View Full Version : ... it could have been my last day ...

*Mahzala*
05-22-2010, 02:44 PM
22 May 2010

Assalamu'alaykum

I bear witness that there is none worthy of worship but Allah and may His peace, mercy and blessings be upon the Prophet Muhammad salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam and his companions and those who follow their way with sincerity and righteousness until the last day.

Death, indeed, is an inevitable reality that we will all face at our destined times. But before experiencing the pain of death, the loneliness of a grave where silence and darkness are the only harmless companions, Allah bestows other favours upon us, time and time again. He reminds us that we too, one day, will face the same fate as those who pass before us, and to bring us closer to His Glorious Self in order to seek His Pleasure and overcome the pain of that passing. All praise is due to Allah who reminds His slaves that their lives have an appointed time, when He says: "Every soul shall taste death." (Quran 3:185) Allah Almighty also reminds us that death will reach us no matter where we are: "Wheresoever you may be, death will overtake you even if you are in fortresses built up strong and high." (Quran 4:78).

We are all tested in life, either our health, or that of loved ones, through wealth, families, children, people of different faiths, cultures, or external pressures and influences that shatter a household. In them are lessons to be learnt and implemented, and mistakes, avoided. For some, these tests are destructive, for others, reminders and signs. I have seen some deviate from the Path of Allah during adversities, doubt His mercy and question His existence. I have seen people amend their errors and turn (back) to Siraat-al-Mustaqeem, finding peace and happiness in Ibadah. I have also seen those who watch, from a distance, unaffected. Allah guide us all.

Rasulullah salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam said the mere difference between the living and the dead is that the deceased's connection with the world comes to an end and his actions, whether good or bad, cease. And in regards to those who are alive, he salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam sad they are at an advantage as they acquire more knowledge, wisdom and good deeds in the cause and path of Allah. He salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam also tells of us two men, one a shaheed, who passed away a year before the passing of his companion, who had a natural death. He salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam asked the Ashaab which of the two would have entered Jannah first. Their humbleness and respect unabated, they responded: Allah and his Rasul know best. To which Rasulullah salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam replied, the latter man, as he spent more time in this world as opposed to the former and acquired more goodness in the one more year that he was alive.

A few hours ago could have been the end of my life, but Allah the Great hasn't detined my fate as such. I could sense darkness and weight of some sort overcoming me and an uproar of emotions and fear being stirred within. I could feel the earth being taken from under me, and I, away from it. I could hear my screams calling upon Ar Rahman as He tells us to invoke him with His Glorious Asma and Siffat. I lost awareness of my surroundings. I felt alone and scared. I trembled like an Autumn leaf, falling from its branch. I hadn't hit the ground yet, I wasn't meant to either.

My dear brothers and sisters, I write, not to publicise my very close to death experience, but to share this reminder and sign, that we take heed, because a time will come where we will ask for respite to do more good deeds - a request that can never be granted. I come to share that if today was my last, I would surely be among those who Allah makes mention of in the Holy Quran. "And spend of that with which We have provided you, before death comes to one of you and he says: 'My Lord! If only You would give me respite for a little while (i.e. return to worldly life), then I should give Sadaqah of my wealth and be among the righteous.' And Allah grants respite to none when his appointed time comes. And Allah is All-Aware of what you do." (Quran 63:10-11)

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'oun ...

EDIT ... to be continued.

Master Khan
05-22-2010, 02:48 PM
manana its was a good read.

*Mahzala*
05-22-2010, 02:59 PM
Yes ... just now. It is my own experience ... today.

Khushal Khan Khattak
05-22-2010, 03:31 PM
Guys and Gals Read this carefully

If God forbid you suffer any trauma to your skull/head, back bone especially neck region, even minor, then please know that the standard protocol for head trauma dictates a mandatory observation period of at least 24 hours.

What this means is that, in such a case, you should get admitted to the nearest hospital ASAP (as soon as possible), even though you might think or feel you are alright, or that the trauma was just minor, BUT, there is a high chance you have an internal bleed inside you skull.

Since the skull is closed, space is limited, blood from a cut vessel keeps accumulating till it forms a pool called a cerebral hemorrhage/hematoma.

If God forbid this happens, it can be very serious.

So Remember this cause it might just save your'e life.

tor_khan
05-22-2010, 03:41 PM
Salaam u Alaikum Mesbah Jan,

Thank you for the reminder. We take so much for granted and every waking/sleeping moment that we have could be our very last. Some events just serve as that extra reminder.

I hope that you are well InshAllah.

Pakhtunzai
05-22-2010, 04:36 PM
Walaikum salaam

Very good reminder khor, true we could die at any moment..

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WfzJiQuHweY&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WfzJiQuHweY&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

DaNangarharZuwan
05-22-2010, 05:06 PM
manana for sharing please share more.

MazloomyarMaseed
05-22-2010, 07:58 PM
We always complain about life, but we should be grateful that we can breath,walk,talk and see and have shelter, as others dont have this advantage.

AfghanSoulja
05-22-2010, 08:10 PM
you had an accident or something ?

Dukemina
05-23-2010, 02:08 AM
Khorey...I hope everything is well with you. May Allah bless you, my dear, take care of yourself :)

*Mahzala*
05-23-2010, 04:12 AM
Ameen to all the duas. To those of you who ask, I am feeling much better Alhamdulillah. And Allah honour you above all.

I felt I needed to share yet another one of my experiences. Time tries us all, in different ways, through our weaknesses, the ones we never like to remind ourselves about. But Allah too plans, and in it, I know was a sign for me, a reminder, an awakening. What happened yesterday is one of those experiences I won't not only forget, but I may relive it over and over. I've lost loved ones, felt the pain of isolation, seen the passing of people I could never imagine life without, but when you are on the verge of it yourself, when you just about see your end, it is different. I wanted to share just that.

Allah make easy our passing from this world.

*Mahzala*
05-23-2010, 04:45 AM
manana for sharing please share more.

You can read more here (http://mystiqueoriginal.blogspot.com/2010/05/few-words.html). :)

Master Khan
05-23-2010, 07:18 AM
*Mesbah* khor la zan khayal sata

Roshina
05-24-2010, 01:42 AM
Ameen to all the duas. To those of you who ask, I am feeling much better Alhamdulillah. And Allah honour you above all.

I felt I needed to share yet another one of my experiences. Time tries us all, in different ways, through our weaknesses, the ones we never like to remind ourselves about. But Allah too plans, and in it, I know was a sign for me, a reminder, an awakening. What happened yesterday is one of those experiences I won't not only forget, but I may relive it over and over. I've lost loved ones, felt the pain of isolation, seen the passing of people I could never imagine life without, but when you are on the verge of it yourself, when you just about see your end, it is different. I wanted to share just that.

Allah make easy our passing from this world.

ughghghghghg!! MESBAH!!! :fighting: Sa dere khabare de rakhkari, zama na hum dere, kho raata waya sa chal shaweeeeeeeeeey??? What HAPPENED??? I'm sitting here frantically skimming through every post of yours, with a beating heart, wanting to know yet scared of finding out WHAT the heck happened!

Are you okay now?! I mean, physically you seem fine, and since this happened a couple of days, you might be a little better now ... but how are you?

Okay, I'll just send you an e-mail. Good God, this is scary as hell!

You lost loved ones? ... omg, I'm SO sorry to hear, jaan!

In February 2005, I lost two acquaintances -- and the pain killed every part of me for years. They were just acquaintances, not close friends or anything, but since I knew them and had talked to them and all ... omg, I felt dead for weeks. Nothing mattered in life after that; all that mattered was that I had time to appreciate and love my own family, to serve others -- all that matter was that I was physically alive.

So I can't even CLOSE to imagine how YOU must be feeling right now! I'm so, so, SO sorry you have to go through this, Mesbah ... I really don't know how we can help, but we're here for moral support, though you already know that :)

We'll talk.

*Mahzala*
05-24-2010, 02:18 AM
Qrratu, I didn't intend to mention what happened. I just wrote that up as a reminder to my dear brothers and sisters, as it was to me. Like I said, Allah bestowed upon me a favour and that was the fact that nothing happened to me, but it was a sign and I have learnt from it, so decided to share. About my loved ones, well, Allah is the Best of Planners, in it was hikmah, in it is a lesson, and to Him we belong to Him we shall return. I submit, I am a Muslim and thus I have hope that they are not lost forever. The point I was making there was despite how hard all that has been and still is, we are reminded over and over of our final abodes, the ones we are here for, working towards, yet achieve very little in our everyday hurried lives. I apologise, I am not generalising, but rather reminding ourselves that no matter how high a mountain of good deeds we have, at the end of the day, it is the Mercy we need, from The Most Merciful.

So what exactly happened, I had a car accident. I won't write out the detail, but like I said, it could have been last day. Fortunately, neither my car was damaged (not as bad as other accidents I have seen at least), and nor was I injured. It all happened so quick, I vaguley remember it now, but, all I can say is, Alhamdulillah and forever be thankful for being given another chance. I wanted to share that, as a reminder, that in this life we have different goals, different aims, different achievements, but our destination is the same. The same white shroud (if we are lucky enough to have that), a two-metre deep grave where silence and darkness are the only harmless companions, interrogation and the rest depends on who we were and what we did in this life.

So again, to those of you who ask and asked, I am very grateful to you, and the least I can do is make du'a that you are elevated in this world and the next, in rank, status, respect and honour and you recline on thrones of gold under Arsh-ur-Rahman, a lofty station where there is no harm. Ameen.

Roshina
05-24-2010, 03:04 AM
Gotcha! Manana for sharing it with us! The reminder is indeed always very helpful :)

Za, as long as you are fine, nothing else matters!

Son of Mountains
05-24-2010, 09:33 AM
Thanx sweet khorey for sharing it with us. May God bless u with loving life and health my khor.
Death n Life is a continuous process which can never be forgot. One moment dies n other gets birth. One day dies, so next day rises. Childhood dies, so youth comes, youth dies so oldage comes and so on.
Man dies in Alam e arwah and gets birth into dunia. Then dies from here, and borns in Alam e aeraaf and so on.

In Qura'an, God says: "They say to u that we r on right path, ask to them, if u r right then show me the desire of death, they will never do" It means that good people dont forget death and they r not afraid of death, rathe death is their beloved. According awliyas, death is gateway to meet your beloved God.
Mirza Mazhar Jaan e Jaana (R.A) said in urdu:
kon kehta hy k mar gaya Mazhar
Dar hakeekat tu apnay ghar gaya Mazhar
(who says Mazhar has died, in fact Mazhar has reached into his own home).