View Full Version : Ladies- Would, Have, Are you going to wear Red?

sgulab
04-04-2011, 09:50 AM
So are you? My mother is bent on the idea of me wearing red/pink on the wedding day. She will not agree to anything else lol. I mean the red dresses are BEAUTIFUL but I just never really saw myself in red. I know its tradition but I just wanna wear something.... different- for lack of a better word.

What about you? Ooooooooooo and if you can post pics!!!

*Mahzala*
04-04-2011, 10:07 AM
Red, as in a two-piece?

sgulab
04-04-2011, 10:08 AM
as in your your wedding.. like a lengha, shalwar qameez, whatever.

IamDZJ
04-04-2011, 10:11 AM
Throw a tantrum unless you throw them frequently. Or tell him you will shoot him if you ended up wearing red.

sgulab
04-04-2011, 10:19 AM
hmmmm, you know what thats a good idea :) I already threw a mini tantrum anyways haha.

graveyardofempires
04-04-2011, 10:25 AM
red for wedding?what are you guys?hindus?
at Afghan weddings ladies are dressed in Afghan clothes and believe me they have more colours than the rainbow.

*Mahzala*
04-04-2011, 10:27 AM
as in your your wedding.. like a lengha, shalwar qameez, whatever.

Yes, I was referring to the lengha.

If not red, what would you choose?

graveyardofempires
04-04-2011, 10:29 AM
so you are getting married? well congratulations and I hope you have a blessed and happy life together. :)
thanks man

*Mahzala*
04-04-2011, 10:30 AM
at Afghan weddings ladies are dressed in Afghan clothes and believe me they have more colours than the rainbow.

That doesn't always look nice though ... :blushes:

graveyardofempires
04-04-2011, 10:32 AM
That doesn't always look nice though ... :blushes:
to me they look royal
but i also think they look cool in sari sharara etc:evilgrin:

graveyardofempires
04-04-2011, 10:33 AM
hmm? so graveyardofempires and sgulab are getting married? am I right?
no i dont know her

*Mahzala*
04-04-2011, 10:34 AM
to me they look royal
but i also think they look cool in sari sharara etc:evilgrin:

Not the colourful ones, at least not on her wedding day. It's got to be one of its kind for a wedding ... she has to stand out ... you knew that, I am sure.

graveyardofempires
04-04-2011, 10:39 AM
Not the colourful ones, at least not on her wedding day. It's got to be one of its kind for a wedding ... she has to stand out ... you knew that, I am sure.
yes i know
all eyes are on them anyway :evilgrin: so they do stand out.
afghan weddings look like a rehersal where the groom and bride are like king and queen.you are right about the too colourful ones ,sometimes they look like kites.lol

graveyardofempires
04-04-2011, 10:51 AM
lol, so why you say thank you :fighting:
because....................

sgulab
04-04-2011, 12:25 PM
oh goodness gracious. Just because I post a thread like this doesnt mean Im getting married. And I dont even know GOE.

graveyardofempires
04-04-2011, 12:52 PM
ok guys this song is nice
YouTube - Tere Mast Mast Do Nain - Dabanng - Rahat Fateh Ali Khan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwG89_BzwQU)

Notorious Pashtana
04-04-2011, 09:23 PM
So are you? My mother is bent on the idea of me wearing red/pink on the wedding day. She will not agree to anything else lol. I mean the red dresses are BEAUTIFUL but I just never really saw myself in red. I know its tradition but I just wanna wear something.... different- for lack of a better word.

Sounds like you "are" getting married since you mentioned your mini tantrum as well, so a huge congrats!!!

On the topic however, I wore a red/pink/gold combo for the main day, sea-green on the nikah and tea-pink on the walima. Going for other colours is totally fine, so many brides are doing it, but similarly there is nothing wrong with red, and it doesn’t make us hindu's if we do. After all, red isn't mentioned in their Veda's neither is a particular colour mentioned for us in our books. People need to take is easy and just enjoy their day :)

But bear in mind, as you know we gotta wear gold jewellery, finding the proper colour and work on clothes that go well with gold is a task alone. I know the whole matching stones in jewellery makes a difference but the gold itself can either be bright gold or rustic. A bride I saw once wore a red lehnga with diamante work, which looked very pretty and sparkly but her jewellery looked totally odd! She would have looked better wearing silver with it! So whatever colour you choose, make sure the work on it goes with the colour of gold you’re opting for.

~Gangster~
04-04-2011, 11:10 PM
YouTube - Mubarak ho tumko ye shade tum hare (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n6ct_Dl0gc)

Mayana
04-04-2011, 11:17 PM
No, I don't think I'd wear read. =/ I just don't relate to it, it isn't part of the culture I grew up in, it isn't what I grew up seeing. Neither wearing red nor wearing lehngas and punjabi kaali as a bride.

*Mahzala*
04-04-2011, 11:27 PM
No, I don't think I'd wear read. =/ I just don't relate to it, it isn't part of the culture I grew up in, it isn't what I grew up seeing. Neither wearing red nor wearing lehngas and punjabi kaali as a bride.

Exactly what I would have said. Though, I'll admit, I wouldn't mind wearing lengha's and sarhi's to other people's occasions. I actually really like those outfits. But, it's not a bridal tradition in my family.

Janana
04-05-2011, 01:39 AM
I had a very low key wedding and wasn't wearing red nor a lengha/sari.

Notorious Pashtana
04-05-2011, 07:55 AM
^ best way to do it

Sheenka
04-05-2011, 12:18 PM

red is not our tradtional colour for wedding, unless you are pakistani::rolleyes::

pink look nice in engagment party not in wedding day:hmm:
so go for white, lengha if she wants u to wear white lengha
http://i.ebayimg.com/11/!CFuWen!!2k~$(KGrHqUOKkUE1GKH!7SdBNWBe+Djdw~~0_3.J PG

sgulab
04-05-2011, 12:52 PM
she totally freaked when I said white lol. Nah I want some really bold colors like these. Just the colors not the design.

*Mahzala*
04-05-2011, 12:59 PM
A bride's clothing isn't limited to unique design and colour. More than that, there is a lot of symbolism within each cultural selection. They need to be soft and subtle, but not too simple. Bright colours work well on other bridal occasions, just not the wedding day. Make the most of it with your engagement and henna night.

I really like the pair Sheenkay posted, not necessarily for a bridal. It's beautiful.

Sheenka
04-05-2011, 12:59 PM
really! why she hates white colour?
green one is nice for nekhaa

http://sapnamagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/bridal_pink_small.jpg
this one is nice too

graveyardofempires
04-05-2011, 01:07 PM
hey sgulab

Sheenka
04-05-2011, 01:08 PM
Lol ^

sgulab
04-05-2011, 01:09 PM
I GOE :)

no shes doesnt hate the white color- I guess for her it just symbolizes american brides? my sister was telling me something in white, pink and gold would look nice.

Fahd
04-05-2011, 01:14 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs933.snc4/74668_167065436664742_167031496668136_275132_55197 79_n.jpg

go with this color :p

and mubark sis :)

Sheenka
04-05-2011, 01:14 PM
oh i see, she is right in a way coz its more like english type but if u go back home its normal, and if u wear any other colour there, they would make fun, my causin was wearing unsual colour in her engagment party it was beatiful but our relatives were saying so many things in that party not even behind her LOL

graveyardofempires
04-05-2011, 01:15 PM
I GOE :)

no shes doesnt hate the white color- I guess for her it just symbolizes american brides? my sister was telling me something in white, pink and gold would look nice.
when iz you stepping in doley?

Sheenka
04-05-2011, 01:16 PM
http://weddingdresscentre.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/color-wedding-dresses.jpg

graveyardofempires
oh i see, she is right in a way coz its more like english type but if u go back home its normal, and if u wear any other colour there, they would make fun, my causin was wearing unsual colour in her engagment party it was beatiful but our relatives were saying so many things in that party not even behind her LOL
where are you guys from?
canda amrika or eynglaind?

sgulab
ooo I forgot to add the H haha.

hmm i dont know when lol.

Sheenka
04-05-2011, 01:19 PM
where are you guys from?
canda amrika or eynglaind?

waly england de ghalat spell karii dee:hmm:

graveyardofempires
04-05-2011, 01:44 PM
waly england de ghalat spell karii dee:hmm:
waley da nor me se sam spell kerey dey?

Sheenka
04-05-2011, 01:46 PM
waley da nor me se sam spell kerey dey?

aw kana!

graveyardofempires
04-05-2011, 02:49 PM
aw kana!
leka che stha spelling ma na ham kharab dey

Sheenka
04-05-2011, 03:52 PM
leka che stha spelling ma na ham kharab dey

:shy: kho poh shawee, clever yee :hmm:

Adam
04-05-2011, 04:20 PM
i prefer green :shy:

sgulab
04-06-2011, 09:53 AM
haha so your gonna wear green? typical 15 yr old surfer boy ::rolleyes::

ScimitarXEdge
04-06-2011, 07:17 PM
good grief ladies; I saw the pictures you lot put up and I had to intervene

I'm don't really have a problem with Indian/desi style clothing; but those selections are so gawdy.

go with the afghan, go with the Green ;)

Alchemist
04-06-2011, 11:27 PM
good grief ladies; I saw the pictures you lot put up and I had to intervene

I'm don't really have a problem with Indian/desi style clothing; but those selections are so gawdy.

go with the afghan, go with the Green ;)

http://www.picturesof.net/_images_300/a_sign_that_says_no_boys_allowed_royalty_free_0808 21-250227-051018.jpg

sahil112
04-07-2011, 03:28 PM
your nt getting married but you want to discuss your future dress? do all pf girls like fanatsize about thier wedding day and what they are going to wear lol ?

sgulab
04-07-2011, 05:54 PM
i do :P which you now know the reason why :P

sahil112
04-07-2011, 06:24 PM
i do indeed:P

sgulab
04-09-2011, 04:25 PM
Actually i might just wear red. After seeing the beautiful outfit my cousin had :wub:

hmmmmmmm i cant figure out if im more of a pink person or red. I think ill ask my sister lol

DeeVa
04-11-2011, 05:33 AM
To be honest Guys I don even have energi enought to read all comments. But I would rather prefer green, bec it symbolizes Islam, and u r married once u do Nikah. :)

Azad Khel
04-11-2011, 05:51 AM
To be honest Guys I don even have energi enought to read all comments. But I would rather prefer green, bec it symbolizes Islam, and u r married once u do Nikah. :)

Green color a symbol of Islam?.................na pohegam nu........hasey pukhtaney chi pa sra jorha sra bangrhi pa lass ki nu.............khair shna bangrhi hum khuand kai..........laka chi wai

SHNA BANGRHI DI MAAT SHA PA DI SPENU LECHO BANDI
WARZA WARZA TEREGA SALU ONESA DA WRHANDI

DeeVa
04-11-2011, 06:00 AM
Green color a symbol of Islam?.................na pohegam nu........hasey pukhtaney chi pa sra jorha sra bangrhi pa lass ki nu.............khair shna bangrhi hum khuand kai..........laka chi wai

SHNA BANGRHI DI MAAT SHA PA DI SPENU LECHO BANDI
WARZA WARZA TEREGA SALU ONESA DA WRHANDI

"Green is the symbolic color of Islam. Prophet Muhammad (PBUH, peace be upon him) wore a green turban, and green is believed to have been his favorite color. Green was also the color of the banners used on the battlefield and the color of the first Islamic flag. The Quran and the Hadith, the teachings of Prophet Muhammad, describe Paradise as filled with green: the people of Paradise "will wear green garments of fine silk [The Noble Quran, 18:31]." Islam also considers green significant because it is the color of nature.

I dont get why a bride should take red on, what does it mean? The most impotant thing is to do nikah, not what colour u should take on, But that is my own point of view :)

*Mahzala*
04-11-2011, 07:19 AM

"Green is the symbolic color of Islam. Prophet Muhammad (PBUH, peace be upon him) wore a green turban, and green is believed to have been his favorite color. Green was also the color of the banners used on the battlefield and the color of the first Islamic flag. The Quran and the Hadith, the teachings of Prophet Muhammad, describe Paradise as filled with green: the people of Paradise "will wear green garments of fine silk [The Noble Quran, 18:31]." Islam also considers green significant because it is the color of nature.

I dont get why a bride should take red on, what does it mean? The most impotant thing is to do nikah, not what colour u should take on, But that is my own point of view :)

I don't disagree, but I will add that is why many women wear green in their Nikkah. The other colours are part of the other ceremonies which is permissible both Islamically and culturally. If someone has the means to celebrate such an occasion, they are permitted to within the bounds of our religion.

DeeVa
04-11-2011, 08:34 AM
I don't disagree, but I will add that is why many women wear green in their Nikkah. The other colours are part of the other ceremonies which is permissible both Islamically and culturally. If someone has the means to celebrate such an occasion, they are permitted to within the bounds of our religion.

Islamiclly? How I would say it is more culturall as u already mentioned it. Islam actully dont say what you should wear to ur wedding, the reason for why I mentioned the green colour was, bec it is the colour u wear to ur nikah, so it makes more sence for me as Nikah is the most important part of getting married.

Else I don really care what people wear, caz that is their own choice :)

capiche1992
12-14-2011, 12:32 PM
My mum wants me to wear a creamy colour

LyariTown
12-14-2011, 02:01 PM
im no lady, but id never wear red.

if my wife wore red, id slap her.

Adam
12-14-2011, 02:04 PM

Not even a red shirt?

LyariTown
12-14-2011, 02:05 PM
Not even a red shirt?

wow i just forgot about that.

you have a good memory, my jaan.

LyariTown
12-14-2011, 02:09 PM
i dont think anyone who's seen it can forget it hahah :tongue:

why? all you lesser people always crushing on man.

Adam
12-14-2011, 02:12 PM
Except gulalai

LyariTown
12-14-2011, 02:14 PM
Except gulalai

i hate her.

stupid selfish gulalai left us.

capiche1992
12-14-2011, 02:36 PM

what about red shoes?

~Gangster~
12-14-2011, 03:26 PM
i hate her.

stupid selfish gulalai left us.

Except gulalai

HAHAHHAH speaking of which i need to fulfil Subhans Dream

Adam
12-14-2011, 03:33 PM
HAHAHHAH speaking of which i need to fulfil Subhans Dream

lol nah nah :hairy:

Pisho
09-27-2012, 10:13 PM
Red is too notisable.. I like dark colors
If i want to stand out in a crowd id rather do yellow..

sgulab
10-02-2012, 01:02 PM
well, incase anybody cares. I DID wear red and it turned out really nice!

on mehndi i wore this pinkish fuchsia color and walimah it was also 3 shades of pink. On nikah it was this turquoise color :)

Mystique
12-01-2012, 11:39 AM
Unfortunately the Punjabis have dominated Pakistani culture and now the whole world thinks that every area in Pakistan is inhabited by this ethnic group. a group of stupid Arab girls said that I shouldnt dance at their wedding because they hated Bhangra
*insert major facepalm moment here.*

DaZahroJaam.
12-01-2012, 03:53 PM
why would you dance at a stranger's wedding?? don't arabs hire "professionals" for that??

Mystique
12-01-2012, 04:48 PM
I'm sorry but I believe you misunderstood me. The Arabs were telling me generally
because they found the Bhangra hilarious and hence had a false notion that bhangra is the local dance for all Pakistanis. I wouldn't stoop low to dance at a stranger's wedding but what annoyed me was that Arabs have a lack of knowledge of the other ethnic cultures that inhabit Pakistan. :smh:

MostafaM
12-01-2012, 05:01 PM
Well,

if Pashtuns of Pakistan donīt wanna be associated with the underpinning ethnicity of that state, then they shouldnīt consider themselves Pakistanis anymore.

Take the Baluchs as a role model and "de-pakistanize" yourself culturally and liguistically.

Mystique
12-01-2012, 05:10 PM
Well,

if Pashtuns of Pakistan donīt wanna be associated with the underpinning ethnicity of that state, then they shouldnīt consider themselves Pakistanis anymore.

Take the Baluchs as a role model and "de-pakistanize" yourself culturally and liguistically.
Ethnically I'm not Pashtun but I don't understand why the west and the middle East think all Pakistanis are Punjabi?? Media propaganda I suppose...

MostafaM
12-01-2012, 05:13 PM
Ethnically I'm not Pashtun but I don't understand why the west and the middle East think all Pakistanis are Punjabi?? Media propaganda I suppose...

What are you, if I may ask?

Well, most of the Pakistanis living in the West (GB and Canada) are Punjabi.
Thatīs what they have come across.

Mystique
12-01-2012, 05:33 PM
I hope no one is offended but I am Baluch. I became interested in Pashtun culture ever since people kept asking me if I am a 'Pathan'. I joined the forums to learn a few things about my neighbours. :-)

MostafaM
12-01-2012, 05:48 PM
I hope no one is offended but I am Baluch. I became interested in Pashtun culture ever since people kept asking me if I am a 'Pathan'. I joined the forums to learn a few things about my neighbours. :-)

Why should anyone be offended? :smh:

Welcome to Pashtun Forums!
Itīs actually really cool that non-Pashtuns are interested in Pashtun culture

Have fun here!

Mystique
12-01-2012, 06:39 PM
Why should anyone be offended? :smh:

Welcome to Pashtun Forums!
Itīs actually really cool that non-Pashtuns are interested in Pashtun culture

Have fun here!

Manana :-)
Pashtuns are great people. The one I've met are so kind and humble.

Catya Sher
12-01-2012, 06:52 PM
It's indeed neat that a Baluch would visit this forum.
Are you from Quetta or thereabouts ?
Are you from the Pakistan or Iranian side of the border ?

My recommendation : if one is being pressured to wear RED --
even a scarf -- change it to purple.
That is a great color.
Red attracts evil, anger, viciousness, cruelty.

Purple in all its shades antidote that negative mindset and
"evil intentions" forming in a person's mind before they manifest !!

Blue is good too for protection.

Avoid too garish pinks and weird shades like fuchsia or sickly yellowy-off-green clothes ideally.

Mystique
12-01-2012, 07:12 PM
It's indeed neat that a Baluch would visit this forum.
Are you from Quetta or thereabouts ?
Are you from the Pakistan or Iranian side of the border ?

My recommendation : if one is being pressured to wear RED --
even a scarf -- change it to purple.
That is a great color.
Red attracts evil, anger, viciousness, cruelty.

Purple in all its shades antidote that negative mindset and
"evil intentions" forming in a person's mind before they manifest !!

I am from the Kalat area of Balochistan on the Pakistani border but was brought up in Europe. Unfortunately the red colour also dominates our wedding cultures but girls would prefer Balochi dresses over lehngas/ other Punjabi style dressesWhat is a traditional Pashtunwedding dress like?