View Full Version : BNP protests Pashtuns’ arrests, Karachi target killings

MazloomyarMaseed
05-22-2010, 04:21 PM
BNP protests Pashtuns’ arrests, Karachi target killings
QUETTA: The Balochistan National Party (BNP) staged a protest demonstration outside the Quetta Press Club on Friday against the arrest of its workers and target killings of Pashtuns in Karachi.

Protestors carried placards and banners as they condemned the arrest of party worker Abdul Razaqq Lango by security forces.

Addressing the rally, BNP leaders Habib Jalib and Agha Hassan said the Baloch people were being punished for demanding their rights.

“If the arrest of the Baloch people continues, we will launch a protest campaign against the government,” Jalib said.

The speakers also condemned target killings of Pashtuns in Karachi, saying an “ethnic group has been given a free hand to kill innocent people in Karachi”. staff report

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2010\05\22\story_22-5-2010_pg7_30

MazloomyarMaseed
05-22-2010, 04:23 PM
I remmeber Luffy saying that baloches are this and that, but however, atleast the balochis protested against the target killings of Pashtuns, Where are the Punjabi political groups, why havnt they protested in favor of Pashtuns? When it comes to Punjab, Punjabis would marach miles to reinstate their lawyers and take control of the government and hand it over to Nawaz Sharif, but when it comes to Pashtuns, they as usual ignore the issue and defend Hazara rights.

I wish Pashtuns take the example of Balochis.

DaNangarharZuwan
05-22-2010, 05:24 PM
^Baluchis want freedom from Pakistan but Pashtuns are happy with Pakistan.

AfghanSoulja
05-22-2010, 06:18 PM
they arrested like 200 people i think, not sure

MazloomyarMaseed
05-22-2010, 07:13 PM
^Baluchis want freedom from Pakistan but Pashtuns are happy with Pakistan.

So are you saying the Pashtuns who live in tents and labelled as IDPS are happy with Pakistan?