Afghanistan...consisting of afghanistan and the pakhtun dominated areas of Pakistan only....
My vote goes for Loy Afghanistan....

Son of Mountains
07-08-2010, 03:00 AM
Although i m 5th generation Afghan, but my present country is Paksitan.....I love it 1st.

Toramana
07-08-2010, 04:14 AM
I didnt vote, because I think this is an unfair question to us Afghans in Pakistan. I cant vote for Pakistan and leave Afghanistan out, and I also cannot just say Afghanistan and forget Pakistan completely.

You cannot associate with any one identity. That is a sign of transitional identity, a condition when one is on the verge of losing one's own identity and adopting a foreign one.

Nokia_Apridy
07-08-2010, 04:19 AM
wrar ma da topic bya start ka ao PUKHTUNISTAN pkay add ka bya gora

erlangner
07-08-2010, 04:23 AM
the survey options are too less, and some other options must be there. See I consider Pakistan my country so the love goes to pakistan automatically. Although many differences and problems there. But afghanistan as my mother land and land of my origin, and i canot ignore Afghanistan as well. I love afghanistan for my past and future and Pakistan for my present.It deos not mean that i hate afghanistan now, or i have no love for it. I consider problems of Afghanistan as my own problems. But I am living in pakistan and my all day to day problems are attached to pakistan, therefore cannot ignore situation in pakistan as well.
Therefore the options are difficult to be answered and it needs a context for the selction and priority.

Roshina
07-08-2010, 04:33 AM
Although I'm definitely for Afghanistan, I think that to be fair to everyone here, including those Pukhtuns who love both Pakistan and Afghanistan equally (and that IS possible for some, as we've seen all throughout PF), we should have the option "both." "None of them" or "neither" is not the same as "both." I mean, why would anyone say, "None"? And why SHOULD they have to say "none" / "neither" when they know very well that they love both and wish well for both countries? Our experiences and observations shape our decisions, so if someone has had a better experience, a better life in Pakistan than in Afghanistan, or if someone has been bred and educated in Pakistan all her/his life and never seen Afghanistan but she/he loves Afghanistan because it's the motherland of all Pukhtuns, why should they not have the option to choose "both"?

I also think that we're discouraging those who love both countries when we mock them, hate them, or deny them an equal voice and say in representation.

Toramana
07-08-2010, 04:37 AM
The option for Pashtunistan should also be included although no such entity exists at present.

Roshina
07-08-2010, 04:43 AM
^ Agreed.

erlangner
07-08-2010, 05:17 AM
ya Qrattugai, i am with you in the above discussion. As nokia wrote,
Kabul ta jaram, pekhawar ta jaram,
pakhtuna sta har yao parhar ta jaram.

It makes us love both, Kabul in afghanistan, and pekhawar in pakistan.
Ya if there will be a Pashtunistan option, then both are included in same, then love will go towards pashunistan for sure.
Thanks Qrattugai. but you should sleep, it is more thna midnight.

Roshina
07-08-2010, 05:33 AM
Thanks Qrattugai. but you should sleep, it is more thna midnight.

Manana, kho za wakhti uda shawee wum jo wass khob na raazi. :cryy:

Yousafzai Pakhtun
07-08-2010, 05:50 AM
Manana, kho za wakhti uda shawee wum jo wass khob na raazi. :cryy:

اللهو للے للو

خوب دې راشه په لېمو
اوس تۀ کورې شه توتو
دلته مۀ رادرومئ غلو
کړتوګۍ داسې وده ده
لکه پنډ د پتاسو
په کوزه چنه مۀ راځئ
په بره چنه ورو
هلته يو د بلے دے
هغه ډک د اشرفو
اللهو للے للو
خوب دې راشه په لېمو

:lal10:

AnGaaR
07-08-2010, 06:43 AM
Honestly don't know what to say, Ancestral homeland and current homeland...Love both the same...

I know and i would love both homelands too if i was allowded to.. They are using me on both sides of border.. kill me as infidal in Pakistan and as Talibjan in Afghanistan.. where should i go? yet i am another pashton who wil be beheaded by the hands of ISI..

If i would add the option pashtunistan so most of the members would click on that and no one would debate.. Lets debate and face the reality.. lets think what has Afg/pak given to us.. why are we loving it?

Saeed Khan
07-08-2010, 07:54 AM
Well, I will definitely opt for Pakistan. This is my country and have given me an oppertunity to live with stride, hence have grown materially, emotionally,mentally and spiritually according to my own capacity. Afghanistan is our brotherly country and i am the sincere well wisher of her prosperity, in regard of its peacefull multi ethnic and dynamic society where every individual going to have maximum worthiness and render maximum contribution.

Regards

Nokia_Apridy
07-08-2010, 10:29 AM
Angar wrar da Khu da Sheen Asman pa shantay Khbra da chay

Dwaro za da Zwalanu jwand ta Guzrwalay yam...

Ma na da yu hem da MEENA tama ma larey.....

Ao Pukhtun hala na marey chay Badal ya nawey Agestlay

ZKA MUNG TA LOY PUKHTUNISTAN pukar da....

Ao ka Punjabay ya Farsiwan Zma sra pa Nanawatay Wakht tara wi

hem zma amal SAHABU sra pa TALA ka shmair da

da INSAF pa tala za hem Pohgam.........

Nadir Shah
07-08-2010, 11:20 AM
I would like to request the Admin and the Moderators of the forum not use the term 'Pakistan' for the Pashtun Watan situated to the east of the Durand Line. We call it Lar Watan or simply 'Pashtunkhwa'. If you want to refer to the administrative units, you should use 'Khyber Pakhtunkhwa', 'Sheli or Southern Pashtunkhwa', 'Central or Miyanzanai Pakhtunkhwa', Mianwali and Attock. For the whole Watan, from Amu to Abaseen, you should use 'Loy Afghanistan.' Pashtunkhwa, from Chitral to Bolan, has never been a part of Pakistan. I request that the matter should be looked into.

Nadir Shah
07-08-2010, 12:30 PM
what does this thread have to do with admins and mods?

they did not start the thread ashnaya.

Malgariya, apologies. I though Angaar was a moderator. Regardless, I think no polls should be made which assume that Pakhtunkhwa is a part of Pakistan. Members can speak out their thoughts If they are satisfied with their slavery of Pakistan, but, when you see it in a poll, it sort of seems 'official'.

Nadir Shah
07-08-2010, 12:33 PM
Well, I will definitely opt for Pakistan. This is my country and have given me an oppertunity to live with stride, hence have grown materially, emotionally,mentally and spiritually according to my own capacity. Afghanistan is our brotherly country and i am the sincere well wisher of her prosperity, in regard of its peacefull multi ethnic and dynamic society where every individual going to have maximum worthiness and render maximum contribution.

Regards

How do you owe your material, emotional, mental (If you say so) and spiritual development to Pakistan?

Levanaye Zalmaye
07-08-2010, 02:57 PM
It's a great shame to see that 23 people have voted for Pakistan. How can you call it "occupied Pashtunkhwa" when a good number of inhabitants there have fallen victim to the Stockholm syndrome and fallen in love with their captors?

erlangner
07-08-2010, 03:03 PM
ya such people not only in love with Pakistan, but such peple caused more destruction of afghanistan being in ISI and other secret agencies and being easily camoufladged in Pashtun society. One person from my village is serving in Kabul from last 20 years. He is grade 19 officer in ISI. so it is difficult to say, what to say?

Levanaye Zalmaye
07-08-2010, 03:07 PM
ya such people not only in love with Pakistan, but such peple caused more destruction of afghanistan being in ISI and other secret agencies and being easily camoufladged in Pashtun society. One person from my village is serving in Kabul from last 20 years. He is grade 19 officer in ISI. so it is difficult to say, what to say?

Reeducation along the lines of the glorious Pol Pot?

Master Khan
07-08-2010, 03:23 PM
well my ancestors were from afghanistan and plus we are Pashtuns(Afghan) so I will vote for Afghanistan :)...plus I love Afganistan history.
I don't hate Pakistan but My family and ancestors were from Afghanistan.

Levanaye Zalmaye
07-08-2010, 03:27 PM
well my ancestors were from afghanistan and plus we are Pashtuns(Afghan) so I will vote for Afghanistan :)...plus I love Afganistan history.

Pakistan Studies also loves Afghan (Pashtun) history up to the point where Babur entered the scene in 1526 I believe. Then Pashtuns became the bad guys. The good old Delhi Sultan Mr. Lodhi,who was up till now our guy, became an outsider who was rightfully removed by Babur, the Jalaaluddin. I've a copy of Baburnama. He killed Pashtuns and made towers with their skulls. And he wrote about it in his book. Then he took a break for Asr prayers.

Saeed Khan
07-08-2010, 03:41 PM
Ya but you have been a Pakistan for 60 years and an Afghan for over several thousands years.

Yeah, but is it an earth shaking fact? That was Khuraasan which include modern time Iran and CAR's also. Has someone claim Iranian part? We have affiliated willingly with Pakistan, so fought its war with zeal and zest.

Btw, I am still well wisher of my brothers.:)

Saeed Khan
07-08-2010, 03:45 PM
How do you owe your material, emotional, mental (If you say so) and spiritual development to Pakistan?

When you are a patriotic and not a traitor, then you owe everything to your beloved country.

And you are not a pilot of my ship till now..

Saeed Khan
07-08-2010, 03:49 PM
It's a great shame to see that 23 people have voted for Pakistan. How can you call it "occupied Pashtunkhwa" when a good number of inhabitants there have fallen victim to the Stockholm syndrome and fallen in love with their captors?

Whom do you consider captors...?

I know your reply will be 'Punjabi...'

Levanaye Zalmaye
07-08-2010, 03:56 PM
Whom do you consider captors...?

I know your reply will be 'Punjabi...'

Hold on a second! You're a mind-reader, right? Like Chris Angel? That's not fair, you know.... cuz most of us can't read minds....

The captors are those who are the biggest beneficiaries of the Pakistani state, whoever they may be.

Saeed Khan
07-08-2010, 04:02 PM
hahahh saam lewanay swaal de wachawalo ......

This question has a universal application... you can put to any citizen of a third world country...

Well again appreciate your question.....

If i answer this question, then i would say Tribal....

Till now they are in Tax free zone and dont pay utility bills

Kani Nokie na tapos oka...:)

Levanaye Zalmaye
07-08-2010, 04:10 PM
Having your homes bombed is heavier than any form of taxation I know of.

Maseed na tapoos uka.

erlangner
07-08-2010, 04:21 PM
ya worse type of slavery is where slave consider himself free, Goethe.

Saeed Khan
07-08-2010, 04:25 PM
Having your homes bombed is heavier than any form of taxation I know of.

Maseed na tapoos uka.

Have you been to Tribal area....or do u have family there...

Then dont spread those things which are not existing on that scale....or

generalize in current scenario.

And those bombings are unfortunately more frequent in rest of Pakistan and Afghanistan.

Kani har cha na tapos oka :cryy:

Saeed Khan
07-08-2010, 04:29 PM
ya worse type of slavery is where slave consider himself free, Goethe.

hahhah 100 % agree.... and unfortunately whoever trying to liberate you, also get your appreciation...

BLS_1919v2.0
07-08-2010, 04:30 PM
Have you been to Tribal area....or do u have family there...

Then dont spread those things which are not existing on that scale....or

generalize in current scenario.

And those bombings are unfortunately more frequent in rest of Pakistan and Afghanistan.

Kani har cha na tapos oka :cryy:
He means f-16 jets and gunship helicopters. Those were only used in Fata, baloch areas and PATA. I am surprised you don't know about this. The military scale of attack Pak army used was far more dangerous than what India used when it attacked the "jugular vein" --> Kashmir.

Saeed Khan
07-08-2010, 04:38 PM
He means f-16 jets and gunship helicopters. Those were only used in Fata, baloch areas and PATA. I am surprised you don't know about this. The military scale of attack Pak army used was far more dangerous than what India used when it attacked the "jugular vein" --> Kashmir.

Zama khwazghokia wrora that already i have explained it to you and its very irrelevent and related to current scenario....

Btw i dont want to hurt anyone and agree whatever you want .....

But the FATA wilayat governor ba za wama.... hahhahah

Then see the big leap of Maseed :woot:

BLS_1919v2.0
07-08-2010, 04:44 PM
Zama khwazghokia wrora that already i have explained it to you and its very irrelevent and related to current scenario....

Btw i dont want to hurt anyone and agree whatever you want .....

But the FATA wilayat governor ba za wama.... hahhahah

Then see the big leap of Maseed :woot:

thaso da kam zae na yae?

Saeed Khan
07-08-2010, 04:53 PM
thaso da kam zae na yae?

Za de FATA na yam..... De nokie tropar yam :woot: ..... kho nokia aka( Sanjay dat) ghusa nashii :cursing:

BLS_1919v2.0
07-08-2010, 04:56 PM
Za de FATA na yam..... De nokie tropar yam :woot: ..... kho nokia aka( Sanjay dat) ghusa nashii :cursing:

Khyber agency na?

Saeed Khan
07-08-2010, 05:02 PM
Khyber agency na?

De ISI or CIA or RAAM or RAW agent kho ba na we..... ? :hmm:

BLS_1919v2.0
07-08-2010, 05:08 PM
De ISI or CIA or RAAM or RAW agent kho ba na we..... ? :hmm:

lollzz na asae thaposs kaoma

Saeed Khan
07-08-2010, 05:26 PM
lollzz na asae thaposs kaoma

Pira its better to remain anonymous..... halaat der kharab deeeee

Ka Pakistan ke ye no har waqt aowdas ke garza ....

ISI and other (Bio take Companies) watching..... once smell a target... then chased...., target found....., target locked..., then fate ( missing person, unknown gunmen shot dead to.... face act of treason)...:hairy:

Just joking bro, enjoy freedom of speech .....

erlangner
07-08-2010, 05:39 PM

Ka Pakistan ke ye no har waqt aowdas ke garza ....

ISI and other (Bio take Companies) watching..... once smell a target... then chased...., target found....., target locked..., then fate ( missing person, unknown gunmen shot dead to.... face act of treason)...:hairy:

Just joking bro, enjoy freedom of speech .....

You wrote the right things, and perhpas due to this you are so much afraid and patriot.
But listen to me my brother, if you accept and respect and love pakistan from your heart, it is your right to decide and we should respect your decision and if you are patriot due to such things, then I can just say sorry for you.
At least we should have the courage to speak, as we wish.
However, FATA governor, or somehting cannt chnage the situiation, only giving due rights otherwise then ready for disintegration.

Saeed Khan
07-08-2010, 06:45 PM
Ya but you have been a Pakistan for 60 years and an Afghan for over several thousands years.

Sorry Jasmin, my earlier reply was a little out of context. Yea, the poll is actually about love to countries which i think in a way very tricky one and compel one to decide a single country. So naturally as i have stated, being an honest, i will chose my own country from where i am originating currently. But infact i love equally Afghanistan where my history lies and give me proudy feeling. But when i think in broader sense, i found myself a narrow minded when i confine myself to my ethnicity and cut off the humanity in pieces. The question arise in my mind that why we have become slaves of our emotions. Why not love humanity and abandon all those thinking which are bent on drawing lines of confinement and self imprisonment. Why always punjabi thing. Why always Tajik and Hazara thing. Why not find ways of reconciliations with other ethnicities rather than spewing hatred. Will we get positive response having such attitude? We the pukhtoon having businesses from karachi to Lahore, never seen bullied but infact i have found them more aggressive in their attitude.
One thing which i would like to mention, Pakhtoons are still documented as Afghan in the official records of Pakistan,like property and judiciary.

If there is any poll or survey held for the borderless world then i would be the first to opt in its favor, providing it bring betterment to humanity.

If we start it from unification of Pakistan and Afghanistan, then what outcome should i expect? I think it got a little lengthy ..

Best wishes to my Afghan brothers.:smile1:

Saeed Khan
07-08-2010, 07:08 PM
You wrote the right things, and perhpas due to this you are so much afraid and patriot.
But listen to me my brother, if you accept and respect and love pakistan from your heart, it is your right to decide and we should respect your decision and if you are patriot due to such things, then I can just say sorry for you.
At least we should have the courage to speak, as we wish.
However, FATA governor, or somehting cannt chnage the situiation, only giving due rights otherwise then ready for disintegration.

Just humor intended, and how you felt about my fear when i have given the maximum information about myself in my intro than the maximum members. Have you gotten a habit of too much negative thinking my dear wror. Regarding your warning or worry about my fake or true patriotism, i want to clear it to you my brother that its my personal feelings and dont even slightly bother if some respect it or not.

I appreciate your courage that you speak whatever you like while bumping keyboard. Go ahead for disintegration and i wish you lead people practically rather than threatning on internet.... :)

AnGaaR
07-08-2010, 08:05 PM

Ka Pakistan ke ye no har waqt aowdas ke garza ....:loveit:

os dai da talibjan zor woleido sa bala?

Saeed Khan
07-08-2010, 08:46 PM
os dai da talibjan zor woleido sa bala?

Wayee che ghal na we no da badshah ao da talib na ma yarega

Kho aos khabara badala shwa .. Aos waye che

Gharib wai no da talib na ma yarega ....

Che pohe shee che da planke ghwad de no notice ye orligale wee, 2 ao ya 3 million kaldaro :cryy:

Son of Mountains
07-09-2010, 04:01 AM
I am happy to see 24 votes for Pakistan. I thought the figure would not be more than 10.
Thank you guys

erlangner
07-09-2010, 04:32 AM
Just humor intended, and how you felt about my fear when i have given the maximum information about myself in my intro than the maximum members. Have you gotten a habit of too much negative thinking my dear wror. Regarding your warning or worry about my fake or true patriotism, i want to clear it to you my brother that its my personal feelings and dont even slightly bother if some respect it or not.

I appreciate your courage that you speak whatever you like while bumping keyboard. Go ahead for disintegration and i wish you lead people practically rather than threatning on internet.... :)

See Saeed Khan, I think I am unable and I dont have the talent to lead people, however, what I see, and what I feel, I will write it irrespective of its consequences.
Ya, I did not warn you, but you were threatening someone to be afraid of ISI or something so. I said, one should not be silent because of any threat, but ya if he feels true for something, then it is alright.
There will be many things, true for me, and will be wrong for you and vice versa. So we should respect each other point of view. This brings harmony to respect each other. You dont care if someone respect you or not, but other people do care for it.
I am writting everywhere, in newspapers, in magazines, and here in this forum as well. I can write, and I am doing this. If I could lead the nation, alas practically, then it will have been nice. But ya some people are to give ideas, and others are there to implement.

Saeed Khan
07-09-2010, 07:16 AM
See Saeed Khan, I think I am unable and I dont have the talent to lead people, however, what I see, and what I feel, I will write it irrespective of its consequences.
Ya, I did not warn you, but you were threatening someone to be afraid of ISI or something so. I said, one should not be silent because of any threat, but ya if he feels true for something, then it is alright.
There will be many things, true for me, and will be wrong for you and vice versa. So we should respect each other point of view. This brings harmony to respect each other. You dont care if someone respect you or not, but other people do care for it.
I am writting everywhere, in newspapers, in magazines, and here in this forum as well. I can write, and I am doing this. If I could lead the nation, alas practically, then it will have been nice. But ya some people are to give ideas, and others are there to implement.

You have distorted too much. You have utterly deviated your para for the sake of reply. First of all i did'nt threatened anyone of ISI or something but to contrary, you diverted that intended humor as my fear and raised an uncalled question(attached with respect and disrespect) to my patrotism. I replied that if you have sensed my POV's lack in potential to please you, and induce you to disrespect it, then it will not bother me. After all its human nature that dont go parallel in judgement all the time.
Regarding my care to selfrespect, i assure you that its very high and hence do compel me to respect others, even in some bad situations.

Regarding your writings in Magzines and Newspapers, i tell you henestly that its a great source of my hapiness to know, that you are a free soul and enjoy freedom of speech.

Enjoy the freedom :smile1:

erlangner
07-09-2010, 07:23 AM
You have distorted too much. You have utterly deviated your para for the sake of reply. First of all i did'nt threatened anyone of ISI or something but to contrary, you diverted that intended humor as my fear and raised an un call question(attached with respect and disrespect) to my patrotism. I replied that if you have sensed my POV's lack in potential to please you, and induce you to disrespect it, then it will not bother me. After all its human nature that dont go parallel in judgement all the time.
Regarding my care to selfrespect, i assure you that its very high and hence do compel me to respect others, even in some bad situations.

Regarding your writings in Magzines and Newspapers, i tell you henestly that its a great source of my hapiness to know, that you are a free soul and enjoy freedom of speech.

Enjoy the freedom :smile1:

Manra ye saeed khana, lanja tre ma jorawa.
Kawoo ba khpalla khwakha, auroo ba da tolo.