View Full Version : Chatbox thingy petition.

khashayar
06-03-2011, 01:44 AM
Admins. Add a chat box thingy here. I know it's been said before but you lot haven't done anything.

It's about time the voice of the majority is heard.

This way there will be less spamming in threads.

Write your name down in favor.

Power to the people.

khashayar
06-03-2011, 01:44 AM
1. Khashayar.

Nokia_Apridy
06-03-2011, 03:10 AM
Badar Munir.

Haris
06-03-2011, 07:21 AM
99% of the spamming in threads is down to you lol

A simple click to ban you would be a far more efficient use of time and resources :p

єѕαρχαι
06-03-2011, 09:00 AM
Admins. Add a chat box thingy here. I know it's been said before but you lot haven't done anything.

It's about time the voice of the majority is heard.

This way there will be less spamming in threads.

Write your name down in favor.

Power to the people.

Thats a good idea , I think that it will help keeping threads clean.

If possible it should be done....

Digital Malang
06-03-2011, 11:28 AM
I am very against this idea because it will be no longer a forum but a chat room.

Every type of people will be joining and will greatly pollute our environment.

єѕαρχαι
06-03-2011, 11:56 AM
I am very against this idea because it will be no longer a forum but a chat room.

Every type of people will be joining and will greatly pollute our environment.

THere would be an extra chatbox and it would be upto you if you talk there or not and still those who do the pollution can get banned.

Shehbaz Khan
06-03-2011, 11:57 AM
Let's go for it ;)

Digital Malang
06-03-2011, 11:59 AM
@ esapxai
^ If the administration dont mind banning 50 freaks every day then i am good with it.

Digital Malang
06-03-2011, 12:05 PM
Khashayar the random thoughts thread is only dedicated for your chat. you can always go there. :celebrate: :runaround:

IamDZJ
06-03-2011, 12:18 PM
it should be optional and available only to people in one's "friends" list the way it is in Facebook. If you don't want it then simply appear offline or dont befriend people.

graveyardofempires
06-03-2011, 04:21 PM
chatrooms are so early 2st century.
forums rule!!!

Gulbabo
06-03-2011, 04:40 PM
we barely have posters... who needs chat box?

Haris
06-03-2011, 05:27 PM
When I was on a different forum over a year ago they decided to make an IRC room (online instant messaging).

Everyone just used that and the forum became a place where only some important announcements were made. It eventually became redundant and they closed it and just used the chat room.

I don't think that will happen here since there are so many visitors to the forum but I am sure it would have atleast some sort of similar effect.

I do like the idea, just don't want it to be to the detriment of the forums.

єѕαρχαι
06-03-2011, 08:44 PM
When I was on a different forum over a year ago they decided to make an IRC room (online instant messaging).

Everyone just used that and the forum became a place where only some important announcements were made. It eventually became redundant and they closed it and just used the chat room.

I don't think that will happen here since there are so many visitors to the forum but I am sure it would have atleast some sort of similar effect.

I do like the idea, just don't want it to be to the detriment of the forums.

I have seen forums with chatbox , that might bring more users , It could be inserted in the front page . I dont think it will harm but will remove the useless trolling....

Haris
06-03-2011, 10:17 PM
Maybe we could have a 1 week trial then?

See what happens and then make a decision whether to keep it or not.

Admin Khan
06-04-2011, 11:47 PM
Assalam-Alaikum.

Sorry but we don't wish to compete with Skype or MSN. The purpose of this site is learning, and I feel as if we have done a great job thus far. Also, we just don't wish to become a Facebook alternative. We, the community of PF, hope to create an archive full of Pashto and Pashtun related material. That way, your future children and grand-children can have easy access to intelligence pertaining to their ethnic group. Thanks to Darweshkhel and many others, we now have one of the best free Pashtun/Afghan related libraries in the e-world. Thanks to Tor_Khan and many others, we have the strongest free Pashto language corner in the e-world. Thanks to Sangar and many others, our religion section is full of Pashto material. And the list goes on about our Pashtun history, culture, etc.

Interesting note:

I am also aware a few cases where an individual member has found a husband through PF, and they are now happily married and inactive. All this occurred via PM.

'PF, where magic happens.'

ComradePashtun
06-05-2011, 12:14 AM
Jeeez people getting married of PF. Fantastic, it really is. I can roughly assume who that could be that couple... I am guessing most of the girls are taken by now.. :-( May be the only two available are Faye and DJZ.

IamDZJ
06-05-2011, 12:22 AM
i can't speak for faye but i am most definitely not "available".

ComradePashtun
06-05-2011, 12:27 AM
Shut up don't lie DJ. I am heart broken now.

IamDZJ
06-05-2011, 12:30 AM
please don't make this any more awkward than it is. :hairy:

ComradePashtun
06-05-2011, 12:32 AM
Stop taking it personal then.

khashayar
06-05-2011, 12:33 AM
Oh if anyone wondering who the lucky couple were I know one of them was khan lala.

Digital Malang
06-05-2011, 12:35 AM
^ khan lala and sheenkay?

khashayar
06-05-2011, 12:37 AM
^ I ain't saying nuffin. :D