View Full Version : Taliban peace talks and women rights

AfghanSoulja
06-11-2010, 06:10 PM
With US willing to facilitate these peace talks and it seems like they might go ahead with them..It is very important to represent discuss and agree upon equal rights for women under whatever new form of governance that may take hold. Taliban wont return to their full capacity, it will be a hybrid government..so while other issues are being discussed in the peace jirgas, it is very important to keep this issue at the forefront. We must not allow the same mistakes to happen again. I dont think i even need to mention the fact that out of all this taliban fiasco, women were the ones who suffered the most..there rights and freedom was completely butchered.

Considering reconcialition with taliban to be the only option to end this war, it is absolutely necessary that these rights are effectively safeguarded and given top priority..we can never hope to rebuild this nation with half the population caged behind fuedal barriers

I have seen a lot of discussions on PF and strangely this topic has never been raised once, the time is now for a collective effort to put forth measures and laws to safeguard the rights of our women and to give them the oppurtunity to come forward and work hand in hand with their brothers

شمله ور خراساني
06-11-2010, 06:21 PM
You are writing this while assuming that Taliban denied women of their basic rights. Which is a lie.

Women had better legal status during Taliban than they do now.

They are now being sold, gang raped, used as prostitutes to serve NGO's and foreign troops and as distribution centres of sexual diseases.

Women suffer currently from most horrific opression inflicted by the current puppet regime of the murtadeen and the crusaders.

While during the Taliban regime, women were safe from harm and women did not fear death and rape every day.

This kind of attempts to "discuss" womens rights in Afghanistan is just part of further propaganda and deception to fool the masses to believe things that are not true.

AfghanSoulja
06-11-2010, 06:30 PM
I never said they have rights right now did i ? you need a government to safeguard rights and implement law and order..right now we have none of that

Women rights during the taliban regime are hardly a secret so i wouldnt even go there

As for all the rape and stuff you mentioned, those arent rights they are basic conditions of human survival..they are the things you must give even to criminals who are locked up in jail. Rights inculde giving freedom to an individual to flourish, learn and contribute to the society on his/her own will.

what your saying is that they had it better during the taliban days compared to the stuff they have to put up with now..Im saying that they deserved much more, then AND now

Roshina
06-11-2010, 07:44 PM
Hm... A part of me doesn't at all believe that the Taliban would ever be willing to give women ANY rights, particularly the major one (right to education), so I'm not so sure. But, hey, if they're willing to have a peaceful dialogue, that's a great start!

I dont think i even need to mention the fact that out of all this taliban fiasco, women were the ones who suffered the most..there rights and freedom was completely butchered.

Very true. Those who don't deem women as full humans will disagree and say that, "No, no, you're just brainwashed by the Media! The Taliban never denied women any rights!" etc., but then again, the experiences of people under the Taliban have been extremely different. For instance, in Swat, NO one supports the Taliban, and everyone hates them. Everyone admits that they were deceived by the Taliban and were denied many rights, including the right to safety and education.

For those who don't believe it, ask some random people in Swat about the law that the Taliban passed in late 2008, saying that "Starting January 15, 2009, women may NOT go to school!" (It was all over the news, of course, and was confirmed by my relatives as well. (As you all must know by now, I is from Swat my Beloved!))

Khair, this is very, very nice of you to bring to PF's attention, AfghanSoulja! Thank you for standing up for and with us. The women in your family must be very lucky, if you are in reality what you are in principle.

Our society needs re-building big time, and the only way that can happen is if our women and men cooperate with each other, each member of the society using her/his means and skills (whether individually or collectively) to better the condition of our people so that if not the existing generations, then at least the future generations will have some peace, ka khair wee.

AfghanSoulja
06-11-2010, 09:39 PM
sit this one out and you'll lose a lot more