View Full Version : Steal or share?

Haris
05-13-2011, 08:28 PM
I got this idea from an old tv show.
I find it an intriguing philosophical question and will be interested in the results.

There is $1 million.
There is one opponent.
You have 2 options with 4 outcomes.
You can either choose to 'share' the money 50/50 with your opponent or you can choose 'steal' and you get the enitire $1 million.

But there is a cath (there always is a catch).

If both of you choose to 'share' then the money will be split equally.
If you chose to 'steal' and they choose to 'share' then you will get the full money.
If they choose to 'steal' and you choose to 'share' then they get the full money.
If both of you choose to 'steal' then no-one gets any money at all.
So what do you pick?

(The above is only an example, you could have a scenario where instead of money, both your lives are at stake etc).

I will add a poll as well.

kakargirl
05-13-2011, 09:04 PM
I know the british show your talking about lol they get nasty and greedy on there,true colours come out.

Haris
05-13-2011, 09:13 PM
Indeed. I found it.

Everyone this will give you an idea about what I mean:
p3Uos2fzIJ0

Listen to the woman "everyone who knew me would just be disgusted if I stole"...LOL

And the guy who laughs at 03:06 haha

kakargirl
05-13-2011, 09:23 PM
Indeed. I found it.

Everyone this will give you an idea about what I mean:
p3Uos2fzIJ0

Listen to the woman "everyone who knew me would just be disgusted if I stole"...LOL

And the guy who laughs at 03:06 haha lol urgggggggggggggggggglol what a lieing hypocrite she is lol.

Admin Khan
05-13-2011, 10:13 PM
Sharing is caring. So share.

kakargirl
05-13-2011, 11:28 PM
Haris wror lol i wonder who voted steal lol, and no its not me ,lol have very little interest in money .

Gulalai
05-13-2011, 11:30 PM
i'd share it

Haris
05-14-2011, 07:58 AM
From a practical point of view would it not be better to steal it?

Because if they decide to share you get all the money. If they decide to steal they will be punished for being greedy and won't have the satisfaction of stealing your potential money. You will either be better off or equal to the opponent.

But if you share and they steal then they will get the money. Why give them that satisfaction?

I think that is what most contestants think when they do this. Only the really nice people choose to share.

randolph85
05-14-2011, 08:01 AM
it depends on the opponent. but leaning towards steal. but since it wasn't their money to begin with, i wouldn't consider it stealing.

emkhan
05-14-2011, 12:27 PM
This is open cheating. Look at that girl felt no shame at all

IamDZJ
05-16-2011, 01:18 AM
i would rather not keep any expectations and get something rather than want it all and get nothing at the end. so, i would share for a very selfish reason....

Hakim Khan Urgonai
07-15-2012, 12:42 AM
I cannot pick one as I do both.

EDIT:

After reading what the thread is actually about, I choose "share".

Otherwise no one gets nothing.

After leaving, I can follow the other contestant and take the remaining money from him.