View Full Version : ملاوول

یاسمینه
07-20-2011, 08:42 AM
زما نوم اليڅيا دی. زه په پولنډ کې اوسېږم. زه ساینسدانه وم. ما به د سرطان ناروغۍ یو څو ډولونه تشریح کول. زه پښتو زده کوم ځکه چې په افغانستان کې غواړم کار کول او له خپلو ملګرو سره په پښتو وغږیږم

graveyardofempires
07-20-2011, 09:01 AM
dera kha
very good except for a couple of mistakes.
زما نوم اليڅيا دی. زه په پولنډ کې اوسېږم. زه ساینسدانه وم. ما به د سرطان ناروغۍ یو څو ډولونه تشریح کول. زه پښتو زده کوم ځکه چې په افغانستان کې غواړم کار کول او له خپلو ملګرو سره په پښتو وغږیږم
did you mean those things in past tense?
pe Afghanistan ke ghwarem kar wekem.

یاسمینه
07-20-2011, 09:28 AM
First part - yes, it the past I was kind of scientist (now Im back to univ as a student)
Red part - i meant "I want to work in Afghanistan" (present tense).
so: به آفغانستان کې غواړم کار کوم
??
Thank you for your remark.

graveyardofempires
07-20-2011, 09:47 AM
First part - yes, it the past I was kind of scientist (now Im back to univ as a student)
Red part - i meant "I want to work in Afghanistan" (present tense).
Do you think that کار کوم would be better?
According to what I know both versions are correct:غواړم کار کول يا غواړم کار کوم . But taking into account that the second part of the sentence is غږېږم ... Could you please correct? Thank you :)
kar kawel in this sentence as you wrote will mean : i want to do doing work.
you could say pe Afghanistan ke kar kawel ghwarem,so ghwarem comes later.
and the other one should be ghwarem kar wekem(want to work) not ghwarem kar kom(want working).
Ghageygem is correct but you could also say pe Pukhto khabery wekem.

یاسمینه
07-20-2011, 10:15 AM
زما نوم اليڅيا دی. زه په پولنډ کې اوسېږم. زه ساینسدانه وم. ما به د سرطان ناروغۍ یو څو ډولونه تشریح کول. زه پښتو زده کوم ځکه چې په افغانستان کې غواړم کار وکم او له خپلو ملګرو سره په پښتو وغږیږم

يا
زما نوم اليڅيا دی. زه په پولنډ کې اوسېږم. زه ساینسدانه وم. ما به د سرطان ناروغۍ یو څو ډولونه تشریح کول. زه پښتو زده کوم ځکه چې په افغانستان کې کارکول غواړم او له خپلو ملګرو سره په پښتو وغږیږم

يا
زما نوم اليڅيا دی. زه په پولنډ کې اوسېږم. زه ساینسدانه وم. ما به د سرطان ناروغۍ یو څو ډولونه تشریح کول. زه پښتو زده کوم ځکه چې په افغانستان کې غواړم کار
وکم او له خپلو ملګرو سره په پښتو خبري وکم
Is that correct?
Thank you for your patience. :smile1:

Feroz Afridi
07-20-2011, 04:45 PM
shaista pukhto de leekaly ..pa guto de barak sha.

graveyardofempires
07-20-2011, 05:15 PM
زما نوم اليڅيا دی. زه په پولنډ کې اوسېږم. زه ساینسدانه وم. ما به د سرطان ناروغۍ یو څو ډولونه تشریح کول. زه پښتو زده کوم ځکه چې په افغانستان کې غواړم کار وکم او له خپلو ملګرو سره په پښتو وغږیږم

يا
زما نوم اليڅيا دی. زه په پولنډ کې اوسېږم. زه ساینسدانه وم. ما به د سرطان ناروغۍ یو څو ډولونه تشریح کول. زه پښتو زده کوم ځکه چې په افغانستان کې کارکول غواړم او له خپلو ملګرو سره په پښتو وغږیږم

يا
زما نوم اليڅيا دی. زه په پولنډ کې اوسېږم. زه ساینسدانه وم. ما به د سرطان ناروغۍ یو څو ډولونه تشریح کول. زه پښتو زده کوم ځکه چې په افغانستان کې غواړم کار
وکم او له خپلو ملګرو سره په پښتو خبري وکم

Is that correct?
Thank you for your patience. :smile1:

the first and third one sound correct the second one sounds odd,

طالب
07-20-2011, 06:28 PM
اليڅيا، زه به يې بيا وويم، دېر جوشناک دی چې ته د سينه سرطان دپاره تحقيق کولې يې. خو زه یوه بل پوښتنه لرم. په پوهنتون کې کوم سبق وئيې؟

او يوه بل پوښتنه دی چې "یو څو ډولونه تشریح کول" څه مطلب؟

I am in doubt as to whether or not I should add ه to بل or not, since پوښتنه is feminine. Can anybody help out? These masculine and feminine words will be the end of me! :banghead:

Haris
07-20-2011, 07:39 PM

So scientist = sayansdana?

Also can someone translate the red?

طالب
07-20-2011, 07:44 PM
so scientist = sayansdana?

هو، سائنسدان يا ساينسپوه.

یاسمینه
07-21-2011, 04:05 AM
Haris:
له خپلو ملګرو سره
له ... سره - pre and postposition, together they mean "with". Pre and/or postposition suggest that the word they refer to (nouns, some pronouns, adjectives and sometimes even adverbs) have to be used in oblique case.

خپل -it's the pronoun in masculin singular form, in nominative case. Here it means "my" (friends).
خپلو -its the same pronoun used in masculin, plural form in OBLIQUE case.
ملګری - means friend; masculin, singular form in nominative case.
ملګري - means friends; masculin plural form in nominative (and sing oblique case)
ملګرو - means friends; masculin plural form in OBLIQUE case.

So all together it means "with my friends"

Haris, طالب - more answers to your questions soon.

یاسمینه
07-21-2011, 04:37 AM
Haris, طالب:

ما به د سرطان ناروغۍ یو څو ډولونه تشریح کول
ما - personal pronoun (زه) in OBLIQUE case. The main verb in the sentence (sentence in past tense) is a transitive verb, it means that engarive construction has to be used. Ergative construction is applied in past tenses with transitive verbs only. It means that pronoun has to be in OBL case and form of the verb depends on the form of noun/ object. So if the object is in plural masc form, it means that plural masc form of the verb has to be applied (in appropriate past tense).

به - here means "then"

د - preposition, here means "of". Preposition suggests that the following word has to be in OBL case.

سرتان - cancer. It's in masculin singular form. Nouns (masc, singular)ending with a consonant have the same form in sing NOM and OBL case. So the word سرتان can be treated as nominative or oblique case (singular form) depending on the context.

ناروغۍ - means ilness. It's in fem sing/plural form. Feminine nouns ending with ۍ have the same ending in plural and singular form in nominative case and they don't change their form in SINGULAR OBL case.
یو څو - here it means "a few"

ډول - means sort, kind; masculin, singular form in NOM case.
ډولوته - plural form, NOM case of ډول

تشريح کول - in this sentence means "I was explaining" (past progressive tense in masc plural form)
تشريح کول - might also mean "to explain", "to descript" as an infinitive form
تشريح - (fem, sing, NOM) means description, explanation (Arabic word)

So the whole sentence means: Then I was explaining few types of cancer diseases".

I didn't find the better way to name my profession.
BTW maybe someone has better idea how to say "cancer epidemiologist" in Pashto?

یاسمینه
07-21-2011, 05:04 AM
طالب

په پوهنتون کې کوم سبق وئيې؟

Did you mean "What/ which lessons do you read at the university"? The I don't know what to say. Could you be more clear, ie do you mean my present univ acitivity (Afghanology)?

طالب
07-21-2011, 07:04 PM
تشريح کول - in this sentence means "I was explaining" (past progressive tense in masc plural form)
تشريح کول - might also mean "to explain", "to descript" as an infinitive form
تشريح - (fem, sing, NOM) means description, explanation (Arabic word)

I'm thinking it should be تشريحات کول, that is, تشريح in plural

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/3136/tashi.png

طالب

په پوهنتون کې کوم سبق وئيې؟

Did you mean "What/ which lessons do you read at the university"? The I don't know what to say. Could you be more clear, ie do you mean my present univ acitivity (Afghanology)?

The sentence means "What are you studying at university?"

You are correct that سبق literally means lesson, however in everyday talk literally saying "what lesson are you saying" means "what are you studying". :smile1:

یاسمینه
07-21-2011, 07:28 PM
I'm thinking it should be تشريحات کول, that is, تشريح in plural

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/3136/tashi.png

تشريح کول is also correct. It's like سفر کول where only verbal part is inflected.

IamDZJ
07-21-2011, 11:39 PM
زما نوم ليمه دی. په دی ورزو کی زه افغانستان کی وسيږم. پرون خپل کلۍ ته تللي وو. په منګي کی مو د چينی نه اوبه راوړل. هلته ګرمی نه وو. کلۍ کی چه هر څوک د یو چا له مخی تیر شی نو سلام ورکوی او د چای سکلو بلنه ورکوي. غلت شو که څنګه؟؟

:runaround:

Yousafzai Pakhtun
07-22-2011, 12:44 AM
زما نوم ليمه دی. په دی ورزو کی زه افغانستان کی وسيږم. پرون خپل کلۍ ته تللي وو. په منګي کی مو د چينی نه اوبه راوړل. هلته ګرمی نه وو. کلۍ کی چه هر څوک د یو چا له مخی تیر شی نو سلام ورکوی او د چای سکلو بلنه ورکوي. غلت شو که څنګه؟؟

ورز په (ځيم) سره ليكلې شي نه چې په (زې) سره
ۍ" صرف دَ مونث اسم دَپاره پكارېږي نو كلۍ به په "ي" سره ليكو "كلي" ش
ګرمي مونث دے او دَ مونث دَپاره "وه" استعمالېږي نه چې "وو" نو دې دَپاره مونږ به ليكو چې هلته ګرمي وه
چه = چې
سكلو = څكلو يا څښلو
غلت = غلط

:smile1:

یاسمینه
07-22-2011, 01:40 AM
زما نوم ليمه دی. په دی ورزو کی زه افغانستان کی وسيږم.

زه په افغانستان کې اوسېږم؟

طالب
07-22-2011, 09:42 AM
په منګي کی مو د چينی نه اوبه راوړل

مطلب کيږي، کنه؟ soft drink "چينی نه اوبه"

graveyardofempires
07-22-2011, 09:55 AM
^
cheena means water that comes out of the ground.
not a well but that other one.lol

طالب
07-22-2011, 10:22 AM
ښه، سوچ وکړلم چې دا په چيني يا بوره کې وغږېده

:tongue:

graveyardofempires
07-22-2011, 10:26 AM
^
i ment cheena is water source.
it is typical for rural people to get water from Cheena

Cheena is a place where water comes out of the ground and i dont mean well.

i giuve up i cant explain it to you.

LOL

cheeni na

Digital Malang
07-22-2011, 10:35 AM
CHeenay water can come from the mountains too......wOw the water is so cold and sweeter than zam zam.....:loveit:

graveyardofempires
07-22-2011, 10:37 AM
http://www.visualphotos.com/photo/2x3064136/spa_-_termal_-_water_source_spa_072.jpg
i guess this is a cheena

طالب
07-22-2011, 10:40 AM
:hmm: نه؟ ،source يا spring نه نه، زه پوه شوم جې ته څه وائې! چينه مطلب

IamDZJ
07-22-2011, 12:25 PM
^it was a stream.
yousefzai, thanks for correcting my mistakes. even though the first few minutes i did not like the idea of being corrected. :( but yeah, i had a feeling oba skal asey leekal keda.

bannisoy
07-22-2011, 12:34 PM
Dagha thread naa sa matlab dai? Za nae pyaezha.

Haris
07-22-2011, 12:42 PM
Haris:
له خپلو ملګرو سره

خپل -it's the pronoun in masculin singular form, in nominative case. Here it means "my" (friends).
خپلو -its the same pronoun used in masculin, plural form in OBLIQUE case.

khyaal..hmm never used that before.
Probably a regional thing....thanks

Haris, طالب:

ما به د سرطان ناروغۍ یو څو ډولونه تشریح کول

سرتان - cancer. It's in masculin singular form. Nouns (masc, singular)ending with a consonant have the same form in sing NOM and OBL case. So the word سرتان can be treated as nominative or oblique case (singular form) depending on the context.

ناروغۍ - means ilness. It's in fem sing/plural form. Feminine nouns ending with ۍ have the same ending in plural and singular form in nominative case and they don't change their form in SINGULAR OBL case.

یو څو - here it means "a few"

ډول - means sort, kind; masculin, singular form in NOM case.

ډولوته - plural form, NOM case of ډول

Again I hadn't heard these before.
Thanks for explaining.

Haris
07-23-2011, 09:21 AM
ز ما نوم حارث دی او زه په لندن کې وثم. زه اوالس کالان یم. وردګ کې پایدا وم هو لندن ته رغلم چې یاو کلان وم. ز ما کلې سیداباد کې دی او نوم یه ملی خېل دی. بل کال تا بې پوهنتون شېروه کم په حایر ثه. ز دې نورې قوم یم. ما غوهتل چې دا عېد واتن کې تېر کم خو پیسې نه لارم او الې دېر بد هال دی. تېر کال امرېکایان دې ملی خېل څنګ ثه یو بعیث جور کل او هارا ورځ الې جانګ وې. په دو خاتر ز ما فامېل چې الې وسېدل اوس کابل کې وسې. شد بل کال ته بې لارشم په حایر ثه

My first time writing anything in pakhto script so it will have many errors and spelling mistakes. I just typed it up as I would speak it.
I wrote it in the Wardag dialect although I changed some of it to how everyone speaks here so that you people could read it easier.

Have fun decyphering that.
Please point me to any errors you see.

I will write a transliteration and translation as well if anyone wants it.

آريا
07-23-2011, 12:05 PM
ز ما نوم حارث دی او زه په لندن کې وثم. زه اوالس کالان یم. وردګ کې پایدا وم هو لندن ته رغلم چې یاو کلان وم. ز ما کلې سیداباد کې دی او نوم یه ملی خېل دی. بل کال تا بې پوهنتون شېروه کم په حایر ثه. ز دې نوزې قوم یم. ما غوهتل چې دا عېد واتن کې تېر کم خو پیسې نه لارم او الې دېر بد هال دی. تېر کال امرېکایان دې ملی خېل څنګ ثه یو بعیث جور کل او هارا ورځ الې جانګ وې. په دو خاتر ز ما فامېل چې الې وسېدل اوس کابل کې وسې. شد بل کال ته بې لارشم په حایر ثه

:ha: دې وردګو ژبا ډېرا خواږا دو اېمو خواښا دو

In standard Pashto with corrections
زما نوم حارث دی او زه په لندن کې وسېږم. زه اووه لس کلن یم. وردګ کې پيدا وم خو لندن ته راغلم چې یو کلن وم. زما کلی سیداباد کې دی او نوم يې ملي خېل دی. بل کال ته به پوهنتون شروع کوم د خيره سره. زه د نوزي قوم یم. ما غوښتل چې دا عيد وطن کې تېر کم خو پیسې نه لرم او هلته ډېر بد حال دی. تېر کال امريکایانو د ملي خېل څنګ ثه یو بعیث جوړ کړ او هره ورځ هلته جنګ وي. په دې خاطر زما فاميل چې هلته وسېدل اوس کابل کې وسي. شاید بل کال ته به لاړ شم د خيره سره

بعیث chshai wi?

Haris
07-23-2011, 02:00 PM
khair yuse arya.
da motha der 'helpful' wa.

'helpful' pakhto ke chishai wi?

de wardag pakhto de mo'm khwakh dey dzuka che noor pakhto kho me na dey zda kana, lol
ow theh de kum dzoy ye?

ow inglisi ke بعیث 'base' keegy kho athman mo ba ghalat leekalay wi. 'base' pakhto ke shta?

آريا
07-24-2011, 04:56 AM
Haresa ze eto keliwol yem. ;) base ta pakhto keh adda اډه yaayi.

Haris
07-24-2011, 10:09 AM
kha??

khai da dera joleba khabara da!

Yousafzai Pakhtun
07-26-2011, 12:46 AM
ز ما نوم حارث دی او زه په لندن کې وثم. زه اوالس کالان یم. وردګ کې پایدا وم هو لندن ته رغلم چې یاو کلان وم. ز ما کلې سیداباد کې دی او نوم یه ملی خېل دی. بل کال تا بې پوهنتون شېروه کم په حایر ثه. ز دې نوزې قوم یم. ما غوهتل چې دا عېد واتن کې تېر کم خو پیسې نه لارم او الې دېر بد هال دی. تېر کال امرېکایان دې ملی خېل څنګ ثه یو بعیث جور کل او هارا ورځ الې جانګ وې. په دو خاتر ز ما فامېل چې الې وسېدل اوس کابل کې وسې. شد بل کال ته بې لارشم په حایر ثه

My first time writing anything in pakhto script so it will have many errors and spelling mistakes. I just typed it up as I would speak it.

I wrote it in the Wardag dialect although I changed some of it to how everyone speaks here so that you people could read it easier.

Have fun decyphering that.

Please point me to any errors you see.

I will write a transliteration and translation as well if anyone wants it.

Some correction according to standard yousafzai dialect of pukhtunkhwa
ز ما نوم حارث دی او زۀ په لندن کښې اوسم. زۀ اوولس كلنے یم(يا دَ اوولسو كالو يم). وردګ کې پېدا شوے يم او لندن ته راغلم چې كله دَ يو كال وم. ز ما کلې سیداباد کښې دی او نوم یې ملی خېل دی. بل کال ته بې پوهنتون شېروه کم په حایر ثه(نۀ پوهېږم چې څۀ مطلب لري؟). زۀ د نوزې قوم یم. ما غوښتل چې دا اختر وطن کښې تېر کړم خو پیسې نه لرم او دلته ډېر بد حال دی. تېر کال امرېکایان دې ملی خېل څنګ ته یو بعیث(؟؟) جوړ کړو او هره ورځ دلته جنګ وې. په دې خاطر ز ما فامېل چې دلته اوسېدل اوس کابل کښې وسې. كېدے شي بل کال ته لاړشم په حایر ثه(؟)

Feroz Afridi
07-26-2011, 03:50 AM
ز ما نوم حارث دے او زه په لندن کې اوسيږم. زه اولس کلن یم. وردګ کې پیدا وم هو لندن ته راغلم چې یو کلن وم. ز ما کلې سیداباد کې دی او نوم یې ملی خېل دے. بل کال ته بې پوهنتون شروع کوم په خير سره . زه د نوزې قوم څخه یم. ما غوښتل چې دا عېد وطن کې تېر کړم خو پیسې نه لرم او هلته هم ډېر بد حال دے. تېر کال امرېکایان دې ملی خېل څنګ ته یو بيس جور کړو او هره ورځ هلته جنګ وې. په دې خاطر ز ما فامېل چې هلته اوسېدل اوس کابل کې اوسي. شايد بل کال ته به لاړشم د خیره سره (څخه ""ه ""

Haris
07-26-2011, 07:55 AM
بې پوهنتون شېروه کم په حایر ثه(نۀ پوهېږم چې څۀ مطلب لري؟)

Next year I will start University inshallah

بعیث(؟؟)

In English 'base', in pakhto اډه

Feroz wror, ze de Noori qawm yum, de Noorzai na yum ;)