View Full Version : Israel gets ready to strike at Iran's nuclear sites

Talal
04-03-2010, 12:36 AM
Israel gets ready to strike at Iran's nuclear sites - media

http://www.defensetech.org/images/israelif16-thumb.jpg

Israeli air force have practiced simulated strikes at Iran's nuclear facilities using airspace of at least two unidentified Arab countries, a newspaper published in east Jerusalem reported.

According to Al Manar paper, several Israeli combat jets carried out in late February bombing drills "targeting" known Iranian nuclear sites "in two Arab countries in the Persian Gulf, which are close territorially with the Islamic republic and cooperate with Israel on this issue."

Al Manar said Israel had received the permission to use the airspace from the top leadership of these countries and Washington "gave a blessing" to Tel Aviv to conduct these exercises.

Despite broad international efforts to persuade Tehran to halt its uranium enrichment, both the United States and Israel have not ruled out military action if diplomacy fails to resolve the dispute over Iran's nuclear program.

Iran, which is currently under three sets of UN sanctions for refusing to halt uranium enrichment, insists it needs nuclear technology to generate electricity, while Western powers suspect it of pursuing an atomic weapons program.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has recently called for the international community to impose a new set of 'crippling' sanctions on Iran to make the Islamic republic scrap its controversial nuclear program.

MOSCOW, March 29 (RIA Novosti)

Master Khan
04-03-2010, 12:28 PM
Israel are nothing without the US.
Iran will beat them if US wasn't kissing Israel's backside.

Son of Mountains
04-03-2010, 01:22 PM
Oh no, not an easy job... Iran is a living nation, they will beat amreeka...!
America and Israel are barking dogs

Master Khan
04-03-2010, 04:09 PM
if all the muslim contries stick together then no one can beat us...but even some some muslim countries e.g. Saudi, Turkey etc support israel.

Palwasha
04-03-2010, 05:19 PM
...but even some some muslim countries e.g. Saudi, Turkey etc support israel.

I wouldn't say Turkey necessarily supports Israel, I remember last year when its Prime Minister walked off the stage in protest, at some World Economic conference type thing. Apart from Ahmadinejad, and the Venezuelan PM, this is more than any other politician from another country has done against Israel (that I can think of atm..).

The people of Turkey are very much with the Palestinians as well, they had the largest protests against Israel, from the whole World.

I also remember this on the news:

sUGYDBIceYY

And this was just a minor event..

Talal
04-03-2010, 06:17 PM
I dont think you guys understand the ground realities here, there is not ONE country right now that will come to Iran's aid arab/non-arab alike. Saudis are willing to let Israel use there airspace if need be. I think most of the people here think that its going to be a war-like scenario, on the contrary Israel along with other allied forces will carry out surgical strikes on the designated sites. Iran has no AWACs and has absolutely no early-warning systems in place. Its air inventory is fifty years old, by that i mean the best fighter they have is the one that airforces around the globe stopped using 50 years ago and even those haven't had any upgrades, compare that to the Israels inventory its gonna be hell of a mission to even send a fighter against those beasts.

The only trump card Iran has right now is a retaliation in terms of strikes on the US forces in Afghanistan, that is the reason why US is holding back right now because if Iran was to join taliban that would start a whole new guerilla war, but Iran is running out of those options. The russians and the chineese refused to sell them they're aircrafts and even the decade old s-300 is still in the pipeline. Also Turkey will not support Iran in any case, because

A) Its a NATO member, with Greece breathing down its neck it needs the NATO umbrella

B) EU member, its economy will go down the drain if it supported Iran

C) Defence contract, Turkey is set to modernise its fleet by induction of the F-35 project, it will loose out on that if it favored Iran

D) There isn't enough support among the turks for this

Talal
04-03-2010, 06:42 PM
I disagree Credere,
Iran is very powerful.

you have to bring something to the table to disagree, unless its your personal opinion

Talal
04-03-2010, 06:57 PM
It would be nearly impossible for Israel to invade Iran considering the massive size. If Israel attacks Iran, Israel would really get wiped off.

er.... again anything to back that up ? Size is irrelevant considering they can easily take care of any air resistane, they're objective wont be to invade iran rather take out the nuke sites. And Israel wont be going in there alone, uncle sam will be on its tail providing cover..not to mention if the saudis and UAE decide to throw down too..How would Israel get wiped off ? and before you answer look up " Arrow "

Master Khan
04-03-2010, 07:10 PM
Can't believe saudis supports these terrorist.

Talal
04-03-2010, 07:11 PM
You have some reading to do,
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1138680.html
http://www.countercurrents.org/efrat210708.htm

Ive read them both already and bro if your gonna google, check the date the article is written on first k ?

Anyways the points raised by the second article aren't even worth debating, since now the scenario speaks for itself..that article was written in 2008, read the article which im sure you haven't and then look at all the points he raised..its 2010

for the first article again had you read it you would realise what it talked about

" The air force is capable of delivering a certain amount of explosives to a given target and bringing most of its aircraft back home intact. But it is doubtful whether Israel can allow itself to act against the wishes of the United States "

And where does the US stand today ?

http://america-hijacked.com/2010/03/16/us-shipping-powerful-bunker-buster-bombs-to-diego-garcia-for-coming-attack-on-iran/

Also a point worth noting that this article was published by an Israeli source, they need articles like this to get the Israelis riled up and to portray the so-called "responsible" image of Israel to the world. Basic propaganda

Talal
04-03-2010, 07:12 PM
Can't believe saudis supports these terrorist.

Irans fault they threatened saudis

SwatiTheBrave1
04-03-2010, 07:58 PM
Iran has a really big Army, and probably can reach one of the top 10 strongest Military. They are also Religious Fanatics, in a good way. IF War starts, I'm thinking that Israel will end up going through a war mess like the U.S is going through in Afghanistan.

SwatiTheBrave1
04-03-2010, 07:59 PM
Credere,
Do you honestly think the US and Israel can afford to mess with Israel?

*Iran

Talal
04-03-2010, 07:59 PM
Credere,
Do you honestly think the US and Israel can afford to mess with Israel?

Thats the thing it wont just be US and Israel, if you look at all the previous conflicts within the region all arab nations were opposed to them. However, in this particular case the issue of Iran acquiring a nuclear bomb or having a mature enough program is percieved as a vital threat by the arabs. Saudis are willing to let Israel use their airspace, so is UAE.

Also Iran's government couldnt have managed this whole thing more horribly, two of the countries that had Iran's back till now were Russia and China but Irans failed diplomacy has resulted in Iran loosing favor with both of them. As i meantioned befored, this wont be a full-scale attack but mere surgical strikes aimed at destroying the nuclear sites within Iran.

That being said, Iran still has one trump card. US is tied down fighting insurgencies in Iraq and Afghanistan, The ongoing ops in Afghanistan will deem success or failure of US in Afghanistan, if these strikes are carried out against Iran, it will surely start a guerilla war alongside the taliban.

Why do you think there is a sense of urgency in "reconciliating" with the taliban, this is the reason for that. If the US is able to reconcile with the talibs, Iran will have no leverage left. So basically right now all the efforts to reconciliate with the taliban are deemed at minimizing Iran's influence or any future eventualities. Also Iran's nuclear program hasn't matured enough yet, it will have to cross a certain threshold to deem it strike worthy

Iran has a really big Army, and probably can reach one of the top 10 strongest Military. They are also Religious Fanatics, in a good way. IF War starts, I'm thinking that Israel will end up going through a war mess like the U.S is going through in Afghanistan.

Look guys this isn't gonna be a war. These will just be surgical strikes, Iran's army is useless in preventing airstrikes from Israel, the only trump card they have is of starting a guerilla war against US in Iraq and Afghanistan

SwatiTheBrave1
04-03-2010, 08:03 PM
Thats the thing it wont just be US and Israel, if you look at all the previous conflicts within the region all arab nations were opposed to them. However, in this particular case the issue of Iran acquiring a nuclear bomb or having a mature enough program is percieved as a vital threat by the arabs. Saudis are willing to let Israel use their airspace, so is UAE.

Also Iran's government couldnt have managed this whole thing more horribly, two of the countries that had Iran's back till now were Russia and China but Irans failed diplomacy has resulted in Iran loosing favor with both of them. As i meantioned befored, this wont be a full-scale attack but mere surgical strikes aimed at destroying the nuclear sites within Iran.

That being said, Iran still has one trump card. US is tied down fighting insurgencies in Iraq and Afghanistan, The ongoing ops in Afghanistan will deem success or failure of US in Afghanistan, if these strikes are carried out against Iran, it will surely start a guerilla war alongside the taliban.

Why do you think there is a sense of urgency in "reconciliating" with the taliban, this is the reason for that. If the US is able to reconcile with the talibs, Iran will have no leverage left. So basically right now all the efforts to reconciliate with the taliban are deemed at minimizing Iran's influence or any future eventualities. Also Iran's nuclear program hasn't matured enough yet, it will have to cross a certain threshold to deem it strike worthy

Look guys this isn't gonna be a war. These will just be surgical strikes, Iran's army is useless in preventing airstrikes from Israel, the only trump card they have is of starting a guerilla war against US in Iraq and Afghanistan

True that

Talal
04-03-2010, 08:04 PM
Isnt all this because Pakistan sold them the technology?

You have to understand the whole process, the term "sold technology" is thrown around too casually. Pakistan may have provided them the blueprints for the centrifuges, they need soo much more stuff to complete the process. I mean i cant go into detail because it well get too scientific so i'll just say this that even if someone told them exactly what to do and how to do it, they wouldnt be able to. The process is extremely complex and the materials required are very hard to acquire

Son of Mountains
04-03-2010, 10:10 PM
^Is Israel able for such sympathy? Every country in power must erase israel from the map of the world

Master Khan
04-04-2010, 07:29 AM
Israel are Khanzeerans
buliding new homes in a land with doesn't belong to them and kicking muslims out of their homes and destorying their houses...inshallah Israel will be wipe off the map.