View Full Version : What to do when you read something offensive

Roshina
06-26-2010, 07:05 PM
Some members turn to name-calling and insulting if they have been insulted first. Needless to say, name-calling, insulting, abusing others, etc. is not permitted on PF and action will be taken against such posts.

Here's what you do when you read something offensive instead of turning to your emotion and responding to it without reason.

You report the post. This can be done by looking at the top of each post and noting, right next to the post #, a white circle with red borders. When you hover your mouse over it, it says, "Report."

The moderators then receive an e-mail regarding the reported post, and we discuss it amongst ourselves to decide together and unanimously what to do about it. We ALWAYS, however, send a warning message to the person who badmouths/insults/etc., and, depending on its severity, the person gets an infraction. Anyone who gets three infractions gets banned, if the infractions don't expire.

You may also directly contact a moderator and tell her/him what you feel, with reference to the post that has bothered you, and expect a response from the moderator in due time.

So please keep this in mind next time you are involved in a discussion. Thank you for your contribution and cooperation, folks!

єѕαρχαι
06-26-2010, 07:09 PM
Thanks khory for letting me know . but can we report moderators ? because i want to report you :p for being so nice :)

Laila
06-26-2010, 07:10 PM
Que...thank you for making this thread. It was helpful since that 'particular situation'

my advice, close the thread, i dont think comments are needed on here :)

Palwasha
06-26-2010, 07:10 PM
but can we report moderators ? because i want to report you :p for being so nice :)

Lol, you could just thank her instead. =)

Roshina
06-26-2010, 07:14 PM
LOL, Sher Khan. Thank you! (But just in case others want to report the posts of moderators, yes, our posts can be reported as well.)

Laila, you're right. I'll close this thread.

If anyone has any questions, remember that you can ask them any time, whether through PM or wall-posts.

Manana.