View Full Version : 3/4 sleeves.

sgulab
04-11-2011, 04:13 PM
What are your thoughts?

Ladies- would you wear it (hijabis?)

Guys- would you let the girl whoever she is to you wear it?

personally it kinda annoys me lol. I mean its not a full sleeve and its not short. I just feel like i have to keep pulling on it.

Janana
04-11-2011, 04:26 PM
No I definitely would not wear it, but I have done so before I came to Islam.

Fahd
04-11-2011, 04:47 PM
^u should cuz islam want u to hide ur body :p

IamDZJ
04-11-2011, 08:10 PM
t shirts are fine at home but it has to be full sleeved in public.
why are you even asking men's approval? is your own judgment of no good? it's like saying " here is my behind...would you like to kick it?"

kakargirl
04-11-2011, 10:02 PM
khorai full sleeve is the best all my clothes have full sleeves,because even a 3 quater sleeve, would make me feel naked, but im talking about traditionals clothes, so yeah full sleeve.

Mayana
04-11-2011, 10:40 PM
I really like 3/4 sleeves, I don't know what it is about them but they're nice. They expose your pretty wrist :)

But yeah, I don't wear them in public.. always full sleeved.. There's something about the full sleeve that I like, I like how it feels around the wrist when the shirt is all tight and fitted there =)

On a more provoking note (because there aren't enough misogynist-vs-feminist slurs around already), do you see any of the men asking if we approve of them wearing basketball shorts? :tongue: haha, just joking =)

Toramana
04-11-2011, 11:28 PM
Alaka da Maulayan Sahiban da fashion ba da thread kai sa kai...da kho gunah-i-azeem dai....:smile1:...sorry for this stray comment but wanted to remind maulanas it is not appropriate for them to be here....

Fahd
04-11-2011, 11:38 PM
[QUOTE=sgulab;388616]

[QUOTE]
she asked me :awkward:

*Mahzala*
04-12-2011, 12:59 AM
Like Mayana said, I too really like three-quarter sleeves as it leaves room for accessories; a matching bracelet and definitely the watch (that way, you're covering more skin than you think is exposed, I kid). I do wear a lot of three-quarter sleeve shirts and dresses, but never in places where I know I will feel uncomfortable as they go way up to your elbow before you know it. Basically in women's gatherings, at home and in Sunday classes. If I want to wear that particular outfit that has short sleeves, I'll wear a cardigan (long and short) over the top. I am not a detachable sleeves person, for some reason, I can't stand those. Short sleeves too are another favourite, at home of course.

Azad Khel
04-12-2011, 02:42 AM
why are you even asking men's approval? is your own judgment of no good? it's like saying " here is my behind...would you like to kick it?"

Because she belongs to a pukhtoon family and of course a muslim tradition. And one of the attributes of a good muslim woman is "QANITATUN" 'OBEDIENT" and the others are SALIHATUN, HAFIZATUN........

Mayana
04-12-2011, 03:09 AM
A "good Pashtun and Muslim" woman knows what's right and wrong, independent from a man's judgement. The way you should know what's right and what's wrong without anyone else spelling it out for you, a woman should also know what is right and moral. If one covers out of obedience and fear of another human being, one will uncover behind that individual's back. But if she covers out of conviction, nothing will be able to uncover her.

Azad Khel
04-12-2011, 03:36 AM
A "good Pashtun and Muslim" woman knows what's right and wrong, independent from a man's judgement. The way you should know what's right and what's wrong without anyone else spelling it out for you, a woman should also know what is right and moral. If one covers out of obedience and fear of another human being, one will uncover behind that individual's back. But if she covers out of conviction, nothing will be able to uncover her.

The Quranic picture for a family life is presented in this Honorable ayah of the Holy Qur'an in Surah Nisa. Allah says:

الرِّجَالُ قَوَّامُونَ عَلَى النِّسَآءِ بِمَا فَضَّلَ اللَّهُ بَعْضَهُمْ عَلَى بَعْضٍ وَبِمَآ أَنفَقُواْ مِنْ أَمْوَلِهِمْ فَالصَّـلِحَـتُ قَـنِتَـتٌ حَـفِظَـتٌ لِّلْغَيْبِ بِمَا حَفِظَ اللَّهُ وَاللَّـتِى تَخَافُونَ نُشُوزَهُنَّ فَعِظُوهُنَّ وَاهْجُرُوهُنَّ فِى الْمَضَاجِعِ وَاضْرِبُوهُنَّ فَإِنْ أَطَعْنَكُمْ فَلاَ تَبْغُواْ عَلَيْهِنَّ سَبِيلاً إِنَّ اللَّهَ كَانَ عَلِيّاً كَبِيراً ]

(34. Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has made one of them to excel the other, and because they spend (to support them) from their means. Therefore the righteous women are Qanitat, and guard in the husband's absence what Allah orders them to guard. As to those women on whose part you see ill conduct, admonish them, and abandon them in their beds, and beat them, but if they return to obedience, do not seek a means against them. Surely, Allah is Ever Most High, Most Great.) Allah said,

[الرِّجَالُ قَوَّامُونَ عَلَى النِّسَآءِ]

(Men are the protectors and maintainers of women,) meaning, the man is responsible for the woman, and he is her maintainer, caretaker and leader who disciplines her if she deviates.

[بِمَا فَضَّلَ اللَّهُ بَعْضَهُمْ عَلَى بَعْضٍ]

(because Allah has made one of them to excel the other,) meaning, because men excel over women and are better than them for certain tasks. This is why prophethood was exclusive of men, as well as other important positions of leadership. The Prophet said,

لَنْ يُفْلِحَ قَوْمٌ وَلَّوْا أَمْرَهُمُ امْرَأَة

(People who appoint a woman to be their leader, will
never achieve success.) Al-Bukhari recorded this Hadith. Such is the case with appointing women as judges or on other positions of leadership.

[وَبِمَآ أَنفَقُواْ مِنْ أَمْوَلِهِمْ]

(and because they spend from their means.) meaning the dowry, expenditures and various expenses that Allah ordained in His Book and the Sunnah of His Messenger for men to spend on women. For these reasons it is suitable that he is appointed her maintainer, just as Allah said,

[وَلِلرِّجَالِ عَلَيْهِنَّ دَرَجَةٌ]

(But men have a degree (of responsibility) over them).

The same is the pukhto culture............In some aspects the pukhto culture is a bit harsh thus, I don't agree with those things of the pukhtoon culture of treating women which are against the Islamic rules/laws.
http://www.tafsir.com/images/blank.gif

Mayana
04-12-2011, 03:39 AM
Indeed, men are protectors of women. But they are not thinkers for women. No where does it say to think for your women, to make moral judgements for your women, to define principles and values for women.

IamDZJ
04-12-2011, 03:40 AM
Because she belongs to a pukhtoon family and of course a muslim tradition. And one of the attributes of a good muslim woman is "QANITATUN" 'OBEDIENT" and the others are SALIHATUN, HAFIZATUN........

belonging to a pakhtun family doesn't mean that you depend on your family to the point where you cant tell right from wrong. a pashtana must understand the difference between the two on her own.
what is it that makes a man's judgment more credible than a woman's??
a human being should never be expected to be obedient to another. never mentally dependent on another unless they are mentally unstable.. we are not slaves..obedience is something you expect of animals who are forced in to following the decisions made on their behalf because they lack the mental capacity of doing so on their own. no body has anything in their head that is any more special than what i have in mine.

o , and your beliefs contradict with what you have chosen to present yourself as. you are as conceited as the next jerk out there. there is nothing azad about you. instead of lecturing me on obedience, do yourself a favor and do something about that.

Azad Khel
04-12-2011, 03:47 AM
Qualities of the Righteous Wife

Allah said,

[فَالصَّـلِحَـتُ]

(Therefore, the righteous) women,

[قَـنِتَـتٍ]

(are Qanitat), obedient to their husbands, as Ibn `Abbas and others stated.

[حَـفِظَـتٌ لِّلْغَيْبِ]

(and guard in the husband's absence) As-Suddi and others said that it means she protects her honor and her husband's property when he is absent, and Allah's statement,

[بِمَا حَفِظَ اللَّهُ]

(what Allah orders them to guard.) means, the protected [husband] is the one whom Allah protects. Ibn Jarir recorded that Abu Hurayrah said that the Messenger of Allah said,

خَيْرُ النِّسَاءِ امْرَأَةٌ إِذَا نَظَرْتَ إِلَيْهَا سَرَّتْكَ، وَإِذَا أَمَرْتَهَا أَطَاعَتْكَ، وَإِذَا غِبْتَ عَنْهَا حَفِظَتْكَ فِي نَفْسِهَا وَمَالِك

(The best women is she who when you look at her, she pleases you, when you command her she obeys you, and when you are absent, she protects her honor and your property.) Then, the Messenger of Allah recited the Ayah,

[الرِّجَالُ قَوَّامُونَ عَلَى النِّسَآءِ]

(Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, ) until its end. Imam Ahmad recorded that `Abdur-Rahman bin 'Awf said that the Messenger of Allah said,

إِذَا صَلَّتِ الْمَرْأَةُ خَمْسَهَا، وَصَامَتْ شَهْرَهَا، وَحَفِظَتْ فَرْجَهَا،
وَأَطَاعَتْ زَوْجَهَا، قِيلَ لَهَا: ادْخُلِي الْجَنَّةَ مِنْ أَيِّ الْأَبْوَابِ شِئْت

(If the woman prayed her five daily prayers, fasted her month, protected her chastity and obeyed her husband, she will be told, 'Enter Paradise from any of its doors you wish.')

IamDZJ
04-12-2011, 03:51 AM
the only thing a pashtana is obliged to when it comes to belonging to a pashtun or any other woman to a respectable family is a sense of responsibility not obedience. i don't care who says what. if you can't convince me with plain common sense then don't bother with what allah says.

Azad Khel
04-12-2011, 03:58 AM
Indeed, men are protectors of women. But they are not thinkers for women. No where does it say to think for your women, to make moral judgements for your women, to define principles and values for women.

Mayana:

Read the above honrable ayah and hidit of Rasoolullah (saws) again and again you will understand what the religion demands from a muslim woman.

If you don't agree that is your choice. I myself do not act upon several islamic rulings due to my weaknesses as human benig and due to the fact that shytan is my enemy and the shytan has challenged Allah, the Almighty that he would bring with him the whole human to the hell, but that does not mean those rullings are wrong.

tsa di khial dey...............

Azad Khel
04-12-2011, 04:09 AM
the only thing a pashtana is obliged to when it comes to belonging to a pashtun or any other woman to a respectable family is a sense of responsibility not obedience. i don't care who says what. if you can't convince me with plain common sense then don't bother with what allah says.

If all the senses including thinking power(aqal) was such a powerfull thing then there was no need for sending around 124,000 messangers for the guidance of human beings.

If the thniking power and senses were that great to know "right" and "wrong" then why many great intellectuals and great brains are non believers. You can not understand the "WAHI" merely on the ground of your senses and brain, this need a faith chi ota IMAN WAI............CHI IMAN NA YI NU BIA KHALAK AUTEY BAUTEY WAI...........Abu Jahal was called "Abul Hakam" means the father of intellectuals among his people. That great sense did not give him any good..................BAS PA BADAR KI MURDAAR SHO......DA DUAO/2 MASHUMANU DA LAASA...............

Mayana
04-12-2011, 05:05 AM
Mayana:

Read the above honrable ayah and hidit of Rasoolullah (saws) again and again you will understand what the religion demands from a muslim woman.

If you don't agree that is your choice. I myself do not act upon several islamic rulings due to my weaknesses as human benig and due to the fact that shytan is my enemy and the shytan has challenged Allah, the Almighty that he would bring with him the whole human to the hell, but that does not mean those rullings are wrong.

tsa di khial dey...............

Again, it does not state to make moral judgements for women or to define principles and values for them. It states for women to obey men, not for women to have men think for them.

Pakhtunzai
04-12-2011, 05:54 AM
In regards to the thread as far as I'm concerned islamically girls should be fully sleeved. Although these days here in the UK the girls are the opposite of that, they wear scarves that cover their heads but wear the tightest of jeans and really short sleeved t shirts so everything shows. Its disgusting and it gives the real hijabis/jilbabis a bad name

On a more provoking note (because there aren't enough misogynist-vs-feminist slurs around already), do you see any of the men asking if we approve of them wearing basketball shorts? :tongue: haha, just joking =)

Loll you made a good point there even if you were joking, as men we have to cover our "private" area at all times, which is called the satr and that goes from the belly button straight to the bottom of the knees. Which is why I never wear these shorts or if I do its always long ones which cover these areas.

emkhan
04-12-2011, 06:06 AM

Yes you are right but if a woman does not think for herself then a man has to think for her.

Azad Khel
04-12-2011, 08:33 AM
Again, it does not state to make moral judgements for women or to define principles and values for them. It states for women to obey men, not for women to have men think for them.

"Thinking for women" is your own terminology. I never talked of that.

Qur'an commands the believing women to obey their men(husbands). And obey here mean the right things according to the sharia.

The values and principle in an islamic society is already defined by the sharia, the men do not need to define them. As a "QAWWAM" he has to implement those principles and values already defined by the religion.

For example the laws in a country are made by the parliament or a legal body constituted for this task, the goverment has to impliment those laws.
A man having the position of "QAWWAM" has the authority to implement those rules in his home and family where he has jurisdiction.

In another hadit Rasoolullah(saws) says "If a man don't care about the conduct of his women (sister, mother, wife, etc), he is a "DAYYUS" chi ota mung pa pukhto ki DAOOS wayu and a DAYYUS can not enter paradise, even, he can not feel its fragrance.

Allah says in the Holy Qur'an:

يأَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءَامَنُواْ قُواْ أَنفُسَكُمْ وَأَهْلِيكُمْ نَاراً وَقُودُهَا النَّاسُ وَالْحِجَارَةُ عَلَيْهَا مَلَـئِكَةٌ غِلاَظٌ شِدَادٌ لاَّ يَعْصُونَ اللَّهَ مَآ أَمَرَهُمْ وَيَفْعَلُونَ مَا يُؤْمَرُونَ - يأَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ كَفَرُواْ لاَ تَعْتَذِرُواْ الْيَوْمَ إِنَّمَا تُجْزَوْنَ مَا كُنتُمْ تَعْمَلُونَ - يأَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءَامَنُواْ تُوبُواْ إِلَى اللَّهِ تَوْبَةً نَّصُوحاً عَسَى رَبُّكُمْ أَن يُكَفِّرَ عَنكُمْ سَيِّئَـتِكُمْ وَيُدْخِلَكُمْ جَنَّـتٍ تَجْرِى مِن تَحْتِهَا الاٌّنْهَـرُ يَوْمَ لاَ يُخْزِى اللَّهُ النَّبِىَّ وَالَّذِينَ ءَامَنُواْ مَعَهُ نُورُهُمْ يَسْعَى بَيْنَ أَيْدِيهِمْ وَبِأَيْمَـنِهِمْ يَقُولُونَ رَبَّنَآ أَتْمِمْ لَنَا نُورَنَا وَاغْفِرْ لَنَآ إِنَّكَ عَلَى كُلِّ شَىْءٍ قَدِيرٌ ]

(6. O you who believe! Protect yourselves and your families against a Fire (Hell) whose fuel is men and stones, over which are (appointed) angels stern (and) severe, who disobey not the commands they receive from Allah, but do that which they are commanded.) (7. (It will be said in the Hereafter) O you who disbelieve! Make no excuses this Day! You are being requited only for what you used to do.) (8. O you who believe! Turn to Allah with sincere repentance! It may be that your Lord will expiate from you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow -- the Day that Allah will not disgrace the Prophet and those who believe with him. Their light will run forward before them and in their right hands. They will say: "Our Lord! Keep perfect our light for us and grant us forgiveness. Verily, You are Able to do all things.'')

قُواْ أَنفُسَكُمْ وَأَهْلِيكُمْ نَاراً]

(Protect yourselves and your families against a Fire (Hell)) saying, "Have Taqwa of Allah and order your family to have Taqwa of Him.'' Qatadah said, "He commands obedience to Allah, to not disobey Allah, he orders his family to obey His orders and helps them to act upon His orders. When one sees disobedience, he stops them and forbids them from doing it.'' Similar was said by Ad-Dahhak and Muqatil; "It is an obligation for the Muslim to teach his near family members, and his male and female slaves what Allah has made obligatory for them and what Allah has forbidden for them.'' There is a Hadith that confirms the meaning of this Ayah. Ahmad, Abu Dawud and At-Tirmidhi recorded that Ar-Rabi` bin Sabrah said that his father said that the Messenger of Allah said,

مُرُوا الصَّبِيَّ بِالصَّلَاةِ إِذَا بَلَغَ سَبْعَ سِنِينَ، فَإِذَا بَلَغَ عَشْرَ سِنِينَ فَاضْرِبُوهُ عَلَيْهَا

(Order the children to pray when they reach the age of seven and when they reach the age of ten, discipline them for (not performing) it.) This is the narration that Abu Dawud collected; At-Tirmidhi said, "This Hadith is Hasan.''

sgulab
04-12-2011, 10:22 AM

Ahem. The only reason I asked that was because the last thread I made was aimed at ladies and there were still some males that replied. So i thought this time lemme just ask them a question just incase they want to reply.

I live with my father/family. I kinda have a tendency to ask for his approval especially if it is with clothes. I normally know exactly what to wear- I can think for myself and i know what i feel good in *gasp*. But if it comes to something like skinny jeans (which I have never even tried on) or in this instance 3/4 sleeves I ask- since im using his money to buy it anyways.

IamDZJ
04-12-2011, 11:38 AM
Ahem. The only reason I asked that was because the last thread I made was aimed at ladies and there were still some males that replied. So i thought this time lemme just ask them a question just incase they want to reply.

I live with my father/family. I kinda have a tendency to ask for his approval especially if it is with clothes. I normally know exactly what to wear- I can think for myself and i know what i feel good in *gasp*. But if it comes to something like skinny jeans (which I have never even tried on) or in this instance 3/4 sleeves I ask- since im using his money to buy it anyways.
It feels like I am speaking in a different language than the rest of you.
You ask for opinions you make decisions on your own. That is how you learn to be right.
Never mind you people.

Gulbabo
04-12-2011, 02:02 PM
3/4 sleeves meaning marrwand na leg paas?

haha i always make my clothes 3/4 sleeves, zma der khwakh dei zaka che za bia pa dwarra lasono kei bangrri aghostai sam :shy:... pa kamees partog kei full sleeve aghostal hes bangri ta zai na pata keigi haha...

and when i am shopping for western shirts, then 3/4 sleeves are the last thing on my mind... i feel pretty lucky if i find 3/4 sleeved shirts caz most are without sleeves all together ... but my biggest concerns when buying a shirt is its 'ghaarra' and 'ugdwalai'

sgulab
04-12-2011, 02:13 PM
yeah thats true. I only have one 3/4 sleeve shirt and I wear another shirt underneath it lol. Its a western shirt but I needed a long white shirt so yeah.. Im planning on getting some kurtis inshAllah when I go back InshAllah

Gulbabo
04-12-2011, 04:17 PM
^indian stores have really nice 'kurti'... is what they call i guess. i bought two of them. they are so fancy ... and i wear them with normal pants. they are long and very stylish as well. and i love accessorising them with some jewellery.

IamDZJ
04-12-2011, 04:26 PM
Specially the black ones with embroideries are so pretty and comfortable for summer.
Thanks for the reminder, I have been thinking of getting me a few before all the good ones are sold. LOL, Yeah I am selfish and greedy like thY when it comes to buying things.

sgulab
04-12-2011, 04:38 PM
yeah i know about those. But alotta them are expensive for the work that is done on them. I can find better in pakistan lol.

Gulbabo
04-12-2011, 05:24 PM
Specially the black ones with embroideries are so pretty and comfortable for summer.
Thanks for the reminder, I have been thinking of getting me a few before all the good ones are sold. LOL, Yeah I am selfish and greedy like thY when it comes to buying things.

yes hurry !

yeah i know about those. But alotta them are expensive for the work that is done on them. I can find better in pakistan lol.

i bought two for 70 dollars, i think its worth it. considering how it has good length sleeves (full sleeves for the most part), and long, a litle above knees... i am not sure about back i pakistan but the ones they bring from India are really very fashionable.

khashayar
04-12-2011, 06:49 PM
What are your thoughts?

Ladies- would you wear it (hijabis?)

personally it kinda annoys me lol. I mean its not a full sleeve and its not short. I just feel like i have to keep pulling on it.

eeeww yuck hijobis..... whatever happened to mini skirts :(

khashayar
04-12-2011, 06:50 PM
lol at hijabis with more makeup on than a tranny and skin tight clothes...but damn that hijab is always on wrapped tight like a b day present

Gulalai
04-12-2011, 06:54 PM
1, 2, ghat sari shaitan mashey is coming for you
3, 4, better lock your doors
5, 6, don't grab a crusafix
7, 8, gonna stay up late
9, 10, never sleep again (because he's so ugly you'll have nightmares for the rest of yoru life :()

khashayar
04-12-2011, 06:59 PM
lolz

you stole my haha's
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_jb9J8XvOer0/S-h7u2cWTII/AAAAAAAAAK4/uZFGt6PTB9M/s1600/FreddyKrueger.jpg

kakargirl
04-12-2011, 07:53 PM
In regards to the thread as far as I'm concerned islamically girls should be fully sleeved. Although these days here in the UK the girls are the opposite of that, they wear scarves that cover their heads but wear the tightest of jeans and really short sleeved t shirts so everything shows. Its disgusting and it gives the real hijabis/jilbabis a bad name[QUOTE]wror excellent comment, yeah what is that the clothes they wear are like a second skin, naked arms,back side showing , whats the point of the hijab,i find it digusting too,then you get some in leeds that have skirts on ,legs all naked but a hijab on i find that pathethic too , its like a big joke to these girls, then you get those with tight busting jeans half the butt is naked, but guess what theyv'e got a niqab on the face.

Loll you made a good point there even if you were joking, as men we have to cover our "private" area at all times, which is called the satr and that goes from the belly button straight to the bottom of the knees. Which is why I never wear these shorts or if I do its always long ones which cover these areas.wror i havn't seen men in uk dressing indecent like females do , but for males the covering is just from the navel to, the knees.

emkhan
04-12-2011, 07:55 PM
[QUOTE=Pakhtunzai;389126]In regards to the thread as far as I'm concerned islamically girls should be fully sleeved. Although these days here in the UK the girls are the opposite of that, they wear scarves that cover their heads but wear the tightest of jeans and really short sleeved t shirts so everything shows. Its disgusting and it gives the real hijabis/jilbabis a bad namewror i havn't seen men in uk dressing indecent like females do , but for males the covering is just from the navel to, the knees.

True

Pakhtunzai
04-13-2011, 04:06 AM
[QUOTE=Pakhtunzai;389126]In regards to the thread as far as I'm concerned islamically girls should be fully sleeved. Although these days here in the UK the girls are the opposite of that, they wear scarves that cover their heads but wear the tightest of jeans and really short sleeved t shirts so everything shows. Its disgusting and it gives the real hijabis/jilbabis a bad namewror i havn't seen men in uk dressing indecent like females do , but for males the covering is just from the navel to, the knees.

Yeah its nasty, it was only last year I was sat on the bus coming home from uni and some "hijabi" and her mate came and sat next to me, they were the loudest and craziest girls..They were trying to get my attention..it was ricidulous , the quietest and most decent ones are likely to catch my attention for example..

I play football quite a bit and the shorts that they wear are quite clearly above the knees, but thats only some of the muslim guys, although I agree with you the majority of the muslim guys do dress decently.

Kashmala.
04-13-2011, 04:55 PM
I don't like 3/4 sleeves, they look weird in my opinion; I don't mind short sleeves (but no sleeveless, like ever) around the house. I prefer long sleeves and then you can just roll them up to a bit below your elbow, I feel like that looks alot nicer. However I'm a hijabi (alhamdulillah this is my third month) so I have to dress like one :P long sleeves and no form-fitting clothes and that kinda stuff.

sgulab
04-13-2011, 07:46 PM
awwwwwwww congrats alhamdulilah :)

sometimes i feel like i misss out on the whole experience of first starting to wear the hijab since I went to a priv muslim school and it was a part of the uniform. I just kinda grew into it you know? Whereas my sister and so many other girls actually had to think about it and make themselves ready.. you know?