View Full Version : How often do you preform Salaah? And you have any problems preforming Salaah?

شمله ور خراساني
05-30-2010, 10:25 AM
As salaamu aleikoum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

How often do you preform Salaah?
And do you have any problems preforming Salaah?
What prevents you from performing Salaah regularly 5 times a day?
Do you perform additional prescribed Sunnah prayers?
How often do you preform those additional prayers?
How about Qiyaam al Layl?
Do you have problems with preforming ablution at work or school?

Muslimah
05-30-2010, 10:36 AM
I think sometimes its hard to pray on time with our jobs. I am at work during dhuhr, and my lunch is always before it so I have to wait an hour later when I get home. But, thats probably common amongst everyone.

I also often dream I wake up for fajr and I actually don't. I turn off my alarm and dream away...then wake up and realize my prayer mat hasn't moved since Isha. Does this happen to you? Its realllly frustrating!

شمله ور خراساني
05-30-2010, 10:41 AM
This thread should spark a healthy discussion and hopefully it will help the members to get educated about prayer.

Muslimah
05-30-2010, 10:44 AM
^ inshAllah

AfghanSoulja
05-30-2010, 02:11 PM
I don't wake up for fajr.. Other ones I try to catch em, but my biggest problem is I can't maintain concentration while praying..don't know Arabic so have no idea what I'm reciting that causes me to either make a lot of mistakes, pray too fast and stuff like that

شمله ور خراساني
05-30-2010, 02:14 PM
I don't wake up for fajr.. Other ones I try to catch em, but my biggest problem is I can't maintain concentration while praying..don't know Arabic so have no idea what I'm reciting that causes me to either make a lot of mistakes, pray too fast and stuff like that
Would you be able to imrove your prayer habit if I gave you some material to help you learn the meaning of the prayer, and read more about prayer to understand how to maintain your concentration?

Muslimah
05-30-2010, 02:17 PM
^ I don't understand arabic - except the ones in my prayer. I memorized them in english and arabic. So when I say them in arabic, I am concentrating on the words in english so that inshAllah my parents are accepted and understood.
You just have to make that effort. You can also pin up the translation on a wall in front of you while you're praying and read off that until you're learning them. Because you will be reciting it 5x a day - you'll learn it really quickly inshAllah!

Muslimah
05-30-2010, 02:24 PM
u need a wife to beat ur butt outta bed!

Pakhtunzai
05-30-2010, 02:48 PM
Ahh fajr salaah is my favourite..I would love to wake up for that salaah..don't know what you guys are complaining about lol..

Insha allah slowly i'm building up my salaah at the moment I regularly go to jumuah.

Muslimah
05-30-2010, 02:51 PM
fajr is hard. But by far the most rewarding prayer. When I re-wake after fajr and my hours sleeping after it, I feel so happy and proud of myself. When I miss it because I sleep through my alarm or dream I had already prayed, I feel like my day doesn't start off right.

Pakhtunzai
05-30-2010, 02:58 PM
fajr is hard. But by far the most rewarding prayer. When I re-wake after fajr and my hours sleeping after it, I feel so happy and proud of myself. When I miss it because I sleep through my alarm or dream I had already prayed, I feel like my day doesn't start off right.

Soo true..I feel really light in my heart when i pray fajr, plus i'm a morning person anyway and in the winter I wake up right on cue for fajr (5-7am) yayy:)

Muslimah
05-30-2010, 03:07 PM
ya but the summer is different. Its like 3 hours into my sleep. But for those of you who skip fajr, seriously, you need to try harder. You need to fear Allah. Make the intention to atleast set your alarm and get up for it. Then when it goes off and you fight to not want to get up - keep in mind that is shaytan telling you to miss your prayers! Then tell him where to shove it, and get up and pray!

Muslimah
05-30-2010, 03:23 PM
toba toba :P
why?
ps - did u go to UW?

Muslimah
05-30-2010, 03:29 PM
Don't you all fear Allah swt? If you can't even find time in your day to pray 5x - you aren't even completing the MINIMUM requirements to being Muslim! There were times I didn't get a break for 16 hours, and I would go home and perform 4 prayers before bed. But my intentions were to do them, and so I did.
If you're sitting on PF for more than 20 minutes - you can EASILY find 20 minutes (spread out throughout the day) to perform your salaat.
If you pray, trust me, you'll get used to it, it will become a part of your life, and you will feel MUCH better about yourself.

AnGaaR
05-30-2010, 06:17 PM
Alhamdullilah i pray 5 times a day with sunna.. sometimes i miss fajr prayer but i pray it laterz before zuhr or with zurh..

The only problem i got is when i do niatt,i think its not perfect so do it again.. takes me 4 to 5 times to do niat from heart...
i sometimes forget too that how many rakats left or prayed..

شمله ور خراساني
05-30-2010, 06:27 PM
Alhamdullilah i pray 5 times a day with sunna.. sometimes i miss fajr prayer but i pray it laterz before zuhr or with zurh..

The only problem i got is when i do niatt,i think its not perfect so do it again.. takes me 4 to 5 times to do niat from heart...
i sometimes forget too that how many rakats left or prayed..

Niyat the way we are taught in Afghanistan is unnecessary. There is no evidence from the sunnah that a muslim should or suppose to do niyat like we are taught to do in Afghanistan. Allah knows of your heart. Just by intending to pray and saying takbir, you have fullfilled the condition of "niyah". You don't need a long sentence. Allah knows what you intend.

AnGaaR
05-30-2010, 06:42 PM
^ Iknow.. that what a maulavi back in dubai told me too..
He said that when u perform udhu... thats ur nait for salah...
Or say Nawat -o- saleit Salat al farj,asr or etc and in the end say Farz or suna.. thats all

Inshallah i will solve this problem.. :)

Master Khan
05-30-2010, 07:01 PM
I wish they would read azan in britian so I know what is namaz..like in Pakistan.
during ramadan I use to do fajr namaaz aswell...I try and do it tomorrow inshallah :)

Muslimah
05-30-2010, 07:03 PM
If u leave ur computer on and have islamic finder the azan will go off for u :)

Master Khan
05-30-2010, 07:06 PM
Tomorrow I will pray 5 times :)

Master Khan
05-30-2010, 07:07 PM
the best thing to do is set the alrams for prayer times
I am going to set alrams for all 5 prays :)

Muslimah
05-30-2010, 07:08 PM
otherwise you're grounded for 1 month, no computer, no PF

Muslimah
05-30-2010, 07:09 PM
http://www.islamicfinder.org/athanDownload.php
i highly recommend this!

شمله ور خراساني
the best thing to do is set the alrams for prayer times
I am going to set alrams for all 5 prays :)

Download Athan (Azan) Software 3.9 for over 6 Million cities Prayer Times Athan (Azan) 3.9 allows you to hear automatic Athan (Azan) at the right time five times a day on every prayer time. Most Accurate Prayer times, Qiblah direction, Hijri Islamic Calendar, and many beautiful Athan (Azan, Adhan) sounds. More than 10 Million Athan Downloads Worldwide. The most popular religious software according to download.com

شمله ور خراساني
i highly recommend this! You beat me. I posted that right after you.

Muslimah
05-30-2010, 07:10 PM
^ see we think alike :)

Master Khan
05-31-2010, 01:14 PM
Dame I miss the morning pray..Its 4 am here and I go to sleep at 2 am....I think I should stay awake till 4 am and pray and then go to sleep.

Master Khan
05-31-2010, 01:29 PM
When I am in Waziristan I pray all the time.

but in the west I miss a lot of prayers.
In my village is easy to pray 5 times because everyone gets up to pray and mosques are just 2 mins from your house. but here its hard.

Laila
05-31-2010, 04:16 PM
I wake up every morning for Fajr...though it is very hard for me, but its not bad at all because its a habit. I pray nafl when i wake up before i eat breakfast. I pray Maghrib and Isha on time. During school, it was hard for me to do Zuhr and Asr on time because of my lectures and tutoring meetings. But i prayed Nafl for those. Now that i am out of school, alhamdillullah, i pray 5x times a day.

Muslimah
05-31-2010, 04:19 PM
^ yay laila! I am so proud of you! :)

I don't know what I would do without my prayers. It calms me and allows me to re-focus on whats important!

For those of you who don't pray - don't expect much from Allah, and don't expect Jannah!

Laila
05-31-2010, 04:30 PM
Thanks roomie! yeah honestly without duas, how can you even live life you know? i cant miss a day of prayer, the only reason why i miss it is if i am excused from it, other than that, nahhhhh i gotta pray

i so agree with you, that 5 minutes of prayer puts me at ease, and comforts me a lot.

Master Khan
05-31-2010, 05:18 PM
Read this Dua to become Personally Regular In Prayer.

Rabbji alnee muqee massalati wamin thurriyatee rabbana wata-qabbal dua :).

Muslimah
05-31-2010, 05:28 PM
I would be scared not to miss a prayer. I want to go to jannah inshAllah.

For those of you who don't pray - I don't get how they're not scared. TOBA

شمله ور خراساني
05-31-2010, 06:48 PM
This looks like a very religious forum. Check out the poll results so far.

Laila
05-31-2010, 09:20 PM
I always pray with my eyes closed. It helps me to concentrate better. When i pray in my own room, i turn off the lights, well except for Fajr

Son of Mountains
05-31-2010, 11:24 PM
I try my best to Qaim Salath

king-zazai
06-03-2010, 07:21 PM
^ yay laila! I am so proud of you! :)

I don't know what I would do without my prayers. It calms me and allows me to re-focus on whats important!

For those of you who don't pray - don't expect much from Allah, and don't expect Jannah!

sllam walak and i no ur new 2 islam but 1 thing new muslims do is they r like " WAT U DONT PRAY" or " U DO WAT!!" they r like HRAM HELL HELL HARAM hehe u no wat i mean???

well its not like that u dont no who or who is not goin 2 janat i can give u a few hadiths abou this if u want but dont judge cause that person tommrow could be a better muslim than u

king-zazai
06-03-2010, 07:22 PM
I always pray with my eyes closed. It helps me to concentrate better. When i pray in my own room, i turn off the lights, well except for Fajr

the prohet(saw) sayed do not pray in the dark...........

king-zazai
06-03-2010, 07:35 PM

yaa bro alot of afgahns have this same problem they dont no what they r saying but.....

you dont have 2 learn full arabic like my man zakir nai sayed u got 2 no what ur sayin cause we r not praying 2 pictures or thins we r paryain with our words...

and u just need 2 no surah faithah and wen ur in sujut and other positons those arabic words u got 2 no in english or pashot what ever language suites u and understand better and say it in the bak of ur head so ya try 2 learn these there r many websites u can leaearn from

it will help ALOT!!! and u wont race threw ur prayers......

Muslimah
06-03-2010, 08:12 PM
^ thanks for your input brother.

All I was saying is, there are 5 pillars to Islam - one of them is regular prayer. And if people aren't even meeting the minimum requirements of what it is to be Muslim, they can't expect much reward from Allah swt, right?

I mean, there are men in Guantanamo bay who get beat for praying, and they still find time to pray. No matter how busy our day is, missing prayer (in my eyes) is not excusable. But intention counts, we must make the intention to pray.

So I apologize if we disagree but I do find prayer to be important/mandatory as a Muslim, and I don't feel like people should think too highly of themselves as a Muslim if they can't even perform the 5 pillars of Islam - which is the minimum requirement to be Muslim. Being Muslim isn't just a name in my eyes. Its a lifestyle. But I do appreciate your opinion - naturally we're both entitled to our own. :)

inqilab
06-03-2010, 08:24 PM
First obligation that we will be question about is salah. if that goes well, than everythign else afterward will also.

inqilab
06-03-2010, 08:26 PM
the prohet(saw) sayed do not pray in the dark...........

You can pray in the dark. Having lights on is not a mandatory act of prayer.

Muslimah
06-03-2010, 08:52 PM
I like praying with dim lights. It is more calming. Scary enough - when I pray in the dark, I have had spirits come around - on a few occasions. So the light seems to keep them away.

king-zazai
06-04-2010, 01:08 AM
You can pray in the dark. Having lights on is not a mandatory act of prayer.

Praying in the dark:
It can't be all dark at the place your praying, there has to be some type of light. It doesn't have to be a strong light, it can be a dim one this is hat the scholors have sayed its notgood 2 pray in a dark place

king-zazai
06-04-2010, 01:10 AM
^ thanks for your input brother.

All I was saying is, there are 5 pillars to Islam - one of them is regular prayer. And if people aren't even meeting the minimum requirements of what it is to be Muslim, they can't expect much reward from Allah swt, right?

I mean, there are men in Guantanamo bay who get beat for praying, and they still find time to pray. No matter how busy our day is, missing prayer (in my eyes) is not excusable. But intention counts, we must make the intention to pray.

So I apologize if we disagree but I do find prayer to be important/mandatory as a Muslim, and I don't feel like people should think too highly of themselves as a Muslim if they can't even perform the 5 pillars of Islam - which is the minimum requirement to be Muslim. Being Muslim isn't just a name in my eyes. Its a lifestyle. But I do appreciate your opinion - naturally we're both entitled to our own. :)

nono i dont think prayer is importan OF COURSE it is as every muslim should do it.

am saying that just because you pray odes not mean you are going 2 heavan its ONE way yes but in the end there r many thigns we must do so just saying that dont judge any1....

Laila
06-04-2010, 01:51 AM
The only reason why i pray in the dark is because its allows more focus in my concentration of prayer. If it is permitted, then i will continue to do so. I have not found that it is forbidden so i am okay :)