View Full Version : Homework help?

NorthernLights
02-28-2012, 11:06 PM
Today I got an assignment in my English class and I would like some help with it from you guys. The assignment is to choose a topic on a crime, criminal or mystery that interests me, and give a speech on it to the class aided by a power point presentation. What I need you guys to do is to give me ideas on who or what I should pick to write a speech on. Now I realize that this really doesn't have anything to do with what this forum's purpose is but come on, give a girl a break! Oh and I might have put this in the wrong category so my apologies in advance.

Gulalai
02-28-2012, 11:09 PM
don't worry we're here to help (:
does the crime have to be specific to something? does it have to be something that went to court and everything? does it have to be recent? :P

کیش
02-28-2012, 11:12 PM
Why don't you do it on the mystery of the Northern lights? Why does it look green for, what is it's significance.

If you have an accent: To make your views more clearer, make sure to enunciate each word during the presentation.

Gulalai
02-28-2012, 11:19 PM
kais thats not a crime >.<

IamDZJ
02-28-2012, 11:25 PM
do it on the elphinstone's army massacre. chances of anyone else having done it on this subject are less. it will be interesting because many of the others students probably haven't heard of the incident and you will learn more about your own country.

Adam
02-28-2012, 11:27 PM
Smoking herb

Talal
02-28-2012, 11:35 PM
Today I got an assignment in my English class and I would like some help with it from you guys. The assignment is to choose a topic on a crime, criminal or mystery that interests me, and give a speech on it to the class aided by a power point presentation. What I need you guys to do is to give me ideas on who or what I should pick to write a speech on. Now I realize that this really doesn't have anything to do with what this forum's purpose is but come on, give a girl a break! Oh and I might have put this in the wrong category so my apologies in advance.

it depends, who your audience is and what their age group is..Grade 10 students might not be that interested in world issues and you may need a topic that intrigues everybody. I would suggest looking at which country you live in and perhaps discussing a controversial law or something .. Focus though, on what interests everybody not just you

An example would be, if you are living in canada there was a recent case in court where the child custody people wanted to put this woman in a hospital during her pregnancy because she was an alcoholic and her babies had the alcohol syndrome..the human right groups sparked a debate that child custody had no right to do that because under the Canadian Supreme Court ruling on abortion back in 1990 the verdict was that canadian law did not recognize the fetus and therefore it had no rights, the mother did that is until the child was born..again I don't know if this is in your comfort zone, but its something that i was reading about recently

Why don't you do it on the mystery of the Northern lights? Why does it look green for, what is it's significance.

If you have an accent: To make your views more clearer, make sure to enunciate each word during the presentation.

They usually call it the aurora, I was working on this mine excavation project (Intern student) way up north like "hudson bay - polar bear" north..you could actually see the aurora every night..and they aren't just green man..also the myth is you are supposed to whistle if you see them at night and they supposedly change shape..not much truth to it since I tried it..its one of those things you gotta see, no picture can describe it

NorthernLights
02-28-2012, 11:36 PM
don't worry we're here to help (:
does the crime have to be specific to something? does it have to be something that went to court and everything? does it have to be recent? :P

Lol thanks. No and no, it just has to be well known enough for me to be able find information on it.

NorthernLights
02-28-2012, 11:36 PM
DZJ Where was that answer when I asked you 2 days ago? And Talaal I'm in grade 11 thank you very much, but thanks for the advice.

IamDZJ
02-28-2012, 11:40 PM
1:30, monday morning?? my brain had retired for the day.:ashamed:

Gulalai
02-28-2012, 11:40 PM
do it on that guy who got executed and people believed he was wrongly accused lol you can never go wrong with racism (:S! that sounded terrible but you know what i mean) then that way you can talk about crime and controversy

orrr do it on the megaupload guy who got sentenced to 50 years then you can talk about the law and make references to SOPA and you can mention the fact that he got way more years than that other guy who murdered some lady :S

Talal
02-28-2012, 11:44 PM
i updated my post with an example to give you an idea, although in grade 11 i would probably go with " Should there be a witch hunt for Rebecca Black ? "

NorthernLights
02-28-2012, 11:50 PM
Lol!

Al Hanif
02-29-2012, 04:50 AM

There's plenty of ideas. Here are some.

If you're more into "family things" : Your sister once admitted she murdered chickens.

If you're more into "history things" : Gunfight at the O.K. Corral. (there was an excellent western movie about it called Tombstone)

If you're more into "gore things" : The Albert Fish case : child rapist and cannibal, engaged in sadomasochism, killed and cooked boys and girls,...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Fish

But you'll have all my respect if you make a presentation about Obongo.

Admin Khan
02-29-2012, 12:11 PM
Why don't you tell me what interests you? Speak about something you enjoy, that way you could appear genuinely interested. Think of a category, and have a presentation about criminals, or a particular crime in that category.

For instance, if I was interested in technology, I would offer a presentation about people who thrive off of stealing information from innocent users. There was recently somebody in New York, who stole thousands of credit card numbers of tourists in Manhattan. He had some sort of a device, embedded in an ATM machine, that would capture his pin number, etc,etc.

Do something that makes you happy, and that would enjoy speaking about. If you can't see yourself being energetic with your topic, it will be a disaster. Good luck, and do let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Best,

_

Admin Khan
03-04-2012, 10:21 PM
How did it go?

NorthernLights
03-04-2012, 10:47 PM
Well Mr. Admin sir, the topic of my presentation was found not in this thread but in fact in another thread. I do not remember the guy's name but he made a post about a lion named Marjan, and long story short, I was very inspired.

Thank you all for your replies. It was very much appreciated.