View Full Version : 365 Commandments to Success

spogmai shaglay
06-15-2010, 01:04 PM
Friends... would like to share with you something which i read everyday....

got a gift from a friend which contains 365 commandments to success...kept at my table.....everyday before beginning to work i read the one for that day...

first one goes like this...

1) Remember, to WIN is simple; take just one more step when all the OTHERS have quit.

spogmai shaglay
06-17-2010, 11:43 AM
2) LEARN to accept praise without suggesting you don't deserve it..

spogmai shaglay
06-18-2010, 12:16 PM
3) If you are not PROUD of telling people where you WORK or for whom, consider changing your job....

Badlun
06-18-2010, 10:46 PM

got a gift from a friend which contains 365 commandments to success...kept at my table.....everyday before beginning to work i read the one for that day...

1) Remember, to WIN is simple; take just one more step when all the OTHERS have quit.
I dont dont understand this one ,,when all other quit!!!!!!

spogmai shaglay
06-19-2010, 08:31 AM
I dont dont understand this one ,,when all other quit!!!!!!

what does it take to make a winner????????????
winners dont do different things but they do things differently.....
whats the difference between the one who takes 1st position in a race and the one who takes second???????

only one step......

winners need only that one extra step to be called as winners,,,

by saying 'when others quit ' doesn't mean when others quit the job... i dont know in what context you took it.... but it means when others give up or when others just dont want to go ahead(there could be many reasons of not going ahead like job dissatisfaction) then one should take an extra step and go ahead to be a winner, you dontgive upeven when others give up.............

it is said that if u want to stand out from others in your workplace give in a little extra effort...... do a little more than what is expected from you.....

spogmai shaglay
06-19-2010, 01:10 PM
There are no FAILURES in life, if you can learn from the MISTAKES that you make.....

spogmai shaglay
06-20-2010, 12:19 PM
Dont ask your FRIENDS how you LOOK..... they think too much of you to TELL you the truth...

spogmai shaglay
06-21-2010, 12:55 PM
What qualities do you like and admire in your friends? Acquire them. PRACTICE then. Make them your own.....

spogmai shaglay
06-22-2010, 12:44 PM
Never underestimate you abilities.... You are CAPABLE of things UNDREAMED of...

spogmai shaglay
06-23-2010, 12:50 PM
What do you mean by this one. I dont get it.:angel1:

tell me Nazia....how much do we look upon our friends????? after some time do u really bother how our friends look... whether they are beautiful, ugly or what????
no it doesnt matter at all when u reach a stage in friendship where looks dont matter at all...its only the heart of ur friend, the feeling for ur friend and their behaviour towards us is that matters... ]

in that case if your friend asks you how does he or she look......to you he or she may look beautiful or handsome cause now their feelings and the beauty of their heart starts reflecting on their faces and we dont see anything wrong with them....

they look as beautiful to us as their hearts.....you will say all good things to your friend about what he/she looks which somebody else wont because they dont know our friends the way we know them......... hence never ask a friend how you look... because theythink too muchof us to tell us the truth....

hope i make sense.....

spogmai shaglay
06-24-2010, 11:25 AM
REMEMBER, the best things in life are appreciated most, after they have been LOST.....

spogmai shaglay
06-25-2010, 11:52 AM
REMEMBER, the best things in life are appreciated most, after they have been LOST.....

Wake up and realize what best things you have before they are lost (i mostly refer to people here rather than things).....

We humans have a tendency to take things for granted that we get easily, and realize it importance only after we lose it.....

don't wait for you to realize in the end that you were just running behind collecting stones when you had a diamond with you throughout your life......

spogmai shaglay
06-25-2010, 11:57 AM
Remember, TRUTH if found in FACTS as well as in feelings!!!!!!!!1111

spogmai shaglay
06-27-2010, 12:02 PM
I dont get this part Spoghmai

Remember, TRUTH if found in FACTS as well as in feelings!!!!!!!!

TRUTH is found in fact is self explanatory.......

but In feelings????? do we always wait for some proof to believe in something... many a times yes...... but a few times we know that something is true or right.... may be how somebody feels for you.... say your family....or your friends.... they dont have to prove it to you thy love you.......

sometime you know by the way you feel that its right, its correct, its the truth because deep in your heart you feel it...may be the innocence of somebody... even though there are facts proving them to be guilty we still have a feeling that its not the truth and many a times this feeling is 100% correct....... what makes us feel that truth.... our feelings....

i can elaborate more on it Samima, if its still not understood....:smile1:

spogmai shaglay
06-27-2010, 12:10 PM
Whether its business or personal relationship, REMEMBER that nothing is as important as TRUST....

spogmai shaglay
06-28-2010, 11:51 AM
Without trust nothing is possible.
Relationships and friendships are based on trust.

it takes a lot to trust but very little to break a trust!!!!!!!!!!!

spogmai shaglay
06-28-2010, 11:53 AM
WELCOME everything that comes to you, but do not LONG for anything else.....

so easy to say but so difficult to follow......

spogmai shaglay
06-29-2010, 10:53 AM
Keep your mind curious, your heart PURE and your enthusiasm twelve inches TALLER than you are!!!!!!!!!!!!

spogmai shaglay
07-01-2010, 01:30 AM
what does this mean.

WELCOME everything that comes to you, but do not LONG for anything else.....

Jasmine,, It means that whatever is coming into your lives.. keep your doors open, welcome it, accept it......but dont wait for any more things to come....let them come by themselves.....dont wait for anything... like we have longing for so many things.. people long for appreciation, people long for fame, people long for money, or any materialistic things.... accept all things coming into your lives but dont long for anything more

hence i said its so easy to say but so difficult to follow...... we as human long for so many things.... we dont stop hoping and we should not...

two aspects of this positive and negative....

positive is that we should also learn to be content with what we have..... it is said that dont burn your hut seeing somebody's palace...but also just dont be content with your hut, work to improve....

negative is that if u stop hoping, waiting or longing for things you wont progress...........

spogmai shaglay
07-01-2010, 11:55 AM
Shlombay and deathmatch..... your appreciation really means a lot.....it really encourages and motivates me to just go ahead...........i really hope that members here read these post atleast once as i have learned a lot from them and still learning and it has helped me change my attitude towards, myself, my family, my friends, my life, my work and a lot of other things... knowledge grows only when it is spread....it is one of the things which will never reduce how much ever you give it away....it only grows.....hence i want my family here to take full advantage of this and improve themselves and every aspect of their lives.... nobody is perfect nor everybody's life is perfect, . there is always scope for improvement or change for good... i am trying to make a difference in my life as well as my people's life here....

spogmai shaglay
07-01-2010, 12:02 PM
Everything in life is possible for HIM who believes in HIMSELF.........

spogmai shaglay
07-02-2010, 03:44 AM
you mean having confidence right?

Yes Hindupashtun,,, i mean confidence and belief that if you have chosen to do something you can do it.... you are the best person to know whther that work can be done or not... its not right now about failuer or success.... it takes a lot to just take a decision of staring something.. the initial push takes a lot of thinking... people fail here when they just dont want to try.......only when we try can we know where we lack and can we improve on it further..........

belief and trust in oneself is very important... if u think and believe that you can do something... you can definitely do it.... nobody can stop you from doing it.... even success.. you think you will succeed, definitely you will succeed because now you know you have to work towards success... if we have that negative thing in our mind that whatever do , howmuch ever we try its not possible, will never make anything possible to you....cause now unconsciously you work towards being unsuccessful... cause you have a feeling that whatever i do this work is not possible.....

rather than trusting anybody......trust Allah and then trust yourself... anybody will betray you but you will never betray yourslef!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spogmai shaglay
07-02-2010, 03:45 AM
Spoghmai when is new ones coming?
here it goes...........

If You want to help SOMEONE, give them practical help.................

spogmai shaglay
07-02-2010, 03:50 AM
spoghmai I read all ur posts here and everywhere keep it up
Waziristan,,, its my great plaeure to have you and all other members here in my thread..

i believe in group learning... learning together makes a lot of difference....and when especialy its concerning our lives... i want all my members here to live a good, healthy and beautiful life. with all the beautiful relations that they desire.....i want to see all at their peaks of success...... which is of course in our hands... we all just need a change in attitude... and we also know all things required to be successful but we dont apply them.. so its as good as not having the knowledge at all.......

i too look forward to see you all here more often..

spogmai shaglay
07-05-2010, 04:04 AM
Take a moment to REMEMBER that happiness lives in the small moments and little delights of our 'Everyday' Life.....

spogmai shaglay
07-05-2010, 06:31 AM
I agree and to add you never know what you have until you lose it.
very True Nazia.... and when we realize its importance its tooo late.......
we always take people and things that we possess for granted and realize their importance after losing them when its tooooooooo late and when we cant undo the harm.......

spogmai shaglay
07-06-2010, 12:25 PM
REMEMBER, your potential is determined by your DREAMS, your value is determined by your actions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also,

If you want your dreams to come true, don't OVERSLEEP

wake up and start working towards making your dream come true!!!!!!!!!!

spogmai shaglay
07-07-2010, 01:16 PM
When You know you are WRONG, don't be STUBBORN and don't stay that way!!!!!!!!!!!!

Khan Gul
07-07-2010, 01:54 PM
Spogmai Bibi,
Every single quote completely monopolized my attention and the way you explained some of them still further increased the broad vistas of its beauty.
I am new here but before I posted my first post on PF, I spent over a month reading a good deal here and I must say I take pride and joy in young generation of Pukhtun women. After profound despair, they now introduce me to a first faint note of hope. Keep it that way Wrerey!

amna.
07-07-2010, 06:32 PM
Spoghmai how kind of you sharing this.

I read all the pages keep it coming.

spogmai shaglay
07-08-2010, 01:18 PM
Never CONSIDER someone a PRIORITY, when to him or her you are just a Convenience!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spogmai shaglay
07-08-2010, 01:20 PM
When You know you are WRONG, don't be STUBBORN and don't stay that way!!!!!!!!!!!!

its alright to accept if we go wrong somewhere..this is what people find most difficult to accept..... their mistake.... if we accept our mistake it shows our attitude that we are ready to change and learn what is correct....its nothing to do with inferiority or superiority.......we always learn from our mistakes....and if we dont accept our mistakes we will never learn....

spogmai shaglay
07-08-2010, 01:24 PM
Spogmai Bibi,
Every single quote completely monopolized my attention and the way you explained some of them still further increased the broad vistas of its beauty.
I am new here but before I posted my first post on PF, I spent over a month reading a good deal here and I must say I take pride and joy in young generation of Pukhtun women. After profound despair, they now introduce me to a first faint note of hope. Keep it that way Wrerey!

Khan Gul... manana for reading these posts......when some one poses a question that they haven't understood some quotes, i try my best to explain them.......

i hope i do justice to these beautiful and meaningful quotes...

spogmai shaglay
07-09-2010, 11:19 AM
REMEMBER when you live by your values, DECISIONS come easily.....

amna.
07-09-2010, 03:47 PM
In success, patience is necessary. Patience is a virtue.

spogmai shaglay
07-10-2010, 10:30 AM
In success, patience is necessary. Patience is a virtue.

Success isnt possible without Patience....

success isnt achieved at one go.....there are failures too... patience is required to go on and on.....the one's who continue inspite of failure and thrive to succeed are real winners...

God has promised success but not easy pathway to success....

Failures are stepping stones to succees...

spogmai shaglay
07-10-2010, 11:55 AM
Listen carefully, especially when YOU and someone you love passionately, DISAGREE....

spogmai shaglay
07-12-2010, 11:46 AM
When you POINT out a problem, be ready to OFFER a few solutions....

spogmai shaglay
07-14-2010, 01:05 PM
Don't think that the world owes you something, we are all DEBTORS....

eyeliner
07-14-2010, 03:01 PM
^^ true

spogmai shaglay
07-17-2010, 12:58 PM
Never CONSIDER someone a PRIORITY, when to him or her you are just a Convenience!!!!!!!!!!!!!

have you heard people being called as door mats????? it happens when we make our selves too available to people......
it isnt about not making yourself available when someone needs you the most.....but when they can do things without you but still they want you to do their work.....

we should learn to say 'NO' at right times....

never go ahead to help somebody at the cost of your work being pending....this way we make the other person realize that we arent available anytime and everytime they want us....never make such people your priority or never give such people preference when they think about you or contact you only when they have some work with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we go ahead helping such people, continue being door mats thinking that they think too much about us hence they contact us when they need us...but we just end up being fools.......

no mistake me, thinking that i am talking about our friends... we go a long way for our friends when they need us....but many a times we end up being door mats to them tooooooooooooo...

spogmai shaglay
07-18-2010, 05:30 AM
REMEMBER when you live by your values, DECISIONS come easily.....

Values are moral principals we follow......They are standards that we consider important....
who sets these standards or values for us????????? Its our parents during the initial year so our lives....but then it is us who set values for ourselves....

i would say, that there few people who have values set for themselves... and even fewer to follow the values that they have set for themselves....

there are people who are poor decision makers or need somebody's help to take every decision in their lives....if we live by our moral principals we can make decisions easily as we know whats wrong and whats right for us (what i consider wrong might be right for and vice versa)........

decisions taken by abiding by our values need not always be good decisions...need not always lead to the fullfillment or achievements of ourgoals....but in the end we wont regret that we deviated ourselves from our values...

there would be many who would sacrfice their values for success....but there are still a fewer ones who abide bytheir values and their lives revolve around them.....in the long run there will be success kissing the feet of such people....

spogmai shaglay
07-18-2010, 02:05 PM
Listen carefully, especially when YOU and someone you love passionately, DISAGREE....

Lending a good ear in any and every relations is very important especially when the relation means a lot to us.....

there would be many people who would hear us but wont Listen to us...

when we are heard, we want to know what our listener feels about our views or feelings......

when it comes to the person we love, then we have to be extra carefull,,, listen and understand their point of view.....usually we tend to blindly agree with the ones we love but if we disagree then the problem arises...the realtionship shouldnt be affected by individual's view or perspective of a person or a situation....

Respect is the key.... we should learn to respect each other's view even though we dont agree to them........

spogmai shaglay
07-20-2010, 12:10 PM
Don't think that the world owes you something, we are all DEBTORS....

What are our expectations from the WORLD??????????
endless....

Have we ever asked ourselves what have we given the world, our country our people?????

What has the world given to you???????Nothing???????
Think about......

The world has given us a lot.....its just that we don't realize and don't have the attitude of gratitude......

Our problem is that we take all things that come to us easily for granted....

spogmai shaglay
07-20-2010, 12:12 PM
Remember, even the most sincere apology can't ERASE harsh words said in HASTE or anger......

spogmai shaglay
07-21-2010, 11:43 AM
Remember, even the most sincere apology can't ERASE harsh words said in HASTE or anger......

Its said that if you want judge somebody, see them when they are angry....its in anger that its difficult for people to keep their composure.....otherwise most of the times people are not their real selves.. they are composed.....

even if we feel from the deepest of our hearts that we want to apologise and you apologise genuinely still it wont be the same again...and words are things that once blurted out cannot be taken back.... We cant eat our words back......

once harsh words said, the harm is done....

wise is the one who is able to maintain composure during anger as well......

spogmai shaglay
07-22-2010, 11:30 AM
Leave precious memories alone and undisturbed, trying to relieve them often results in disappointment......

Khan Gul
07-22-2010, 01:57 PM

So very, very true. Oh reminds me of that one gloomy instance based on my memory, though long ago, has never fully lost its spell. :banghead:

spogmai shaglay
07-25-2010, 09:12 AM
To DISCOVER good, relaible people, undertake a difficult TASK with a group....

spogmai shaglay
07-29-2010, 12:46 PM
To DISCOVER good, reliable people, undertake a difficult TASK with a group....

Always very easy to work as an individual...people working like this find it easy to work alone rather than working in a group....only when working as a group we will realize the capabilities of people to the fullest...even whether are they open to change, open to feedback and criticism (positive)....

working in group, its assumed by everybody that the task at at hand will be done by somebody...but it in the end it is realized that the task at hand was not done by anybody....(i will try to post something more on this in my future post).....

and the one who takes an initiative proves to be the leader as the others follow him then because they were waiting for somebody to take an initiate and hence emerges a leader and the one who completes the task in spite of others not doing it proves to be a reliable person,,,,

spogmai shaglay
07-31-2010, 01:43 PM
Let others question your judgement but never your courage...

spogmai shaglay
08-01-2010, 01:45 PM
the way to success is also honesty

Right Samima as i have mentioned in one of the previous posts ....when we stick by our values decisions come easy....which would definitely if not in the short but in the long run will lead to success.....

spogmai shaglay
08-02-2010, 11:52 AM
Dont weaken the POWER of future compliments by telling someone that he or she is doing a good JOB, when they are not.........

spogmai shaglay
08-03-2010, 01:11 PM
Whether winning or losing be GRACIOUS about it....

spogmai shaglay
08-04-2010, 11:57 AM
REMEMBER, contentment is found in relationships not in PLACES or accomplishments.....

spogmai shaglay
08-06-2010, 01:01 PM
Be sure of your CHOICES, you are stuck with them forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tamara
08-06-2010, 06:22 PM
Amazing thread, I loved to read all of your instructive qoutes Spogmai Khor :)

spogmai shaglay
08-07-2010, 12:17 PM
Don't waste anything important on SOMETHING foolish and TEMPORARY.....

spogmai shaglay
08-08-2010, 01:53 PM
Dont confuse INTELLIGENCE with Wisdom....

spogmai shaglay
08-10-2010, 11:32 AM
Intelligence ad wisdom go hand and hand.

Agreed....but both are different virtues altogther....an intelligent person may not be wise....and a wise person may not always be intelligent....

wisdom comes with experience...and its a knowledge of what is true or right with just judgement.......

spogmai shaglay
08-12-2010, 12:16 PM
Remember that you also GLEAM when you cause another star to shine....

spogmai shaglay
08-13-2010, 12:29 PM
Do your BEST, if you dont, you are cheating yourself.....

pekhawar
08-13-2010, 07:59 PM
very good spogmai

spogmai shaglay
08-14-2010, 02:01 PM
The path to sucess is networking

Rightly said Jasmine.....success cant be achieved alone by an individual.....its definitely the work of people sharing a common interest coming together for the benefit of all the parties......Successin workplace is 100% group effort as i mentioned in one of the previous post...that my weakness might be Your strength and your weakness might be my strength...so we fuse our strengths together to achieve the set goal.....

spogmai shaglay
08-14-2010, 02:04 PM
Manana Pekhawar, Afghanlady awo Afghanprincess...

Spogmai your positive comments are truly influencing.

i am glad that they are influencing...do let me know if it brings some positive change in your life whther at professional level or personal level......i would be the happiest person on this earth to hear about that positive change in your life......

spogmai shaglay
08-14-2010, 02:09 PM
Bad HABITS are STICKY..beware of what you touch...

spogmai shaglay
08-15-2010, 01:54 PM
No one GROWS old by living, only by losing interest in LIVING....

spogmai shaglay
08-17-2010, 01:27 PM
When there is important WORK to be done..Jump in head first...

spogmai shaglay
08-18-2010, 01:39 PM
Do your best everyday and your life will expand into satisfying fullness everday......

spogmai shaglay
08-19-2010, 02:15 PM
Everything in life THAT we really ACCEPT undergoes a change.......

spogmai shaglay
08-21-2010, 02:40 PM
HOPE is the last thing that dies in a MAN....

spogmai shaglay
08-22-2010, 12:47 PM
Samima.......
we can live without love, without somebody to take care of us, without friends (although very difficult).....how and why?
because we have hope somewhere deep in our hearts that there will be love in our life, there will come somebody to take care of us and we will have friends in near future......hope is something that is till the end....if hope is lost everything is lost....

hope is something that keeps us going.....how do we survive bad phases of our lives....only on hope that one day everything will be fine.....eventhough nothing seems to be fine, we still go on hoping that things will be better and the same as before......hopes, hopes and more hopes.......

even if one says he/she doesnt hope for good.....they still unconsciously are hoping for some good......our mere survival is based on hope......

spogmai shaglay
08-23-2010, 01:37 PM
Hope is one of those things in LIFE you CANNOT do without.......

spogmai shaglay
08-24-2010, 01:48 PM
Killing TIME is the chief END of our society...

spogmai shaglay
08-27-2010, 12:12 PM
LET us go singing as far as we go; the ROAD will be less tedious....

spogmai shaglay
08-28-2010, 12:29 PM
Do WHAT you can with what you have, WHERE you are...

spogmai shaglay
08-30-2010, 12:27 PM
As every thread of GOLD is valuable, so is every moment of time.......

spogmai shaglay
08-31-2010, 01:00 PM
If you want to be found, stand where the seeker SEEKS......

spogmai shaglay
09-02-2010, 12:27 PM
The WISDOM of life consists in the elimination of NON-ESSENTIALS....

spogmai shaglay
09-04-2010, 12:19 PM
The happiest person is the person who THINKS the most interesting thoughts.....

spogmai shaglay
09-14-2010, 12:33 PM
Ride the HORSE in the DIRECTION that its going......

spogmai shaglay
09-17-2010, 12:07 PM
Risks must be taken, because the greatest hazard to success and life is to risk nothing.....

spogmai shaglay
09-26-2010, 02:10 AM
We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails......

spogmai shaglay
10-01-2010, 02:10 PM
please explain Spogmai Shaglay

We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails......

Manana rehana,,,,

and Afghanldy sorry for the late reply....

there could bemany interpretation of this quote Afghanlady.....
but according to me.....we should always try to make our life what we want....its always said dont learn tolive with what you have but work towards getting what you want,,,, and we can achieve what we want by our efforts and yes by the grace of Allah talla......

but sometimes it happens that inspite of struggling we dont get things that we want.....things just go opposite...in that case its the wind blowing in one direction and we try to sail in another... rather than sailing in other direction.....or trying to change the direction of the wind which isntpossible at all....we should sail in the direction of the wind which would then be a smooth sail for us.....

because inthe end we know whatever Allahtalla keeps for us or whatever Allah talla wants us to have is what Allah talla has chosen for us....as Allah knows best what is the best for us.....

some people might take the quote negatively as it would mean dont struggle against something just flow with the wind and go wherelife takes you....this could be matter in cases where nothing is achieved after struggle.....

but we should always make an effort to take life where we want it to be....

spogmai shaglay
10-03-2010, 10:56 AM
If your ship doesnt come in, swim out to it.....

spogmai shaglay
10-05-2010, 01:13 PM
we cant dircet the wind, but we changeadjust the sails....

Afghanlady, the simplest way to explain is,,,

If we cant change the sitution or the condition, then we should change ourselves to suit the situation or the condition....

spogmai shaglay
10-05-2010, 01:17 PM
The way to develop the best in a person is by appreciation and encouragement...

spogmai shaglay
10-07-2010, 12:59 PM
Drop your attitude, its not a fashion accessory that u have to carry everywhere...

gulmeena
10-11-2010, 05:28 PM

have you got the success or the pen pricks?

spogmai shaglay
10-12-2010, 04:46 AM
have you got the success or the pen pricks?
Extremely sorry...i fail to understand what you mean........or is this a sarcastic message????????????????

amna.
10-12-2010, 02:09 PM
Spogmai the last few messages have touched my heart.

spogmai shaglay
10-18-2010, 10:05 AM
Spogmai the last few messages have touched my heart.

amna, very few things touch our heart.. i am glad that these word did touch yours....:smile1:

spogmai shaglay
10-18-2010, 10:06 AM
Do try out things that scare you the most, it wont scare you again....

spogmai shaglay
10-20-2010, 12:48 PM
Be yourself. An original is always worth more than a copy....

spogmai shaglay
10-21-2010, 09:55 AM
If we don't change, we don't grow, if we don't grow, we aren't living....