View Full Version : India's response during any nuclear attack will be heavy: IAF Chief

Toramana
08-05-2011, 06:12 PM
New Delhi, Jul 26 - IAF Chief Air Chief Marshal P V Naik today said India followed a 'no-first-use' nuclear policy but warned its response would be "very heavy" in the event of any nuclear attack on the country.

"Our nuclear policy is of no first use. It also talks about a very heavy response in case of a nuclear attack. It talks about a retaliatory and hard response, our policy talks about that," Naik, who demits office this Sunday, told a press conference.

Naik was responding to a query on the new Pakistani tactical nuclear missile 'Nasr' which is touted to be a 'game-changer' in future warfare.

He did not agree that the new missile will be a 'game-changer'.

"Tactical or strategic, it is a nuclear weapon. So, obviously our response would be absolutely violent as per our existing policy. I don't think it is a game-changer," he added.

Pakistan recently successfully tested 'Nasr', a short-range nuclear capable ballistic missile which can hit targets in the range of 60 kms.

Asked if there was any need to be concerned over the assessment in some quarters that Pakistan had an edge over India in terms of the nuclear warheads, the IAF chief said, "there is no need to be worried on this."

Meanwhile, responding to a query on the role of HAL, Naik said that the aerospace PSU had provided great support to the IAF in the last 50-60 years.

He said already some steps were being initiated by the Government to streamline the procedures in the company for "improving the quality". PTI

http://www.lensonnews.com/news_detail.php?cID=1&nID=51&aID=4343 (http://www.lensonnews.com/news_detail.php?cID=1&nID=51&aID=4343)

Talal
08-05-2011, 06:26 PM
Thats a pretty intense statement to make over a single missile test..as far as Nasr is concerned, i dont know whether its a game changer or not but it definitely gives the Cold-start doctrine something to think about

FYI: these kinda statements are a norm between the two countries

sthek
08-06-2011, 06:28 AM
^^

Actually that statement was given in response to pakistani newspaper carrying news about testing 24 nuclear warheads in a year(which i highly doubt about plutonium plant)

about nasr with range of 60km would be suicide would pakistan blow up their own country?? while indian army entering pakistan,with increasing gap in defence budget pakistan can't match up with India,so they are desparate to go nuclear way.

Already india has tested Prahaar missile with the range of 150 kilometers for Cold start,As far as nuclear Wahead is concerned Agni-V will be ready by december mainly for defence agains't china

MostafaM
08-06-2011, 06:41 AM
How about running water, electricity, water treatment plants and feeding the poor instead of this stupid "winky comparison" on a political and military level?

sthek
08-06-2011, 12:01 PM
How about running water, electricity, water treatment plants and feeding the poor instead of this stupid "winky comparison" on a political and military level?

security should be highest priority for any country.

Having said that india's defence budget is just 3 percent of total GDP,there is more then enough budget for development but unlike china, india moves at slow pace lot of corruption from minister level to lower government employee,india has contracts close to 150 billion usd for civilian nuclear technology for next 10 years, majority of power geneartion comes through coal only 3percent from uranium,also india is working thorium reactors and has highest deposits of thorium in the world,recently large reserves of uranium mines were in found south india but we need technology from west

dunno much about pakistan defence budget,last time i checked their defence budget was much higher then their budget on education

Talal
08-06-2011, 06:06 PM
^^

Actually that statement was given in response to pakistani newspaper carrying news about testing 24 nuclear warheads in a year(which i highly doubt about plutonium plant)

about nasr with range of 60km would be suicide would pakistan blow up their own country?? while indian army entering pakistan,with increasing gap in defence budget pakistan can't match up with India,so they are desparate to go nuclear way.

Already india has tested Prahaar missile with the range of 150 kilometers for Cold start,As far as nuclear Wahead is concerned Agni-V will be ready by december mainly for defence agains't china

actually it wasn't, Army chiefs dont respond to the garam masala in the news-papers.

And yes Pakistanis are exactly that stupid that they made a new 60km mark missile when they already have Hatf-1B with 100km range ::rolleyes::

So no Nasr wasn't made to perform suicide missile tests inside Pakistani territory, rather given your cold-start doctrine where you guys say you will be able to mobilize specialized units within four days to launch surgical strikes in Pakistan. The purpose of this missile was to inflict maximum damage using small enough nuclear warheads to those units within the Indian territory. Its main advantage is indeed the size of the nuclear warhead it carries, its too small to wipe out a city, but it is big enough to take care of those cold-start units.

Its other main purpose which i think is even important than its battlefield advantage is that it will act as a very formidable to the proponents of your cold-start doctrine. As per India, in case of a terror attack on your soil your army would like to perform surgical strikes within the Pakistani territory to strike these so-called terror camps and the aim of these strikes would be to take care of these camps before the scenario escalates to a full-blown war where the possibility of using nukes is almost guaranteed. So what Nasr does is that it lowers that nuclear threshold very considerably.

The entire point of cold-start doctrine is to "punish" Pakistan without us going nuclear, however with Nasr that is impossible since Nasr a nuclear missile will be our frontline weapon against these units so essentially the possibility of a nuclear war at a much earlier stage is much higher.

And last of all, Prahaar isnt a reaction to Nasr..DRDO was working on it as an independent project. Prahaar can't carry a nuclear warhead so its about as useful as a Smerch, and Nasr is a multi-tube ballistic missile so there ya go

plus as per the reports range on Nasr can be increased

unknownprince
08-06-2011, 06:45 PM
what good has Pakistans weapons and nuclear capability done for them? Zero zilch.

To the world, instead of protecting "their" citizens, they allow them to be targeted by drones, and instead of defying the US, they at times shudder.

With all those weapons, they make those weapons look useless.

The point of being a nuclear power is so that you can have a deterrent, and also not get pushed and bullied around, not serve the US at every moment.

It is clear now that the so-called generals pocket blood money.

Talal
08-06-2011, 06:55 PM
whatever u say boss

sthek
08-06-2011, 07:04 PM
actually it wasn't, Army chiefs dont respond to the garam masala in the news-papers.

And yes Pakistanis are exactly that stupid that they made a new 60km mark missile when they already have Hatf-1B with 100km range ::rolleyes::

So no Nasr wasn't made to perform suicide missile tests inside Pakistani territory, rather given your cold-start doctrine where you guys say you will be able to mobilize specialized units within four days to launch surgical strikes in Pakistan. The purpose of this missile was to inflict maximum damage using small enough nuclear warheads to those units within the Indian territory. Its main advantage is indeed the size of the nuclear warhead it carries, its too small to wipe out a city, but it is big enough to take care of those cold-start units.

Its other main purpose which i think is even important than its battlefield advantage is that it will act as a very formidable to the proponents of your cold-start doctrine. As per India, in case of a terror attack on your soil your army would like to perform surgical strikes within the Pakistani territory to strike these so-called terror camps and the aim of these strikes would be to take care of these camps before the scenario escalates to a full-blown war where the possibility of using nukes is almost guaranteed. So what Nasr does is that it lowers that nuclear threshold very considerably.

The entire point of cold-start doctrine is to "punish" Pakistan without us going nuclear, however with Nasr that is impossible since Nasr a nuclear missile will be our frontline weapon against these units so essentially the possibility of a nuclear war at a much earlier stage is much higher.

And last of all, Prahaar isnt a reaction to Nasr..DRDO was working on it as an independent project. Prahaar can't carry a nuclear warhead so its about as useful as a Smerch, and Nasr is a multi-tube ballistic missile so there ya go

plus as per the reports range on Nasr can be increased

Holy cow nasr is a tactical missiles not nuclear warhead

on other hand india is developing ABM we can easily manage short-medium range missiles from pakistan,it's the long range we are working,don't get fooled by indian media about nuclear test failure,india has developed lot of new variants of Agni in last two years in low profile do to fear of economic sanctions,india is going to develop 6000km agni V in december,10000km ICBM most probably next year

ABOUT PRAHAAR

Intially 2 regiments will be inducted after couple more tests and evaluating the beast hitting its targets at different ranges with different warheads.
BDL is considering the mass production of AAD which ofcourse has 90% commanality with Prahaar except mission computer,seekers and warheads.
So when ABM gets inducted, Prahaar will be inducted on the side as well. This also acts as a counterweight to confuse enemy which is AAD battery Vs Prahaar

Since PAD is a stop gap measure with limited induction, AAD induction will compensate untill PDV gets ready for Induction.
Lol... just realising how 250-350km range tactical SSM will be fullfilled? It might be a derivative of PDV right from begining itself. This way IA can completely take control of tactical ones and giving some space to nuclear prithvis ofcourse SS-250 and 350 ones. While SS-150s will be continues to use for testing others sub-systems.

As of today, there are over 500 Prithvi-150`s.IA is desperate of using that invetory, so that new ones can be inducted in numbers.Incase of anywar with PAK, IA will be emptying its warehouses of P-I`s.

unknownprince
08-06-2011, 07:16 PM
whatever u say boss

How come Iran has more influence than Pakistan? How come the US is afraid of Iran despite the fact Iran has not got nuclear capability yet? Pakistan I think has more weapons capabilities than Iran, but Iran has more influence.

how come the US was allowed to conduct a raid into Pakistan?

How come Pashtuns are killed by drone attacks?

The outcome of this war is coming to a close.

There is no purpose for FATA and KP to be a part of Pakistan, especially when the Pakistani state allows the people there to be killed by drone attacks.

afgpower
08-06-2011, 07:31 PM
go india!

Talal
08-06-2011, 07:34 PM
Holy cow nasr is a tactical missiles not nuclear warhead

on other hand india is developing ABM we can easily manage short-medium range missiles from pakistan,it's the long range we are working,don't get fooled by indian media about nuclear test failure,india has developed lot of new variants of Agni in last two years in low profile do to fear of economic sanctions,india is going to develop 6000km agni V in december,10000km ICBM most probably next year

ABOUT PRAHAAR

Intially 2 regiments will be inducted after couple more tests and evaluating the beast hitting its targets at different ranges with different warheads.
BDL is considering the mass production of AAD which ofcourse has 90% commanality with Prahaar except mission computer,seekers and warheads.
So when ABM gets inducted, Prahaar will be inducted on the side as well. This also acts as a counterweight to confuse enemy which is AAD battery Vs Prahaar

Since PAD is a stop gap measure with limited induction, AAD induction will compensate untill PDV gets ready for Induction.
Lol... just realising how 250-350km range tactical SSM will be fullfilled? It might be a derivative of PDV right from begining itself. This way IA can completely take control of tactical ones and giving some space to nuclear prithvis ofcourse SS-250 and 350 ones. While SS-150s will be continues to use for testing others sub-systems.

As of today, there are over 500 Prithvi-150`s.IA is desperate of using that invetory, so that new ones can be inducted in numbers.Incase of anywar with PAK, IA will be emptying its warehouses of P-I`s.

yes i did anticipate the rest of your useless rant, you guys do jump ship rather quick. This discussion is about Nasr and Prahaar, and Nasr is a nuke-capable MTBM/BRBM

http://i824.photobucket.com/albums/zz161/Raptorski_/Screenshot2011-08-06at60650PM.png

and yes about prahaar it cannot carry any other warheads except conventional ones so your boys at DRDO will have to cook up something other than AAD copies

you wanna continue this we can goto defence.pk, i know most of you indian fellas come from there :)

sthek
08-06-2011, 07:35 PM
^^

lolz wiki

Talal
08-06-2011, 07:36 PM
There is no purpose for FATA and KP to be a part of Pakistan, especially when the Pakistani state allows the people there to be killed by drone attacks.

like i said evil Pakistan eh :devilish:

you are free to tell people of peshawar to start a movement by the way

Talal
08-06-2011, 07:36 PM
^^

lolz wiki

Prahaar Tactical Missile - a knol by Vijainder K Thakur (http://knol.google.com/k/vijainder-k-thakur/prahaar-tactical-missile/yo54fmdhy2mq/144#)

http://www.thehindu.com/news/international/article1709352.ece

read up the analysis part ? thats an indeon source btw

sthek
08-06-2011, 07:50 PM
Prahaar Tactical Missile - a knol by Vijainder K Thakur (http://knol.google.com/k/vijainder-k-thakur/prahaar-tactical-missile/yo54fmdhy2mq/144#)

read up the analysis part ? thats an indeon source btw

lolz i never denied prahaar being Tactical Missile.

check the same source it says nasr being tactical missile not ballistic missile.

do you know if a ballistic missile with range of 60km if it hits Indian army,nuclear fallout will affect most of punjab region in pakistan.

pakistan have become desparate since they can't match modernization of indian defence,they are going nuclear way to threaten india,that is the reason why india is developing AADS AND ABMS.

unknownprince
08-06-2011, 07:56 PM
like i said evil Pakistan eh :devilish:

you are free to tell people of peshawar to start a movement by the way

It already exists in Waziristan, Mohmand, Bajaur, Orakzai, etc. I am talking about those areas.

I am presenting you facts. Im not trying to annoy you if thats what you think.

Pakistan was highly unwise to support the US war as was the ANP, and theorists have said the consequences will be far reaching.

Why would a Pashtun or Baloch want to be a part of a state that actively permits attacks on them? As Afghanistan becomes a strong nation, what do you think people will do?

Im talking 20 years down the road OBV, the Durrand line will not be an issue.

Talal
08-06-2011, 08:03 PM
lolz i never denied prahaar being Tactical Missile.

check the same source it says nasr being tactical missile not ballistic missile.

do you know if a ballistic missile with range of 60km if it hits Indian army,nuclear fallout will affect most of punjab region in pakistan.

pakistan have become desparate since they can't match modernization of indian defence,they are going nuclear way to threaten india,that is the reason why india is developing AADS AND ABMS.

Man you for real ? do you actually know what you're talking about ? cuz that has to be the most stupidest thing I've heard from someone who wants to discuss missiles " uh it says its only a tactical missile not a ballistic one ":hairy:"

tactical means short-range whereas every frikin missile is ballistic except cruise missiles..why the hell would you have a tactical "non-ballistic" missile..who in their right minds would spend that kinda money to destroy a target just 70~100 kms away

and again it carries a sub-kiloton war-head.. you get nuclear fall-outs from big nuke heads, this is the problem with internet you read a couple of posts on forums and assume you know your crap

sthek
08-06-2011, 08:45 PM
Man you for real ? do you actually know what you're talking about ? cuz that has to be the most stupidest thing I've heard from someone who wants to discuss missiles " uh it says its only a tactical missile not a ballistic one ":hairy:"

tactical means short-range whereas every frikin missile is ballistic except cruise missiles..why the hell would you have a tactical "non-ballistic" missile..who in their right minds would spend that kinda money to destroy a target just 70~100 kms away

and again it carries a sub-kiloton war-head.. you get nuclear fall-outs from big nuke heads, this is the problem with internet you read a couple of posts on forums and assume you know your crap

what i wanted to say his nasr hasn't been proven as a nuclear war-head.(so i had to use ballistic term for ur understanding)
ok let us assume nasr is what you say
do you expect pakistan to use agains't indian army in south india or north-east,only when it enters your territory in act of self defence,even smallest amount of radioactive can cause damage to pakistan,india has no first usage policy,incase of even a small nuclear warhead like nasr what you say used on india or it's civilians,response would be huge direct ballistic missile attack,at best you can destroy indian cities,where as entire pakistan would be gone.

why do pakistani are always so eager about using nuclear warheads,have you seen what happend to japan:banghead: today's missile are much more advance,people don't even know it's full effect
about cold start it's just internet phenomenon from no one from indian army have confirmed it

MostafaM
08-06-2011, 09:48 PM
I don´t get why you two are "wargasming" about the military capabilities of two armies who are at loggerheads but are known to be failures in general.

Let me remind you of Kargil and Bangladesh (Talal).
And Sino-Indian-Borderclash when Chinese infantry rained down on you (shtek).

Boasting about ballistic missiles and nuclear warheads while your people are hungry is not just perverted but disgusting.

I don´t know why some military and civilian establishment crackheads with low self-esteem managed to hijack the future of two countries on the expense of the poor people.

Get real, seriously!

faye
08-06-2011, 09:55 PM
indias poverty numbers have apparently risen since 2007 yet they have all this money for new military jazz. can they brag about that?

Maulik
08-06-2011, 10:22 PM
indias poverty numbers have apparently risen since 2007 yet they have all this money for new military jazz. can they brag about that?

provide a source for ur claim dude. .

Toramana
08-06-2011, 10:41 PM
what i wanted to say his nasr hasn't been proven as a nuclear war-head.(so i had to use ballistic term for ur understanding)
ok let us assume nasr is what you say
do you expect pakistan to use agains't indian army in south india or north-east,only when it enters your territory in act of self defence,even smallest amount of radioactive can cause damage to pakistan,india has no first usage policy,incase of even a small nuclear warhead like nasr what you say used on india or it's civilians,response would be huge direct ballistic missile attack,at best you can destroy indian cities,where as entire pakistan would be gone.

why do pakistani are always so eager about using nuclear warheads,have you seen what happend to japan:banghead: today's missile are much more advance,people don't even know it's full effect
about cold start it's just internet phenomenon from no one from indian army have confirmed it

Kindly, keep Punjab at the target because those are the gabro soldiers and generals of the Punj-Aab whose brains are insensed with that war-tumour. Rest of the people in Pakistan have no animosity with India. I think Lahore, Sialkote, Faisalabad, Rawalpindi, Islamabad, Gujranwala, etc. are the places to target....Even a threat to annihilate these cities will force the Chorys of Punjab to come on all their four to beg for mercy...these are not the kind of people that can stand to pressure...

But all these things should be avoided although I know the jehadi tumour in the minds of the Punjabi generals will make them make the suicidal decision as they have in the past...

I read a CIA study predicting Pakistan/Punjab Army desperate to save Pakistan from collapse will launch a small-scale nuclear attack on Indian military units which will invoke a robust response from Indian...But before Pakistanis/Punjabis try to lauch a second nuclear attack, their nuclear weapons will be destroyed by US.

I fear the situation is retrogressing towards a nuclear showdown between the two countries. In that case, Pashtuns, Baluchis, Sindhis, Siraikis, etc. should decalare not to be a part of war and leave it to the Punjab to bear the consequences.

DannyTannerzai
08-06-2011, 10:48 PM
Kindly, keep Punjab at the target because those are the gabro soldiers and generals of the Punj-Aab whose brains are insensed with that war-tumour. Rest of the people in Pakistan have no animosity with India. I think Lahore, Sialkote, Faisalabad, Rawalpindi, Islamabad, Gujranwala, etc. are the places to target....Even a threat to annihilate these cities will force the Chorys of Punjab to come on all their four to beg for mercy...these are not the kind of people that can stand to pressure...

But all these things should be avoided although I know the jehadi tumour of the Punjabi generals will make the make a suicidal decision as they have in the apst...

I read a CIA study predicting Pakistan/Punjab Army desperate to save Pakistan will launch a small-scale nuclear attack on Indian military units which will invoke a robust response from Indian...But before Pakistanis/Punjabis will try to lauch a second nuclear attack, their nuclear weapons will be destroyed by US.

Christian converts like you need not comment. Kindly proceed toward the gallows where you belong next to Zul Fikaar. Pakistan will survive all your intrigues. Hopefully the ISI will turn you over to the Taliban.

ScimitarXEdge
08-06-2011, 10:54 PM
provide a source for ur claim dude. .

http://fotservis.typepad.com/photos/mother_india_calcutta_var/slums.jpg

sthek
08-06-2011, 10:58 PM

actually it's other way around poverty has decreased but just small amount though check all the latest statics,about miltary check my previous response india uses just 2.4-3 percent of total gdp compare 10-15 percent from pakistan

same from recent reports there is a huge rise in poverty in pakistan

Toramana
08-06-2011, 11:00 PM
Christian converts like you need not comment. Kindly proceed toward the gallows where you belong next to Zul Fikaar. Pakistan will survive all your intrigues. Hopefully the ISI will turn you over to the Taliban.

Those times are over my friend that Zul Fikar etc. used to be hanged. Now the Punjabi generals have to face music---Imagine they tried in the International Court of justice for the genocide and crimes against humanity in Baluchistan, FATA, etc....(also creating terror).

Saddam used to say i will burn the ground underneath the feat of my enemies...ultimately, a humuliating end awaited him (crimes against Kurds and Shias)...

Typical Punjabi chicanery ---use religious propaganda to malign opponents...dig the faith of your grand-pa Jannah ...

sthek
08-06-2011, 11:02 PM

But all these things should be avoided although I know the jehadi tumour in the minds of the Punjabi generals will make them make the suicidal decision as they have in the past...

I read a CIA study predicting Pakistan/Punjab Army desperate to save Pakistan from collapse will launch a small-scale nuclear attack on Indian military units which will invoke a robust response from Indian...But before Pakistanis/Punjabis try to lauch a second nuclear attack, their nuclear weapons will be destroyed by US.

I fear the situation is retrogressing towards a nuclear showdown between the two countries. In that case, Pashtuns, Baluchis, Sindhis, Siraikis, etc. should decalare not to be a part of war and leave it to the Punjab to bear the consequences.

india wouldn't want anything to do with pakistan,why would we loose all our economy growth by going war with pakistan.

if only incidents like mumbai keep on happening especially if bjp comes to power in 2014 things would be defferent

Toramana
08-06-2011, 11:11 PM
india wouldn't want anything to do with pakistan,why would we loose all our economy growth by going war with pakistan.

if only incidents like mumbai keep on happening especially if bjp comes to power in 2014 things would be defferent

I understand that but these are such an insane people and have kind of suicidal sadistic mentality i.e., if I am drowing, I will cause your destruction as well...All the Indo-Pak wars so far were initiated by Pakistan (in all which they were defeated)...

Seeing the collapse of their state, the generals 100% will go for a war with India to maintain national cohesion....

sthek
08-06-2011, 11:13 PM

there is poverty in india,sometimes people over exaggerates about this poverty

Statistics on Poverty in India | P.a.p.-Blog | Human Rights Etc. (http://filipspagnoli.wordpress.com/stats-on-human-rights/statistics-on-poverty/statistics-on-poverty-in-india/)

also it depends on definition of poverty

under 1.25 dollar per day you can easily survive in india,usually indian people show there wealth below to what they have ,they have various benefits like free rice,medical care,reservation in colleges e.t.c for below poverty line

about the slums classic example rubina that girl from slumdog was offered decent home near outskirts of mumbai they didn't accept because land value of that slum which is in center of mumbai they could learn akhs,you will find slums mostly in cities not in town or villages,slums in mumbai have reduced to large extent in last 2 yeras there are still few left

Toramana
08-06-2011, 11:22 PM
"The United States of America uses its B-2 bombers in the year 2012 to launch conventional air-strikes to destroy Pakistani nuclear facilities in a bid to prevent the nukes from falling into the wrong hands. The extraordinary US action follows an unsuccessful Indian conventional attack on Pakistani nukes, and a Retaliatory Pakistani nuclear strike against Indian border forces. This sparks the disintegration and disappearance of Pakistan, and creation of an expanded Indian Confederation or Superstate."

"India demands that Pakistan end the Islamic incursions. When Pakistan fails to respond, India moves into Azad Kashmir. Pakistan issues a nuclear ultimatum for Indian withdrawal from Azad Kashmir. The Chinese echo Pakistan's ultimatum and begin mobilising along India's eastern flank between Nepal and Bhutan to sever the Mizoram-Nagaland-Assam-Sikkim outpost of India, and threaten to use 'all available means to stop Indian aggression'. The US urges restraint, and despite other flashpoints, the US sends naval forces to the Bay of Bengal and warns China to stay out," the study speculates.

Fearing that Pakistan would use its nuclear weapons, India launches an unsuccessful conventional strike on the former's nuclear capabilities. Next, Pakistan launches nuclear strikes against Indian forces along their common border, driven by a "use it or lose it" rationale.

The US intelligence shows that Islamists in Pakistan are seizing the remaining Pakistani nuclear weapons. This goads the US to launch "a conventional strike on Pakistan's nuclear sites".

"The extraordinary US action is also motivated by a desire to preempt a full-scale nuclear exchange between Pakistan and India. The US strikes by deploying deep penetration warheads launched from B-2 bombers to destroy Pakistan's remaining nuclear forces. Faced with the reality of US-Indian cooperation, China backs off on the northeastern front," it adds.
"Total anarchy prevails in Pakistan. The Indian army moves in to restore order. As the country disintegrates, Pakistan's regions accede incrementally to India. The Sindhi, Baluch, and North West Frontier Province parliaments vote to join an Indian-led confederation. An Indian Confederation emerges. Isolated Punjab is compelled to join the confederation and merges with its Indian counterpart to form a greater Punjab province within the confederation," the scenario goes.

http://newsonterror.com/future.html (http://newsonterror.com/future.html)

Toramana
08-06-2011, 11:33 PM
Fun aside, war between India and Pakistan should be avoided at all costs. For that Pakistani leadership would have to show some maturity and Indian leadership large-heartedness. The resources should be diverted to improve the lot of the people and mutual trade and trade in the broader region.

But Indian enmity and war fever, jehadi ferver is so deep in the inhabitants of Punjab that it seems there is little hope sanity will prevail.

DannyTannerzai
08-06-2011, 11:41 PM
Fun aside, war between India and Pakistan should be avoided at all costs. For that Pakistani leadership would have to show some maturity and Indian leadership large-heartedness. The resources should be diverted to improve the lot of the people and mutual trade and trade in the broader region.

But Indian enmity and war fever, jehadi ferver is so deep in the inhabitants of Punjab that it seems there is little hope sanity will prevail.

Yeah sanity coming from a Christian convert who ignores Muslim deaths while telling Muslims to cry about Christain deaths. Go back to your dung heap Miss Tora Mimaa Wannabe. I hope ISI captures you and gives you to Fazlullah.

Toramana
08-06-2011, 11:53 PM
Yeah sanity coming from a Christian convert who ignores Muslim deaths while telling Muslims to cry about Christain deaths. Go back to your dung heap Miss Tora Mimaa Wannabe. I hope ISI captures you and gives you to Fazlullah.

Seems to be too high on Al-Qaueda, Taleban Hashish or alternatively on Mutalia Pakistan opuim...Typical fanatic not able to think out of religious context...

Maulik
08-07-2011, 01:31 AM
Poverty rate declines to 32 per cent: Plan panel http://www.defence.pk/forums/images/smilies/cute/yahoo.gif

The latest data of the Planning Commission indicates that poverty in India has declined to 32 per cent in 2009-10 from 37.2 per cent five years ago. http://www.defence.pk/forums/images/smilies/cute/tup.gif

The preliminary estimates are based on the formula suggested by the Tendulkar Committee for computing the number of poor in the country.

Planning Commission Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia on Wednesday told reporters that the 2009-10 data shows a decline in poverty from 37.2 per cent in 2004-05 to 32 per cent in 2009-10 as per preliminary data worked out by Planning Commission member Abhijit Sen.

The Tendulkar Committee had suggested that poverty should be estimated on the basis on consumption based on cost of living index instead of caloric intake. It said that the basket of goods should also include services like health and education.

The new poverty line, as suggested by the Tendulkar Committee, is different for rich and poor States and also different for rural and urban areas within a State. “These are preliminary data. Mr. Sen has worked on them. He has reported that the 2009-10 data show a decline in poverty from 37 per cent in 2004 to 32 per cent in 2009. I agree with him. I agree with his assessment,’’ Mr. Ahluwalia said.

He said that the National Sample Survey, which conducts large sample surveys every five years, will launch its next round in 2011-12.

Estimates of poverty are important because provision of cheap grains under the proposed Food Security law will be based on these numbers.

Mr. Ahluwalia raised doubts over the feasibility of achieving 10 per cent average economic expansion in the 12th Plan (2012-17) and said the next Plan would target GDP growth of 9 to 9.5 per cent in the next five years. http://www.defence.pk/forums/images/smilies/cute/tup.gif “If you ask me personally, I think setting target of 10 per cent GDP growth as an average for 12th Plan is not feasible. It would be somewhere between 9 to 9.5 in next Plan period,’’ he said.

“Our assessment is that the international situation is full of uncertainty. I feel that if we are looking at a five year period (2012-17), we can do much better than we did in 11th Plan. I don't think that there should be much difficulty setting a target of 9 per cent,’’ he said.

A major area of focus would be on increasing agricultural productivity. “In the 10th Plan agricultural growth was around 2 per cent, in the 11th Plan it looks as if it will be 3 per cent. It won't be 4 per cent that we had targeted. My view would be that in the 12th Plan we must make sure that we can get to 4 per cent,’’ Mr. Ahluwalia said.

The Hindu : Business / Economy : Poverty rate declines from 37.2% to 32% (http://www.thehindu.com/business/Economy/article1712271.ece)

Maulik
08-07-2011, 01:36 AM
Ironic..a rouge pic?

Reducing poverty: India well ahead of Pakistan: World Bank-IMF report

ISLAMABAD (April 09 2008): A new World Bank-IMF report said that India is well ahead of Pakistan in reducing poverty and all South Asian nations are required to do more to keep GDP growth rate at least at 7 percent to achieve millennium development goals (MDGs).

The report, which was launched here at WB office on Tuesday, warned that most countries in South Asia will fall short on the MDGs, a set of globally agreed development goals with due date of 2015.

Much of the world is set to cut extreme poverty in half by 2015, prospects are gravest for the goals of reducing child and maternal mortality, with serious shortfalls also likely in primary school completion, nutrition and sanitation goals. The Global Monitoring Report: MDGs and the Environment-agenda for inclusive and sustainable development stresses the link between environment and development and calls for urgent action on climate change. Pakistan loses around 4 percent of the GDP due to environmental degradation.

"India is doing well on poverty reduction because of its about 9 percent growth for the past some years. Poverty reduction has been less in Pakistan," said Zia Qureshi, the lead author of the report. However, he remained silent on the Pakistan's poverty estimates in which it was claimed that the number of people living below poverty line had been decreased from 34 percent to 24 percent.

Progress towards the MDGs differs drastically across countries, regions, and income groups, according to the report. While most of the poverty reduction between 1990 and 2004 took place in East Asia and Pacific, South Asia would contribute the most to global poverty reduction in the next decade.

However, South Asia will not reach the goal of halving malnutrition rates. In fact, South Asia has the world's highest incidence of child malnutrition. India's malnutrition rate is double than the African average.

The report opines that donors must expedite aid delivery in line with commitments. Sizeable shortfalls loom in the current official development assistance (ODA). Qureshi said ODA comprises just only 8 percent of the aid inflows coming into the developing countries.

Though the overall aid landscape is expanding, ODA-estimated at US $103.7 billion in 2007-has stalled. To meet the G-8 promises to increase aid by $50 billion by 2010, the ODA size must have expanded, said the report.

In 2007, gross concessional flows from multilateral development banks crossed $12 billion, a 10.3 percent increase driven by the International Development Association (IDA). While Asia continued to receive almost half of these flows, Africa received 45 percent in 2007, up from 37 percent in 2000.

The rise in food prices poses a challenge to developing countries. But at the same time, this provides an opportunity as well. The developing as well as the developed countries should liberalise agriculture trade. In the last three years, the world average wheat price has increased by 180 percent. Similar increases are also being witnessed in the prices of rice, other grains and pulses etc.

"This year action on the MDGs, I am particularly concerned about the risks of failing to meet the goal of reducing hunger and malnutrition, the forgotten MDG," said Robert B. Zoellick, the WB president.

As the report shows, reducing malnutrition has a multiplier effect, contributing to success in other MDGs including maternal health, infant mortality and education, he added in written statement.

The growth momentum will have to be sustained and broadened in developing countries in the face of financial turmoil. Developing countries' growth will ease to 6.7 percent, but persistent financial market turmoil and knock-on-effects on growth pose a significant downside risks.

The number of people living on under $1/day in the developing world declined by 278 million between 1990 and 2004, and a stunning 150 million in the last five years of that period.

unknownprince
08-07-2011, 01:41 AM
Toramana, the fact that you are ok with US and India nuking Pakistan, a place where many innocent Muslims live shows more your detest for humanity due to your own failed secular ideals and hatred for Islam.

No wonder you are a person who supports the US war on Afghanistan which kills Afghans everyday. Is this what ANP has produced? Do you think anyone in Afghanistan will ever welcome ANP? NO This is why ANP is a big joke no one will ever take seriously.

You apparently have no regard whatsoever for Afghan life, so then how can one expect you to have regard for the lives of other Muslims.

People do not like Pakistan for their support of the US against the Afghan people.

No Muslim, no moral person will ever support any of the US or Indian wars against Muslim people.

I would never support India to attack Pakistan and kill the Muslims there, never, and I despise the whole state of Pakistan for their slavery to the US, and their selling of our blood to America. You on the other hand support both the war on Afghanistan, therefore, your words lack any credibility whatsoever.

unknownprince
08-07-2011, 01:45 AM
Neither Pakistan or India is a friend to the Afghan people. Not one of them.

I will never support a non-Muslim or Muslim country to attack and kill Muslims or any other innocent people, ever.

unknownprince
08-07-2011, 01:49 AM
This is what Maulik and Toramana also support , and YES, if you support the US war against Afghanistan, then you also support this below.

PressTV - US-led airstrike kills Afghan civilians (http://presstv.com/detail/192670.html)

sthek
08-07-2011, 01:57 AM
Toramana, the fact that you are ok with US and India nuking Pakistan, a place where many innocent Muslims live shows more your detest for humanity due to your own failed secular ideals and hatred for Islam.

No wonder you are a person who supports the US war on Afghanistan which kills Afghans everyday. Is this what ANP has produced? Do you think anyone in Afghanistan will ever welcome ANP? NO This is why ANP is a big joke no one will ever take seriously.

You apparently have no regard whatsoever for Afghan life, so then how can one expect you to have regard for the lives of other Muslims.

People do not like Pakistan for their support of the US against the Afghan people.

No Muslim, no moral person will ever support any of the US or Indian wars against Muslim people.

I would never support India to attack Pakistan and kill the Muslims there, never, and I despise the whole state of Pakistan for their slavery to the US, and their selling of our blood to America. You on the other hand support both the war on Afghanistan, therefore, your words lack any credibility whatsoever.

are you ok with pakistan attacking india which is also home to 130 million muslims

India has no first usage policy on nuclear weapons,it will only attack unless someone does attack first,and we hear lot from pakistani ministers we will nuke india. from all the wars india was never the aggressor except for supporting mukti bahini during 71 war.

anyway our government has no interest in war with pakistan.we have lot more to do with poverty and economy growth,it would be complete disaster to go direct war with pakistan

Maulik
08-07-2011, 02:42 AM
This is what Maulik and Toramana also support , and YES, if you support the US war against Afghanistan, then you also support this below.

PressTV - US-led airstrike kills Afghan civilians (http://presstv.com/detail/192670.html)
just ur rant? lol..quote a single post of mine where i supported US attack on afghanistan...Dont spread propoganda based on lies. ...Keep ur hatred aside ..

unknownprince
08-07-2011, 02:42 AM
[QUOTE=sthek;493218]are you ok with pakistan attacking india which is also home to 130 million muslims No. I will never support Pakistan attacking India, and I do not support Pakistan. However, you thinking that Muslims should support India to attack Pakistan where there are many innocent people living is ridiculous. Killing of innocent civilians can never be tolerated.

anyway our government has no interest in war with pakistan.we have lot more to do with poverty and economy growth,it would be complete disaster to go direct war with pakistan But you are posting here expecting Afghans/Pashtuns to support India war against Muslim people. It will never happen. Afghans despise Pakistan, but they despise India just as equally. India and Pakistan should stop interfering in Afghanistan, and leave Afghans alone just as the US should get the hell out.

Don't ever think Afghans will be happy if other innocent people in the world are attacked. Afghans understand the history of the world. They understand the Kufar Hitler as well as the terrorist attack against Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Don't confuse hatred of the Pakistan state with hatred for Muslims living in Pakistan or any other country. It is not the same.

faye
08-07-2011, 03:43 AM
oxford poverty and human development commission reckons poverty level in india is 55%.

sthek
08-07-2011, 07:50 AM
[QUOTE] No. I will never support Pakistan attacking India, and I do not support Pakistan. However, you thinking that Muslims should support India to attack Pakistan where there are many innocent people living is ridiculous. Killing of innocent civilians can never be tolerated.

But you are posting here expecting Afghans/Pashtuns to support India war against Muslim people. It will never happen. Afghans despise Pakistan, but they despise India just as equally. India and Pakistan should stop interfering in Afghanistan, and leave Afghans alone just as the US should get the hell out.

Don't ever think Afghans will be happy if other innocent people in the world are attacked. Afghans understand the history of the world. They understand the Kufar Hitler as well as the terrorist attack against Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Don't confuse hatred of the Pakistan state with hatred for Muslims living in Pakistan or any other country. It is not the same.

check my posts again cold start doctrine is just some internet myth between fanboys,any war with pakistan would bring disaster to indian economy,with all economic sanctions from rest of the world, india would be at losing end not pakistan. since ur good with history check from all previous wars it's pakistani generals like Ayub khan in 65 to get way from internal threat or musharaff in 99 to coup d defeat from nawaz started war agains't India.

Also i don't expect afghans to help india in case of war nor did i ask you check all my posts,all we want his stability in afghanistan ,not pakistan dictating terms,it could send easily send brainwashed proxy terrorists. .there nothing india can about it just hoping for good

Anyway i don't want to continue this discussion.

Best of luck to afghanistan on it's progress :thumbsup:

Master Khan
08-07-2011, 08:30 AM
are you ok with pakistan attacking india which is also home to 130 million muslims

India has no first usage policy on nuclear weapons,it will only attack unless someone does attack first,and we hear lot from pakistani ministers we will nuke india. from all the wars india was never the aggressor except for supporting mukti bahini during 71 war.

anyway our government has no interest in war with pakistan.we have lot more to do with poverty and economy growth,it would be complete disaster to go direct war with pakistan

Pakistan is Already a disaster, India will be Stupid to go to war with country which already destroyed by its own people.