View Full Version : The Baloch Insurgency

tor_khan
03-24-2010, 05:53 PM
The Baloch Insurgency doesn't make international headlines in the way that matters in Pakhtunkhwa and Afghanistan does.

What is the status of Pashtoons in Balochistan - are they pro-insurgency or indifferent?

Also, I hear that Pashtoons in the army tend to be deployed to do the government's work in Balochistan.

This can't be good for Pashtoon-Baloch relations.

Dinosaur Khan
03-24-2010, 06:27 PM
pashtuns of balochistan are with balochs in demanding rightful rights for their province.
Balochs leaders have also no problem in giving up pashtun areas of their province.
But the separatist groups like BLA are trouble-makers, they are shooting punjabi civilians in quetta who are living there because of pashtuns. These killing of punjabis is making pashtuns angry.
BLA i think have also claim quetta as their city.

BLS_1919v2.0
03-24-2010, 06:50 PM
Pashtuns in baluchistan do not consider themselves as Pakistani at all.
I know a few of them, they either want their own country or claim to be Afghan.

In fact being called a Pakistani in baluchistan is an insult and a joke. Especially in Quetta.

Sir/Madam every Pashtun is an Afghan, so its not a claim. :-)

BLS_1919v2.0
03-24-2010, 06:54 PM
only the Afghans from Afghanistan say that.

Go check the work of chaudhry rehmat ali the man who came up with the nick you have. Also, check the domiciles if pashtuns east of the durand line. It is clearly written Afghan. So again no. Nice try though :-)

Dinosaur Khan
03-24-2010, 06:59 PM
A good article reflecting pashtun-baloch relationships in balochistan

http://www.pakspectator.com/pashtun-baloch-relations-in-balochistan/

BLS_1919v2.0
03-24-2010, 07:08 PM
before I even respond,

Are Tajiks and Uzbeks also Afghans?

Loll are you for real? Look that is like saying are Chechens and ossetians not russians? Obviously Afghan is an ethnic identity and a citizenship. It is inclusive. Just as one can be an ethnic russian and a citizen of Russia. It is common sense really. Even Iqbal mentioned Pashtuns as Afghans in his work and speeches.

BTW we are diverting from the real issue. I merely pointed out a fact. Now to the baloch issue. This is not the first insurgency and looking from the attitude from the army and ISI, it hasn't changed.