View Full Version : Few Questions regarding the Religious Significance of Graves

شمله ور خراساني
05-29-2010, 09:06 AM
As salaamu aleikoum,

NOTE: I Request the moderators and fellow members to keep an eye on the behavior of some members who can't control their temper and burst out insults when-ever they are unable to produce reasonable evidences for their claims.

In the light of the thread recently closed where some members claimed that the graves of dead people are holy, I would like to proceed here with the following.

For those of you who have not studied the Seerah of the prophet Muhammad saww, here is some useful information:

Abu Taalib was one of the prominent figures of Banu Haashim branch of the Quraish tribe. He helped his nephew, Muhammad saww but he never accepted Islam. And after he died, the prophet Muhammad saww was not allowed to pray for him. Because he died as a disbeliever.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs260.ash1/18751_336257076420_36847901420_5170916_1014258_n.j pg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs140.snc3/18751_336257901420_36847901420_5170917_7742845_n.j pg

Now the Questions is: Why do graveworshippers consider the shrine of a disbeliever as a holy site?

Second question is: What is the religious significance of a grave? Do the grave-worshippers have any evidence from Qur'an and Hadith supporting their practice of visiting shrines of dead people, and invoking the dead?

MeemWawMeemNoon
05-29-2010, 09:15 AM
First question: Your initial logic is irrelevant. Why did the Prophet (saw) make a grave of his uncle in the first place? Why did he not burn it so that people would not worship it? Who are you to impose what someone can do and what someone can't do?

Second question: Grave worshiping is wrong, however, what right do you have to destroy it? If you think that this is a way to prevent shirk, then my brother you need to leave Holland. There you have so much shirk--infinitely more than grave worshiping. Do you see my logic of how you LOVE to live in the peace of the West yet call upon people to destroy Muslim societies?

During the Taliban period, if they were as sincere as they claim, why did they not destroy every single grave that existed in Afghanistan? Why?

Grave worshiping is wrong, however, visiting graves is part of our deen, our beloved Prophet (saw) has said that it reminds of the Hereafter. The only way around this is education.

شمله ور خراساني
05-29-2010, 09:32 AM
Actually Taliban did destroy many graves that were being worshipped. Among those graves, the most famous one was the grave of the singer Ahmed Zahir.

MeemWawMeemNoon
05-29-2010, 09:41 AM
Many does not cut it.

You seem to never get the point when someone says something. In madrasas they don't care about IQ, just how well you can blow yourself up; however, in a secular institution you need to have a pretty good IQ to survive, how do you do it, Sangar? What type of secular knowledge are you acquiring? You seem to always be a week behind.

شمله ور خراساني
05-29-2010, 09:44 AM
Many does not cut it.

You seem to never get the point when someone says something. In madrasas they don't care about IQ, just how well you can blow yourself up; however, in a secular institution you need to have a pretty good IQ to survive, how do you do it, Sangar? What type of secular knowledge are you acquiring? You seem to always be a week behind.

Actually, in secular academies they never care about IQ. Because IQ is psuedo-science like astrology. Only Sufis and graveworshippers believe in it.

MeemWawMeemNoon
05-29-2010, 10:06 AM
You're such a tool!

inqilab
05-29-2010, 02:13 PM
I thought only shias believed abu talib died as a muslim. Pretty weird people out there.

شمله ور خراساني
05-29-2010, 02:16 PM
I thought only shias believed abu talib died as a muslim. Pretty weird people out there.
Maybe this Timbaktu and Momin are Shi'a.

inqilab
05-29-2010, 02:21 PM
Well brailwis and shias are very alike. They both share the shirk of giving Allahs attributes to the dead.

I do not know what meow person is. He rejects sahih hadith and accepts fabricated ones lol.

And hates taliban for absolutely no reason.