View Full Version : Chatterbox!

Pakhtunzai
06-11-2010, 07:46 PM
A request to Admin lala.

In our old Chai khaana we used to have a chatbox where we could all communicate in one box with everybody there like instant IMs . It was quite nice and fun too:)

Laila
06-11-2010, 07:48 PM
^^ yeah i did request this along with another member....but no one liked it. Some members thought it was defeating the purpose of the random thread. Maybe because they dont know the difference between a chatterbox and the Hujra lounge :stupido:

Roshina
06-11-2010, 07:54 PM
I'm all for it! I think it's a lotta fun, lol.

Pakhtunzai
06-11-2010, 07:59 PM
Great!:Grin:

Laila
06-11-2010, 08:00 PM
Thank you! it was so hard to explain that having a chatterbox is totally different than a random thread...but someone thought it was a waste or whatever.

I am down for it....it worked very well in CK remember?

Pakhtunzai
06-11-2010, 08:03 PM
Yeah it did..was a hit in ck lol. Thats why I came up with the suggestion..well you lol:)

Laila
06-11-2010, 08:05 PM
Yeah it did..was a hit in ck lol. Thats why I came up with the suggestion..well you lol:)

Exactly...hope all the other members are down for it, and of course Admin lala

Sheenka
06-11-2010, 08:36 PM
CK?

Laila
06-11-2010, 08:37 PM
CK?

CK=Chai Khaana

it was another previous pashtun forum that me and many of our active members are from

Sheenka
06-11-2010, 08:40 PM
OH thats kool
mannna khori jane

AnGaaR
06-11-2010, 09:01 PM
Its a good idea to have a chatbox
But
the amount of forum posters will decrease .. more ppl wil be in chatroom :)

Sheenka
06-11-2010, 09:03 PM
yeah angaar wont post no more :P

Laila
06-11-2010, 09:03 PM
Its a good idea to have a chatbox
But
the amount of forum posters will decrease .. more ppl wil be in chatroom :)

Well not quite...because the chatbox is like im. And some members may just want to im the other member for whatever reason.

Sheenka
06-11-2010, 09:04 PM
most ppl says chatroom is bad
dont know y :P

Laila
06-11-2010, 09:06 PM
Pakhtunzai you should have made a poll....do it now

Sheenka
06-11-2010, 09:15 PM
samimina i dont know sis i heard that from someone

Pakhtunzai
06-11-2010, 09:16 PM
Erm...how do you make a poll? :lal9:

Marwat
06-11-2010, 09:17 PM
^make a topic and it should give you an option.

Marwat
06-11-2010, 09:18 PM
no to chat box. we dont need that.

Pakhtunzai
06-11-2010, 09:23 PM
Manana wrora:)

I suggested this because...it may be more convenient to learn pakhto by instant IM like for example a dedicated member may want to teach.

If one wants to learn more about culture then this is a faster way but then again why do we have forums. Its only a suggestion guys to help improve the forum.:)

Laila
06-11-2010, 09:25 PM
Okay, this is what i say. And you may agree to it or not.

Lets give it a try. Have it for only one week. If the number of postings are decreasing, then take it out. If not, then there is no problem.

As fast as this forum has grown since the first of March...and the number of members we get every single day...i honestly doubt that a chatterbox would hurt.

The chatterbox will only be visible for registered users on the homepage.

I say lets just give it a try. I wouldnt suggest it if i knew it was going to hurt the site, i have been here since day 1, you dont honestly think i want this site to decrease its activity.

Smarty
06-11-2010, 09:29 PM
i am against it.

Pakhtunzai
06-11-2010, 09:33 PM
Any particular reasons?

*Mahzala*
06-12-2010, 01:07 AM
In my opinion, a chatterbox will slow the progress of the site. CK was relatively a very quiet site, and so having a chatterbox made sense. There are many members online at once and I think many threads here serve that purpose anyway. There are other mediums you can turn to for 'chatting' like Messenger or Facebook. We are here to encourage discussion rather than constant coversations between some members.

AnGaaR
06-12-2010, 04:19 AM
Okay, this is what i say. And you may agree to it or not.

Lets give it a try. Have it for only one week. If the number of postings are decreasing, then take it out. If not, then there is no problem.

As fast as this forum has grown since the first of March...and the number of members we get every single day...i honestly doubt that a chatterbox would hurt.

The chatterbox will only be visible for registered users on the homepage.

I say lets just give it a try. I wouldnt suggest it if i knew it was going to hurt the site, i have been here since day 1, you dont honestly think i want this site to decrease its activity.

walai zan ta zahmat warkawei?
na lari fayda..
maybe u think diff but iam saying it out of experience.. I was admin/moderator for yrs and i know whats good for a forum and whats not..
i have already talked to admin khan about someother changes which will be made soon Inshallah...

instead of chatroom we need live music or radio.. a member wil be able to listen to light music and post.. or if they want they can listen to live radio or news..
Chatroom wil make all the users busy and no one wil post :)
:stupido:

Pakhtunzai
06-12-2010, 05:07 AM
Fair enough:) Like I said it was only a suggestion..Mahzala khor has changed my mind she has a point there...

Pakhtunzai
06-12-2010, 11:59 AM
sites that are dead have it and it makes sense why.

Good point

Or maybe we could make the chatterbox for the most sincere members with sayy over 1000-1500 posts? That way we will not get any wasters who will abuse it.

Laila
06-12-2010, 01:57 PM
Mahzala and Angaar made very good points, and according to the poll 'no' is in the lead. So i guess no to the chatterbox.

Pakhtunzai
06-12-2010, 02:05 PM
Mahzala and Angaar made very good points, and according to the poll 'no' is in the lead. So i guess no to the chatterbox.

Ahh well..:tongue:

Laila
06-12-2010, 02:06 PM
Ahh well..:tongue:

lol me and you shall stick with msn.....and facebook lol

Pakhtunzai
06-12-2010, 02:10 PM
:tongue:

Laila
06-12-2010, 02:13 PM
^^ :dancing:

I think this thread should be locked, no point in it anymore. Points were given and taken. Thanks for everyones input :)

Master Khan
06-12-2010, 03:08 PM
Chatterbox is usless, posting is better :)

Roshina
06-12-2010, 05:25 PM
^^ :dancing:

I think this thread should be locked, no point in it anymore. Points were given and taken. Thanks for everyones input :)

Aw maaaaaaaaaaaannn! So no chatterbox? Shucks! Maybe a decade later?:tongue:

Shamaar
10-29-2010, 12:17 AM
Salam all,

Just wanted to make a small suggestion. On other forums (and many may remember this from Chai Khaana of Pashto.org) there was a ChatBox where members could talk to each other in real time.

Not sure if it's possible here but that forums was also using VBB, like this one, so I'm pretty sure it is possible. Also, members had to have at least 100 posts to be able to view the ChatBox.

I'd appreciate any feedback from this idea, especially from Admin wror as to whether it is a feasible one. Thanks!

Laila
10-29-2010, 12:19 AM
Shamaar wrora, i tried to ask for it before, no one wanted.

*Mahzala*
10-29-2010, 12:27 AM
Shamaar, the following link may be of interest to you.

http://www.pashtunforums.com/support-announcements-13/chatterbox-2492/

Fahd
10-29-2010, 12:38 AM
dame we should have this chatterbox
:(
or we already have it ( eyeliner do u remember what saifallah said chatterbox ) LOL
im just joke eyli ;)

Shamaar
10-29-2010, 06:46 PM
I don't get why people even need to vote on this lol.

I think we should definitely have it. For those who don't want it, they can simply choose to not use it. It really won't be affecting them in any way.

It's like voting on the Picture Albums feature. If someone isn't going to use it, would they vote "No" and take the fun away from people who do want to use it? Come on people!

eyeliner
10-29-2010, 07:30 PM
dame we should have this chatterbox
:(
or we already have it ( eyeliner do u remember what saifallah said chatterbox ) LOL
im just joke eyli ;)

your not funny:fighting:

Fahd
10-29-2010, 10:13 PM
^LOL ;)
just vote for chatter box haha

sgulab
03-30-2011, 05:57 PM
So I was looking around and I could not find a link to a chatroom. I have been on some forums before and they always had one. Is there a particular reason there isnt one here? I just think it would be alot more easier instead of posting msgs on ppls profiles.

Pakhtunzai
03-30-2011, 06:01 PM
Lolll been there requested that....

http://www.pashtunforums.com/support-announcements-13/chatterbox-2492/

good luck convincing the mods :tongue:

Nora
03-30-2011, 06:09 PM
why dont u, use facebook then lol

Gulalai
03-30-2011, 06:36 PM
i think the reason why there is no chat room is because the purpose of PF is to have an educational site about Pashtuns, and pashtun related issues (including our perspective of world news). We have the hujra for agha dahga stuff lol, but a chatroom is unnecessary

Nora
03-30-2011, 06:42 PM
afreen gulley

Laila
03-30-2011, 07:18 PM
Last year, I used to be in favor for this. However, no i dont think it would be a good idea anymore.

And majority of the members did not want this, so, majority rules.

Pakhtunzai
03-30-2011, 07:57 PM
^ Yeah me too, I was actually quite glad afterwards that a lot of the people ruled against it. 1 of the main reasons for that is, there used to be quite a few fights via chatbox on other forums and very few people were on these sites. But now since this website is pretty diverse and has a lot of people we are definatly way more likely to get trouble along the way...

Nokia_Apridy
03-31-2011, 12:12 AM
Pakhtunzai rora warta waya pam kwa chay mod charta gusa wi banned da nakey

pa da request ..........toking :)

Laila
03-31-2011, 12:17 AM
^ Yeah me too, I was actually quite glad afterwards that a lot of the people ruled against it. 1 of the main reasons for that is, there used to be quite a few fights via chatbox on other forums and very few people were on these sites. But now since this website is pretty diverse and has a lot of people we are definatly way more likely to get trouble along the way...

Plus we have so many members.....majority that are not even active here. Last year, i didnt think we would get 1000 guest viewers daily. Not that i see it, i would feel very uncomfortable for myself and others here to be in a chatroom. So thank goodness it was ruled out

Visitor and private messages has always served its purpose :)

IamDZJ
03-31-2011, 12:17 AM
i used to be against this idea but come to think of it i think it will help people give people something to do with their boredom and prevent unnecessary flooding.

Laila
03-31-2011, 12:19 AM
^ Ive noticed that threads that have been flooded, have been dealt with......well for the most part it gets sectioned off to another thread, or deleted. I, myself am to blame at times because its so easy to flood a thread, especially if its already been flooded.

Michin Khel
03-31-2011, 12:27 AM

what happened? You were type of guy who used to spent more time on chatterbox than on discussion forum. In the first post of this thread you seem to be frustrated that mods did'nt listen to you and in this post you instantly agree with laila....?

Roshina
03-31-2011, 12:30 AM
It wouldn't work here because there'd be way too many folks online at one time who join the chat room, and there'd be way, WAY too many IMs to reply to so no one would get a chance to read an IM before replying, unless the window allows for 600+ messages to show.

*Mahzala*
03-31-2011, 12:33 AM
SGulab: I have moved your thread here. You can have a read of the reasons moderators have given in the past for this request. Yours is the third, thus the merge.

Pakhtunzai
03-31-2011, 04:28 AM
what happened? You were type of guy who used to spent more time on chatterbox than on discussion forum. In the first post of this thread you seem to be frustrated that mods did'nt listen to you and in this post you instantly agree with laila....?

Lol, that was quite a few years ago, I did both spend a lot of time in chatterbox and discuss in forums, I think your overexaggerating a little bit, you could say that about quite a few of the ex-ckers. I didn't show any frustration to the mods, I was just saying good luck to the girl to try and convince the mods, just adding a bit of humour to it. I knew it wasn't going to happen anyway. But I came to realise that this thing wouldn't be a good idea as me and Laila have stated so.