View Full Version : What Do You Grab in 60 Sec

Laila
06-27-2010, 03:59 PM
Inspired by the movie "Leap Year"

Your house/apartment/dorm is on fire (May Allah (SWT) forbid) and you only have 60 seconds to grab a possession. What would it be? I know many of you will say the Quran-e-sharif.....that would be my first answer, but there has to be another personal value that you can never live without.

What would I grab? I have a pair of gold earrings that is feroza in the middle. This earring set was once my adey's (fathers mother) gold set from her necklace. My adey gave it to my father before she passed away, and she told him to give it to someone special. My father then gave it to my other grandmother (my mom's mother) who then made it into earrings for me when she first pierced my ears at the age of 1. So both my grandmothers had it in their possession, and this earring set is the only thing that connects me to both my dead grandmothers. So it is very, very dear to me.

If I ever loose these earrings, nothing can replace it.

So what would you grab in 60 seconds? oh and if you do not mind, please say why :)

Master Khan
06-27-2010, 04:03 PM
My wife because she is everything to me. :)

Laila
06-27-2010, 04:07 PM
^ She is not an object lol...it has to be a possession

Admin Khan
06-27-2010, 04:09 PM
My wallet,phone,passport,few photos of my loved ones and car keys!

єѕαρχαι
06-27-2010, 04:09 PM
a key chain which my sister gifted me . have my pic inside it :p

the rest doesnt matter.. my bistar , lapytopy , mobile , books .

i could always replace them

Master Khan
06-27-2010, 04:10 PM
^ She is not an object lol...it has to be a possession
oh lol ok..umm.. probably my PS3 because it contains my pictures and videos...plus it cost me alot of money.

Laila
06-27-2010, 04:13 PM
You see that is what the guy did in the movie...he grabbed his wordly possession, but he didnt grab anything that has a priceless and sentimental value to him. That is what i am trying to see, if someone has a personal value that can never be replaced. You have warranty, you have insurance on phones etc, but you cannot replace a possession that holds a place in your heart right.

So admin khan, what could it be? maybe you have a photo that has a special meaning to it, or something else anything lol

I asked my father the same thing, he said our family portrait

Master Khan
06-27-2010, 04:16 PM
You see that is what the guy did in the movie...he grabbed his wordly possession, but he didnt grab anything that has a priceless and sentimental value to him. That is what i am trying to see, if someone has a personal value that can never be replaced. You have warranty, you have insurance on phones etc, but you cannot replace a possession that holds a place in your heart right.

So admin khan, what could it be? maybe you have a photo that has a special meaning to it, or something else anything lol

I asked my father the same thing, he said our family portrait
Yeah My Ps3 contains over 500 pictures of my Families and videos aswell.
:).

Khan
06-27-2010, 04:29 PM
The food in fridge. lol

AnGaaR
06-27-2010, 04:43 PM
the phone.. to call police
and my laptop :trytofly:

wait a minute? do u all guys wear proper clothes while sleeping? i dont lol... i think we should grab our clothes instead of other stuff :runaround:

tor_khan
06-27-2010, 05:08 PM
wait a minute? do u all guys wear proper clothes while sleeping? i dont lol... i think we should grab our clothes instead of other stuff :runaround:

Wran Ye!!::rolleyes::

Helay
06-27-2010, 05:27 PM
Very important documents that cannot be replaced. My purse and videos of weddings, gatherings and everyday life.

The food in fridge. lol

Don't forget the crisps in the kitchen cabin :tongue:

lol

Tamara
06-27-2010, 05:35 PM
my necklace which has a sentimental value to me, my wallet and my phone

Roshina
06-27-2010, 08:32 PM
Hmmm... I'm not sure. I can't think of anything :S I'd only fight to save myself, and I am more than sure that I've nothing without which I wouldn't be able to survive... at least, I hope.

Khan
06-28-2010, 08:47 AM
Very important documents that cannot be replaced. My purse and videos of weddings, gatherings and everyday life.

Don't forget the crisps in the kitchen cabin :tongue:

lol

Ofcourse, I won't forget them.

IamDZJ
06-28-2010, 10:51 AM
my scarf and my phone. i will also try looking for my ipod.

Master Khan
06-28-2010, 11:23 AM
My credit cards and some clothes.
I don't have to worry about that, Its has nothing in it at all.

*Mahzala*
06-28-2010, 11:32 AM
I read this recently in a magazine (the question was posed to the magazine editorial team) and since, I have been thinking about it. It brought to mind some bitter memories, so coming to a conclusion is a hard one.

Nice thread Laila :)

Feroza_Banu
06-28-2010, 02:13 PM
my purse (has everything i need), my wedding ring, and imp documents

Al Hanif
03-24-2012, 08:27 AM
Nothing. Burn Baby, Burn !

Manzareh
03-24-2012, 09:34 AM
fire extinguisher

MostafaM
03-24-2012, 01:09 PM
Documents and old family belonging like pictures and items that where in possession of the family for generations which are stored in one small bag.

Laila
03-24-2012, 07:03 PM
Oh you people who enjoy digging up old graves :glare:

Pakhtunzai
03-25-2012, 03:11 PM
Its Al hanif, hes doing all the digging :tongue: