View Full Version : Khyber Pashtunkhwa plans Rs699m projects to overcome energy crisis

AfghanSoulja
06-24-2010, 10:16 PM
Thursday, June 17, 2010
By Nisar Mahmood
PESHAWAR: To overcome growing energy crisis and enhance hydel power generation as well as oil and gas exploration, the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government has allocated Rs699 million for 16 projects.

The province has several ideal locations for generation of hydroelectricity and the estimated potential of hydropower generation in the province is about 29,600 megawatts, which is about 70 per cent of the total hydel power generation capacity of the country, i.e. 41,700 megawatt.

Presently 3,945-megawatt electricity is being generated in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa from Tarbela, Warsak, Dargai, Jaban, Malakand-III, Chitral, and Kurram Garhi power stations.

Last year, SHYDO completed three hydropower projects in Malakand, Swabi and Chitral districts. The total capacity of these hydropower projects was 101 megawatt. These projects are not only contributing to the reduction in loadshedding but will also generate revenue for the province. This year Malakand-III power project is expected to generate revenue of Rs842 million.

Meanwhile, the government of Pakistan has signed a loan agreement with the Asian Development Bank (ADB) for the development of hydropower potential in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa at a cost of Rs4.777 billion. Under this project, SHYDO will construct three new projects having a total installed capacity of 50 megawatts. The projects are at various stages of implementation and will be completed during the next four years.

Under the same loan, the SHYDO has also conducted feasibility studies of three projects at Koto in Dir Lower district and Karora, Shangla and Jabori in Mansehra, which are nearing completion. The total installed capacity of the three hydropower projects is 34 megawatts. Construction work on these projects will start during 2010-11 and will be completed in the next four years. The SHYDO has also awarded 10 raw sites of 5-50 megawatts located in various districts of the province to private sector for development. The cost of these studies is estimated to be Rs98.94 million.

On the directives of the chief minister, the SHYDO has prepared and approved the action plan 2010-2025 for construction of seven projects.

KP plans Rs699m projects to overcome energy crisis (http://www.thenews.com.pk/print1.asp?id=245465)

Nadir Shah
06-26-2010, 03:35 PM
It is sad that there should even be an energy crisis in Pashtunkhwa. The electricity generation of the 'Tarbela' dam alone is three times the total domestic and industrial requirements of Pashtunkhwa. It is a glaring example of how the resources of Pashtunkhwa are being looted by the Punjabi establishment.

Son of Mountains
06-26-2010, 03:43 PM
It is sad that there should even be an energy crisis in Pashtunkhwa. The electricity generation of the 'Tarbela' dam alone is three times the total domestic and industrial requirements of Pashtunkhwa. It is a glaring example of how the resources of Pashtunkhwa are being looted by the Punjabi establishment.
LOL
that energy crisis is in whole pakistan. In punjab too. In punjab there is 8-12 hrs load shedding in a day. The matter of fact is Zardari looting the resources of whole pakistan by both hands. He is disliked person by more than 90% public of the pakistan.
BUT U and some other nationalists just bring pessimism among the young nation of pashtuns!

Nadir Shah
06-26-2010, 03:49 PM
LOL
that energy crisis is in whole pakistan. In punjab too. In punjab there is 8-12 hrs load shedding in a day. The matter of fact is Zardari looting the resources of whole pakistan by both hands. He is disliked person by more than 90% public of the pakistan.
BUT U and some other nationalists just bring pessimism among the young nation of pashtuns!

Malgariya, I do not care what happens in Punjab. My question is : 'The energy production of Pashtunkhwa is in excess to the energy requirements in Pashtunkhwa. Then why do we have power outages in Pashtunkhwa?'
Secondly, what is the crime of Asif Ali Zardari that you accuse him of? Don't you see the game of the Punjabi establishment, comprising of the CJ, Army, ISI, Media against the democratic government of Pakistan?

tor_khan
06-26-2010, 03:50 PM
Son of Mountains - what prevents Pakistan from going nuclear (to meet their power needs) or investing in solar energy - there's enough sun to make solar viable.

Nadir Shah
06-26-2010, 03:52 PM
Son of Mountains - what prevents Pakistan from going nuclear (to meet their power needs) or investing in solar energy - there's enough sun to make solar viable.

Malgariya, have you learnt nothing? Pakistan cannot be trusted with any kind of nuclear material. Pakistan has a known track record of nuclear proliferation. We cannot have any other rogue state touting nuclear weapons.

amna.
06-26-2010, 03:59 PM
Malgariya, have you learnt nothing? Pakistan cannot be trusted with any kind of nuclear material. Pakistan has a known track record of nuclear proliferation. We cannot have any other rogue state touting nuclear weapons.

Pakistan has had nuclear weapons for decades now. They are secured in Punjabi with heavy Army.

Nadir Shah
06-26-2010, 04:04 PM
Pakistan has had nuclear weapons for decades now. They are secured in Punjabi with heavy Army.

Pakistan has provided nuclear technology and material to Iran, Libya and North Korea and with the terrorists camped strongly in South Punjab, you never know.

tor_khan
06-26-2010, 04:10 PM

The world already has the technology - wishful thinking on my part, I guess, to think that it could used for energy as opposed to arms proliferation. I've been caught in a 17 hour energy cut and I feel sorry that people have to live with that, that's all.

Nadir Shah
06-26-2010, 04:23 PM
^Providing is different, safe-guarding is different. Malgariya, You are mixing 2 concepts.

Malgariya, Pakistan is a known supporter of terrorism in the region and it is also a known proliferator. Will that do?

Nadir Shah
06-26-2010, 04:24 PM
The world already has the technology - wishful thinking on my part, I guess, to think that it could used for energy as opposed to arms proliferation. I've been caught in a 17 hour energy cut and I feel sorry that people have to live with that, that's all.

I am with you in 'feeling sorry' for the masses, but I see the road to the solution in a different way than you do and I do not consider your way a solution at all.

Nadir Shah
06-26-2010, 04:53 PM
Pakistan govt never supported terrorism, they supported Pashtuns. Without the Pakistan kandahar would have been speaking Dari instead of Poshto.

Pakistan has supported terrorists all over the region, Kashmir, Pashtunkhwa, Uzbekistan, India, Afghanistan.

You need to explain the highlighted part of your statement very clearly.

Master Khan
06-26-2010, 05:22 PM
LOL
someone needs to shoot him.
Zardari is lootmar..all PPP are.
we need Imran Khan!!!

Nadir Shah
06-26-2010, 05:27 PM
someone needs to shoot him.
Zardari is lootmar..all PPP are.
we need Imran Khan!!!

Daa tsa waye malgariya. Please tell me this post was intended as fun. What does Imran (Talib) Khan bring to the table, other than an affair with Gen Musharraf?

Nadir Shah
06-26-2010, 05:48 PM
For starters, Iran supported Tajiks and Hazars and Shiaism.

Am I correct?

would Iran support Pashto?

You may and may not be correct. Assume that your are and continue.

Nadir Shah
06-26-2010, 05:58 PM
I am right. Iran is spreading Persian in Afghanistan for there own interests.

have you heard of those people from Kandahar who defeated them and ruled them? Those Kandaharys wrre Pashtuns. We pashtuns are there regional threat. Would they support Pashto? Yes or no.

What are you talking about? Is Iran the biggest factor that will decide the fate of Pashto? Yeah I know about Mirwais, Mir Mahmud and Ashraf Hottakis. How is all this relevant?

tor_khan
06-26-2010, 06:50 PM
MODERATOR NOTE:

This thread is around a discussion on the energy crisis in Pashtunkhwa. Back to topic please ...

єѕαρχαι
06-26-2010, 08:34 PM

you dont know where they are. scattered around pakistan. not even cia knows that ... so how do you know it:banghead:

Jana
06-27-2010, 10:52 AM
:running: there is big difference between Nuclear weapons and nuclear reactors, nuclear energy