View Full Version : Afghani white sauce?

Talib Jan
07-03-2011, 01:46 PM
Everyone always asks me for the recipe because they become addicted to it after trying it for the first time at an afghani restaurant. But to be honest, we don't eat it at home nor did my mom even know about it when I asked her if they had it in Afghanistan. When she asked me what was in it, I mentioned mayonnaise and she laughed and said "mayniz chaa pa tola awghanistan ki Na payshandal", so basically from that I got that this white sauce might not be a traditional Afghani thing or maybe some afghani made it up in the west. So does anyone know? And does anyone have a nice recipe to make it?

IamDZJ
07-03-2011, 04:33 PM
what the hell??
what did it look like. what did you eat it with (what was it served with)?? surely you can recognize something mixed in the sauce. what the hell are we supposed to get from "afghani white sauce"?? maybe it was made from chakka?

IamDZJ
07-03-2011, 04:46 PM
someone lives up to her name. :glare:

کیش
07-03-2011, 05:14 PM
It was made by Afghan in NY. My family was one of the first to make this back in 2004, in our Fried Chicken store. Now everyone makes it.

Haris
07-03-2011, 05:30 PM
Oh, this Afghani sauce.

So it is made from Afghanis?
http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/621553/621553,1278916969,16/stock-photo-afghanistan-banknote-background-afghanistan-banknotes-in-the-afghani-currency-used-notes-angled-56974732.jpg
How did it taste?

I'm sure Afghani is a currency :p

Talib Jan
07-03-2011, 06:57 PM
what the hell??
what did it look like. what did you eat it with (what was it served with)?? surely you can recognize something mixed in the sauce. what the hell are we supposed to get from "afghani white sauce"?? maybe it was made from chakka?

I thought that's what it was known by. I have only heard it called afghani white sauce and since كيش says it was made in NY then I'm guessing it doesn't have an original name. But anyway, its made primarily of mayonnaise, vinegar, yogurt, and some nana. I just need the exact recipe.

Sheenka
07-03-2011, 07:06 PM
never heard of this before :hmm:

Saifullah
07-03-2011, 07:23 PM
ive never heard of this sauce, u sure its called afghan white sauce, or maybe u confusing it with heinz white sauce

Talib Jan
07-03-2011, 08:55 PM
It was made by Afghan in NY. My family was one of the first to make this back in 2004, in our Fried Chicken store. Now everyone makes it.

So is it a secret or are u willing to share the recipe?

qunduz92
07-03-2011, 09:41 PM

It existed long before 2004 actually

کیش
07-03-2011, 10:15 PM
It existed long before 2004 actually

Yea, but not how it is today.

This started in NY. Every time outsiders would come they would all be scared to try it, since they never seen it before. Now people come from all over to try it on the street vendors.

My Fried Chicken store had this in 2004, we took it and my mom added another recipe and it is what it is today.

ScimitarXEdge
07-04-2011, 02:12 PM
tell whoever is asking that if they want authentic afghan "white sauce" they should come to me? I have plenty to spare ;)

Alchemist
07-05-2011, 06:07 PM
tell whoever is asking that if they want authentic afghan "white sauce" they should come to me? I have plenty to spare ;)

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0912/implied-facepalm-implied-facepalm-demotivational-poster-1259858393.jpg

darkwitch
07-12-2011, 12:06 AM
I know what you are talking about..
They have them in the Halal food carts as well.
I know the recipe since most of my family is in the halal food cart business

take about 1 cup of sourcream
quarter cup of mayo
2 tablespoons of vinegar
and some dried dill
mix everything together and
you have seen the consistency so u will have an idea on how much vinegar to put in
dont put in all teh vinegar at one put in slowly and then mix so u get teh consistency
not too thin and not too thick..
its a great salad dressing
and dont make too much at once it doesnt really have along shelf life. 2 weeks max