View Full Version : New York

Iqra
12-07-2011, 02:09 AM
Salaamoona :)

I know a lot of Pashtuns live in New York MashaAllah!

Any suggestions on places to visit? Places you'd suggest to avoid?

Oh and share any yummy food places :wub:

graveyardofempires
12-07-2011, 10:07 AM
dont go to the ghetto

~Gangster~
12-07-2011, 09:43 PM
Whats wrong with the Ghetto?

کیش
12-07-2011, 10:28 PM
What kind of experience do you want from New York.?It is the greatest city in the world, you now. Well go from Their.

~Gangster~
12-07-2011, 10:45 PM
I would suggest to go to Kaish's house. I heard he has a mansion

Admin Khan
12-07-2011, 10:49 PM
Tell us what are you interested in, there is way too much to list. Lazh kho zmosh kaar ra asaana ka. :)

Sta cheshey kwash jhi?

Millatpal Noorzai
12-07-2011, 11:14 PM
Salaamoona :)

I know a lot of Pashtuns live in New York MashaAllah!

Any suggestions on places to visit? Places you'd suggest to avoid?

Oh and share any yummy food places :wub:

I regard New York as Manhattan borough only! Part of Queens and Brooklyn are also worth seeing, namely, Flushing Park and Botanical gardens and Jackson Heights (Afghan favs):smile1: Queens has a variety of cuisines; Korean, Chinese, Afghan, Indian, Pakistani, Greek etc. Manhattan has classy restaurants with the same variety. Don't forget to spend a few bucks at Bloomingdale's while in Manhattan.

Iqra
12-08-2011, 02:27 PM
dont go to the ghetto

Thanks for the wise words!

Whats wrong with the Ghetto?

Ma wayala chi dai wareh zhwand kawih magar then that might be taken offensively.

What kind of experience do you want from New York.?It is the greatest city in the world, you now. Well go from Their.

hmmmm I don't really know to be honest? I mean I want to see things that generally people don't think of seeing? I guess those types of things that you don't really hear about.

I would suggest to go to Kaish's house. I heard he has a mansion

lol, do you only go to people's mansions?

Iqra
12-08-2011, 02:34 PM
Tell us what are you interested in, there is way too much to list. Lazh kho zmosh kaar ra asaana ka. :)

Sta cheshey kwash jhi?

:tongue:

Ma ghushtala chi tasi zma kaar ra asaana kai!!!

hmmm I'd want to see some museums for sure, the ones usually with the most unique exhibits ? maybe a play?

I regard New York as Manhattan borough only! Part of Queens and Brooklyn are also worth seeing, namely, Flushing Park and Botanical gardens and Jackson Heights (Afghan favs):smile1: Queens has a variety of cuisines; Korean, Chinese, Afghan, Indian, Pakistani, Greek etc. Manhattan has classy restaurants with the same variety. Don't forget to spend a few bucks at Bloomingdale's while in Manhattan.

Lol well unless plans change I should be right in Manhattan dakhaira :) I am sure I'll be out in other locations too because of so and so but haven't made official plans yet!

Do you mean the New York Botanical Garden? or somewhere else? (I did a quick search)... and wouldn't it be too cold for Flushing Park? (that's where all the Afghans meet up right?) ..Pa Jackson Heights kih chishi sta ?

Oh food, :blushes: ... lol good to know that there's a variety.

ummm Why the Bloomingdale's ?

Saifullah
12-08-2011, 02:41 PM
charanga ye, sha ye? Khair khairiyat...u shud visit the museum and u shudnt go to virginia park its really dangerous

کیش
12-08-2011, 10:21 PM
I would recommend the Museum of Natural History, if you were to choose a Museum.

Will you be around people who live or now NYC? It would be helpful if you do.

For Hookah, I would suggest Steinway Street in Astoria Queens. It's an Egyptian neighborhood and it's a "safe" environment.

Food: Chicken and Rice stand, which are located throughout NYC. If your in Manhattem stop by the one at 53rd street, it tastes better then most of the other stands. If your in Queens, the best one is in front of Queens College (Kissena Blvd). Theirs also a bunch of Afghan restaurants in Queens.

Millatpal Noorzai
12-09-2011, 03:46 AM
:tongue:

Ma ghushtala chi tasi zma kaar ra asaana kai!!!

hmmm I'd want to see some museums for sure, the ones usually with the most unique exhibits ? maybe a play?

Lol well unless plans change I should be right in Manhattan dakhaira :) I am sure I'll be out in other locations too because of so and so but haven't made official plans yet!

Do you mean the New York Botanical Garden? or somewhere else? (I did a quick search)... and wouldn't it be too cold for Flushing Park? (that's where all the Afghans meet up right?) ..Pa Jackson Heights kih chishi sta ?

Oh food, :blushes: ... lol good to know that there's a variety.

ummm Why the Bloomingdale's ?

There is a botanical garden at Bronx and one in Queens, both suck at this time of the year but since you are an Afghan (flower lover by default), i thought you would be interested ;) Jackson heights/74th street has a Pakistani/Indian/Bengali bazar with lots of jewelers, boutiques, authentic restaurants, south asian sweets (mithai) etc. There is a nice Greek restaurant (Souvlaki grill) on northern boulevard at Queens, worth trying specially their soup and gyro.
Bloomingdale's on third avenue is a signature tourist attraction and must be shopped at. Ohhh, don't forget to have a hot dog at Central Park.

Adam
12-09-2011, 06:48 AM
New york?

is that the concrete jungle where dreams are made of?
Apprently theres nothing you cant do, when your in new york
the streets have a tendency to make you feel brand new, and the lights seem to inspire you

کیش
12-09-2011, 08:13 AM
New york?

is that the concrete jungle where dreams are made of?
Apprently theres nothing you cant do, when your in new york
the streets have a tendency to make you feel brand new, and the lights seem to inspire you

Theirs also something in the water. All the NY cats now this :hairy:

graveyardofempires
12-09-2011, 09:26 AM
go to biggie's shrine

Digital Malang
12-12-2011, 07:04 PM
I would recommend you the following places to visit:

Harlem, East Brooklyn, Soundview, Bed-Stuy, Brownsville, Northeastern Queens, Bronx.

You will not be disappointed. =)

~Gangster~
12-12-2011, 09:14 PM
Ya go to Harlem Brooklyn and Bronx if you want to get robbed

کیش
12-12-2011, 11:45 PM
Ya go to Harlem Brooklyn and Bronx if you want to get robbed

You only get robbed at Wall Street and your local bank branch.

Iqra
01-31-2012, 10:58 PM
Salaaamooooooooooooooona all :)

So thanks all for the suggestions .. I went & came back & barely got to visit anywhere. I went to a few places though & enjoyed...alhamdulillah.

Two places I regret not seeing is Central Park & Botanical Gardens ..actually natural history museum too!

This just calls for another visit in the future, InshaAllah.

Gulalai
01-31-2012, 11:05 PM
iqra khore, next time you go come pick me up too :shy: lool

Iqra
01-31-2012, 11:09 PM
LOL I always forget where you are khoori..

Gulalai
01-31-2012, 11:16 PM
muahahaha :hmm:

lol jk, but if you come pick me up i can take you to the kuchi market LOL!

Iqra
01-31-2012, 11:22 PM
LOL ... on my way then !!

Gulalai
01-31-2012, 11:26 PM
yay :D

hahaha have you been there before? food, music & things for your car downstairs, rugs and degoona and stuff upstairs LOL awww i want to go to NY now ):

Iqra
01-31-2012, 11:30 PM
LOL nope ... I missed out on the hippest market !!! :P

Gulalai
02-01-2012, 07:05 AM
looool! yeah you really did :hmm:

where in NY did you go?

Iqra
02-02-2012, 12:23 AM
Manhattan & Queens

Gulalai
02-02-2012, 06:59 AM
you went to queens and you didnt go to the kuchi market?? come on! hahahaha jk :P

کیش
02-02-2012, 09:42 PM
you went to queens and you didnt go to the kuchi market?? come on! hahahaha jk :P

Barra tu

Gulalai
02-02-2012, 09:43 PM
what?

کیش
02-02-2012, 09:44 PM
what?

A New Yorker would know :hairy:

Gulalai
02-02-2012, 09:49 PM
oh well ^.^

PFgulalai
02-06-2012, 01:20 AM

Gulalai, where is the Kuchi Market in Queens?

Admin Khan
02-06-2012, 05:23 AM
It's in Flushing, 75-01 Parsons blvd, Flushing,11365.

PFgulalai
02-09-2012, 05:01 PM
It's in Flushing, 75-01 Parsons blvd, Flushing,11365.

Manana Admin Khan!

The_White_Turban
03-05-2012, 10:31 PM
So, uh, how's it like in NYC? Are they spying on you terrorists there?

JattApache
03-06-2012, 09:25 AM
I would like to visit New York :)

roadrunner
03-07-2012, 07:59 AM
i dont think they let people like you in, do they?

JattApache
03-07-2012, 05:28 PM
So cute :hairy:

Amir al Ghaznavi
03-07-2012, 07:01 PM
NYC in a week :)

کیش
03-07-2012, 11:42 PM
I dislike non natives moving in: be it, for school, work, or whatever. The immigrants come to NYC, forget how to act by acting like some unique weird characters.

No problem with tourists, if you act the same as you do in your homeland.