View Full Version : Advice Column

LifexMoments
07-06-2010, 03:43 PM
This is a 'Advice Column'. If you have any problems or anything you feel you need some advice, well this is the place for you (: so ask away, and a kind PF member will give you their advice.

Levanaye Zalmaye
07-06-2010, 03:49 PM
Yes. I'll start the thread for you.

I have the concentration span of an excitable animal - a dog, let's say. I can't stick to one thing for more than 15 minutes. That means I can't study. My mind wanders. I get distracted by the smallest things. How can I make myself study for an hour at a stretch or two maybe? The only times I can actually manage to do that is when I have an exam in the same afternoon. How can I learn to do that under normal circumstances?

Unkind disregards.

tor_khan
07-06-2010, 03:58 PM
^ The solution to your problems lie in your lack of focus on issues that matter. I suggest you seriously consider taking up butterfly collection.

Levanaye Zalmaye
07-06-2010, 04:08 PM
By learning to focus and knowing your priorities.

How does one learn to focus? And I know my priorities but only the stick seems to motivate me, not the carrot.

^ The solution to your problems lie in your lack of focus on issues that matter. I suggest you seriously consider taking up butterfly collection.

lol you catch, I collect. You will get bragging rights and permission to post the collection on Facebook. I will run the Youtube channel. :hairy:

Levanaye Zalmaye
07-06-2010, 04:38 PM
By knowing the consequences of NOT focusing.

Does she fall under the category of "consequences"?

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/57436280.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=B307DFB77229C3CAB2095398E98A20D466EA4AA166099C5C

Levanaye Zalmaye
07-06-2010, 04:57 PM
You don't see the picture? Click here. (http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/57436280.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=B307DFB77229C3CAB2095398E98A20D466EA4AA166099C5C )

Feroza_Banu
07-06-2010, 05:41 PM
here is one thing you can do...

solution 1: time yourself to find out out long you can focus on studying. once u know ur limit you should just quit studying after every "few minutes" right before you loose your concentration. you should spend a few minutes doing whatever you like and try to start again.

solution 2: limit the time u wander around... don't let yourself think about other things for more than 2 to 3 minutes every 15 minutes. meaning concentrate on studies for 15 minutes and then time urself not to exceed thinking about other things for more than two or three minutes

meh... i don't know what i am talking about. lol

IamDZJ
07-08-2010, 01:00 AM
for the last three years of my life i keep finding myself reaching work one and a half hour later than i am supposed to. my boss being the wonderful gentleman that he is, has never uttered a word to me about it. sometimes for the sake of things i put in an extra hour here and there but i don't kid myself. i have tried everything in the name of God and yet i have failed to reach a solution to my problem. had it only been my work i would say i don't like my job...but that's not the case....
if i tell some one i m meeting them at 2:30, i leave the house at 2:30 if not 3:00. it's not that i have anything important to do at home. i lurk around till the last freaking minute! i have tried giving myself twice the amount to lurk around but nothing ever changed. if some one threatens to show up late on me to teach me a lesson, i end up showing even later...
i used to have better time management skills. i don't know what's wrong with me. although people have learned to accept my problem, i can't help but feel guilty. sometimes i wake up at 5 in the morning when i have an appointment at 9 and i still end up being there at 9:30...:banghead:

IamDZJ
07-08-2010, 01:07 AM
last month or so has been around 2:30 pmish..but that can't be the problem. i m wide awake while i m walking around the house just fooling around doing nothing.

Baidariwal
07-08-2010, 01:09 AM
Yes. I'll start the thread for you.

I have the concentration span of an excitable animal - a dog, let's say. I can't stick to one thing for more than 15 minutes. That means I can't study. My mind wanders. I get distracted by the smallest things. How can I make myself study for an hour at a stretch or two maybe? The only times I can actually manage to do that is when I have an exam in the same afternoon. How can I learn to do that under normal circumstances?

Unkind disregards.

hahahahahaha yaara kho no, sam such laiwanai yai halaka :laugh1:

IamDZJ
07-08-2010, 01:19 AM
it's almost as if i am really really bored.

IamDZJ
07-08-2010, 01:27 AM
neither..i like my job and sometimes it's not my job, it would be meeting friends at some location or something..

Feroza_Banu
07-08-2010, 05:07 AM
u know what ur problem is... remember how u were complaining of not sleeping on time or waking up in the middle of the night or sleeping till late... all that does is makes u lazy and kills ur motivation to get on time to do something... ur brain is tired, makes ur body tired and in turn u lag in performing ur tasks on time...

once u stop on ur redbull energy drinks and sleep on time and wake up after 8 hours, u will be fine... inshallah

AnGaaR
07-08-2010, 06:52 AM
I have a bad habit.. i want to get rid of it, i did try many times but wont go away

suppose i go out and see a stop sign ( STOP).. i am like S1 T2 O3 P4.. it has 4 alphabets.. now watever i read i count the alphabets.. if someone is driving and i see something written on buses,taxis or anywhere..i have to read it and count it alphabets.. if i dont i feel very bad and think that something bad will happen now.
If i see arabic,pashto text.. i count its dotes.. i dono wat da hell is wrong with me
Lets say that i read every number plate of the cars moving or parked everywhere lol

Levanaye Zalmaye
07-08-2010, 07:07 AM
I have a bad habit.. i want to get rid of it, i did try many times but wont go away

suppose i go out and see a stop sign ( STOP).. i am like S1 T2 O3 P4.. it has 4 alphabets.. now watever i read i count the alphabets.. if someone is driving and i see something written on buses,taxis or anywhere..i have to read it and count it alphabets.. if i dont i feel very bad and think that something bad will happen now.
If i see arabic,pashto text.. i count its dotes.. i dono wat da hell is wrong with me
Lets say that i read every number plate of the cars moving or parked everywhere lol

Wow, I thought only I had these 'retarded' habits.

When I see numbers or words, I divide them in such a way that there are two equal values at the corners and the remainder in the middle.

Like "Highway" would be 3-1-3 or 2-3-2. When I see shapes on buildings or any other structure, I count all the straight lines and then I set their values accordingly with the equal values in the corners and the remainder in the middle.

We're both mad, Angaar. Perhaps it was something traumatic during our childhoods.

Oh and "Stop" would be 1-2-1 with no other possibilities.

єѕαρχαι
07-08-2010, 07:21 AM
tasu tol lewani ye

*Mahzala*
07-08-2010, 08:18 AM
tasu tol lewani ye

De Lewani Column sahi raazi kana? :trytofly:

Angaar, you made me laugh so hard!

I have some weird OCD moments too ...

... have you figured what we have in common? :hmm:

LifexMoments
07-09-2010, 05:49 PM