View Full Version : Kabul to Mazar photos

torkham
04-17-2012, 03:31 PM
I travelled from kabul to Mazar in April 2012. The photos are in my photo album. Please have a look.

torkham
04-17-2012, 03:52 PM
Purpose of my visit was to sort out my tazkara.
Getting hold of a tazkara without having a tazkara number/holder in person who is directly related to you is almost impossible, according to a respectable dagarwal saeb I know in Kabul, because so many foreigners from east and west of afghanistan are trying to procure afghan nationality for the purpose of emigrating to the west on grounds of instability in afghanistan. government has issued very strict guidelines to prevent fraudulent acquisition of afghan nationality. i did not manage to acquire my tazkara. basically without blood relative's tazkara, no one can get hold of documents. of course jaili one's can be made, but you know what will happen once these are discovered to be fakes (Afghan prisons are no fun).
will be going back again in summer and drag a relative from zabul or nuristan to kabul and sort it out.

apart from that, nothing on this earth compares to the beauty of Afghanistan.

torkham
04-17-2012, 03:54 PM
no. not to kunar. just straight out of kabul, through shamali, up salang, down salang, to samangan, throught tashkurgan and then to mazar. flew back to kabul as i ran out of time.

i'll let you know when in the summer i travel again.

Afghanistan2010
04-17-2012, 04:04 PM
Then you have the drama,to Kabul to Paktia to Kabul to Paktia,and everywhere you need stamps of someone else,and everywhere the word borro.

MashaAllah nice pictures.

torkham
04-17-2012, 04:19 PM
i dont need no drama . . . i suffered enough drama this week. tazkara, dagarwal, ministry of interior . . . to be honest my pashto and dari gives it away that i am from away. i am frankly afraid of travelling to zabul, our qariya is next to oruzgan vilayat, i aint going there. nuristan, forgeddabout it. these places are crawling with lowlife's who are willing to kill their kith and kin just to show their disquiet at westerners.
seriously, i have no alternative, i will have to go to zabul. on my last day I discovered a member of the shura called zalmai zabuli lives in kabul and he is my next line of contact to help me. he might have sympathy for a fellow zabuli in a predicament.

Khostai
04-18-2012, 07:42 AM
I don't know where you live Torkham but in Belgium if you go to Afghan Ambassey and fill in a form plus a copy of taskera of your father or other relative, they gona send those forms to kabul and make there taskera for you. But you must have someone there in Kabul that have to do some stuff and bla bla... And then they can send it back to you, so you don't have to travel personaly to get one.....

torkham
04-18-2012, 11:14 AM
I don't know where you live Torkham but in Belgium if you go to Afghan Ambassey and fill in a form plus a copy of taskera of your father or other relative, they gona send those forms to kabul and make there taskera for you. But you must have someone there in Kabul that have to do some stuff and bla bla... And then they can send it back to you, so you don't have to travel personaly to get one.....

I know, true. Unfortunately I don't have my father's tazkara, he passed away in AF and I never found his tazkara. So I have to use number from another close relative . . as you say . . do stuff and bla bla plus borro etc. I live in Dubai, so it was easy to get to Kabul.

Khostai
04-18-2012, 11:42 AM
^ Ow oke... But at least you had a great time the pictures are really nice.

Haris
06-28-2012, 07:30 PM
Some incredible images there.

Thank you for sharing them.

Hakim Khan Urgonai
06-28-2012, 07:36 PM
I want a taksira, God knows how I'll get it.

Nice pictures.

Breshna
06-28-2012, 08:56 PM
Mashallah very...nice.

Did you feed the...birds?