View Full Version : Salamoona

thelostone
06-18-2010, 04:16 PM
Salamoona

I just joined you guys, went through some of the threads here and I must say this is a great initiative taken by whoever started this forum.

Someone named shlombay, along with a compliment had put up this web page's address on my blog, I guess it was his/her marketing strategy to promote this forum:tongue:, nevertheless,I found this great and I am sure to pick some Pashtu and learn something about my bygone culture here.

I am not as Pashtun as the rest of you here and if your wondering what this means, let me put it this way...I am an Indian with an Afghan/Pashtun decent and like most Indian Pashtuns I am a Yousufzai. Thats about me briefly.

I hope my stay here helps me revive the language and culture. Looking forward to learn a lot from this forum.

Feroza_Banu
06-18-2010, 04:25 PM
walaikum salam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pa khair raghle (welcome)

thank you for joining pashtunforums... this place is great. feel at home and i am sure after a while u will really think u have another family here... pashtunforum family :)

there is no notion of "as much pashtoon" u are pashtoon by lineage and thats all that matters to be a pashtun lol... but its really not a requirement to be in this website. we have great members here from all over the world from different backgrounds...

now that u are here... here is a cup of green tea (shnai chai)
http://thequintessential.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/green-tea.jpg

thelostone
06-18-2010, 04:35 PM
Manena for your heartfelt welcome and for the chai.

Laila
06-18-2010, 04:49 PM
Awwww....you are not lost when you come here....everyone is a new discovery :hug1"

Welcome to the PF family :runaround: Please enjoy being here, dont be shy and post plenty

thelostone
06-18-2010, 05:02 PM
Thanks Laila. I'd rather say for me its going to be a rediscovery. And I don't literally mean anything by 'thelostone'. I had to put up something there as a username rite.

thelostone
06-18-2010, 05:07 PM
Welcome to the family. it was to have you bless us with your excessive knowledge.

welcome bro. Stay active.

Thanks for that Shlombay
A correction: I m a female.

Marwat
06-18-2010, 05:26 PM
welcome here bhaaji.

aap kai aanay say hum sab khush ho gai.

Abdali
06-18-2010, 05:39 PM
Welcome mate.

we have a member from Mumbai I believe. She can guide you. :)

Pakhtunzai
06-18-2010, 06:19 PM
Salaam sister, I am exactly in your case too except we are in Punjab, Pakistan. Welcome here its nice to know that I'm not alone:)

Shayesta
06-18-2010, 06:59 PM
Welcome khorey (sister)! I personally will try my best to use some Pukhto (Pashtu) words and then translate it in English for you, it won't be fair to bomb you with Pukhto basics. :P

Any help regarding anything, we got some great members who will be more than happy to help and please, feel free to post or discuss anything you like and tell us more about yourself. :)

AnGaaR
06-18-2010, 07:43 PM
Welcome
pakhair raghlai
ahaln wa sahlan
kamastaka
khush amadeid
namastai :D

http://i39.tinypic.com/wafuys.jpg

Son of Mountains
06-18-2010, 10:48 PM
:welcome:at our great family
we all are one nation either in Afghanistan, Pakistan, India or anywhere else.
Hope you ll enjoy staying with us

Admin Khan
06-18-2010, 10:51 PM
Hi,

Welcome to PF.

Enjoy your stay.

Nokia_Apridy
06-18-2010, 11:42 PM
Wc to Pashtun Foruns

we have many professors here. We have instructor Tor khan who teaches Pashto. Instructor Osho. We have Pukhtuns,Hindus,Indians,Afghans,Pakistanis and members from all reliions.

thelostone
06-19-2010, 02:19 AM
Namastay,

Welcome

thanks...I am wondering what 'hindupashtun' means....just curious.

din
06-19-2010, 02:22 AM
welcome..

thelostone
06-19-2010, 03:08 AM
oh wow. I did know that there were Hindus residing in Afghanistan but that they are also Pashtuns was not known to me. Are you an Indian now?

thelostone
06-19-2010, 03:18 AM
Well, no I am not a Hindu. I am a Muslim hailing from the Yousufzai tribe, which is supposedly is one of the largest among Pashtun tribes . My forefathers had come to India almost 100 years ago. My great grand father served in the Nizam's army, the then rulers of Hyderabad, so thats how we settled here.

*Mahzala*
06-19-2010, 03:22 AM
Welcome to the forum TheLostOne. Your presence is most welcome here and we look very forward to your activity and participation here. If there is anything we can help with, do not hesitate to ask. We are more than happy and willing to be of assistance to you.

Shlombay, thumbs up to you too.

spogmai shaglay
06-19-2010, 12:34 PM
Assalamalaikum thelostone.... welcome to our family.... Niceto see somebody from India .............i am from India tooooo. In Bombay...

thelostone
06-19-2010, 02:25 PM
Assalamalaikum thelostone.... welcome to our family.... Niceto see somebody from India .............i am from India tooooo. In Bombay...

Wasalam. Finally, found the Mumbaikar I was told about :hug1"

I hope your post is not read by any Shiv Sainiks or MNS...they would sue you for calling the place 'Bombay'. :tongue: ;)

spogmai shaglay
06-19-2010, 02:30 PM
Wasalam. Finally, found the Mumbaikar I was told about :hug1"

I hope your post is not read by any Shiv Sainiks or MNS...they would sue you for calling the place 'Bombay'. :tongue: ;)

Oh come on....dont u support pakistan when it comes to cricket? its not that i dont support India but in cricket my fav.team in Pakistan.... India is my country and i love India but i love swat as wel........but when it comes to cricket... its pakistan... and i aint sacred of shiv sainiks and MNS at all...

anyways its nice to find somebody from India... so far i was the only one.... really happy to see you here.....

do you speak pashtu???

thelostone
06-19-2010, 02:45 PM
Oh come on....dont u support pakistan when it comes to cricket? its not that i dont support India but in cricket my fav.team in Pakistan.... India is my country and i love India but i love swat as wel........but when it comes to cricket... its pakistan... and i aint sacred of shiv sainiks and MNS at all...

anyways its nice to find somebody from India... so far i was the only one.... really happy to see you here.....

do you speak pashtu???

no i don't. I just know a few words here and there but could never speak whole sentences as such. And cricket...well i have no interest in the game...U might think what kind of an Indian is she who doesn't like cricket. I m never glued to the TV set during the matches ....but every time our men in blue play its but natural for me to wish that India wins.
And that Shiv Saink and MNS thing was just a joke...

spogmai shaglay
06-19-2010, 02:55 PM
no i don't. I just know a few words here and there but could never speak whole sentences as such. And cricket...well i have no interest in the game...U might think what kind of an Indian is she who doesn't like cricket. I m never glued to the TV set during the matches ....but every time our men in blue play its but natural for me to wish that India wins.
And that Shiv Saink and MNS thing was just a joke...

ohhh even i took it as a joke...i too never spoke pashtu but am learning pashtu here... you can join please if you are interested or rather i feel we should learn our language and keep it alive....You will find lessons in Pasthu language section... and believe me people here are just great... all will be ready to help you to learn....and if you have more pakhtun friends please invite t hem here as there is a great nee d to revive our culture in India tooo...........

Khan Gul
06-19-2010, 03:15 PM
Welcome to PF Thelostone! You know what? About 17 years ago, I was in Makkah for Umra and there I met a Pashtun from Hyderabad, India. His name was Sardar Mohiuddin Khan. Although he did not know a single word of Pashtu language but I was surprised to see the pride he was feeling for being a Pashtun. And he surprised me still more when he mentioned he was from the famous family of Syed Jamal-ud-Din Afghani.
Welcome again :)

tor_khan
06-19-2010, 08:18 PM
TheLostOne - Pa Khair Raghley.

Welcome to the PashtunForums Family.

Palwasha
06-20-2010, 06:34 PM
Welcome to PF! :woot: