View Full Version : How to quit smoking

Muslimah
06-06-2010, 06:50 PM
eww
do any of you smoke on here?

My mom used to smoke :( and she quit...thank goodness. She would get moodswings and break everything in the house. It was scary. She was like possessed...shes much better now though. And looks A lot younger.

Sheenka
06-06-2010, 07:08 PM
when we were kids we made ciggrate from black tea :D
coz my causin was very naughty he made us doing it :D

AfghanSoulja
06-06-2010, 10:37 PM
cold turkey

Roshina
06-07-2010, 04:02 AM
I love hookah once in a while ;)

Roshina
06-07-2010, 04:04 AM
Guys, please, please remember to give the source of the articles you post because PF can actually get in trouble for it. It's considered plagiarism, is a copy-rights violation, and is punishable by law.

So please next time give the link as well :) Manana.

Laila
06-07-2010, 04:04 AM
I love hookah once in a while ;)

Ohhhhh you do....lets go to the Hookah bar next weekend lol

I have never tried it

Iqra
06-07-2010, 04:10 AM
I hateeeeeeeeeeeee hate hate cigs... esp when a person smokes around me...I get a headache really fast ...LIKE THIs lady who started smoking today and I just walked by her ... and I felt sick after.

And I hate sheeshah, etc ...

Sheenka
06-07-2010, 09:12 AM
i've tried sheeshah as well LOL
fruit one
it makes u caugh

Sheenka
06-07-2010, 09:14 AM
huh sheenkay? cigarettes from Black tea how?

we fill black tea instead of tambaco LOL

Pakhtunzai
06-07-2010, 09:20 AM
I don't see a point in people smoking, when I was 14 I went through a small phase where I did a couple of cigarettes and hookah. But I despise the stuff now, because 2 years ago 1 of my best mates father died from smoking too much!

Me and my cousin did some crazzzzy hookah back then though..we used to do a whole coal each!

Sheenka
06-07-2010, 09:52 AM
^
u r right
its bad for health ,for look, and even important thing waste of money :D
and only waste ppl will waste money on smoke :D

Pakhtunzai
06-07-2010, 10:05 AM
Yep, I feel for the old generation though..they went through a pretty tough time so they smoked. My grandad worked in Karachi and Bangladesh at the age of 11, with no family..pure poverty:sad1:..hes smoked so much that he can't live without it..

Sheenka
06-07-2010, 10:10 AM
ohh god bless him
thats sad but its hard to give up
my dad hates smoking once he saw my causin smoking with his friends
omg he slapped him infront of us, he was so embrrass :D

and my mum was like u shouldnt slapped him at first and secondly infront of us coz he is older :D
and my dad said its a lesson for them :P

Pakhtunzai
06-07-2010, 11:04 AM
Hahaha thats good, smoking is inflicting harm upon ones body and in the quran it forbids us from doing any harm to ourselves. So your father did the right thing, hes saving his cousin from punishment of afterlife! But there are more polite ways of doing such:tongue:.

Whenever we told my grandad to stop he would get all angry and agressive..tsss its like being around Mount Krakatoa!!

MazloomyarMaseed
06-07-2010, 12:37 PM
Driving a Car also inflicts harm to our bodies from the fumes it injects into the atomosphere. Smoking is just one of those things people do for enjoyment. Its a terrible habit and can give you from mood swings to Lung cancer, But hey, life is like that.

Sheenka
06-07-2010, 12:43 PM
really?

AfghanSoulja
06-07-2010, 01:22 PM
Cold turkey helps you?

figuritve speech, means just quit it

Feroza_Banu
06-07-2010, 02:35 PM
i know two people that quit cold turkey... my husband. he went cold turkey after smoking for two years... he started getting terrible headaches and mood swings... would fight for no reason but everyone put up with it and it helped him quit once and for all... its been about 3 years he has quit.

the guy i call my brother... he went cold turkey after smoking for about 8 years... he has not been smoking for about 3 months now... let's see how he does later... poor guy has no support from anyone. he is trying to do it all by himself.

SWATIAN
06-07-2010, 02:47 PM
long live NASWAR.lol

Feroza_Banu
06-07-2010, 02:51 PM
long live NASWAR.lol

oh wow... you do naswar? oh my God... disgusting... i am sorry i just find it verryyy gross...

SWATIAN
06-07-2010, 02:59 PM
na na za naswar na koom.hasey mazaq me kawooooooooooo

Feroza_Banu
06-07-2010, 03:01 PM
^loll... oh ok... shukur che te na kawe... i was suprised che zwanaan ham naswar kawei...

SWATIAN
06-07-2010, 03:05 PM
no pa day ke kho da surprize khabara nishta.nan saba kho tool zwanan naswar kawi.

Feroza_Banu
06-07-2010, 03:10 PM
^dagha mata da surprise khabara da che nan saba bad karoona dasai normal sawi dei che muzh yaw bal ta wayoo che da kho tol khalak kawei.

SWATIAN
06-07-2010, 03:13 PM
naswar kho doomra baad shay na day.da cigrete na kha day.

Feroza_Banu
06-07-2010, 03:25 PM
^naswar dona bad shai na dai tsa mana? bad shai kho dai... insaan bayad bad shyaan wa naki...

naswar cigret na kha dai
cigret chars na kha dai
chars sharab na kha dai
sharab bia heroin na kha dai

har sok che bad kawei daghasi palmai zaan ta jorrawei.

tor_khan
06-07-2010, 03:57 PM
^ You've got to be careful.

There are still mixed opinions about the good/bad effects of grass.

My advice. Keep your nose, lungs and brain clean.

MazloomyarMaseed
06-07-2010, 04:00 PM
Ignore these girls.

Naswar is a beautiful thing, and whenever i go to Pakhtunkhwa, i specially get myself the naswar thats only made in Bannu. I love it, I had it fresh everyday, it tastes so good, and makes you feel so good, in the morning, i had big naswar piece in my mouth, then i had it more again, I love Naswar.

Feroza_Banu
06-07-2010, 04:00 PM
I used to smoke a lot of marijuana with the local Afghan gang. I stopped now.

salamoona :)

Always conceal your sin... Allah swt discourages musmlims to talk about their sins. Its because talking about a sin gives promotes it and might encourage others to do the same and then have a niat of repenting later.

it is best to keep one's sin to oneself and repent it rather than disclosing it to others...

thank u
. :shakeshand:

MazloomyarMaseed
06-07-2010, 04:01 PM
^ You've got to be careful.

There are still mixed opinions about the good/bad effects of grass.

My advice. Keep your nose, lungs and brain clean.

Well.

Cannabis Seeds are a great source of good amino acids and Protein.

Cannabis stems are strong enough to make ropes and even paper.

Just because the western governments cant tax Cannabis, they have banned it.

Feroza_Banu
06-07-2010, 04:01 PM
Ignore these girls.

Naswar is a beautiful thing, and whenever i go to Pakhtunkhwa, i specially get myself the naswar thats only made in Bannu. I love it, I had it fresh everyday, it tastes so good, and makes you feel so good, in the morning, i had big naswar piece in my mouth, then i had it more again, I love Naswar.

i think i could tell from your current picture in ur avatar tha you have naswar in your mouth... or may be ur mouth just looks like that. ...

MazloomyarMaseed
06-07-2010, 04:04 PM
i think i could tell from your current picture in ur avatar tha you have naswar in your mouth... or may be ur mouth just looks like that. ...

Naswar is used by majority of Pashtun men, just like majority of Pashtun women like to do shimat all the time.

Let us men have some enjoyment, all day we hear woman shouting at us all day long about how bad we are.

Let us be freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, we take the bannu naswar and flyyyyy away from all womans haha

Feroza_Banu
06-07-2010, 04:17 PM
Naswar is used by majority of Pashtun men, just like majority of Pashtun women like to do shimat all the time.

Let us men have some enjoyment, all day we hear woman shouting at us all day long about how bad we are.

Let us be freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, we take the bannu naswar and flyyyyy away from all womans haha

i am sure majority of pashtun men use it.. this doesn't make it any more pleasant.

pleasure out of a harmful habit is temporary with a life long of health problems...

MazloomyarMaseed
06-07-2010, 04:33 PM
i am sure majority of pashtun men use it.. this doesn't make it any more pleasant.

pleasure out of a harmful habit is temporary with a life long of health problems...

Well there are other things that can give you a life long of health problems.

Such as Driving, walking outside into the popultion, eating fast food.

Kind Regards

I wish i had some Naswar at this moment.

Feroza_Banu
06-07-2010, 04:46 PM
Well there are other things that can give you a life long of health problems.

Such as Driving, walking outside into the popultion, eating fast food.

Kind Regards

I wish i had some Naswar at this moment.

there are somethings that happen and you can't prevent it and some of them you can... your first mistake is putting "fast food" and "walking outside into the population" in one catagory.

u can help NOT eat fast food and save ur body from the negative effect, but as far as walking outside in population, anything can happen but at least it wont be self inflicted pain or harm...

Sheenka
06-07-2010, 05:09 PM
naswar ewww thats disgusting
Its bad for teeth and u will get gum cancer
I hate those yellow and green teeth makes me feel sick
My fav colours (=

Pakhtunzai
06-07-2010, 06:07 PM
Most of my family pop naswaaar..My army and police cousins take soo much of the stuff and I hate sitting next to them because of the bad breath it gives!

Feroza_Banu
06-07-2010, 07:49 PM
you are right sister. Mazrat ghwarama.

heela kawam wror jan. :five:

Iqra
06-07-2010, 11:44 PM
laaaaaaaaaaaasooonaaaaaaaaaaaa dihhhhhh wrak sa

IamDZJ
06-08-2010, 04:03 AM
it doesn't matter what it is your trying to say but every time you mention the work "smoke" to a smoker they instantly crave for a smoke. so thanks for killing some lungs.

Feroza_Banu
06-08-2010, 04:29 AM
Hela sa mana? Mosh Kandaharian pa da hela na payezho.

ta pe na pahezhe... nor kandarian pe pahezhi... :lal5:
laaaaaaaaaaaasooonaaaaaaaaaaaa dihhhhhh wrak sa

walaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii? :no:

Iqra
06-08-2010, 04:35 AM
walaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii? :no:

adam khaan o charsiii

Khan
06-08-2010, 07:58 AM
Doesn't work for me, I mean those remedies. lol

Khan
06-08-2010, 05:29 PM
^I have a nice articles, do you want me to post it? And btw, which part of europe are you from?

Sure, you can post it. I am in North Europe.

Iqra
06-08-2010, 05:36 PM
My father used to smoke but he has quit for a long time Alhamdulillah. He pretty much went cold turkey... but at the time he quit he started buying things, and he'd spend thousands of dollars on pretty silly things, and then say that instead of spending on cigs, hes spending on whatever it was.

He still says the same thing whenever he is buying something... He'll be like if I was smoking, I'd have spent that money anyways...

yeah :| I dunno haha

Feroza_Banu
06-08-2010, 05:54 PM
My father used to smoke but he has quit for a long time Alhamdulillah. He pretty much went cold turkey... but at the time he quit he started buying things, and he'd spend thousands of dollars on pretty silly things, and then say that instead of spending on cigs, hes spending on whatever it was.

He still says the same thing whenever he is buying something... He'll be like if I was smoking, I'd have spent that money anyways...

yeah :| I dunno haha

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww that is cute... i wish angaar would get that habit when he stopped smoking... i would let him buy all pretty little things for me :shy:

Iqra
06-08-2010, 06:08 PM
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww that is cute... i wish angaar would get that habit when he stopped smoking... i would let him buy all pretty little things for me :shy:

Trust me ... his first target was decorative lights...don't ask ...

you wouldn't want angaar to fall into that trap, khudayna karda.

Feroza_Banu
06-08-2010, 06:14 PM
^lol i was thinking more interms of precious stones lol

erlangner
06-09-2010, 08:54 AM
It is very nice discussion if Shisha is more hamrful than cigarettes. this discussion is only valid thinking medically, health point of view. I am a light smoker, smoke cigarettes, some times shisha, and very rarely smoked Hashish (chars). I conducted some research regarding cigarettes smoking and Chars smoking, its health imapcts. I searched the literature too, however, very rare correct information are available. My own feelings are that it is projected a bit different. See one cannot treat donkey and human alike. Human being has some feelings, tensions, stress, social obligations etc and then one need relaxation. For this the comparison of the harm cigarette causes is much less than the relaxation it gives.
I am a biologist and working in purely a research environment, but I feel researchers in helath sciences think or consider very rare the social obligations.
My vote will go for smoking and lets think, how ugly and boring this life will be without koor koor of chilam. How our folks songs and poetry will be completed. How, one will call adam khana charsi.

Iqra
06-09-2010, 04:47 PM
^lol i was thinking more interms of precious stones lol

yeah well ... hmmm if I help, I get 25% ... yay