View Full Version : Hijabi styles

Muslimah
06-05-2010, 12:20 AM
Assalaam walaikom sisters!

I often look at other sisters hijab and I am so intrigued and curious of how they tie them.

I currently wear mine in a very confusing way, but I find it hurts my ears since I wear it for long durations of time.

http://www.hijabstoreonline.com/images/hijab-style-3-7.jpg
I wear it like this. I pin it in the back and then wrap around like so and clip. But see how its harsh on the ears? I actually had a blister on my ear once. :( And then wrapping it around the neck 2x can make it quite toasty under there. Do you have any suggestions? Of course the internet has 1000 confusing and over the top ways. What are simple things?

IamDZJ
06-05-2010, 12:26 AM
take a square one and fold it in half to make a triangle. make sure you don't make it too small. put it on, shape it well and then use a pin to tie it under your chin. take the right side the scarf from the front and bring it all the way to the left side of your head and then pin it. use the left side to cover your neck... adjust and walk away from the mirror. :)

Iqra
06-05-2010, 12:29 AM
Muslimah... have you tried wearing it behind your ears the first time, and then wrapping it a second time so it covers your ears?

Muslimah
06-05-2010, 12:31 AM
Yes, but I have a ovaly/round face...my hair starts to show and I get paranoid. It slides out by my ears. And no im not hairy lol.

DZJ and Iqra..manana!

IamDZJ
06-05-2010, 12:34 AM
youtube it sista!

Levanaye Zalmaye
06-05-2010, 12:43 AM
Yes, but I have a ovaly/round face...my hair starts to show and I get paranoid. It slides out by my ears. And no im not hairy lol.

DZJ and Iqra..manana!

A couple of weeks ago, I came across this girl. I saw a strand of hair that managed to escape the clutches of her tight hijab. I had to eat cold watermelon and drink ice-water for the next 10 days just to calm myself down. Then I had a brother from the mosque come over and explain stuff to me and how I had to control myself otherwise instead of getting girls in Jannah, I'd become satan's girl in hell. It helped.

youtube it sista!

How about if you Youtube me?

Muslimah
06-05-2010, 12:45 AM
lol
I am a professional who teaches in front of kids. I find if hair is falling out smooshed around your face, it just looks sloppy. My opinion. I don't like hair sliding out.

Not saying it excites u...lmao

IamDZJ
06-05-2010, 12:52 AM
hair sticking out of hijab to me means nothing more than that little spot on the writing board that didn't get erased or some kid running around in the street with cars driving this and that way.

Muslimah
06-05-2010, 12:58 AM
lol ^
Your posts are so odd but funny.
I always look forward to them!

Iqra
06-05-2010, 01:15 AM
What if you wear the headband things underneath? Just make sure you don't get a size too small otherwise it will hurt ... but something that pulls your hair back and makes it look neat =)

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/5/1/4/6/1/2/webimg/246487718_tp.jpg

there's diff types ... hair caps / headbands...whatever you want to call it :|