03-12-2010, 09:49 PM
Master Khana nice avy

what makes you say she's a bad Muslim?

Roshina
03-12-2010, 11:30 PM
Sania Mirza is a idiot.
How so?

She not even a good muslim anyway
How do you define a good Muslim? Does every Muslim live up to your -- or any other "good Muslim's" standards? Based on your standards and beliefs about how a Muslim should be, can you honestly say that there exists ANY "good" Muslim anywhere?

And are you a "good" Muslim yourself?

Roshina
03-12-2010, 11:40 PM
@ Zakir Naik's video:
The REASON the media doesn't go to the Christian priest and asks him, "Is a Christian woman allowed to dress like Serena Williams?" is that you don't see Christian priests or ulema/scholars giving fatwas against women and men who are "going against their religion."

It's silly to compare the *way* that Muslims practice their religion to the way that Christians practice theirs. I thought the WHOLE WORLD had established by now that, generally speaking, Muslims take their religion much, much, much more seriously than Christians do.

So the media went to the ulema to ask them if what Sania Mirza is wearing is allowed in Islam or not *because* they KNEW that sooner or later, the "ulema" and even the ordinary Muslims will themselves start slandering Sania Mirza for her dressing style, and say, "See, see, THIS is why playing sports is haraam for Muslim girls! THIS is EXACTLY why Allah, Subhanahu wa ta'aala, mae it haraam for girls to be outside their homes," and so on. And I guarantee you it'll make sooo much sense to SO many Muslims you'll be shocked.

It's the same reason that the media doesn't run to the Hindu priests or Hindu culture and asks, "Are Hindu women allowed to wear bikinis in public?" Hindus don't make a fuss when they watch Indian movies, and females are dressed in a way that doesn't fit their cultural/traditional standards.

But what do Muslims do when they see a Muslim film or tv show in which Muslim women's legs are showing? Even *I* used to be SO offended, till recently, when I'd see Muslim girls/women on tv wearing short skirts and would curse the producers of the show for allowing it to happen. We start repenting and cursing those who are involved in making it happen. Simple. Christians, Hindus, and other non-Muslims don't do that (generally speaking).

Roshina
03-12-2010, 11:53 PM
So is it ok for Sania mirza to do what she is doing?

The "So" in your question is confusing me. My post wasn't about whether what she's doing is wrong or not. In fact, that's not for me to decide that. It's not for ANYONE to decide that.

She's not the only Muslim who has done, is doing, or will do anything that's generally considered "un-Islamic." Why put only her on the spotlight? There are tonnns of other Muslims who don't do every single thing Islam commands them to do. Some drink alcohol *strongly believing it's haraam* but pray regularly; others pray but never drink alcohol; others commit fornication/adultery but pray; others mistreat or disrespect their parents and family members but pray and do most other things Islam commands them to do; others don't dress the way most Muslims believe they should dress but fulfill other (Islamic) obligations of theirs.

I *honestly* believe that Sania Mirza is JUST as Muslim as at least most, if not all, other Muslims are (and this includes our scholars, because they're just as human as everyone else is and they, TOO, are prone to committing sins). Sania Mirza's "crime" or "un-Islamicness" is apparent and has been publicized, but the "crimes" and "un-Islamicness" of most other Muslims aren't often publicized. So we *really* don't know who's a good Muslim and who's not, or what they're doing is "wrong" or "right."

(I will think it's wrong/right/neither in my mind, but I will not say it out loud.)

Apriday
03-12-2010, 11:56 PM
Zakir Naik is a genius!

Talal
03-17-2010, 02:14 AM
I used to live on rez and i was new in the city so had no way of getting halal food...I asked the Aramark guys(the company that catters food on-campus) to arrange for some halal food, and they said that they can only bring in some halal chicken but its too much hassle cookin it so this lady who used to work their went out of her way to make sure she cooked some halal food for me and for the other muslims living on campus.

The reason i mention this stroy is that its not our place really to judge how other muslims are, who knows she might have done something good even one such thing that appeals more to Allah SWT than the rest of her bad deeds. However, her dress is inappropriate and she might influence other girls who look up to her to do the same.

Laila
03-17-2010, 02:27 AM
In high school, i was dying to join the volleyball, basketball, and track-and-field team. I was really good too, but my mother would not allow me because of the team uniforms :cry: it made me so sad. And i talked to the coaches and let them know the only way i would join is if the uniforms were more modest for me, they did not budge and neither did I.

As for the athletes, you know the team members wear skimpy shorts and spandex (volleyball) and sleeveless tops, what are we supposed to do then? Really, i dont want to hear what Zakir Naik says, i want to hear what would YOU do?

Talal
03-17-2010, 02:33 AM
In high school, i was dying to join the volleyball, basketball, and track-and-field team. I was really good too, but my mother would not allow me because of the team uniforms :cry: it made me so sad. And i talked to the coaches and let them know the only way i would join is if the uniforms were more modest for me, they did not budge and neither did I.

As for the athletes, you know the team members wear skimpy shorts and spandex (volleyball) and sleeveless tops, what are we supposed to do then? Really, i dont want to hear what Zakir Naik says, i want to hear what would YOU do?

thats pretty much the story of any muslim girl who goes to high school here, i think its a matter of prejudice against muslims...they allow sikhs to wear turbans yet they wont allow a muslim girl to dress modestly. It was a big deal a year ago when this one team was told they couldnt keep the muslim girl with the hijab, but turns out her entire team on which she was the only muslim dropped out of the competition for her.

Palwasha
03-17-2010, 01:16 PM

Ahh dude I was in the same position. They'd ask me to join the teams and I'd have to explain to the teacher that the clothes are immodest and that I don't feel comfortable dressing like that or even playing infront of guys. PLUS convincing my mum would've been a mission.

BUT I did do netball for a bit, as they did allow me to cover up properly. Even in college I'd get asked to play sport, it's like how many no's will it take?

I'm dying to get back into it though....to go to the tennis courts, swimming or even cycling, *sigh*.
My plan is to drag one of my brother's along with me, in the early hours of the morning when no one is around. =D

Master Khan
03-17-2010, 01:31 PM

Ahh dude I was in the same position. They'd ask me to join the teams and I'd have to explain to the teacher that the clothes are immodest and that I don't feel comfortable dressing like that or even playing infront of guys. PLUS convincing my mum would've been a mission.

BUT I did do netball for a bit, as they did allow me to cover up properly. Even in college I'd get asked to play sport, it's like how many no's will it take?

I'm dying to get back into it though....to go to the tennis courts, swimming or even cycling, *sigh*.
My plan is to drag one of my brother's along with me, in the early hours of the morning when no one is around. =D

Really?

Palwasha
03-17-2010, 01:42 PM
^Well not mixed of course and definitely not any of my brothers. :shock:

(I mean the other two things....) :oops:

Dukemina
03-17-2010, 01:47 PM
^I go swimming and I wear hijab! *Muaaahahahahhaaaaaaaa*

My father is a strong believer in "If the sons can do it, so can the daughter and we'll do whatever we can to make that possible" :P

(Btw, Khaney, your brothers ARE people you can swim around...kana?)

Master Khan
03-17-2010, 01:58 PM
^Well not mixed of course and definitely not any of my brothers. :shock:

(I mean the other two things....) :oops:

well of course you wouldn't..don't know you mean by "other to things" but leave it.

Back on topic, Sania Mirza is not even a good player anyway, always gets beat.

Palwasha
03-17-2010, 01:58 PM
^I go swimming and I wear hijab! *Muaaahahahahhaaaaaaaa*

My father is a strong believer in "If the sons can do it, so can the daughter and we'll do whatever we can to make that possible" :P

(Btw, Khaney, your brothers ARE people you can swim around...kana?)

Lol, I LOVE swimming!

Aokana, but I could only ever swim infront of the youngest =)

Aw MashAllah your father's cute :)

Palwasha
03-17-2010, 01:59 PM
well of course you wouldn't..don't know you mean by "other to things" but leave it.

The other sports wror :P

Master Khan
03-17-2010, 02:02 PM

The other sports wror :P

umm.. look like something rude.
Preeda khor, di Sania Mirza khabaro ko :).

Palwasha
03-17-2010, 02:29 PM
^Oh gosh =/

Just so we're clear lol, I meant go cycling or play tennis (other *two* things) with my brother...

Master Khan
03-17-2010, 02:42 PM
^Oh gosh =/

Just so we're clear lol, I meant go cycling or play tennis (other *two* things) with my brother...
Oh ok lol!!

Dinosaur Khan
03-18-2010, 06:17 PM
i am big fan of you sania, You are great player, dont come under pressure, wear the dress you want u desire most..... and dont weep if some one call u an idiot.

Roshina
03-19-2010, 01:36 AM
i am big fan of you sania, You are great player, dont come under pressure
I agree, Jodigul. It's silly how some people, simply because they don't like the way she dresses, will say, "She's not even a good player anyway." 8-)

Dinosaur Khan
03-19-2010, 06:39 AM
^ Muslims have make tamasha of poor girl, it is mental torturing.

i dont understand why XYZ and ABS has a right to dictate me about dress.

Master Khan
03-19-2010, 10:04 AM
i am big fan of you sania, You are great player, dont come under pressure
I agree, Jodigul. It's silly how some people, simply because they don't like the way she dresses, will say, "She's not even a good player anyway." 8-)

well then let see what she has won

Legend: Before 2009 Legend: Starting in 2009
Grand Slam tournaments (0)
WTA Championships (0)
Premier Mandatory (0)
Premier 5(0)
Premier(0)
International (1)

She has won 1 cup...lol

Dinosaur Khan
03-19-2010, 10:09 AM
^ still its a great achievement for a women who belong to a country where tenis is not popular at all.

Master Khan
03-19-2010, 10:10 AM
^ still its a great achievement for a women who belong to a country where tenis is not popular at all.

out of 1.3 Billion people (half of them are probably women) they can't find a good tennis player.
I don't hate her but she is not a good tennis player.

Dinosaur Khan
03-19-2010, 10:18 AM
Actualy people there are dying from hunger and poverty and are bothered about managing 2 times meal for themselves. Females there are indulged mostly saas-bahoo game.
In such conditions sania mirza is a refreshing and inspiring figure for women there.

Dinosaur Khan
03-19-2010, 11:40 AM
That is true, but not so sure if you can justify her clothing with Islamic standards.
Islamically her cloths are not upto standards but again who are we to decide what she should wear or not. She and her parents are the ones to decide.

Roshina
03-20-2010, 02:13 AM
I as a Muslim have the right to comment on such immoral,unethical actions under the name of Islam.
If she says she is not a Muslim, Id care less. But if she thinks she falls under the Islamic jurisprudence, That is a smack in our face.

There are many Muslims who don't pray, don't pay zakat, don't dress "properly," and don't do many other things that Muslims believe they're supposed to do. Does that make then un-Islamic or non-Muslim?

There are also Muslims who do things they're not supposed to do, like drinking, fornicating, getting angry and violent, disrespecting parents, and so on. Does their negligence of these Islamic values make them un-Islamic or non-Muslim?

Do these people fall under "the Islamic jurisprudence"?
Should they stop calling themselves Muslims just because of what they do that they're not supposed to do, or for not doing what they're supposed to do?

Master Khan
03-20-2010, 09:46 AM
Actualy people there are dying from hunger and poverty and are bothered about managing 2 times meal for themselves. Females there are indulged mostly saas-bahoo game.
In such conditions sania mirza is a refreshing and inspiring figure for women there.

Well then she is not a good inspiring figure for muslim women then.

Dinosaur Khan
03-20-2010, 10:14 AM
^Ofcourse her speciality is sports not religoun. She is dedicated to tenis game and all stuff related to it ,not doing tabligh.

Master Khan
03-20-2010, 02:12 PM
Agreed.

Let her live guys!

We are not going to kill her, we are just speaking about Religion and her.

Dinosaur Khan
03-20-2010, 02:29 PM
We are not going to kill her, we are just speaking about Religion and her.

Your avatar make me feel that you have killer intent.

Master Khan
03-20-2010, 02:33 PM
Your avatar make me feel that you have killer intent.

LOL I would never kill A female, If someone if trying to kill me or trying to kidnap then its a different story.

Roshina
03-21-2010, 02:36 AM
LOL I would never kill A female, If someone if trying to kill me or trying to kidnap then its a different story.

Would you kill a male, though? Or only unless it's for self-defense purposes?... what about when a female tries to kidnap/kill you?

What I mean, I guess, is ... why not just say "I would never kill. If someone's trying to kill me or trying to kidnap me, then it's a different story" instead of "I would never kill a female ..."? :)

And why WOULDN'T you kill a female, bro, if you'd willing kill a male (when/if necessary, I mean)?

Roshina
03-21-2010, 02:39 AM
If they do not follow Islamic rules, They might as well should consider themselves as non-Muslim.

No Iman= no Muslim.

In that case, I guess ALL Muslims should call themselves non-Muslims, since ALL Muslims commit sins. Right?

I'm not sure why you'd think that someone who dresses differently than you believe Islam wants them to doesn't have Iman. Or if someone commits a sin, she/he doesn't have Iman.

Dinosaur Khan
03-21-2010, 08:07 AM
Hate the sin not sinner

Master Khan
03-21-2010, 10:28 AM
Would you kill a male, though? Or only unless it's for self-defense purposes?... what about when a female tries to kidnap/kill you?

What I mean, I guess, is ... why not just say "I would never kill. If someone's trying to kill me or trying to kidnap me, then it's a different story" instead of "I would never kill a female ..."? :)

And why WOULDN'T you kill a female, bro, if you'd willing kill a male (when/if necessary, I mean)?

Well..Only in Self-defense and it mostly its a men that do kipnaping in pakistan.

Master Khan
03-21-2010, 08:45 PM
^Its those Beghairat people that do such actions in Pakistan such as kidnapping.

My blood boils when someone disrespects our Pakhtana

Yeah everyone hates kidnappers, I always carry a gun when I am in Pakistan and if anyone try to kidnap me then I will send them to God.
I am a nice and peaceful by the way :).

Dinosaur Khan
03-21-2010, 08:51 PM
Yeah everyone hates kidnappers, I always carry a gun when I am in Pakistan and if anyone try to kidnap me then I will send them to God.
I am a nice and peaceful by the way :).

In southren areas kidnapings by talibans for money has become very common.... they need to money to continue fighting.

Talal
03-29-2010, 01:38 PM
isn't this the gal marrying shoaib malik ?

Master Khan
03-29-2010, 01:43 PM
isn't this the gal marrying shoaib malik ?
Yeah I didn't know about that?

Master Khan
03-29-2010, 01:47 PM
Well atleast she is marrying a muslim :)..I am happy for her.

Talal
03-29-2010, 01:49 PM
Well atleast she is marrying a muslim :)..I am happy for her.

How did he pull this off though ?? daym the guys a "playa"

Indian tennis star Sania Mirza and Pakistani cricketer Shoaib Malik may tie the nuptial knot in April.
According to some Pakistani media reports, Sania and Shoaib have been in a relationship for the last six months. This had led to disruption in the Hyderabad girl's earlier engagement to childhood friend Sohrab Mirza.
It is believed that Shoaib's mother met Sania's family in Hyderabad and finalized their marriage.
The wedding ceremony of both the sports stars will take place in April, while the walima reception will be hosted by Shoaib on April 16 or 17 in Lahore, The News reports.
Shoaib was earlier engaged to another Hyderabad girl, Ayesha Siddiqui

Palwasha
03-30-2010, 10:24 AM
^Ohh wow, lets see how long it lasts, he sure likes his Indian girls...

Also came across it on the BBC today:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/8594166.stm

Master Khan
03-30-2010, 02:17 PM
It might last a good 2 years. She has a nice body.
no It would be forever!!