View Full Version : Like a Garment: Questions

*Mahzala*
05-23-2010, 05:04 AM
Assalamu'alaykum

A few weeks ago I subscribed to an email series by Yasir Qadhi with a focus on marriage, its bliss, initmacy, women's and men's rights in Islam and the like. We are well into the seventeeth email now so we've covered a lot so far. I will be sharing them shortly - InshaAllah.

What I do ask is that if you have any questions or additions with regards to that weeks (or day's) please post them here and not in that thread. That thread will be locked and over time I will be sharing the emails. The sole reason I am doing it that way is so that it is used as a reference for those topics, as they are very common misconceptions and answers we all look for. I don't want any additional posts or debates in that thread as it is a series and the chain should be in place. I am also open to any suggestions. If you think this is a tedious process for you as readers with questions or comments, you can let me know, either here or privately )PM or VM). I am happy to come to common terms if it is a reasonable suggestion. If I see that this thread will be used effectively, along with that, it can be stickied, so that your searches are made easier.

I am sure those of you who attend Al Maghrib may also be familiar with this series. Anyone?

*Mahzala*
05-23-2010, 02:01 PM
AfghanLady, you can find it here (http://pashtunforums.com/showthread.php?t=1751).

*Mahzala*
05-24-2010, 12:33 PM
The full series thread has been opened after a few requests. I will not delete this thread though, in case, in the future I may need to move anything lengthy we post that interferes with the actual lesson.

So, I posted part one of the Jabir Hadeeth yesterday. The second part has been posted. These are the basis for the next few lessons to come, which, you will agree when you read them, are very informative for most of us, whether married or not, young or old.

Enjoy.

*Mahzala*
05-31-2010, 11:40 PM
After some thinking, I have come to the conclusion, that despite the fact that there should be no shame in discussing (taboo?) matters of the Deen, I will not be 'posting' the emails anymore. The series comprises of twenty emails altogether, and so far I have only shared six. I will, however, upon your request share the emails, privately, or as a PDF attachment to those interested. I feel, due to the different age groups we have on the forum, some material, though completely based on the purity of the Deen, cannot be discussed so openly.

Please do not hesitate to ask for the remainder of the series. I am more than happy and willing to share them (via other means of course). I do hope this has not caused any disappointment. I look forward, and am open to your views on my decision.

*Mahzala*
06-06-2010, 03:39 PM
SubhanAllah ...

I have been discussing this over the past week with many and it seems the bottom line is that I should continue sharing them. I considered other means of sharing them, either a social group or user requests. And many suggested I anticipate failure and save myself the effort. The sole reason was the 'nature' of the information, which, many may consider shameless to discuss publicly. I suppose that is why Yasir Qadhi himself chose that particular medium.

Nevertheless, the email series will resume. =)