View Full Version : Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

afghangirlx
06-20-2010, 10:48 PM
How do you think Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi influenced his nation and what idea of his influenced the nation ?

AfghanSoulja
06-20-2010, 11:21 PM
Um your asking homework questions too directly, you just blew your cover .. Try saying "Gandhi was an idiot what do you people think" and people will give you pretty good answers,

Roshina
06-20-2010, 11:26 PM
Umm... I'm not sure if this is a good idea, khorey. I'm not discouraging you from turning to us for help by any means, but you should at least start a discussion on what the answers MIGHT be. You need to show us that you've done your part of studying and understanding.
I don't believe in doing other people's homework for them. It's unfair to you, to your studies, to your teacher, and to your classmates.

So... how do *you* think Gandhi influenced his people? No, wait, let's start at the basics: What do you know about Gandhi that is so great, that he is so admired for? (Again, no copying and pasting from others; I'm not gonna read it. I'm interested only in *your* thoughts.)

afghangirlx
06-20-2010, 11:34 PM
qrratugai i sent you a private message

Levanaye Zalmaye
06-21-2010, 12:40 AM
Gandhi was a man. He was born in India. He was an Indian man. Gandhi was 78 years old. He was a 78 year old Indian man. He did good thing. I like good things. Gandhi also liked good things. I am like Gandhi. Gandhi was bald. He was thin. I want to be thin but not bald. I am a 15 year old girl and I say nasty stuff about my friends behind their backs. Gandhi is on Wikipedia and Facebook.

- afghangirlx

PS: Do your homework yourself.

Michin Khel
06-21-2010, 08:33 AM
http://www.mypodcast.com/fmimage-4-351511.jpeg

MazloomyarMaseed
06-21-2010, 10:24 AM
Bacha Khan was betrayed by both, both Paakkistanis and Indians.

If he had listened to Mirza Ali Khan instead of promoting his non violence ideology, then we wouldnt be in this current state.

Kind regards

tor_khan
06-21-2010, 10:55 AM
Gandhi was a man. He was born in India. He was an Indian man. Gandhi was 78 years old. He was a 78 year old Indian man. He did good thing. I like good things. Gandhi also liked good things. I am like Gandhi. Gandhi was bald. He was thin. I want to be thin but not bald. I am a 15 year old girl and I say nasty stuff about my friends behind their backs. Gandhi is on Wikipedia and Facebook.

- afghangirlx

PS: Do your homework yourself.

:fighting:

I missed this earlier. You're mean. You're supposed to be helping!! Gandhi would NOT approve.

Baidariwal
06-21-2010, 11:01 AM
nARHkMVHPmQ

entertainment ki entertainment, homework ka homework :lal29:

spogmai shaglay
06-21-2010, 11:11 AM
India and Pakistan would still be under the British rule if it would not have been for him.......

tor_khan
06-21-2010, 11:32 AM
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." Gandhi.

spogmai shaglay
06-21-2010, 11:44 AM
i had thought some serious talk would go on in this thread guys... whats happening.....lets give our views about M.K.Gandhi.....

Yousafzai Pakhtun
06-22-2010, 12:33 AM
You must not lose faith in humanity...coz humanity is an ocean if a few drops of the ocean are dirty it doesn't mean whole of the ocean is dirty....Gandhi (The indian Ghaffar khan)

Yousafzai Pakhtun
06-22-2010, 03:41 AM
hmm... most of the western and indian writers has tried to prove that Bacha Khan was a follower of Ghandi jee and his non-violence....this observation is regrettable..Bacha khan has not borrowed his outlook from Ghandi or anyone else..he has reached it and reached it independently like a struggler after truth..no doubt his deep study of Quran has influenced his doctrine of love....
J.S wright in his booklet says:"of the two Ghaffar khan and Ghandi, my personal view is that the former has achieved a higher lever of sprituality. The Khan has reached heaven, while the Pandit is firmly on the earth but, ironically enought, the Mahatma is struggling in the air! Ghaffar khan, like shelley has come from heaven to the earth, while Mahatma Gandhi like Keats is going from earth to the heaven. Hence i do not understand why Ghaffar Khan should be called the Frontier Gandhi. There is no other reason except this that the Mahatma was earlier in the field, more ambitious than spritual and has been able to capture somehow or the other, a greater publicity. If we judge a person by spritual qualities, Mahatma Gandhi should rather be called the Indian Khan than Ghaffar Khan the Frontier Gandhi; true there the matter ends".

Jana
06-22-2010, 05:28 AM
How do you think Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi influenced his nation and what idea of his influenced the nation ?

What kind of influence you are talking about ? There can be two parts

1. During British rule

2. After partition and during partition period.

If you are asking about specifically about his influence over Indians then there are two kinds of groups one that supports him and one that is against him.

Levanaye Zalmaye
06-22-2010, 10:28 AM
:fighting:

I missed this earlier. You're mean. You're supposed to be helping!! Gandhi would NOT approve.

lol I felt bad too about doing that to the Mahatma! But she should know better than to ask us to do her homework for her. :hairy:

Gandhi is one of the most influential men in all of history. He influenced Bachaa Khan, Nelson Mandela, Martin Luther King Jr and many others throughout the world. He was not only very clever and intelligent but determined enough to die for his beliefs. Unfortunately, here in Pakistan, he is considered a villain. The 'O' Level history book by Ikram Rabbani refers to him as a "shrewd politician".

thelostone
06-22-2010, 10:45 AM
Gandhi was not as noble as some of you here think. I suggest you read Gandhi:Behind the Mask of Divinity written by G.B. Singh.

tor_khan
06-22-2010, 10:49 AM
There are few saints amongst the political types and Gandhi was flawed, but he inspired many and he mobilised the masses.

spogmai shaglay
06-22-2010, 11:39 AM
He was a famous indian known for hunger strikes and non violent movements.

M K Gandhi also Known as Bapu which means Father. he had two weapons..... they were SATYA (truth ) and AHINSA (non-violence)

spogmai shaglay
06-22-2010, 11:42 AM
Gandhi was not as noble as some of you here think. I suggest you read Gandhi:Behind the Mask of Divinity written by G.B. Singh.

i too agree what u have mentioned above.....thelostone....

but Nobody in this world is perfect..... all have flaws but what we should learn is to accept their qulaities and ignore their flaws...

spogmai shaglay
06-23-2010, 01:36 AM
Do people really call him Bapu in India?

he is called as Gandhijė but yes people call him Bapu also. If you have seen the movie 'LAGE RAHO MUNNA BHAI', he is called as bapu throughout the movie. If You haven not seen, See it once. Its worth.

єѕαρχαι
06-23-2010, 01:55 AM
if you despise all hindus equally click thanks

thelostone
06-23-2010, 11:04 AM
[QUOTE=Sher Khan;61012]if you despise all hindus equally click thanks[/QUOTE

This is not a very sensible thing to post. We have a Hindu member here and what you said is offensive. :awkward: