View Full Version : Feroza Banu's cooking discussion thread.

Feroza_Banu
06-23-2010, 02:19 AM
here is the thread where we can discuss.

Feroza_Banu
06-23-2010, 02:20 AM
the first recipe i will be posting in the other thread is for

"halwa e zardak"
"da gazaro halwa"
"carrot halwa"

be patient i have pictures too so it takes time to make the post... i made this dish last night at my mom's home. for the whole family :)

*Mahzala*
06-23-2010, 02:20 AM
You've got things sorted :praise:

Looking forward to seeing what Angaar Brother is treated with on a daily basis.

*Mahzala*
06-23-2010, 02:24 AM
the first recipe i will be posting in the other thread is for

"halwa e zardak"
"da gazaro halwa"
"carrot halwa"

be patient i have pictures too so it takes time to make the post... i made this dish last night at my mom's home. for the whole family :)

I *love* carrot halwa so much. Oh man!

Iqra
06-23-2010, 02:33 AM
^ Me too ...but my mom won't make it anymore. The last time I had it was probably 3 years ago?

*Mahzala*
06-23-2010, 02:39 AM
My brother in law makes amazing carrot halwa. The last time he made it was about seven years ago. He cooks a lot though, dinner is on him most nights. He makes suji halwa every second night I think, and brings a fair share for my mother, who loves anything to do with halwa. The last time I felt like carrot halwa, my sister made it right away. She is superb at sweet dishes.

(Err ... that's a lot of garelu details for you)

Feroza_Banu
06-23-2010, 02:42 AM
You've got things sorted :praise:

Looking forward to seeing what Angaar Brother is treated with on a daily basis.

:hug1" thanks... i posted the recipe... u can try it... but make it for less people it takes less time. :)

^ Me too ...but my mom won't make it anymore. The last time I had it was probably 3 years ago?

seeeeeeeeeeeee now u can make it urself and surprise her... she needs to be treated once a while...:fighting:

Iqra
06-23-2010, 02:44 AM
^ The week she made it, my cousin passed away khuday de wabakhshi...so she was like zma da halwa pakhe da sakha kraaka kehzhi ..so yeah...

Feroza_Banu
06-23-2010, 02:45 AM
tonight i made "sabzi Chalaw" "Saba and Chalaw" "Spinach and rice"
and da patato korma (korm e kachalo)

i will post the whole steps for everyone... espcially for those who don't know how to cook chalaw and have it come out nice... cooking rice (afghan rice) is an art!

oh and i made patato korma caz angaar doesn't like spinach... so i had to make for him... most people don't like this dish but i make it differently it comes out veryyy delicious... will post it inshallah tomorrow.

Feroza_Banu
06-23-2010, 02:46 AM
^ The week she made it, my cousin passed away khuday de wabakhshi...so she was like zma da halwa pakhe da sakha kraaka kehzhi ..so yeah...

Khudai de jannat wor naseeb kei... Khudai de wabakhshi...

i see.

IamDZJ
06-23-2010, 02:48 AM
there better be cereal in the kitchen. all this food talk is making me hungry and i do not want a heavy snack at 12:47 pm.
peroza it's over between you and me.

Feroza_Banu
06-23-2010, 02:50 AM
there better be cereal in the kitchen. all this food talk is making me hungry and i do not want a heavy snack at 12:47 pm.
peroza it's over between you and me.

don't say that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cryy:

i loves u! :cryy:

i pray u find cereal!... :(

*Mahzala*
06-23-2010, 02:52 AM
:hug1" thanks... i posted the recipe... u can try it... but make it for less people it takes less time. :)

Sure will. Mum already had a call from me ... 'Mor Jaan, zardake laru kor ke?' It might be on the menu tonight - InshaAllah. Yum!

Thanks Big Sis!

Feroza_Banu
06-23-2010, 02:53 AM
^loll... thats awesome... inshaAllah... no problem

Feroza_Banu
06-25-2010, 10:27 PM
kachalo and spinach added... check out the recipe :)

Feroza_Banu
06-25-2010, 10:40 PM
chalaw added.

AnGaaR
06-25-2010, 10:44 PM
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z247/AfG2KaBuL/palaw%20and%20qorma/220620101962.jpg

And this all went into my Khaita............Moooooohahaha !!!

Roshina
06-26-2010, 02:50 AM
Perozey!!! You're one HELL of a cook! Good job, girl!

Feroza_Banu
06-26-2010, 04:53 PM
I will trying you recipe tonight

tell me how it turned out my sweetttt girl...

Feroza I am really impressed. Angaar is very lucky to be eating such tasty meals. could you try to update the list very frequently?

and do you mind if I copy your recipes to send back home?

thank you sooo much ...!

i will try my best inshallah to update this list frequently and also it will my pleasure if you share the recipe back home :)

Perozey!!! You're one HELL of a cook! Good job, girl!

thanks Qrutuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

:hug1":hug1"

Sheenka
06-26-2010, 06:22 PM
there is not pic lolz

post some of them if u can
once i cooked carrot halwa it was so funny i left uncooked and my causin came home late he thought it was cooked, he ate all and in the morning he was like it didnt taste good lolz

btw do u guys put milk in it?

Laila
06-26-2010, 07:29 PM
Mashallah Feroza jan, you are quite talented :)

Kachaloo kaka, you should be happy and thankful to Allah (SWT) that you have a wonderful companion......or else :fighting:

Admin Khan
06-26-2010, 07:44 PM
We have our very own chef now? This is a blessing for PashtunForums. MashAllah ;)

AnGaaR
06-26-2010, 08:54 PM
Admin khana.. u got the chef for PF but zma baida gharqa swa lol.. i have to wait for hours and hours till she cooks, takes the pictures and then serve the food :(
:fighting::banghead::pullinghair::cryy:

Feroza_Banu
06-27-2010, 12:17 AM
there is not pic lolz

post some of them if u can
once i cooked carrot halwa it was so funny i left uncooked and my causin came home late he thought it was cooked, he ate all and in the morning he was like it didnt taste good lolz

btw do u guys put milk in it?

hahah that is funny!

check out the other thread that samima posted :P

Mashallah Feroza jan, you are quite talented :)

Kachaloo kaka, you should be happy and thankful to Allah (SWT) that you have a wonderful companion......or else :fighting:

lol thank you lailoo... yes he better be happy lol

We have our very own chef now? This is a blessing for PashtunForums. MashAllah ;)

thanks wror jana

Ill tell my wife to cook those for me

Admin khana.. u got the chef for PF but zma baida gharqa swa lol.. i have to wait for hours and hours till she cooks, takes the pictures and then serve the food :(
:fighting::banghead::pullinghair::cryy:

i dont take hours... ::rolleyes::

Feroza_Banu
06-27-2010, 12:18 AM
It was a success Feroza. My aunt loved it.

awesome... what did you try?

aftab.yusufzai
07-01-2010, 06:41 AM
Wow... superb cooking ..

Toramana
07-01-2010, 10:32 AM
Feroza Banu, dasai sa nuskha dartha maluma da chai wrijai da chaqartoob na sathi?

JAMALUDEEN
07-03-2010, 05:16 PM
Feroza, do you know how to make Leytey?

Feroza_Banu
07-04-2010, 02:22 AM
Wow... superb cooking ..

dera manena. :)

Feroza Banu, dasai sa nuskha dartha maluma da chai wrijai da chaqartoob na sathi?

yane wriji shola nasi? kala che muzh da dam oba pa wriji kei achawoo bayad che daa khial wosato che der oba **** wanachawoo che bia wriji kichri nasi...

Feroza when is new food coming?

inshallah soon... i have been a bit busy with family and been spending alot of time at mom's home and eating there so i haven't cooked lately. but inshallah soon i will be posting more.

Feroza, do you know how to make Leytey?

yea... inshallah will make it and post it.

Feroza we want more

ba chishim :)... inshaAllah will post more soon.

Iqra
07-04-2010, 07:11 AM
What is leytey?

IamDZJ
07-04-2010, 01:14 PM
leytey is oatmeal porridge. it's also what my cousins used to call me when i was a kid. with a "khaam" for a prefix. :(

abubaker
07-04-2010, 07:54 PM
letai is a variant of halwa its made of white flower fried in allot oil and served with milk i believe/or ''sucha ghwaldi''

Dukhtar-e-Kabul
07-04-2010, 10:48 PM
Oh dukhtar, be sure to share with us :)

JAMALUDEEN
07-04-2010, 10:49 PM
Everyone is going so crazy about Leytey like me:pullinghair:

Dukhtar-e-Kabul
07-04-2010, 10:51 PM
Everyone is going so crazy about Leytey like me:pullinghair:

I still don't know what it is.:angel1:

abubaker
07-05-2010, 06:16 AM
Leytey my parent said is something we make when a new baby is born.

thats shera lol

spogmai shaglay
07-05-2010, 01:33 PM
Feroza Banu i had doubt about CarrotHalwa... how its usually made is using milk, and sugar... but while cooking it there is a lot of moisture... milk, sugar leaves water and also carrot has a high moisture content... all this moisture needs to dry up.... but it takes so long that the halwa turns a little dark than its natural colour.....which is then not very appealing when cooked finally than the lovely bright colour of the usual halwa... can u help

Feroza_Banu
07-06-2010, 01:57 AM
^salam alaikum :)

I don't understand why the halwa would turn a little darker than normal. i do understand that there is alot of moisture because of milk, sugar and carrots itself but if u just let it cook and keep stiring it after every 3 to 4 minutes it should be ok. it does take a long time. just make sure to not let the bottom of the pot stick and burn the carrot.

one tip to remember is that: u don't have to use ALOT of milk... u can use little milk enough for the carrots to be done and mostly use cream in it for the flavor. the only reason people add milk alot is for its fat content.. u can reduce milk quantity and use cream. u can even add oil in it.

what type of carrots are u using?

Feroza_Banu
07-06-2010, 02:13 AM
^inshaAllah soon!...

spogmai shaglay
07-06-2010, 07:32 AM
^salam alaikum :)

I don't understand why the halwa would turn a little darker than normal. i do understand that there is alot of moisture because of milk, sugar and carrots itself but if u just let it cook and keep stiring it after every 3 to 4 minutes it should be ok. it does take a long time. just make sure to not let the bottom of the pot stick and burn the carrot.

one tip to remember is that: u don't have to use ALOT of milk... u can use little milk enough for the carrots to be done and mostly use cream in it for the flavor. the only reason people add milk alot is for its fat content.. u can reduce milk quantity and use cream. u can even add oil in it.

what type of carrots are u using?

walaikumassalam awo manana Feroza Banu....its the normal juicy carrot i use... and also can khoa/mawa be used instead of milk or can condensed milk be used?

some suggest addition of colour but i dont want to use artificial colour in food.....

looking forward for more tips from u.. u and i share a common hobby....:)

Feroza_Banu
07-06-2010, 04:11 PM
^yes you can use khowa.. and condensed milk too...

hmmm if u are using the regular carrot it shouldn't turn dark... it did turn light in my case... and my mom suggesting adding food coloring and i refused... i don't like adding artificial stuff too...

this is sooooo exciting... i am so glad i have someone with the same hobby as me...

Feroza_Banu
07-06-2010, 04:25 PM
^oh my bad... i missed this one... i am so glad that its ur hobby too *kiss*

Feroza_Banu
07-06-2010, 04:48 PM
^na pahezham... ta mata suggestion raka... chishi pakha kam?

AnGaaR
07-06-2010, 07:14 PM
Cook some nice Mantu, Kabuli palow.

I am selfish. cook everything you know and share it with us here.

We all hate you Angaar.
LOL
:fighting:

AnGaaR
07-07-2010, 01:29 AM
I hate Angaar. He has poor Feroza all for himself.
so u want me to share da food she make with all PF members?

some members like Iqra and Laila are lucky caz they live near us.. they wil for sure come and eat with us.. but others.. .. neshta staso da para:fighting:

IamDZJ
07-07-2010, 01:48 AM
i m sure chi if i ask her nicely enough, she will make you parcel me some mantu to canada.

AnGaaR
07-07-2010, 01:59 AM
i m sure chi if i ask her nicely enough, she will make you parcel me some mantu to canada.
ya she wil do it for u .. :wub:

Iqra
07-07-2010, 02:03 AM
so u want me to share da food she make with all PF members?

some members like Iqra and Laila are lucky caz they live near us.. they wil for sure come and eat with us.. but others.. .. neshta staso da para:fighting:

I think she meant that you should tell others how feroza is mine, thank you very much!

anddddd yes alhamdulillah ... we get to watch you eat everything ... aren't we blessed :fighting:

Feroza_Banu
07-08-2010, 03:47 AM

pa dwarro stergoooo zma weenai!... :wub:

Feroza_Banu
07-08-2010, 12:36 PM
^lol... sorry for the delay...

last night i made "bolani of kachalo"... "da patato peeraki" ... i have taken pictures... once angaar edits them i will be uploading them today inshaALlah :)

amna.
07-08-2010, 03:38 PM
My God I'm also excited.

Feroza_Banu
07-08-2010, 06:59 PM
^posted :)

Palwasha
07-08-2010, 07:05 PM
I am sooo hungry, I can't even look at those pictures.. mashAllah Feroza, gorgeous food. Can't wait to try some of them, iA. =)

Iqra
07-08-2010, 09:34 PM
MashaAllah ...laaasuna dih dah jaanaat sah :shy:

Question ..usu my mom makes a lot of bread and then the bolani at the end, so the flour that she sets aside is usu for a few hours ... How long did you set aside the flour for?

Also have you ever allowed the yeast to arise separately and then mixed it in with the flour?

IamDZJ
07-09-2010, 12:47 AM
peroza where did you get the bolani cooking pan from and what is it called in english? by the way i had no idea the fillings for bolani had to be be boiled in oil first. i skip that part..does it make a difference?

AnGaaR
07-09-2010, 01:10 AM
peroza where did you get the bolani cooking pan from and what is it called in english? by the way i had no idea the fillings for bolani had to be be boiled in oil first. i skip that part..does it make a difference?

She says i didnt boil it in oil.. i boiled it in water.. did i make a typo? lol
I just meant to boil the potatoes so its done and ready to be mashed :)

Oh and as far as tabakhai is concerened, It came with a set of Daig from Kitchen Aid. You can refer to this as pan cake pan. Whites make pan cakes on this but if u look in afghan stores you can find it there.. some american stores like ross have them too.
But any pan cake flat pan will work:lal10:
__________________________________________________ ____________

Btw me as AnGaaR had 2 peerakei today.. hela yummy woo:celebrate::celebrate:

IamDZJ
07-09-2010, 01:55 AM
you boiled the potatoes and then i think you fried the onion and cilantro in oil..or may be i m confusing it with something else...bolani turns out so good when you use aashgaz to make it. i m too lazy for that.
this amazing pancake cooker must be a life saver. i can only imagine..

by the way, that rice looked so cute...

AnGaaR
07-09-2010, 02:02 AM
you boiled the potatoes and then i think you fried the onion and cilantro in oil..or may be i m confusing it with something else...bolani turns out so good when you use aashgaz to make it. i m too lazy for that.
this amazing pancake cooker must be a life saver. i can only imagine..

by the way, that rice looked so cute...

Feroza says: Ya you are right
i fried the onion and salantro in oil but i really used little oil just for the sake of the onions to be friend because the raw onion will not taste as good.. the best way is to use as much less oil as possible..

keep imagining says: (AnGaaR)

about the rice: Espaseiba and so sweet of u .. she says Zma weenai..

Iqra
07-09-2010, 02:40 AM
http://www.cuisinartelectricskillet.org/images/cuisinart-csk-250-electric-skillet.jpg

These work well too ... to bake bread or bolani =)

Iqra
07-09-2010, 12:05 PM
^ It's in her Food thread ...

this is the discussion thread for the food thread ... I'll find it for you right now :|

here you go > http://www.pashtunforums.com/food-31/~*feroza-banus-cooking*~-2906/

Feroza_Banu
07-09-2010, 12:41 PM
MashaAllah ...laaasuna dih dah jaanaat sah :shy:

Question ..usu my mom makes a lot of bread and then the bolani at the end, so the flour that she sets aside is usu for a few hours ... How long did you set aside the flour for?

Also have you ever allowed the yeast to arise separately and then mixed it in with the flour?

zma da zrra sar :)

i set it aside for about 3 hours.

and yes u have to allow the yeast to rise and then mix it in flour but my case i couldn't do it because i had to prepare the dough like 8 oclock at night and cook it like a couple of hours later...

i have to always cook in rush caz i come from work :(

Feroza_Banu
07-09-2010, 01:16 PM
^thank you Aseer Jana...
I try to update it frequently but due to having a busy schedule and also because i don't cook often for my mom cooks food and just calls us to go over there and eat... but whenever i cook i update the forum :)

Feroza_Banu
07-09-2010, 01:38 PM
Thank you. please try to update it as frequently as possible. This is very helpful for people like me who have to cook themselves. I dont think you understand how much this means to me, not everyone knows how to cook Afghan food. The Afghan restaurants in NYC are really expensive so your tutorials here mean the world to me.

Again, Manana

Oh... i am so glad then that all of this can help someone at least... i was really beginning to doubt whether anyone needed recipes or not. caz many people know how to cook ... this really motivates me Aseer Jan ... i will try my best inshaAllah to post more frequently and all types of afghan food so you can just cook it and not have to go to expensive afghan restaurants... i know afghan food is expensive here too... so we usually don't go to restuarant.

thanks again... :)

Feroza_Banu
07-09-2010, 02:11 PM
What do you mean beginnng to doubt? of course we need recipes? when I get married I will make my wife cook everything you have been posting so far or will post in the future.

so try to post this as often as possible. PLEASE!

awww... how cute!....

yes sir... i will inshaALlah

Feroza_Banu
07-09-2010, 02:28 PM
^thank you wror jan :)

Feroza_Banu
07-09-2010, 02:36 PM
^of course i dont mind... since like 14 years of age... but i have older sisters so i cooked only once twice a week...

amna.
07-09-2010, 03:49 PM
Feroza I just took a lot at your thread I almost commented in that one lol. I just wanted to thank you. That is all.

Feroza_Banu
07-09-2010, 04:05 PM
^u are welcome :)

AnGaaR
07-09-2010, 04:35 PM
keep cooking keep cooking.. some new dishes too.. we like ur thread.. I like it the most caz i get new stuff to eat lol..

Iqra
07-12-2010, 01:06 PM
zma da zrra sar :)

i set it aside for about 3 hours.

and yes u have to allow the yeast to rise and then mix it in flour but my case i couldn't do it because i had to prepare the dough like 8 oclock at night and cook it like a couple of hours later...

i have to always cook in rush caz i come from work :(

:wub:

Ah I see!

But even tho you didn't let the yeast rise, it still looks good... sometimes it's good to try these short cuts/ tricks and stuff due to tme.

and qurbaaaaaaaan dih saaama ..zaan ma staray kawaaaaaa :hug1"

Oh... i am so glad then that all of this can help someone at least... i was really beginning to doubt whether anyone needed recipes or not. caz many people know how to cook ... this really motivates me Aseer Jan ... i will try my best inshaAllah to post more frequently and all types of afghan food so you can just cook it and not have to go to expensive afghan restaurants... i know afghan food is expensive here too... so we usually don't go to restuarant.

thanks again... :)

Even if people do know how to cook, knowing how someone else cooks always helps out with new ideas / tricks ... etc etc etc

What do you mean beginnng to doubt? of course we need recipes? when I get married I will make my wife cook everything you have been posting so far or will post in the future.

so try to post this as often as possible. PLEASE!

khpala ye zda ka!

Sheenka
07-12-2010, 02:30 PM
Great job sis
keep it up :)

Sheenka
07-12-2010, 02:42 PM
:fighting:i didnt know that :P
shorry

delete it lolz

AnGaaR
07-12-2010, 05:33 PM
^^

khe chal de zda kere dai Angaara. :)
chei da wonako no cheshai ba khoro?:hairy:

Feroza_Banu
07-12-2010, 07:48 PM
good job Feroza

thank you :)
Great job sis
keep it up :)

thank you sheeno

Sheenkay, you are not supposed to post in this thread as Feroza sis requsted. :fighting:

lol... u r awesome.

:fighting:i didnt know that :P
shorry

delete it lolz

no problem dear!

Feroza is a blessing for Pashtun Forums.

God bless you Feroza. please share more with us.

my brother!... u r wonderful.. :hug1"

chei da wonako no cheshai ba khoro?:hairy:

Feroza teach me

its for u to learn dear.
Feroza when is more food coming?

inshallah soon... may be tonight :)

Iqra
07-12-2010, 11:25 PM
Okay ...have all of you guys cooked what she has already taught you ?

Sabr wakai ...tobah ... :fighting:

Dukhtar-e-Kabul
07-13-2010, 12:36 AM
Okay ...have all of you guys cooked what she has already taught you ?

Sabr wakai ...tobah ... :fighting:

I have. :loveit:

I am waiting for her new dishes.

AnGaaR
07-13-2010, 12:39 AM
Not tonight :@ shez here sitting watching da damn tv.. didnt cook for me too.. says today we eat outside lol

come on guys entertain her to make more n more dishes lol

Feroza_Banu
07-19-2010, 02:53 AM
Updated: made kofta :)

Feroza_Banu
07-19-2010, 03:11 AM
updated with palaw :)

Saifullah
07-19-2010, 10:22 AM
i made a cake the other day....for some reason recently i wanted to make the perfect cake.....so ive made like 6 so far in the past 2 weeks...now i have found the best way to make a light sponge cake...

Saifullah
07-19-2010, 11:05 AM
whip eggs white (120g or more caster sugar) and egg yolks (a few spoons sugars) separately....i tried it with 5 eggs....

Then mix with spoon, add melted butter (150g)....

then mix in plain flour if i can remember 90g and 55 g cornflour...one teaspoon baking powder...using sift...

then mix all together and put in oven at 150-160 degrees if convection oven like fan assisted....and 180 wid normal oven for 30 minutes....

but i think i need one more attempt to make it better

eyeliner
07-19-2010, 12:44 PM
does anyone have any good cake recipes for birthdays?

Saifullah
07-20-2010, 01:26 PM
does anyone have any good cake recipes for birthdays?

yea buy it...

AnGaaR
07-20-2010, 02:17 PM
yea buy it...
:loveit:
moo thorr jawab
:runaround:

Feroza_Banu
07-20-2010, 02:28 PM
^i don't mind it at all!

Thanks all of you for liking it :)

AnGaaR
07-20-2010, 02:33 PM
^ feroza u should thank me for letting u use my mobile for ur cooking pictures..
what if tomorrow my mobile slips out of ur hand and gets cooked in da damn daig?

Palwasha
07-20-2010, 02:34 PM
^ feroza u should thank me for letting u use my mobile for ur cooking pictures..
what if tomorrow my mobile slips out of ur hand and gets cooked in da damn daig?

Then you will be eating your mobile as part of your dinner..

AnGaaR
07-20-2010, 02:37 PM
i cant eat somethng like this
http://www.spicemobilephones.com/wallpapers/mobile_phone_accident.jpg

Saifullah
07-20-2010, 02:37 PM
then u can call dat dish advanced chicken karahi....

AnGaaR
07-20-2010, 02:41 PM
then u can call dat dish advanced chicken karahi....
i hate chicken
http://nerddads.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/horse-yuck-copy.jpg

Palwasha
07-20-2010, 02:41 PM

Don't worry, Feroza is a very good cook, MashAllah, it will still be a tasty dish.

AnGaaR
07-20-2010, 02:44 PM
Don't worry, Feroza is a very good cook, MashAllah, it will still be a tasty dish.
no
then me and feroza might fight
and u ppl will stare and not move to finish the war against cooking:loveit:
something like this

http://i25.tinypic.com/2yxm6hw.jpg

toor-pekai
07-20-2010, 02:47 PM
I DONT LIKE TO COOK!!!..I LOVE to eat outside in the restaurants, where people serve the food ready and delicious...makes me feel like a princess!

But, Feroza it is great to hear that you can cook and enjoy it!!

Feroza_Banu
07-20-2010, 02:56 PM

yes... thank you!... and ur answer is below...

yep!

http://www.spicemobilephones.com/wallpapers/mobile_phone_accident.jpg

sure you can!...

thank you!:hug1"

no
something like this

LOLLL>.. the picture is really funny.

I DONT LIKE TO COOK!!!..I LOVE to eat outside in the restaurants, where people serve the food ready and delicious...makes me feel like a princess!

But, Feroza it is great to hear that you can cook and enjoy it!!

I am not a big fan of eating outside. most of the food is extremely unhealthy and I can not be 100 percent sure about what i eat in every restuarant so i rather cook at home where i know what is going inside my daig... considering how i care about halaal/haram thing.

I do enjoy cooking!... good for my husband lol

Feroza_Banu
07-20-2010, 05:43 PM
^:hug:... my sweet Jasmine :)

Sheenka
07-20-2010, 06:50 PM
^ u r absulately right

Iqra
07-20-2010, 07:04 PM
Food sounds so good :cryy:

Sheenka
07-20-2010, 07:12 PM
iqra llolz

Iqra
07-21-2010, 01:12 AM
iqra llolz

I hadn't had food the whole day, alhamdulillah had some now =)

Me you, Mayana and Feroza need a girls day out. lol so she can cook for us!!!

LOL if its a girls day out... no one should cook!

Saifullah
07-27-2010, 02:50 PM
My first attempt at making pizza

It doesnt look as good as pizza hut, but i can tell you it was really tasty and the base/bread was just perfect. It was just using chedder cheese and not mozarella. Next time i will try different toppings and cheese..

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs106.ash2/38645_467082255128_501895128_6689239_1518957_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs106.ash2/38645_467082260128_501895128_6689240_1668269_n.jpg

Saifullah
07-27-2010, 03:36 PM
It finished really quickly, my whole family ate some..maybe next time ill save u some

AnGaaR
08-06-2010, 04:17 AM
^ No yara

she recently took some pix by my mobile again.. maybe tomorrow she will post a new dish lol..
domra ham lucky nayam chei lottery wogatum :(

Saifullah
08-06-2010, 09:06 AM
feroza cook some souffle

Sheenka
08-06-2010, 10:33 AM
^ whats that?
u want her to create new things lol

Saifullah
08-06-2010, 10:40 AM
souffle is like a desert...it has to be perfect

im not old fashioned like u sheenkay

http://www.britishcheese.com/userfiles/image/recipes/Souffle%201.jpg

Sheenka
08-06-2010, 10:41 AM
how dare u telling me old fashioned :cursing:

Saifullah
08-06-2010, 10:43 AM
bale shuma old fashioned asti...

Sheenka
08-06-2010, 10:51 AM
thank u sir :@

Saifullah
08-06-2010, 11:06 AM
thank u madam

spogmai shaglay
08-06-2010, 01:20 PM
no
something like this

sorry... not related to thread.. but i just love the way the others come forward and see the falling ones...

Feroza Banu.....u haven't replied yet.. any ideas????? so we can take a start.....

Feroza_Banu
08-07-2010, 02:35 AM
sorry... not related to thread.. but i just love the way the others come forward and see the falling ones...

Feroza Banu.....u haven't replied yet.. any ideas????? so we can take a start.....

wassup girlfriend!!!!!!.... sorry again for a delayed reply...

here is wha i think we should do... i will make a thread right now and i will see who wants to participate and then we can from there.. :hug1"

spogmai shaglay
08-07-2010, 11:09 AM
Salamoona Feroza Wrandaar.....za kha yam....ta sanga ye...

no problem for delay inreply....will see the thread now....

Saifullah
08-08-2010, 05:19 PM
Here are pictures of the cake i made today, after a lot of experimenting i made a cake which is really soft and spongy....

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs112.ash2/38931_471404875128_501895128_6806797_4289798_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs266.snc4/39645_471405005128_501895128_6806801_2500596_n.jpg

Sheenka
08-08-2010, 05:23 PM
wow
really
thts great

Zarawar
08-08-2010, 05:28 PM
it's nice to see a cake on pashtunforums. Too much religious and ethnic bias makes me mentally exhausted. Wos no dase sha sheen chai sara da yow dwa dana yell ra josh ka..

Saifullah
08-08-2010, 05:38 PM
THE CAKE RECIPE for that cake i showed...

It doesn't matter if its not exact measurement but just get it close to it...

150g Plain flour
30g cornflour
1 teaspoon baking powder
175g castor sugar
175g melted butter
4 eggs
(1 teaspoon vanilla extract if u want)...

The way to do this...

Step 1: Get two bowls, in one put the 4 egg whites with 2/3rd of the sugar
In the other bowl put 4 egg yolks with 1/3rd of the sugar

Beat each one with an electric mixer, till the whites make a peak..and when yolks turn into light yellow colour and mixed properly

Step 2:

Combine the egg yolks and egg whites with spoon

Step 3:

Sift all the dry ingredients (flour, cornflour, baking powder) and mix with spoon properly

Step 4: Add the melted butter and mix till all ingredients are combined and if u want add the vanilla extract...

I used a convection oven, at 170 degrees for around 30 minutes or more....if u using standard oven increase the temperature to maybe 180....and check if cooked by putting a knife through the middle it should come out clean

Feroza_Banu
08-18-2010, 02:57 PM
I will be making rot (afghan rot) inshallah and i will post the recipe.

If you guys see a way to improve my recipe ; then please let me know...

Sheenka
08-18-2010, 04:06 PM
whats afghan rot>?

Feroza_Banu
08-18-2010, 04:13 PM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTawpzOFapHleG2-uonLxHq2MrVsiFNx9a2TtcKG9CRrb2yYrc&t=1&usg=__dq3FWoymN-K6oZC5m2HKe6tXGhI=

Something like this.

Sheenka
08-18-2010, 04:18 PM
thanks feroz sis

is that a cake?

Feroza_Banu
08-18-2010, 04:29 PM
^not quite... its not really a cake. it tastes a little bit different. it is something that is very popular amongst afghans. i can't spell it correctly in english but its called something like "roath"

almost all afghan stores have it.

Saifullah
08-18-2010, 04:32 PM
Yea rhot...its like a sweet bread, not like a cake (which contains raising agents)...more like a pizza base which has sugar in it...wat was ur recipe???

Sheenka
08-18-2010, 04:33 PM
i've near heard it before and i didnt even had it :(

im waiting for ur recipe :)

Sheenka
08-18-2010, 04:35 PM
hahah
got it now

root its like sweet bread :P its not cake
lol i used eat it a lot in when i was kid lolz

Saifullah
08-18-2010, 04:38 PM
yea root like root canal

Sheenka
08-18-2010, 04:40 PM
lol
it sounds like that

Saifullah
08-18-2010, 04:43 PM
it sounds more like rot but roooooooooh-t its pronounced

Sheenka
08-18-2010, 04:46 PM
yh lol u r clever

abubaker
08-18-2010, 05:01 PM
this thread will come in handy when I am in hostel again

abubaker
08-18-2010, 05:20 PM
computer games design/architectural visualisation

we shouldn't be derailing this thread

Feroza_Banu
09-17-2010, 03:51 PM
^sorry brother... i added something else but inshaALlah soon shorwa will come..

Thread updated :)

thankful85
09-17-2010, 04:06 PM
Ooh the okra looks delicious! My husband loves okra but not lamb but I assume I can make it just the same with beef.

I'm looking forward to learning shorwa as well.

Feroza_Banu
09-17-2010, 04:36 PM
^thank you. it came out very well. yes you can just use beef if he doesn't like lamb...

inshallah i will make shorwa soon..

u can also tell me what u really want to learn and i can make that first.

thankful85
09-17-2010, 05:35 PM
Shorwa
Qabuli pulou - I haven't gotten this down yet..it never comes out *right*.
Aush
Shola

I'm not picky...I'll appreciate anything and everything you post up!

Feroza_Banu
09-17-2010, 05:45 PM
Ok, inshaAllah i will make these and post them up ...

I will also inshaAllah post some deserts afghan deserts (gosh e feel, khatayee kulcha, salty kulcha, Roht, Firni, Sheer Birinj and etc)... inshaAllah

AnGaaR
09-17-2010, 05:45 PM
I've been waiting for Feroza khors shorwa as well.
plz show some pity, lagg rahm ra bandai wokei lol
she wil make the shorwa and i will have to eat it.. and i hate it :banghead: dont ask for shorwa plzzzzzzz:celebrate:

Feroza_Banu
09-17-2010, 06:05 PM
plz show some pity, lagg rahm ra bandai wokei lol
she wil make the shorwa and i will have to eat it.. and i hate it :banghead: dont ask for shorwa plzzzzzzz:celebrate:

:devilish: i will make shorwa tomorrow inshaAllah lol

Site is updated again!... check out Roht

Laila
09-17-2010, 06:11 PM
Feroza, i love how you give the directions very well. I am really bad with cook books but you explain it nice and simple :)

AnGaaR
09-17-2010, 06:56 PM
Ok feroza.. i m off tomorrow.. i wil go to qasim's home lol

Feroza, i love how you give the directions very well. I am really bad with cook books but you explain it nice and simple :)
sta kum kar sam da?

http://i39.tinypic.com/26p7m.jpg

Sheenka
09-17-2010, 07:16 PM
hahah angaar ur funny

Feroza_Banu
09-20-2010, 05:57 PM

thank you sweets... i am glad to be of any help...

Feroza_Banu
09-20-2010, 06:44 PM
^Thank you so much herati girl... I hope to inshaAllah post more dishes...

thankful85
09-20-2010, 06:54 PM
I made the kofta and palaw for dinner tonight - it smells delicious!! Thank you again, so much!

Feroza_Banu
09-20-2010, 07:04 PM
FEroza you should know i love them as well right?

of course i do... :hug1"
I made the kofta and palaw for dinner tonight - it smells delicious!! Thank you again, so much!

yay!... that is awesome... i am so happy to hear this :hug1"

u are welcome !

Feroza_Banu
09-30-2010, 01:31 AM
^thank you !

Hey Guys... i just added Halwa there... please go check it out! and give me ur feedbacks and ways to improve it.

IamDZJ
09-30-2010, 01:37 AM
that is not how i make my halwa... :hmmm: doesn't frying the sugar for it like that make it taste slightly bitter?

Feroza_Banu
09-30-2010, 01:48 AM
^not at all. just dont let it become veryy dark... once it about cherry brown add in the sooji and water/milk. it brings out the color so u don't have to over fry the sooji which could possibly make it taste bitter.

IamDZJ
09-30-2010, 02:07 AM
i have been frying the semolina and sugar together for as long as i can remember. i will try this next time and see what happens. thanks for lesson!

Feroza_Banu
09-30-2010, 02:16 AM
^my older sister makes halwa the way you do... yes try this one and see... let me know how it turned out

ur welcome :hug:

thankful85
10-05-2010, 07:17 AM
Ok this was delicious halwa! I usually don't even like halwa made with sooji but this was so good. Very different from the how my mother in law makes it. Their halwa is grainier ... this has a completely different texture.

Feroza_Banu
10-06-2010, 12:34 PM
^I am so glad u tried it and u liked it... yay!...

I have had the grainier halwa too but i like this texture better because i feel like its the halwa is cooked!...

Feroza_Banu
10-06-2010, 12:35 PM
oh AND stay tuned... i will add recipe for "gosh e feel" ... elephant ear and u can make this and surprise your in laws :)

thankful85
10-06-2010, 03:45 PM
Can't wait!

Feroza_Banu
10-06-2010, 05:42 PM
Gosh e feel is added... you guys check it out! :)

Master Khan
10-06-2010, 05:56 PM
Dodai kam da khorakai

Feroza_Banu
10-06-2010, 06:18 PM
^check out the other thread ... Sticky: Feroza Banu's cooking.

abubaker
10-06-2010, 07:17 PM
pa ma di dele ka khpal di trosa prekhai :fighting:

Feroza_Banu
10-06-2010, 07:25 PM
^lolll... os warzam delete kawam ye.

thank you lala!

abubaker
10-06-2010, 07:30 PM
his khabara na da

BABO

Feroza_Banu
10-06-2010, 07:35 PM
^ka khaista khaza ghwarre no zma da thread na cooking zda ka... poye shwe? nan saba dagha requirements dei lol

abubaker
10-06-2010, 07:51 PM
ei pa plar di rahmat sha aela si di nakhi mainz di auweshta lol

nah cooking me zda da nan mi ham pasta swazawali, hahaha

IamDZJ
10-06-2010, 09:13 PM
feroza uqa bora nakho ki mareez meshi khuda nakhasta.
abubakar mordi pushti zan. pesh az ey ki tarekhit ter shawa mumita bogo ki kodam khaista sheenkhalay baret paida kona.

don't listen to feroza. real men don't hang around the kitchen. :runaround:

abubaker
10-06-2010, 09:23 PM
abubakar mordi pushti zan. pesh az ey ki tarekhit ter shawa mumita bogo ki kodam khaista sheenkhalay baret paida kona.

au kandahari ast sar azo tasir na mikuna :evilgrin:

LOOOOOOOL

boro badaw, ma mazaq mikadom

kati dari kandi baghi at lol

AnGaaR
10-06-2010, 11:57 PM
Khalko.. za gharq shwum lol
Hara wraz chei dish pakhawei no za bayad chei worta wodaraigum aw axona wonisum.. da wokum hagha wokum..
feroza loves PF more than me :(... da kho kha kar nada lol

Feroza_Banu
10-07-2010, 12:51 AM
ei pa plar di rahmat sha aela si di nakhi mainz di auweshta lol

nah cooking me zda da nan mi ham pasta swazawali, hahaha

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL! hahaha... shabas de sa!... kha cooking dei zda karri dei... paam kawa che kor derna wanaswazei.. khudai de na kawei lol

LOLL... kulesha ba angaar mekhoranum... khudem yakisha aila ke bokhorom haha

Nako ne kaar e mara kharab nako... etor megi baz angaar ba kitchen katem komak na mekona!... :cryy:

au kandahari ast sar azo tasir na mikuna :evilgrin:

LOL wo kana!

Feroza you have to post more cooking threads. You are such a inspiring cook.

Thank you!... I am trying to post as much as possible :)

Khalko.. za gharq shwum lol
Hara wraz chei dish pakhawei no za bayad chei worta wodaraigum aw axona wonisum.. da wokum hagha wokum..
feroza loves PF more than me :(... da kho kha kar nada lol

:lal10: what???????????????... i can't hear u... no one else can either!... so stop complaining!

:devilish:

abubaker
10-07-2010, 12:51 PM
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL! hahaha... shabas de sa!... kha cooking dei zda karri dei... paam kawa che kor derna wanaswazei.. khudai de na kawei lol

LOLL... kulesha ba angaar mekhoranum... khudem yakisha aila ke bokhorom haha

Nako ne kaar e mara kharab nako... etor megi baz angaar ba kitchen katem komak na mekona!... :cryy:

LOL wo kana!

Thank you!... I am trying to post as much as possible :)

:lal10: what???????????????... i can't hear u... no one else can either!... so stop complaining!

:devilish:

in a kandibaghi accent... bepondanish

Master Khan
10-07-2010, 01:55 PM
there you go, I posted here, Feroza khorakai os khushala sha :).

Feroza_Banu
10-07-2010, 07:24 PM
^:) manena

abubaker
10-08-2010, 01:23 AM
khazi ham darta salam kawi lol

Feroza_Banu
10-08-2010, 02:40 PM
Feroza, Angaar must be one happy man.

Yes he is!..:wub:

I go mad when Feroza ignores me.

I didn't mean to ignore u shlombay!... more dishes are coming soon! :fighting:

good cooking sis.

thank you :)

Master Khan
10-08-2010, 06:38 PM
I go mad when Feroza ignores me.
hope your future wife don't ignore you lol.

Feroza_Banu
10-08-2010, 07:03 PM
bye for now :)

pukhtana
10-09-2010, 12:08 AM
Feroza I just wanted to say you are such a good cook and i wish i could learn like you. i was never taught.

Nora
10-09-2010, 02:28 PM
yea feroza banu if u share the recipe of ashak it wud be great
:)
keep it up

Feroza_Banu
10-13-2010, 07:03 PM
Feroza I just wanted to say you are such a good cook and i wish i could learn like you. i was never taught.

Thank you Pukhtana :hug:
u can try to follow my steps... u will learn inshaAllah

Feroza, when are new dishes coming khorey?

yes... i just added today!... Sheer Birinj!

yea feroza banu if u share the recipe of ashak it wud be great
:)
keep it up

Sure.. i will make ashak soon... inshallah

i haven't forgetten any requests...

1. shorwa
2. ashak

Feroza_Banu
10-13-2010, 07:03 PM
hey you guys... check it out... i added sheer birinj

Feroza_Banu
11-03-2010, 01:18 PM
^i always forget to take pictures... the other day i made qabooli for like 15 people and forgot to take pics... i remembered it at the end and i was like :(

but inshaAllah soon i will add more... i wonder if these recipes really help anyone or may be everyone here know cooking more than me ...? lol

Feroza_Banu
11-06-2010, 10:55 PM
Laghman King, Nazia: I am glad :). thanks.

Sheenka
11-09-2010, 12:39 PM
hey you guys... check it out... i added sheer birinj

where is that thread? :smile1:

Ghilzai
11-10-2010, 12:15 AM
^ You didn't mention the heat settings. High? Low? Medium/Medium Low?

unknownprince
11-10-2010, 01:28 AM
you forgot to mention 20 pounds of fat!!!

N.E rocker
11-10-2010, 02:47 PM
He he u could write a cookery book and with the kind of detail and pics u have gone into u should name it 'cooking for dummies':P
btw I am loving it,keep em coming!!!!!!!

afghan
11-10-2010, 05:55 PM
Feroza khor is Martha stewart of pashtun forum. thanx for posting your recipes.

Mr.Niazi
12-14-2010, 03:05 PM
thanks for posting recipes..

Sheenka
12-14-2010, 04:12 PM
Salam alaikumÖ Letís make halwa.

Halwa is made differently by everyone. You can cook it different ways. Today I would like to share this recipe I use to make halwa and it turns out very delicious. I use dried fruits because I really like dried fruits in halwa.

This is what you need:

Use a Glass for measurement and keep using the same glass when measuring the flour (sooji), sugar, and oil.

1 Glass Sooji Flour
1 Ĺ Glass Sugar (Full glasses, or you can add more later on if you desire)
ĺ Glass Oil. Make sure u use enough oil.
2 cups of mixed dried fruits. (Green raisons, pistachio, almonds).
Rose water (1 table spoon).
Cardamom.
4 glasses of water (u can use 4 glasses of milk too instead of water, it comes out so good with milk)

How to make:

Take one glass of Sooji Flour in a bowl and add in 4 glasses of water or milk.

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z247/AfG2KaBuL/Halwa/290820102114.jpg

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z247/AfG2KaBuL/Halwa/290820102112.jpg

Take a pan and add oil.

This is the glass I used.

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z247/AfG2KaBuL/Halwa/290820102116.jpg

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z247/AfG2KaBuL/Halwa/290820102117.jpg

Let the oil temperature rise and then add Ĺ glass of sugar. Donít stir donít mix, donít touch. Just let it cook in oil to change its color. Like this.

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z247/AfG2KaBuL/Halwa/290820102119.jpg

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z247/AfG2KaBuL/Halwa/290820102120.jpg

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z247/AfG2KaBuL/Halwa/290820102121.jpg

Now in hot oil pour the sooji that you soaked in 4 glasses of water.

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z247/AfG2KaBuL/Halwa/290820102122.jpg

Mix it.

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z247/AfG2KaBuL/Halwa/290820102123.jpg

Keep stiring it every two minutes and let it cook

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z247/AfG2KaBuL/Halwa/290820102124.jpg

Add the dried fruits when u see that it is almost cooked.

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z247/AfG2KaBuL/Halwa/290820102115.jpg

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z247/AfG2KaBuL/Halwa/290820102125.jpg

Add cardamom and rose water.

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z247/AfG2KaBuL/Halwa/290820102126.jpg

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z247/AfG2KaBuL/Halwa/290820102127.jpg

When you see all the water has evaporated, and halwa is sticky put it on dam on very low heat

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z247/AfG2KaBuL/Halwa/290820102128.jpg

Result:

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z247/AfG2KaBuL/Halwa/290820102129.jpg

I served with Parata:
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z247/AfG2KaBuL/Halwa/290820102130.jpg

Tips to remember:

Be very careful when pouring the sooji soaked in water in hot oil. Donít burn urself.
Keep stirring it very often to make sure the bottom of the pan doesnít burn.
Keep it for dam only about 15 minutes on low heat.
Add in shredded coconut for extra flavor

how comes the final product dont look like halwa?

Ghilzai
12-14-2010, 04:25 PM
ghilzai Feroza is going to kill you for starting a discussion in this thread.

I didn't start a discussion, I asked her about the heat settings of the recipe...

Ashiq
12-14-2010, 11:57 PM
This thread will make someone really happy.

Master Khan
12-18-2010, 12:02 PM
ummm.. thats looks lovely, My mum love watching these cooking shows etc lol.

Ashiq
12-18-2010, 10:51 PM
I think I am going to try to make the roat.

IamDZJ
02-05-2011, 02:02 PM
peroza khor ( hahaha, khor...) i mean, peroza khorey, teach me how to cook mainchey...i have always wanted to cook them but i don't know how to.

Feroza_Banu
02-08-2011, 01:54 PM
^lol... zoya, walaka me zda wei!... der awsila ghwarri da...

Sheenka
02-08-2011, 03:34 PM
^lol... zoya, walaka me zda wei!... der awsila ghwarri da...

what kind of of manchy?

Rehnaa
02-10-2011, 01:42 PM
informative cooking update

faye
03-19-2011, 06:12 AM
feroza_banu, what is sooji flour? the last halwa recipe is similar to how i make it, though less oil and is an indian style. i use semolina.
unfortunately, we don't get okra here and i love them. the recipe with the lamb sounds delish.

IamDZJ
03-19-2011, 11:07 AM
you are supposed to discuss it here http://www.pashtunforums.com/food-31/feroza-banus-cooking-discussion-thread-2907/index28.html
and suji is semolina

Feroza_Banu
03-21-2011, 03:44 PM
Can the mods bring the discussion posts from the sticky thread to this one please...?

pretty please?

Thanks

Admin Khan
03-23-2011, 12:32 AM
Can the mods bring the discussion posts from the sticky thread to this one please...?

pretty please?

Thanks

Done.

Feroza_Banu
03-23-2011, 04:55 PM
^thank you, thank you!