View Full Version : Sunnah: Tell a brother/ sister you love them!

Pakhtunzai
06-05-2010, 03:29 PM
One of my favorite Sunnahs is telling a brother/ sister that you love them for Allah's sake.

Allah Almighty says, "Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah, and those who are with him are fierce to the unbelievers, merciful to one another..." (48:29) to the end of the surah.

Hadeeth on telling someone you love them for the sake of Allah: Abu Karima al-Miqdad ibn Ma'dikarib reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "If a man loves his brother, he should tell him that he loves him." [Abu Dawud and at-Tirmidhi]

Abu Hurayra reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Allah Almighty will say on the Day of Rising, 'Where are those who loved one another for the sake of My majesty? Today, on the day when there is no shade but My shade, I will shade them.'" [Muslim]

Abu Hurayra reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "By the one who has my soul in His hand, you will not enter the Garden until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Shall I point out to you something which will make you love one another if you do it? Make the greeting widespread among you." [Muslim]

Abu Hurayra reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "A man visited a brother of his in another village and Allah positioned an angel to wait for him on his way." He mentioned the hadith to his words, "Allah loves you just as you love him for His sake." [Muslim]

Mu'adh said, "I heard the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, say, 'Allah, the Mighty and Exalted, says, "Those who love one another for My majesty will have minbars of lights. The Prophets and martyrs will envy them."'" [at-Tirmidhi]

Abu Idris al-Khawlani said, "I entered the mosque of Damascus and there was a young man with white teeth there with some other people. When they disagreed about something, they referred it to him and followed his opinion. I inquired about him and it was said, 'That is Mu'adh ibn Jabal.' The following day, I went early and I found that he had come earlier than me and I found him praying. I waited for him until he finished his prayer and then I approached him from the front. I greeted him and then said, 'By Allah, I love you for the sake of Allah.' He said, 'By Allah?' I said, 'By Allah.' He said, 'By Allah?' I said, 'By Allah.' He took hold of the upper part of my cloak and pulled me to him. He said, 'Rejoice! I heard the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, say, "Allah Almighty says, 'My love is mandatory for those who love one another in Me and sit together for My sake and who visit one another for My sake and who give generously to to one another for My sake.'"'" [Muwatta']

Abu Karima al-Miqdad ibn Ma'dikarib reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "If a man loves his brother, he should tell him that he loves him." [Abu Dawud and at-Tirmidhi]

Anas reported that a man was with the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, when a man passed by him and said, "O Messenger of Allah, I love this man." The Prophet said to him, "Have you informed him?" He said, "No." He said, "Inform him," and he caught up with him and said, "I love you for the sake of Allah." He said, "The One for whom you love me has made me love you." [Abu Dawud]

So ALL you dear brothers and sisters that I'm close with..I love youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I came across this on another forum as I was searching for this particular hadith.

There ya go Dukes khor, I know I'm a lil late but finally got it!:celebrate:

No credits to me but this sister from this forum \/as its merely a copy and paste!
http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?56672-Sunnah-Tell-a-brother-sister-you-love-them!

شمله ور خراساني
06-05-2010, 03:30 PM
Ay lab yu

Pakhtunzai
06-05-2010, 03:31 PM
Au staso hum:)

*Mahzala*
06-05-2010, 03:32 PM
Sangar: ahaha! Guru ba, che tsok wayi, Eye lub yew toooo ...

شمله ور خراساني
06-05-2010, 03:39 PM
*chinese accent* Me lub you long time.
that is from full metal jacket. And it suppose to be vietnamese accent. And that was a bad joke Timbaktu.

Laila
06-05-2010, 03:53 PM
I love you all :cryy:

:shy:

:hug:

Mayana
06-05-2010, 03:54 PM
:wub:

Pakhtunzai
06-05-2010, 03:57 PM
Awwwww guys:)

Hahaha Mayana this especially suits your name:tongue:

Muslimah
06-05-2010, 05:46 PM
spread the love! Thanks for posting this! :) MashAllah very beautiful reminder.

I LOVE PF because you're all awesome!
:wub:

Khushal Khan Khattak
06-05-2010, 06:36 PM
Has anyone pointed out that the title is misleading !!!!!

Here's why:

If a brother was to tell a sister here he "loved" her, :Grin:

that can be judged in different ways !! :whistling:

:lal4:

The complete words should be described, i.e., love in the name of Allah, love as an Islamic brother/sister and so on.

:lal:

Pakhtunzai
06-05-2010, 06:39 PM
Manana!..request a mod to change the title name!!!

Muslimah
06-05-2010, 06:39 PM
ya
her dad would be like...:mad4:

Son of Mountains
06-06-2010, 12:20 AM
Thanks Toreylae for sharing such goood piece of Information. Keep it up.
Mannana