View Full Version : ~ Your biggest struggle?

Mayana
07-04-2010, 03:24 AM
Salamooona brothers and sisters =)

Yet another topic that pooped into my head..

~ Unfought battles - what has been your biggest struggle in life so far?

We are all facing conflicts every single day of our lives - family, school, friends, in-laws, society etc.

What has been your greatest struggle so far? What is it that worries you the most?
Is it a personal Jihad, the war against yourself?
Is it a struggle with family.. is it a conflict with your environment in school/work?
Is it school and focusing on your studies?
Is it being away from your Watan?
What is it that is holding you from achieving your fullest potential?

What do you think we Pashtuns struggle the most with? Adjusting to new situations? Life in the West?
What do you think is the biggest struggle for our society, what is it that is holding us down?

Discuss awayy =)

IamDZJ
07-04-2010, 04:05 AM
self acceptance is the hardest yet rarest battle fought in life. mostly it's barely acknowledged but sometimes it's simply avoided. overcoming this struggle will help us become good people and see others beyond their shortcomings. it will help us understand people better and before you know it, there wouldn't be any wars or threats of mass destructive weapons here and there.

Son of Mountains
07-04-2010, 04:11 AM
It was LOVE

I am a looser in that

Master Khan
07-04-2010, 11:37 AM
It was LOVE

I am a looser in that
oh I am sure you are good lover wrora

Son of Mountains
07-04-2010, 12:32 PM
oh I am sure you are good lover wrora

No i was looser
Ma na Agha Meena ma ghawarra janana......

Master Khan
07-04-2010, 12:36 PM
No i was looser
Ma na Agha Meena ma ghawarra janana......
Oooh love is the most beautiful feeling :),
don't worry you are not a loser, don't said that.

Khan Gul
07-04-2010, 01:26 PM
Salamooona brothers and sisters =)

Yet another topic that pooped into my head..

~ Unfought battles - what has been your biggest struggle in life so far?

We are all facing conflicts every single day of our lives - family, school, friends, in-laws, society etc.

What has been your greatest struggle so far? What is it that worries you the most?
Is it a personal Jihad, the war against yourself?
Is it a struggle with family.. is it a conflict with your environment in school/work?
Is it school and focusing on your studies?
Is it being away from your Watan?
What is it that is holding you from achieving your fullest potential?

What do you think we Pashtuns struggle the most with? Adjusting to new situations? Life in the West?
What do you think is the biggest struggle for our society, what is it that is holding us down?

Discuss awayy =)

As always, nice topic from Mayana!

Alhumdullilah, I am content with life. Allah has blessed me with everything I needed, but I will never ever forget the seventeen months of worriment, anxiety and torture that I lived from the day of my engagement till the day of my marriage. It was 1986 and I was 26 years old then and was working abroad. My parents believed in arranged marriage and without my consent they took the big decision. The pain, the worry, the emotional distress, the premonitions, oh don't ask me, that period was a living hell. But I am most thankful to Allah, I was in love the moment I saw my wife.

I have achieved my fullest potential in providing my children with best education.

My dreams which remain unfulfilled as yet is the formation of Loy Afghanistan and to see Pashtun women achieve its zenith and to be with equal footing with men.

abubaker
07-04-2010, 01:55 PM
at the moment trying to fix my bl...y laptop

IamDZJ
07-04-2010, 02:09 PM
the biggest struggle among the pashtuns is that they see everything outside themselves as it should be and not as what it is. we have detached ourselves from reality. our values have lost their purpose and have become hollow. there is no point in protecting or fighting for a banner that makes you lesser than you ought to be.

Feroza_Banu
07-04-2010, 05:05 PM
my biggest struggle in life lasted for 3 years. it was the most bittersweet years of my life... this is the period from the day my husband had proposed till the day we got married..... i went through enormous dilemma of not knowing whether i should say yes to whether i have made the right decision of saying yes. i was deeply in love with him but for a practical person like me , love wasn't the only thing i looked at... my heart and brain was filled with worries about our future life, whether he is a good person or not, whether he will be able to keep me happy or not. whether i will fall flat on my face with this decision or not?

then i got married and we started living together and within the first couple of months i knew i had made the best decision of my life :)

abubaker
07-04-2010, 07:42 PM
three years to get married, that's a long time, kana babo

abubaker
07-04-2010, 08:00 PM
This made my day. Ive been sad lately but this made me happy.

I cant wait till I invite you and Angaar to our house.

oi zma darbandi shomblai qarz dee, gor leyada di wanawazi

Mayana
07-04-2010, 08:05 PM
On a different note.. I just made some epic shlombeh, I'm not gonna lie..
Watch everyone fall asleep in a matter of 5 minutes.. :running:

Feroza_Banu
07-04-2010, 08:06 PM
three years to get married, that's a long time, kana babo

lol... wo thats a long time... which is why i consider it the biggest struggle of my life.

This made my day. Ive been sad lately but this made me happy.

I cant wait till I invite you and Angaar to our house.

:)... inshaAllah... can't wait to see you

abubaker
07-04-2010, 08:08 PM
Kandahary shlombay taso laghman wala nasway jorawalay.

che har wakht new york ta rasay. zma melma you. dont be shy. just message me and I will pick you up from JFK airport.

di laghman tharwi sirf toothano sara maza kawi

yara pa di geera mi kho fikar na kawam ka newyork tha mi pregdee sog lol

mana pa train ki khalag takhtee jhaz kho pregda lol

abubaker
07-04-2010, 08:14 PM
kama sta geera? (we call it zheera)in your avatar all I see is a handsome young with no beard.

and wrora they will allow you. rasa dilta che sha kandahary hafeezan dar shkara kam.

we have almost 100 Kandaharys who have memorized the Quran. in Islamic center. I will show you how much Pashtuns are advanced here.

mashallah great to hear that

hagha handsome mandsome was nashtha, a di zwanai wakhthuna wal

Feroza_Banu
07-04-2010, 08:19 PM
Can you make a thread to share the success of marriage with us.

I need help. My mom wants me to get married soon. These internet tips dont apply to us Pashtuns.

It will help the Pashtun world. Inshallah when you come here I will take you, angaar and your friends if you have any on nice trips. I love guests. Guests make me happy.

I will make sure you and my fiance(If I ever find one) are close-friends.

dont be mean to her please.

awwwwwwwwwwwww... u know what. the best time to visit you would be on ur engagement or marriage party... ur mom is right, u are grown now mashaAllah... now u have to get married dakhaira sara...

i think it will be a good topic to ask all the married people to share their tips with others... i will make a topic soon inshaAllah

and one more thing... why aren't u visitng CA? we will take u around inshaAllah. its a very beautiful place especially in summer.

abubaker
07-04-2010, 08:21 PM
wrora. beard is true beauty. Having a beard should never be a struggle.

true

wrora, we have 4 new Islamic schools opening this year. and we are having a beautiful 100million dollar mosque opening in Manhattan(Financial capital of the world)

hmmm iam not a big fan[spelling] of expensive masjids, most of the time they turn in to tourist attraction rather then a centre for learning, but may be things are different there allah alim

Mayana
07-04-2010, 08:29 PM
can you post a pic please. I need a new avatar.

Aks ta paata nasweh lol

Here a new avatar:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3199/2839863232_a91ae596b7.jpg

wrora. beard is true beauty. Having a beard should never be a struggle.

wrora, we have 4 new Islamic schools opening this year. and we are having a beautiful 100million dollar mosque opening in Manhattan(Financial capital of the world)

=)

Mayana
07-04-2010, 08:36 PM
LOL you're a disgrace to the race :P

jk.. it's not that hard.. the key is.. put in a lot of salt and lemon juice, chi sha toorweh sih.. and don't make it to narih, only put in a little of water.. also make sure chi masteh toorweh yi, da khojho masto da its khoand nakayi..
Shaaa gaatta toorweh shlombeeh

Pakhtunzai
07-06-2010, 11:30 AM
^Wrora, I'm glad we think on the same wavelength because all pakhtuns are pakhtuns, same blood, same people, same language and same culture.

All this tribal pride to be honest I think is bull!

But I would keep my tribe name to have some sort of identity in my name if you know what I mean but other than that..One blood

My biggest struggle would have to be with my imaan, the constant struggle to stick to the deen and not be led astray especially in this kind of society.

Mayana
07-09-2010, 12:43 AM
So how do you guys feel about your struggles?
Do you feel like they are limiting in who you are and you won't be able to tackle them?
Do they make you doubt your beliefs?

Or are you thankful for struggling?

Dukhtar-e-Kabul
07-09-2010, 12:44 AM
[COLOR=Indigo]So how do you guys feel about your struggles?

I am struggling in learning Pashto. Its really difficult. But yet easy for me I guess since I hear it all day from my hubby.

Do you feel like they are limiting in who you are and you won't be able to tackle them?
Do they make you doubt your beliefs?

I am here tackling them as you witness. Pray for me Mayana,

Alia
07-09-2010, 07:34 AM
hahaha xD
one time i had stress with police :S

Mayana
09-25-2010, 02:45 PM
So maybe the biggest struggle there is is finding and accepting yourself after all..

Master Khan
09-25-2010, 02:50 PM
digging out your old thread khorakai :).
My biggest struggle in my life right now, Away from my homeland, studying, and got nothing!.
I just want to be in my homeland with a good busniess..Inshallah.
is like I am in prison now.

Master Khan
09-25-2010, 02:56 PM
unknowprince where you from?

Mayana
09-25-2010, 03:01 PM
digging out your old thread khorakai :).
My biggest struggle in my life right now, Away from my homeland, studying, and got nothing!.
I just want to be in my homeland with a good busniess..Inshallah.
is like I am in prison now.

Au kana ( :tongue: ) I wanted to see how people feel about this now..

Yeah, you're right.. away from home, every king is just a beggar.. away from home, we're like a pot plant, we can only root in our own soil.
But look at it this way, wrora, you'll return with more, inshaAllah wa ta'la. You struggle now but will come out of this struggle greater and stronger inshAllah. =)

Master Khan
09-25-2010, 04:33 PM
Au kana ( :tongue: ) I wanted to see how people feel about this now..

Yeah, you're right.. away from home, every king is just a beggar.. away from home, we're like a pot plant, we can only root in our own soil.
But look at it this way, wrora, you'll return with more, inshaAllah wa ta'la. You struggle now but will come out of this struggle greater and stronger inshAllah. =)
I know but you feel Lonely, when you go back home , your whole family is there and its just great, when you came back here you are just alone.
There is no life here...only Money.
what do you mean? I live in US, and my parents are from Afghanistan.
Where are you from?
Oh just asking lol, you seem to have no struggles so thats why I ask :).
Where I am from? lol, look at my location wrora :)

Dust
09-25-2010, 05:19 PM
the biggest struggle among the pashtuns is that they see everything outside themselves as it should be and not as what it is. we have detached ourselves from reality. our values have lost their purpose and have become hollow. there is no point in protecting or fighting for a banner that makes you lesser than you ought to be.

WOW! A synopsis of our plight as a people.

To add to what you said: We always point fingers at others for our misery.

Talal
09-25-2010, 05:39 PM
I actually have no idea, I fought for a lot of things that I thought were the most important things I'd ever have to fight for..Turns out they weren't, and there's a lot more to life than what we want

Nokia_Apridy
09-26-2010, 01:24 AM
SOM.....................Master Khan

Awa Lara da Yu Maqsad Awa Wena ........

Lag shan Lawantub lag shan Gumratub lag shan Munaftqub

Khalku rakay WAchwalu.......

da TOPIC bal sa Maksaq na da.......

Walay chay da same topic start kwalu wala Mod mata

sa Lekey..........

Dagha da Pashtunistan Khabari har Maidan ta marawra, Khoand ye bala nasta.

Serf darta wayam chi dagha da Pashtunistan Khabarai der porta kshata makawa, Khalag bia spak darta gori. (MAYANA 09-22-2010, 10:49 AM)

Post da Topic khleaf na da

STRUGLE ........Zma Strugle ta PF ka Dewaluna Welar di bya .....

sanga STUGLE wakam ?

spogmai shaglay
09-26-2010, 02:29 AM
It was LOVE

I am a looser in that

i read somewhere....' if your weakness is love then u are the strongest person in t his world"

spogmai shaglay
09-26-2010, 02:36 AM
i am struggling to find at least one person on this earth whom i cant trust....other than my immediate family...

the moment i feel i can trust this person now...that person does everything to betray me...

Laila
09-29-2010, 10:00 PM
I struggle in feeling accepted by my own Pashtuns.

IamDZJ
09-29-2010, 10:07 PM
i used to be this very well mannered well cultured soft spoken human being...then one day i said **** it!..and started living. it's funny how pleasing the entire world takes so much less effort than pleasing one's self.

Talal
09-29-2010, 10:08 PM
I was ten and almost got kidnapped

pukhtana
09-30-2010, 12:10 AM
Tell us the story Talal.