View Full Version : Afghanistan football news :)

Fahd
04-03-2011, 08:20 AM
salaam

here im gona post any news about afg football match i found :p

Fahd
04-03-2011, 08:21 AM
this was last week and i forgot about it :banghead:

afc-challenge-cup-2012

Wednesday, 23 March 2011 20:06
http://images.the-afc.com/afc/logo/comps/2010/300x200/Challenge_Cup_3x2.jpg
Gurgaon: Afghanistan put one foot in the qualifying tournament proper for the 2012 AFC Challenge Cup with a 3-0 victory in the first leg of their play-off with Bhutan.

Sediq Walizada was the hero for Afghanistan with a hat-trick that put Mohammad Yosuf Kargar’s side firmly in contention to join defending champions DPR Korea, Nepal and Sri Lanka in qualifying Group D which is scheduled to kick-off on April 7.

Walizada, who scored two of Afghanistan’s three goals in their 2010 AFC U-19 Championship qualification campaign in November 2009, gave the Afghans the perfect start in Wednesday’s match when the 20-year-old opened the scoring with just 120 seconds at the Tau Devi Lal Stadium played.

Walizada scored again in the 36th minute to give his side a comfortable two-goal cushion at the break before completing his hat-trick with ten minutes of the match remaining.

The tie resumes on Friday at the same venue.
http://www.the-afc.com/en/tournaments/men-a-youth/afc-challenge-cup/33990-bhutan-vs-afghanistan

Fahd
04-03-2011, 08:23 AM
also last week :banghead:

afc-challenge-cup-2012

Friday, 25 March 2011 21:35
http://images.the-afc.com/afc/comps/challenge_cup/2012/3x2/acc2012_afg_bhu_250311_3x2.gifGurgaon: Afghanistan advanced to the qualifying tournament proper for the 2012 AFC Challenge Cup after a 2-0 second leg triumph on Friday saw Mohammad Yosuf Kargar’s side down Bhutan 5-0 on aggregate in their pre-qualifying clash.

Afghanistan went into the game at the Tau Devi Lal Stadium buoyed by their comfortable 3-0 first-leg win at the same venue, which came courtesy of a Sediq Walizada hat-trick, but they had to wait until an hour had been played before extending their aggregate advantage.

Nadeem Wahid broke the deadlock in the 61st minute before Israfeel Kohistani gave the men from the Himalayan kingdom an even bigger mountain to climb with Afghanistan’s second of the match just four minutes later.

Afghanistan advance to next month’s 2012 AFC Challenge Cup qualifying Group D and will kick-off their campaign on April 7 against hosts Nepal.
http://www.the-afc.com/en/tournaments/men-a-youth/afc-challenge-cup/34017-afghanistan-v-bhutan (http://www.the-afc.com/en/tournaments/men-a-youth/afc-challenge-cup/34017-afghanistan-v-bhutan)

Fahd
04-03-2011, 08:28 AM
afc-challenge-cup-2012

http://oi55.tinypic.com/2ijpuuq.jpg
http://www.the-afc.com/en/afc-challenge-cup-2012-schedule-results?view=Competitions&id=408 (http://www.the-afc.com/en/afc-challenge-cup-2012-schedule-results?view=Competitions&id=408)

Fahd
04-03-2011, 08:42 AM
2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil – Asian Qualifiers
Wednesday, 30 March 2011 17:20

http://oi53.tinypic.com/2d99vt5.jpg
Kuala Lumpur: The journey to represent Asia at the 2014 FIFA World Cup finals in Brazil began at AFC House on Wednesday with the draw for the first and second Round of Asian qualifiers.

The 16 lowest ranked teams – based on their record at the qualification campaign for the 2010 FIFA World Cup – were paired off to play home and away matches with the winners advancing to Round 2

The eight winners from Round 1 will join 22 higher ranked teams where the teams were paired off for home-and-away matches on July 23 and 28.

Four-time qualifiers Saudi Arabia were spared having to wait for the outcome of a first round match to know their opening opponents in the 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifying campaign with Wednesday’s draw pitting them against Hong Kong.

The Saudis missed out on a fifth consecutive finals appearance at the 2010 World Cup after losing the AFC play-off to neighbours Bahrain and consequently missed out on direct entry to the third round.

Iran, who have competed on World football’s biggest stage on three previous occasions, also avoided having to play the waiting game and the second round draw will have raised a few smiles in the Team Melli camp with the three-time Asian champions renewing acquaintances with the Maldives, the nation they hammered 26-0 over two legs in the 1998 World Cup qualifiers.

The draw also set up a number of intriguing ties particularly in the second round which pits 2011 AFC Asian Cup semi-finalists Uzbekistan in a Central Asian derby against neighbours Kyrgyzstan while Malaysia could square off with archrivals Singapore if the reigning ASEAN champions can overcome first round opponents Chinese Taipei.

The first round also features two intriguing regional matchups with Bangladesh squaring off against Pakistan, with Lebanon awaiting the winners of the South Asian derby and Cambodia and Laos battling it for the right to meet China in the second round.

Meanwhile, 2022 World Cup hosts Qatar look set for a very tricky second round hurdle with Vietnam their potential opponents, assuming that the skilful South East Asians don’t slip up in their first round clash with Macau.

The 15 winners from the second round will join the top five direct entrants (Japan, Korea Republic, DPR Korea, Australia and Bahrain) in the third round where they will be divided into five groups of four teams each.

2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil – Asian Qualifiers

Round 1
Malaysia v Chinese Taipei
Bangladesh v Pakistan
Cambodia v Laos
Sri Lanka v Philippines
Afghanistan v Palestine inshallah we will win :praise:
Vietnam v Macau
Nepal v Timor Leste
Mongolia v Myanmar

First leg, June 29
Second leg, July 3

Round 2
Thailand v Afghanistan or Palestine inshallah we will play thailand and win :praise:
Lebanon v Bangladesh or Pakistan
China v Cambodia or Laos
Turkmenistan v Indonesia
Kuwait v Sri Lanka or Philippines
Oman v Mongolia or Myanmar
Saudi Arabia v Hong Kong
Iran v Maldives
Syria v Tajikistan
Qatar v Vietnam or Macau
Iraq v Yemen
Singapore v Malaysia or Chinese Taipei
Uzbekistan v Kyrgyzstan
UAE v India
Jordan v Nepal or Timor Leste

First leg, July 23
Second leg, July 28

Round 3
September 2, September 6, October 11, November 11, November 15, 2011 and February 29, 2012

Round 4
June 3, June 8, June 12, September 11, October 16, November 14, 2012, March 26, June 4, June 11, June 18, 2013

Round 5 (AFC playoff)
September 6 and September 10, 2013

Round 6 (Inter-continental playoff)
October 15 and November 19, 2013 (dates to be confirmed by FIFA)

http://www.the-afc.com/en/tournaments/men-a-youth/fifa-world-cup/34082-2014-fwc-draw

Gulalai
04-03-2011, 10:19 AM
when are they playing round 1?

Fahd
04-03-2011, 11:27 AM
^Round 1
Afghanistan v Palestine
we gona play two times

First leg, June 29
Second leg, July 3

Shayesta
04-03-2011, 11:41 AM
Keep us updated bro. :)

Nokia_Apridy
04-03-2011, 12:22 PM
Alka Pakistan match kala da........My little Ronaldo...

ESA KHAN :) akhhhhhh dar wakht washo na ma da lelday..

graveyardofempires
04-03-2011, 02:02 PM
awsome thread bro
find some videos for us :)

Gulalai
04-03-2011, 03:44 PM
^Round 1
Afghanistan v Palestine
we gona play two times

First leg, June 29
Second leg, July 3

lol ok thanks,
that's a long time form now.. remind me then :shy:

Fahd
04-03-2011, 05:07 PM
lol gul yh but idk if there will be any links to watch them :@ i couldnt find any :@ u can see next game will be in april/7 if i find link i will post it here :p

yes i will inshalla shaysta !!

nokia pakistan vs bangladish !! football ki sam na di laka pa crickt ki :p lol

geo i couldnt find any videos :@ and nothing about the games we played vs bhutan else the info i post !!
i hope they post the videos in youtube and i will post them here if they did !! if u were talkin about the game we played vs bhutan !! and for thr old games u can chick youtube ( lol dont we lost all the old games and never win any game else vs Kyrgyzstan in 2008 ) but 2011 is a good year for us we started it with winning two games vs bhutan .

we gona play next games in thursday april/7 and april/9 satday and then april/11 monday
http://oi55.tinypic.com/2ijpuuq.jpg

Fahd
04-07-2011, 05:48 PM
afc-challenge-cup-2012

Afghanistan 0-1 nepal

:banghead::fighting::fighting::fighting::fighting: :fighting::fighting::fighting: ****KKKKKKKKK @:@:@:@
THE HELL WITH THIS TEAM they cant win vs nepal damn it im playing better than those players :banghead::banghead::banghead: we should winnnnnnnnnn :banghead::banghead: the next matchs or else im gona get soooooo mad about them i swear they maken me getting mad :banghead::banghead::banghead: nepal :awkward: :banghead::banghead:

-------------------------------------------------
Kathmandu: Defending champions DPR Korea began their 2012 AFC Challenge Cup Group D campaign on a winning note thrashing Sri Lanka 4-0 while hosts Nepal overcame Afghanistan 1-0 on Thursday.

Choe Kum Chol opened the scoring for the East Asians in the second minute and Ri Chol Myong doubled the lead three minutes later. Pak Nam Chol found their third in the 21st minute while Choe sealed the fate of the Lankans two minutes after the restart.

DPR Korea coach Yun Jong Su, however, played down his side’s remarkable performance saying he is expecting tough resistance from other teams.

“I have come to the conclusion that all four teams are not weak. We scored much less than expected because our rivals had a strong defence. We have a problem in finishing but are good at quick passes and surprise attack,” he said.

Bharat Khawas scored the match-winner for Nepal three minutes before the half hour mark.

Nepal’s English coach Graham Roberts was delighted with his team’s performance.

“We were good in every department and all the players were highly spirited. I am proud of my players,” he said.

DPR Korea will meet Nepal while Sri Lanka will face Afghanistan on Saturday. Top two teams from this group will join Palestine, Philippines, India, Turkmenistan, Maldives and Tajikistan in the eight-team finals.

Fahd
04-07-2011, 06:59 PM
^lol bro
still there is a chnace 1# and 2# who will play the semi final aginst the other group and inshalla we will win the next 2 match ameen :'(

nepal :( i cant belive that :'(

Fahd
04-07-2011, 10:04 PM
nice videos lol even they are not that good :p looooool come on we neeed starsssssssssss :p there is one player who played for saudi arabia and he;s name husain abdul ghani selemani and he's from the best left defender in saudi arabia history and asia too !! he still playin until now :p
YouTube - ‫*سين عبد الغني vs م*مد نور (ما يمشي )‬‎ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS7dvs7lijk) [/URL]

Nokia_Apridy
04-08-2011, 12:54 PM
maraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa nepal na sanga bou shwallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

:(

Nokia_Apridy
04-09-2011, 03:47 AM
na mara...............bya sok di team ka ? shaba WALLAH wos ba ratay way...

Fahd
04-09-2011, 12:42 PM
afc-challenge-cup-2012

Sri Lanka 0 - 1 Afghanistan
yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :) LOL and Nepal 0 - 1 Korea DPR thats good : p we gona play the strongest team in the group from the result lol hope we win vs Korea DPR at monday inshallah !!
http://oi56.tinypic.com/282khmv.jpg
lol nokia :p

-------------------------------------------------------------

Kathmandu: DPR Korea defeated hosts Nepal 1-0 on Saturday at the Dashrath Stadium to post their second successive win in the qualification campaign for the AFC Challenge Cup 2012 qualifiers.

The other Group D encounter at the Halchowk Stadium saw Afghanistan upset Sri Lanka 1-0.

More than 22,000 spectators turned up for the Dashrath Stadium encounter where a spirited performance by the hosts was not enough to stop DPR Korea, who won the title in 2010. Jong Il-gwan’s 31st minute strike proved to be the match-winner.

Hadid Mustafa scored the only goal of the other match in the 82nd minute.

The last set of group matches on 11 April will see Nepal take on Sri Lanka, while Afghanistan play DPR Korea.

TheRealPower
04-09-2011, 12:45 PM
good thank you

graveyardofempires
04-09-2011, 01:01 PM
Fahd North Korea has a tough team
Hope we win Inshallah

Fahd
04-09-2011, 01:05 PM
ameeeeeen inshallah we win bro :praise: i wanna see afg beating evry f team in the wayyyyyy :runaround: and win the cup :celebrate::celebrate: LOL thats a dream let's hope its become real inshalla !!

yh North Korea s strong team and they have this ishkedly stargeh make them see all the players LOL :smh:

and real power u r welcome bro :)

graveyardofempires
04-09-2011, 01:18 PM
north korea was in quarterfinals of the last world cup

Fahd
04-09-2011, 01:58 PM
^yes right but i dont think they will play with the strong players in this cup !! im not sure !! even they have some of the strong players in the players list :p

Haris
04-10-2011, 05:35 PM
Good stuff Fahd!

I thought I was the only one interested in the Afghan Football team. I've been looking at their results for 3 years now. :)

North Korea is a very stong team. Hopefully Nepal will not defeat Sri Lanka so we can qualify but I doubt it! Those Tamils are useless haha

Fahd
04-10-2011, 07:19 PM
lets hope we winnnnnn inshallah :( i hope nepal lose against sri lanka :( damn we shouldnt lose against stupid nebellllll @:@:@@::@ its hard i know :(

graveyardofempires
04-10-2011, 07:40 PM
Fahd you have the same weird avatar.
it seems like a possesed amoebe.

Fahd
04-10-2011, 07:41 PM
hahahah idk whats in the avi i copy mr ghat sari

graveyardofempires
04-10-2011, 07:43 PM
lol @ ghatsaray

Fahd
04-11-2011, 10:48 AM
afc-challenge-cup-2012

north korea 2-0 Afghanistan

we lost :'( and nebal 0-0 sri lanka so **** the afg team they lost against nebal cuz of thier Indifference and ...
f the players :mad:

Fahd
04-11-2011, 11:39 AM
^yh bro right
damn i wish we won :'(

we gona beat the arabs i wanna watch the gameeeeeeee :@:@@:@@:@ i hope we beat them atlest i wanna see afg vs saudi in next matchs inshallah :p so i can shut the arabs here too :p LOL

graveyardofempires
04-27-2011, 05:25 PM
YouTube - Afghan football federation complains (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e314A871MwY&feature=feedu)

Haris
06-20-2011, 05:57 PM
Tajikistan in 5 days! Just a friendly but we should beat them for our preperation on the 29th June against Palestine which will be a world cup qualifier!

Shayesta
06-20-2011, 06:47 PM
^ Didn't we already win from Tajikistan? Or was that hand-ball?

Haris
06-20-2011, 06:56 PM
It was probably handball.
We have a bad record against Tajikistan when it comes down to football, in 3 matches we played against them we lost all 3. Hopefully we can turn that around this time but I doubt it given our recent performance.

I only wish there was some way we could watch the matches though.

Fahd, do you think they will show the match with Falestin on Arab TV?

Digital Malang
06-20-2011, 07:04 PM
Can you guys please call it soccer, its very confusing.

Azmaray
06-20-2011, 07:05 PM
It was probably handball.
We have a bad record against Tajikistan when it comes down to football, in 3 matches we played against them we lost all 3. Hopefully we can turn that around this time but I doubt it given our recent performance.

I only wish there was some way we could watch the matches though.

Fahd, do you think they will show the match with Falestin on Arab TV?
im not sure bro i hope they will show it and then i will post a link here if i could find one inshalla ;)

Azmaray
06-20-2011, 07:08 PM
:fighting: its called football all over the world else in USA :glare:

Haris
06-20-2011, 07:24 PM

Never!

Football is recognized by most countries in the world.

This pretty much gives my views on that.
2sD_8prYOxo

Simple Americans...always trying to be different.

It is football, not soccer. ;)

Haris
06-25-2011, 07:32 AM
The Tajikistan match is today, don't know what time.
I was searching and couldn't find any working link to watch the game online so I guess we will just have to read the results once it is over.

Also some good news. We are now 164th best team in the world!

FIFA.com - The FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking (http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/ranking/lastranking/gender=m/fullranking.html#confederation=0&rank=204&page=4)

We used to be ranked 200th at one point.
The good thing here is that we are ranked above Palestine (171) so maybe we will beat them on the 29th ;)

We are also above Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Lebanon, Krygyzstan and some other random countries.

Haris
06-26-2011, 09:16 AM
I think the match might have been cancelled due to insufficient funds since I can't find any results on google or the FIFA web page.

It was probably cancelled because of the olympic comittee and the Afghan Football Federation had arguments over funding.
Afghanistan World Cup campaign back on track | Football Afghanistan (http://www.footballafghanistan.com/news/23-06-2011/aff-solved-the-problems-team-e-melli-travels-to-tajikistan-tomorrow)

I agree with what the guy there said, it is stupidity.

Still we should be on track to face Palestine in 3 days so at least that is something we can look forward to.

Haris
06-28-2011, 03:14 PM
Afghanistan camp in Tajikistan: 1 day to go

http://www.footballafghanistan.com/sites/default/files/field/image/kohistani.jpg

Reports from Afghanistan camp in Tajikistan say two key members of the
squad are currently hit with injuries during practice. Abassin Alikhil who
plays in the crucial role as defender and last man on the line Mansur
Faqiryar who plays as goalkeeper are not fit to play against Palestine in the
first leg on June 29.

In other news, AFF successfully persuaded Youseff Kargar to withdraw his
resignation and continue his reign as national coach of Afghanistan. It
comes as great news for Afghanistan football who Kargar has made great
efforts in organising a young squad capable of a upset win against a more
superior Palestine team.

Salim Kohistani, captain of the Afghanistan national team mentioned that
morale is high in the squad and after big hurdles were overcome to get to
Tajikistan, the squad and players are trying to put all behind and play for
the war-torn nation. Kohistani did mention that all are well and healthy,
and ready to battle against Palestine.

Tommorow's the big day :)

Azmaray
06-28-2011, 03:44 PM
inshalla we will winnnnnnnnnnnnnnn :) ameeeeeeeen

graveyardofempires
06-28-2011, 04:44 PM
^
fahd?

Azmaray
06-28-2011, 05:08 PM
^
fahd?
wtf how did u find out that im fahd :ninja:

lol jk :thumbup:
yeh its me :P i thought every one knows that well almost every one :D

graveyardofempires
06-28-2011, 05:09 PM
:ninja:
LOL

Azmaray
06-29-2011, 10:23 AM
i dont wanna start swearing at them , but **** them all :@
we lost 2-0 :@
even we have lik 6-7 players who play in europe :@ :@ :(
well all of them lik 20 , 21 , 24 , else three players are 29 i think .

graveyardofempires
06-29-2011, 10:25 AM
^
thats messed up
i guess they are under fed and lack pashtun players.

Azmaray
06-29-2011, 10:41 AM
^ the coach is afg so i think nothing speacial about him being a caoch .
and mybe they dont speek dari/pashtu , they dont understand thier each other .
they still young .

Haris
06-29-2011, 01:39 PM
...:banghead:

I'm not even going to say any more than that.

Haris
07-01-2011, 10:08 PM
Next match is on Sunday (in about 37 hours from now) in Palestine.

You know the referees for both matches are arab? they are from Oman.
Maybe they should have picked some referees from a different country...

Here is a summary of the last match,

A spirited display by Afghanistan who only a couple of days back arrived in the state of Tajikistan. Unfortunate problems with NOC, temporary financial crisis, injuries, cancelled friendlies, and a managerial resignation did not deter Afghanistan to put on a fine display. Although a 2-0 win for Palestine and a tough task for Afghanistan to go to Palestine to win, but Afghanistan in the past have always been a very unpredictable side
Despite the encounter being held on neutral territory a sizable crowd- estimated at 5,000- showed up to cheer Afghanistan on. Team-e-Melli were rocked by news that Oldenburg goalkeeper Mansur Faqiyar and Eintracht Frankfurt II product Abassin Alikhil would not recover in time to participate. These two were always going to be heavily leaned on to help grind out a result. Despite key absences, the newly reinstated Yosuf Kargar put out an attacking line-up. For the first quarter of an hour it seemed to pay off as the Afghans, more acclimated to local conditions (37 C) displayed plenty of skill.
The opening goal came 28 minutes in after Afghanistan's first positive attacking spell. Atef Abu Bilal, whom Bezaz chose over Ashraf Nu'man, sent in a cross from the left which Murad 'Dado' Alyan headed in brilliantly for his fifth international goal in four games.
Afghanistan did not let their heads drop, pressuring the makeshift Palestinian backline in hopes of forcing an error. The defence was for the most part, excellent, today but did have to scramble away a few balls for corners. Afghanistan's best chance of the first half came in the dying seconds with direct free kick forcing the Palestinian goalkeeper Mohammed Shbair into action.
The second half would see Afghanistan go for broke, they wanted to get at least a draw to take with them to Al-Ram. Shbair was forced to show Bezaz that he had made the right decision in picking him over Abdullah Saidawi, who started all three Challenge Cup qualifiers and had had a better domestic season. Belal Arezou, the Asker FC (Norway) player nearly equalized with a header in the 50th minute only for Shbair to foil his chance.
Palestine was awarded a penalty in the 75th minute after Khader Yousef was fouled in the box. Murad Alyan was given the responsibility of converting the chance but placed it far too casually to the Yousufzai's right. The no 2 goalkeeper stepped up after the injury of Mansur Fariqar, and did a marvellous job today. Afghanistan, buoyed by its supporters, tried to mount a comeback Kargar took off Qazizadah and threw on a third outright forward German import Mustafa Hadid.
His persistence paid off in the 85th minute firing a belter to the right of the helpless Yousufzai.
Yousef Kargar has formed a promising young team, Thirteen of the twenty-one players included in the squad are under the age of 23. The way Kargar has formed the team, and under the leadership of our strong midfielder Salim Kohistani, the team is bonding well,and potentially can be a great force in the future. This is no longer a team that is going to get blown out by its Central or South Asian neighbours. Kargar has done a good job of forming a well balanced team, and we wish them the best of luck in the return leg in Palestine.

khashayar
07-01-2011, 10:11 PM
http://www.goodafghannews.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/icc_cup.jpg

yeah we won the cup

congrats to the Afghan team

Haris
07-03-2011, 05:49 AM
^Football news not cricket news

Last night Tamadon TV of Afghanistan finally succeed to broadcast the video of the
first leg match between Afghanistan and Palestine. I was just shocked to see Afghans
not scoring. Palestine scored twice, but they had only 5 chances. However,
Afghanistan created something between 12 to 15 chances of goal and none of them
were converted into goal. Bilal Arzou, Seddiq Walizada, Hashmatullah Barakzai,
Mustafa Hadid, Islam Amiri and Salim Kohistani had all different chances of scoring.

Overall, Afghanistan was the better side, they had a better tactic and had a better
share of the ball possession. Despite being shorter and physically not stronger than
Palestinians, Afghan players were using their techniques and were not a minnow in the
match at all.

Although we were unlucky on the first leg, today our players should show their talentin
Ramallah, although it is hard to play in front of thousands of vocal fans of the host
team.

Anyway, I see the future of this team very bright. They can easily pass some of their
rivals in South Asian Football Federation bi-annual tournament later in the year.
Next match is in just over 5 hours.

Tamadon TV showed the last match late when they were meant to show it live.
I think they will show this one too. Check it out if you can find anymore info..

www.tamadon.tv (http://www.tamadon.tv)

You can watch tv there live at:
Watch Tamadon TV Live TV from Afghanistan. (http://wwitv.com/tv_channels/b5728.htm)

It's a farsi channel and the signal quality isn't that good for me, maybe it might be better for anyone else who tries.

graveyardofempires
07-03-2011, 11:02 AM
Afghanistan vs Palestine in a couple of minutes.

@ haris
can i watch the games on that channel?

Haris
07-03-2011, 01:08 PM
Ahhh! crap!

I slept through it lol.

Graveyard, you could have watched it here: ت„فزŠˆ† ف„سطŠ† Palestine Tv (http://www.ehtif.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1165:--palestine-tv&catid=121:2011-06-18-13-28-42&Itemid=135)

but I think its too late now.

This time it was a draw, score was 1-1.
So the overall score was 3-1 to Palestine meaning Afghanistan won't be progressing in the World Cup. It will be Palestine who will be playing Thailand not us.

Bengal_Tiger
07-03-2011, 08:06 PM
Good luck for the future Afghan bros.

Saifullah
07-03-2011, 08:47 PM
I guess afghanistan lost to palestine...

Haris
07-03-2011, 09:00 PM
This time it was a draw, score was 1-1.
So the overall score was 3-1 to Palestine meaning Afghanistan won't be progressing in the World Cup. It will be Palestine who will be playing Thailand not us.

khan.lala
07-04-2011, 10:05 PM
i saw the last 15 min;s :@:@:@ cuz i didnt knew and i went to the gym .
and i watch it on palestine chanel .

i swear its the best feelings when u watch ur own country playing hahaha i was screamin alot and lik i was in the studem lol
even ma mum who hate football and when i told her its afg game she didnt care but then she was watchin and worried about loooool she was :glare: they did lose . i said no no one did won . but palestine won the first game so they will play in the 2ed round .
well i wish we could win :(

ok im gona post the goals now inshalla

YouTube - ‪Wonderful Goal By Hussam Wadi - Palestine Vs Afghanistan 3/7/2011 (MUST WATCH)‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNzN_fXqmX4) [/URL]

this is the pelastine goal .
****ing stupid goalkeeper
pakhodi ye kar ye arta rawo :@ :@

well this is the link of afg goal my youtube account not working .
http://www.mediafire.com/?4asi5xaddxkvz14 (http://www.mediafire.com/?4asi5xaddxkvz14)

Haris
07-04-2011, 11:05 PM
Have to admit it's a good goal but the keeper should easily have saved that, he wasn't expecting it so he wasn't in the right position but you can see he is angry with himself after.

They did well to get a goal back after that especially in a packed away stadium and the pressure of having to come back from a 2-0 loss in the first match.

Unlucky but I hope Falestin does become succseful in this world cup.

We can only look to the future and after reading some analysis from Football Afghanistan (http://www.footballafghanistan.com) we can be optimistic. The team is still young and needs time to mould together and work well as a team at an international standard. I hope they learn from this, ready to destroy anyone next time :)

btw did you manage to get the Afghan goal too?

Edit: Don't worry I just saw the Afghan goal. Thanks for uploading.

t bag
07-04-2011, 11:10 PM
^right but it was very easy ball and if he just staied in his right place he would just save it :smh:

yeh our country team still very young .

yeh this is the afg goal
download it
http://www.mediafire.com/?4asi5xaddxkvz14 (http://www.mediafire.com/?4asi5xaddxkvz14)

does it work or not ?

Haris
07-04-2011, 11:13 PM
It works, I just didn't see it lol

Haris
07-05-2011, 03:30 PM
Our next match will be on September 12 against Kuwait in the 2012 U-16 AFC qualifiers. The top 4 teams in these qualifiers will play in the 2013 FIFA U-17 World Cup.

In our group we have Pakistan, Maldives, Yemen, Kuwait and UAE.

This will be a chance for us to see how good the future football talent of Afghanistan really is.

2012 AFC U-16 Championship qualification - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_AFC_U-16_Championship_qualification)
2013 FIFA U-17 World Cup - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_FIFA_U-17_World_Cup)
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_AFC_U-16_Championship_qualification)

Digital Malang
07-14-2011, 11:26 PM
‪Afghan footballers deny playing on Israeli soil‬‏ - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jiBrv11MnI&feature=player_embedded#at=17)

Haris
09-10-2011, 11:04 PM
Afghan U16 Leaves Kabul to Kuwait

Afghanistan Under 16 Team flew to Kuwait yesterday, September 08 to participate in
the Asian U16 Cup Qualifiers. Afghanistan is placed in group B of the competitions
along with host Kuwait, UAE, Yemen, Maldives and Pakistan.

Afghanistan will face off host Kuwait on September 12.

While the U16s are in Kuwait, the Football Federation has inaugurated the U16
Tournament in Kabul, which could be more effective if held as preparation for the
national U16 team.

Afghan U16 Leaves Kabul to Kuwait | Football Afghanistan (http://www.footballafghanistan.com/news/09-09-2011/afghan-u16-leaves-kabul-to-kuwait)

The match begins in 20 hours from now.

Nokia_Apridey
09-10-2011, 11:48 PM
Pakistan Vs Afghanistan

Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuur :)

Bengal_Tiger
09-11-2011, 08:18 AM
Good luck to Afghanistan against Pakistan.

Shayesta
09-11-2011, 06:39 PM
The first and next person to get disrespectful faces immediate ban warning.

graveyardofempires
09-11-2011, 06:53 PM
hey shayestey
why was my thread banned about nokia calling Afghanistan wife of pakistan?

Nokia_Apridey
09-12-2011, 12:12 AM
heeeeeeeeeeey ma kala waley di :(

Zma mtlab chay Afghanistan ma Baba ao PAkistan ma MOR da............

sakha khula da band ka................

Haris
09-12-2011, 02:21 PM
Fixtures:

http://i436.photobucket.com/albums/qq87/blokoman/public%20album/Untitled-4.jpg

Shayesta
09-12-2011, 03:36 PM
Is it Pakistan's junior team or the lower league?

MohannaD
09-12-2011, 03:43 PM
Afghanistan 1 - Kuwait 1

The Afghani team played well .

Haris
09-12-2011, 04:09 PM
Shayesta, it's all under 17's, what's a lower league?

MohannaD, where did you find out? I was searching for the results but couldn't find them. Did you also see the match? If so do you think it would be possible to put up any video clips?

MohannaD
09-12-2011, 04:41 PM
Shayesta, it's all under 17's, what's a lower league?

MohannaD, where did you find out? I was searching for the results but couldn't find them. Did you also see the match? If so do you think it would be possible to put up any video clips?

Actually both stadiums are not far from where I live , but I watched it on Kuwait channel 3 . Tomorrow I might go watch Pakistan's or Afghanistan's match ( they will be at the same timing in two different places) .

Really sorry as I can't upload it , I didn't even record it, sorry .

I tried two internet websites whic are supposed to broasdcast Kuwait Channel 3 but didn't work with me . Sorry brother .

Haris
09-12-2011, 04:47 PM
I see, no that's fine, no need to apologise :)

Thanks for letting me know.
If you look back over the thread everyone is desperate to find live coverage or youtube clips of the football, so that's why i'm asking.

MohannaD
09-12-2011, 05:05 PM
I see, no that's fine, no need to apologise :)

Thanks for letting me know.
If you look back over the thread everyone is desperate to find live coverage or youtube clips of the football, so that's why i'm asking.

You're most welcome although I didn't help .

try googling : watch Kuwait channel 3 live . Maybe you find sites better than the ones I found . Also try KTV3 .

Pakistan is doing pretty well , so far 4-0

MohannaD
09-13-2011, 02:24 AM
Yesterday's match :
pakistan 4 - The Maldives 0

MohannaD
09-14-2011, 03:05 PM
Afghanistan 1 : The United Arab Emirates 1 .

Kuwait 2 : Pakistan 0

Pakistan is still safe though .

Haris
09-14-2011, 03:10 PM
You will be supporting Kuwait then? :blushes:

Haris
09-14-2011, 03:15 PM
I hear Afghanistan let in the goal in the last few minutes :smh:

Bangladesh lost 7-0 to Iraq. Commiserations bengal_tiger.

MohannaD
09-15-2011, 03:24 AM
You will be supporting Kuwait then? :blushes:

I'll be honest , I wanted Pakistan to win .

on the 19th is the match between Pakistan and Afghanistan , I love both but I think I will support Afghanistan . Sorry . Still I love both .

Haris
09-17-2011, 10:44 AM
This is what our group table looks like so far:
http://i436.photobucket.com/albums/qq87/blokoman/public%20album/table.png

In a few hours today it will be:

Maldives vs Kuwait
UAE vs Pakistan
Afghanistan vs Yemen

Haris
09-17-2011, 10:57 AM
Here is a summary of the Kuwait match:

Brave Afghanistan u16s hold Kuwait u16s to a draw

Afghanistan scores in minute 37 against Kuwait.

Minute 73, Afghanistan is still ahead by one goal.

Minute 78, Afghanistan loses a brilliant chance of scoring for the 2nd time.

The match is broadcasted live on Tamadon TV of Afghanistan.

Afghanistan makes a foul and Kuwait equalizes.

4 minutes of injury time.

Afghanistan drew with host Kuwait.

Afghanistan was the better of the match, but settled to a draw after committing a foul.

http://www.footballafghanistan.com/sites/default/files/field/image/afg%20u16s_0.jpg

Kuwait City: Kuwait needed a needed a late penalty to avoid a shock
defeat to Afghanistan on Monday as Group B of the AFC U-16
Championship 2012 qualifiers got underway in the Gulf emirate.

Murtaza Mohammed Zaher stunned the home crowd by putting the Afghans
1-0 up in the 37th minute and the striker's first-half effort looked to be
enough to give the Central Asians all three points.

And the UAE match:

U16s: Impressive Afghanistan 1-1 draw against tough UAE

http://www.footballafghanistan.com/sites/default/files/field/image/afg%20u16sss.jpg

Afghanistan, recorded their second successive 1-1 draw over Gulf
opposition as they followed up Monday's stalemate with the Group B hosts
with an identical scoreline against the UAE.

Khaled Al Harasi put the UAE one up towards the end of the first-half but
Afghanistan midfielder Mohammad Amin cancelled out the Emirati forward's
38th minute opener with a 65th minute penalty to ensure the Afghans
enjoyed a share of the spoils.

The draw takes the u16s to 4th spot (out of 6) with 2 points. Next match
is against top of the table Yemen who have previously drawn with UAE and
beaten Maldives convincingly.

Thirty-nine teams have entered the fray for this edition of the tournament
and have been divided into two zones West (22) and East (17). The
teams will be divided into 4 groups of six and 3 groups of five teams each.

West Zone will have two groups of six and two of five teams while East will
have two groups of six teams each and one of five.

Top two teams from each of the groups and best third team from West and
East zones will qualify for the tournament.

We should have beaten Kuwait :smh:.
A draw with UAE is a sufficient result.

Next we have Yemen, Pakistan and the Maldives.
I think Yemen and Pakistan will be the challenge. If we win one and draw one, that will be good.
I am sure we can beat the Maldives easily.

Haris
09-18-2011, 10:11 AM
Yess!!

Afghanistan 2 - 1 Yemen

Very happy about this :celebrate:. We have a good change of qualifying. Pakistan will be a good match and Maldives will be easy.

Results of the other matches were:
Maldives 0 - 5 Kuwait
UAE 2 - 0 - Pakistan

This is how the table looks now:
http://i436.photobucket.com/albums/qq87/blokoman/public%20album/table-1.png

World class display- come from behind win for Afg u16s

Afghanistan displayed an exceptional performance against strong Yemen in the u16s
qualificaion for the final round of the AFC u17s World Cup. After being behind by 1
goal at half time, Afghanistan came from behind to beat Yemen 2-1 and move to 3rd
place of the table. Top 2 will go through to the next round.

Currently with 5 points, Afghanistan will meet Pakistan who have only 3 pts and sitting
2nd last, with finishing of the group with current last place Maldives. Qualification is
very close for the colts.

Talal
09-18-2011, 02:12 PM
pakistan has a soccer team ?

Haris
09-18-2011, 02:14 PM
pakistan has a soccer team ?

Nope, but it has a Football team.

Lemar
09-18-2011, 05:01 PM
Haris can you share some videos too?

Haris
09-19-2011, 11:45 AM
Haris can you share some videos too?

I have searched and could not find any.
I hear Tamadon TV broadcasts some of the live matches if you can find a live stream for it.

The Afghanistan vs Pakistan match is in under 3 hours.

An article about the Yemen match:

Afghanistan outplay Yemen 2-1

http://www.pajhwok.com/en/affiles/imagecache/lead_l_nowatermark/photo/2011/9/%20%D9%85%D9%84%DB%8C%20%D9%86%D9%88%D8%AC%D9%88%D 8%A7%D9%86%D8%A7%D9%86%20%28Medium%29.jpg

KABUL (PAN (http://www.pajhwok.com/en/glossary/term/19729)): Afghanistan pipped Yemen by 2-1 in their third match of the
Asian Football Confederation (AFC) U-16 Championship 2012 qualifiers at
the Sabah al Salem Stadium in Kuwait City, an official said on Sunday.

The national side edged past the opposition by scoring two goals Saturday
evening, Muhammad Yasin Muhammadi, the deputy director of the
Afghanistan Football Federation, told Pajhwok Afghan News.

Yemen shot into lead in the 6th minute of the first half, but Muhammad
Reza scored the equaliser in the second half and Siar doubled the score
eight minutes later, Muhammadi added.

The national team would take on Pakistan on Monday night, Muhammadi
said, adding football squads from 40 Asian countries -- divided in seven
groups -- were competing in the event.

In the first two games, the Afghan team held Kuwait and the UAE to tame
draws, he informed.

On the basis of the result, Afghans with five points have secured the third
position in Group B, which also included leaders Kuwait with seven points,
Yemen four, Pakistan three, the UAE five and the Maldives with no win.

"The Afghans have been through tough games and with their present spirit
they could qualify for the next round," Muhammadi hoped.

In the last tournament, the national team pulled off a draw against
Pakistanis, he recalled.

Afghanistan outplay Yemen 2-1 | Pajhwok Afghan News (http://www.pajhwok.com/en/2011/09/18/afghanistan-outplay-yemen-2-1)

Haris
09-19-2011, 05:17 PM
If Pakistan do not beat Afghanistan they will be eliminated.

Should get the results of the Pakistan match soon.

In other news, Yemen beat Kuwait 2-0 in their game and the Maldives were destroyed 6-0 by the UAE today meaning that so far 20 goals have been scored against them & they are yet to score a single goal.
It would be a disgrace if we did not beat them on the 22nd September.

So far the table looks like:
http://i436.photobucket.com/albums/qq87/blokoman/public%20album/table-2.png

Still waiting on the Pakistan result.

Haris
09-19-2011, 07:00 PM
Pakistan 3 - 1 Afghanistan

Hmmm....that makes our job much harder.
I was hoping for atleast a draw.

http://i436.photobucket.com/albums/qq87/blokoman/public%20album/table-3.png

Next matches on September 22nd:

Yemen vs Pakistan
UAE vs Kuwait
Afghanistan vs Maldives

MohannaD
09-20-2011, 02:50 AM
Pakistan 3 - 1 Afghanistan

Hmmm....that makes our job much harder.
I was hoping for atleast a draw.

http://i436.photobucket.com/albums/qq87/blokoman/public%20album/table-3.png

Next matches on September 22nd:

Yemen vs Pakistan
UAE vs Kuwait
Afghanistan vs Maldives

The match was entertaining , Afghanistan had many supporters, both teams played well , but I think Pakistan started to get better as the game progressed . I was watching from home wearing Shalwar Kamees .

Haris
09-20-2011, 08:38 PM
For Afghanistan to qualify we need to beat Maldives and the result of the Pakistan-Yemen match must be a draw.

MohannaD
09-21-2011, 04:44 AM
For Afghanistan to qualify we need to beat Maldives and the result of the Pakistan-Yemen match must be a draw.

Even if they don't make it , they played well and that counts . I think the future of football in Afghanistan is better then before if they keep it up . I would like to see them in a world cup .

MohannaD
09-22-2011, 03:13 AM
Assalamu Alaikum
Tonight is the match !
Afghanistan and Yemen .

Haris
09-22-2011, 04:11 PM
An article on the Pakistan match:

U16: Pakistan shock Afghanistan to win 3-1

The 2012 AFC U16 Championship qualifiers Group B saw Pakistan defy all odds, and
expectations, to beat Afghanistan 3-1 at Ali Sabah al-Salem Stadium in Kuwait City in
a late night kick off (2330 PST). The win brought life back into Pakistan's chances of
qualifying for the next round of the championship.

Despite outplaying Pakistan throughout the game, Afghanistan's defence failed them
as Pakistan suddenly pounced just before half-time when Muhammad Bilal headed in a
bouncing long-ball past the Afghan goalie Abdullah Qader to shockingly put his side
1-0 up. Afghanistan responded by going on all out attack as they found gaps in Pak
midfield and nervy defence.

Afghanistan were then awarded a dubious penalty in 55th minute following a push
by defender Rashid Noor on an Afghan striker in the box. Mohammad Amin then duly
equalised for Afghanistan as they stepped up the pressure to take the lead but some
poor shot selection, and an offside meant it remained a tense 1-1 with Pakistan
desperate for some breathing space.

Mansoor Khan then stunned the Afghan side in 74th minute when he selfishly
side-stepped 3 Afghan defenders and volleyed in a goal for Pakistan after Afghan
goalie had saved his initial shot. The goal shocked the Afghan side who despite all
their efforts failed to test the opposition more, as Pak kept sniffing around for that
vital counter attack.

Sure enough, Pakistan put the result beyond Afghan hands as they made it 3-1 in
84th minute thanks to another Mansoor Khan special. Observers have called this win
by Pakistan U16 nothing less than a shock against Afghanistan, as it re-starts their
quest for qualification to final round in 2012.

U16: Pakistan shock Afghanistan to win 3-1 | Football Afghanistan (http://footballafghanistan.com/news/21-09-2011/u16-pakistan-shock-afghanistan-to-win-3-1)

In our group,

Yemen 4 - 0 Pakistan
UAE 1 - 3 Kuwait

Still waiting for the results of the Afghanistan-Maldives match.

This means we cannot take a top 2 position in the table (and hence will not automatically qualify).
To get third we need to beat the Maldives by at least 7 goals.

Haris
09-22-2011, 06:27 PM
Yes!!!!

Afghanistan 9 - 0 Maldives

Wow! So surprised. I knew we were going to win but I never thought it would be by such a margin.
Our boys really deserved it! We've been solid this season.

We needed 7 goals and we got 9!

:thumbup:

http://i436.photobucket.com/albums/qq87/blokoman/public%20album/table-4.png

We have not qualified yet however.
The teams are split into West Asia and East Asia.
The top 2 teams from each group (7 groups overall) will qualifiy and the overall best 3rd placed team will qualify (one from West Asia and one from East Asia).

So far Afghanistan is the best 3rd placed team in West Asia.
We just need to wait for the results of group C (Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, India, Bahrain, Uzbekistan) to see whether their 3rd placed team is beter than ours.

It looks likely that we will qualify! :D

Ah, if only Fahd was here.

MohannaD
09-22-2011, 08:11 PM
I went to the match , the atmosphere was nice , many Afghani people were there , the beautiful flags were waving ...
Enjoyed my time with the nice Afghani people and some of the other people who are also supporters of the Afghani team . On my way out after the match I found a nice Afghani person I know, it was a nice coincidence . After the match it was like a wedding .Congratulations Afghanistan .

I didn't like the fact that there were almost no supporters for The Maldives ..

Haris
09-23-2011, 11:43 AM
Good to hear.
Take some photos next time ;)

Afghanistan smash Maldives 9-0 to claim 3rd
spot in AFC u16 Qualifiers

Afghanistan finished third after ending their impressive campaign with a 9-0 hammering
of the Maldives. The Indian Ocean islanders, who had lost all five of their previous
Group B games, restricted the scoring to a 39th minute Qader Zamen goal in the
first-half before the Afghans ran riot after the interval. Zamen added four more goals
to his individual tally (51st, 61st, 74th and 92nd) while fellow forward Mohammad Reza
Rezaie weighed in with a brace (56th and 76th). Hiyat Zia Hussain and Hussain Mehrab
also got their names on the scoresheet with goals in the 79th and 84th minutes
respectively as Afghanistan finished above the UAE on goal difference.

This means that Afghanistan have finished 3rd. The AFC gives the best 3rd place
team qualification to the final round of the AFC World Cup U17s to be played next
year. Pending on Group C result, Afghanistan are currently in the running to qualify as
the best 3rd place team. An impressive performance by the youngsters.

Afghanistan smash Maldives 9-0 to claim 3rd spot in AFC u16 Qualifiers | Football Afghanistan (http://www.footballafghanistan.com/news/23-09-2011/afghanistan-smash-maldives-9-0-to-claim-3rd-spot-in-afc-u16-qualifiers)

MohannaD
09-24-2011, 04:45 PM
Had sweets for Afghanistan's win he he

Lemar
09-30-2011, 08:13 PM
So did we qualify?

Please dont tell me NO!

Haris
09-30-2011, 08:25 PM
It all depends on the results from group C.

We'll know for sure by the 9th October.
I think it is likely that we will qualify though.

Lemar
09-30-2011, 08:30 PM
Thanks Haris, I hope we qualify!
btw thanks for keeping this thread updated.

Haris
09-30-2011, 08:31 PM
No problem.

The first matches from group C will be later today,

Bahrain v Tajikistan
India v Kyrgyzstan

Haris
10-08-2011, 04:14 PM
So tommorow we find out.

Tajikistan is going to be the 3rd placed team of grop C.
They currently have 4 points and we have 5 (they won't count our 9-0 win over Maldives because it's not fair since we had an extra team in our group :rolleyes:).

They face Uzbekistan tommorow. Uzbekistan is one of the strongest teams winning 7-0 against Kyrgyzstan, 9-0 against India and 2-0 against Bahrain. Tajikistan is not as good so I doubt they will beat Uzbekistan.

If Tajikistan draws or loses then Afghanistan qualifies.
If they win then Afghanistan does not qualifiy.

We will see inshaAllah.

graveyardofempires
10-08-2011, 04:22 PM
great news

what are they qualifying for?world cup?

Haris
10-08-2011, 04:29 PM
It is the 2012 Under-16 Asian Football Confederation (AFC) Championship.

It includes teams from all over Asia.

The overall 4 best teams from this competition will qualify for the 2013 Fifa U-17 World Cup.

Haris
10-09-2011, 09:25 AM
Afghanistan qualified!

So the 16 Qualified nations are as follows:

Afghanistan
Australia
China PR
India
Iran
Iraq
Japan
Kuwait
Laos
North Korea
South Korea
Oman
Syria
Thailand
Uzbekistan
Yemen

Pakhtunzai
10-09-2011, 01:32 PM
Mashallah:)

Haris
10-20-2011, 05:28 PM
Afghanistan U16 disqualified from
U16 AFC Final Round Qualifiers

The AFC Disciplinary Committee has sanctioned Afghanistan for fielding an ineligible
player in the 2012 AFC U-16 Championship Group B qualifiers last month. Afghanistan
who achieved 3rd place in Group B, and made it to the tournament proper as the third
best team from West Zone, fielded Zaiuddin Amruddin who failed the MRI test for age
determination.

The committee imposed a 3-0 forfeit of their matches against Kuwait, UAE and Yemen
and a US$1000 each fine on all their five group games for violating Article 25 par. C)
iii) of the AFC U-16 Championship 2012 qualifiers regulations and Article 55 par. 1 and
3 of the AFC Disciplinary Code.

Afghanistan will now be replaced by Saudi Arabia in the 16-nation AFC U-16
Championship as the third best team from West Zone.This news is devastating for the
side who did so well in the qualifiers back in September.

Afghanistan U16 disqualified from U16 AFC FInal Round Qualifiers | Football Afghanistan (http://www.footballafghanistan.com/news/20-10-2011/afghanistan-u16-disqualified-from-u16-afc-final-round-qualifiers)

MohannaD
10-23-2011, 03:08 AM
I think they should do such check ups much earlier , I don't know maybe they have done them earlier but the results took some time ??

Haris
11-09-2011, 01:52 PM
It's typical lol. In my old school there was this Afghan who everyone joked was 30 years old and had 2 kids haha.

Really dissapointing though.

We can look to the future atleast.

The draws for the 2011 South Asian Football Federation Cup were held a few days ago.

There are 8 teams in the competition.

Our group is as follows:

http://i436.photobucket.com/albums/qq87/blokoman/public%20album/group.png

It's a good group. Bhutan and Sri Lanka will be easy (we beat Bhutan twice out of the last three matches and Sri Lanka three times out of the last five matches).
We should definitely finish atleast second.

I have high hopes for the team (this is the full national side, not the U-16 team).

These are the fixtures:

http://i436.photobucket.com/albums/qq87/blokoman/public%20album/fixtures-1.png

It will be held in New Delhi if any of our Indian users are interested in seeing it for themselves.

Haris
12-03-2011, 07:29 AM
Result of the Afghanistan/India match was 1-1

We could easily have won the game as we were the stronger team but I guess a draw is good too considering India is apparently the best team in our group.

Next match is against Sri Lanka on the 5th December and after that we have Bhutan on the 7th.

We should definetly win these matches as we are the better team and we have a good record against them.

Haris
12-06-2011, 12:03 PM
So after our 3-1 win over Sri Lanka, this is how the table currently stands:

http://i436.photobucket.com/albums/qq87/blokoman/public%20album/Untitled-11.jpg

Our next match will be against Bhutan who have already been eliminated.
They lost to Sri Lanka 3-0 and to India 5-0.

India are to play Sri Lanka tommorow, it looks like they'll beat them.
We should definetly beat Bhutan by a comfortable margin.

We look set to advance to the semis with ease.

In the other group, Pakistan & Bangladesh were eliminated meaning that if we come first in our group, we are set to play Nepal, and if we come second then we'll be playing Maldives.

We have a poor record against both teams, but with our recent performances, I would bet on us taking the cup.

sunni
12-08-2011, 06:25 PM
grt news i think we won against bhutan 8 :D

Haris
02-02-2012, 04:34 PM
Well we should have won but we didn't.
No point in crying over spilt milk, what's done is done.

My cousin was there at the match & apparently there was a really good atmosphere.

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/378640_151860071586139_100002864409225_177097_1016 212921_n.jpg

^ From the Nepal match.

Anyway, Afghanistan has entered the 2012 Nehru Cup which will be played in mid-August. It will include two teams from Africa, 1 from Europe and a bunch of Asian countries. It should be an excellent opportunity to face different competition and build on our successes in the SAFF cup.

What I don't understand is why Afghanistan failed to even bother entering the U22 AFC Championships. It would have been a great chance for the youth team to develop, especially after it was kicked out of the U16 AFC Championships where we played so well.

Haris
08-10-2013, 07:12 PM
It's saddening that no-one updated this thread in my absence.
Oh well, i'm here now. On with the news.

AFC U-14 Championships 2014

Afghanistan qualified finishing second in their group.

http://s24.postimg.org/tjxta5vat/image.jpg

Notice Bhutan's -42 goal difference. The coach complained that the players in the other teams were not under 14: http://www.goalnepal.com/news.php?id=13089

I wouldn't be surprised if he's right though. Afghans have a reputation of lying about their age. Just look a few posts back where the Afghan U-16 team was tragically disqualified after performing so well.

Here are some images to see for yourself what the little Bhutanese kids were up against:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/557984_583291595022128_236492870_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/484014_583291885022099_461455424_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/483990_582642475087040_1370614191_n.jpg <-- lol

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/733787_582558311762123_774619235_n.jpg

Maybe the Bhutan coach is just making excuses and our players are just naturally big. The important thing is that we qualified.

The 16 qualified teams are:

West zone
Iraq (Group A Winner)
Syria (Group A Runner-up)
Yemen (Group B Winner)
Iran (Group D Winner)

Central and South zone
Tajikistan (Group C Winner)
Afghanistan (Group C Runner-up)
Pakistan (Group D Runner-up)
Uzbekistan (Host)

ASEAN zone
Timor-Leste(Group E Winner)
Malaysia (Group E Runner-up)
Thailand (Group F Winner)
Australia (Invited)

East zone
South Korea (Group G Winner)
China PR (Group G Runner-up)
North Korea (Group H Winner)
Japan (Group H Runner-up)

AFC U-16 Championships 2014

Matches to be played in September.

The fixtures are as follows:

http://s7.postimg.org/yeopo9dy3/image.jpg

All of our opponents will be Arabs. It will be interesting.

AFC U-19 Championships 2014

To be played in November.

Fixtures:

http://s15.postimg.org/40nifm3ob/image.jpg
http://s17.postimg.org/ij55rwhpr/image.jpg

AFC U-22 Championships 2014

Afghanistan did not enter.

AFC Challenge Cup 2014

A more important tournament than those already mentioned as our main national team participates.

We finished top of our group :celebrate:

http://s14.postimg.org/kydzloi69/image.jpg

The qualified nations are:

http://s15.postimg.org/yr0hdpmvv/image.jpg

I think we have a decent chance of winning it, if not, at least getting to the finals since we are stronger than most of the other teams.
Our main competition will be Turkmenistan & Philippines and to a lesser extent, Palestine & Maldives. The others are clearly weaker and not worth mentioning.

I have high hopes for Afghanistan in this tournament.

AFC Asian Cup 2015

Afghanistan did not enter the qualifying draw.

However, should we win the AFC Challenge Cup 2014 that I just menitoned, we will be eligible to qualify for this AFC Asian Cup 2015.

The teams here are generally of a higher calbre and so far include:

http://s8.postimg.org/vtl3z9cfp/image.jpg

Along with the following who automatically qualify:

Australia (because they are the hosts)
Japan (because they won the 2011 AFC Asian Cup)
South Korea (because they were 3rd place in the 2011 AFC Asian Cup)
North Korea (because they won the 2012 AFC Challenge Cup)

The actual qualifiers will be played in January 2015.

It will be a big deal if we manage to play in this tournament.
The winners will earn the right to play in the even more prestigious 2017 Confederations Cup (watched by millions world-wide, infact I was watching the 2013 Confederations cup on TV myself here in the UK not long ago) which will be hosted in Russia. However, Afghanistan winning the AFC Asian CUP is a mere fantasy at the moment. We would do well to even qualify which is what our main goal should be. If we achieve this then I will be very happy (and it is certainly within our grasp).

Anyway, in more immediate news, Afghanistan will be playing a friendly against Pakistan in 10 days time.

I predict we'll win with a score of 2-1 or 3-1.

Haris
08-17-2013, 12:49 PM
Anyway, in more immediate news, Afghanistan will be playing a friendly against Pakistan in 10 days time.

I predict we'll win with a score of 2-1 or 3-1.

Historic week showcases Afghan football success

http://www.fifa.com/mm//Photo/FootballDevelopment/GoalProgramme/02/15/28/32/2152832_FULL-LND.jpg

The international friendly between Afghanistan and Pakistan scheduled for
Tuesday, 20 August 2013, in Kabul’s AFF stadium, and the start of the second
edition of the Afghan Premier League (APL) two days later, are set to become
two major milestones in the recent history of Afghan football.

The international match between the Asian neighbours will be the first such
fixture in Afghanistan since 2003, when the host side played Turkmenistan in
the Ghazi stadium.

“The fact that we are hosting our first international game in ten years, and
the first against Pakistan in Kabul since 1977, represents a major highlight for
football in our country," Secretary General of the Afghanistan Football
Federation (AFF), Sayed Aghazada, told FIFA.com. "It shows that after a very
difficult period we are returning to normality. Afghan football has improved in
terms of organisation and infrastructure, and we now believe that football can
play an even bigger role in our country. Of course we expect a sold-out
crowd."

The fact that we are hosting our first international game in ten
years, and the first against Pakistan in Kabul since 1977, represents
a major highlight for football in our country.

-Secretary General of the Afghanistan Football Federation, Sayed Aghazada

“This is a very symbolic game for the whole football community in south Asia
which confirms that our sport can contribute to promote a positive
relationship between neighbour countries,” stated the Secretary General of
the Pakistan Football Federation (PFF), Lt. Colonel Ahmad Yar Khan Lodhi.

This historic Afghanistan and Pakistan friendly will be played at the AFF
stadium on the FIFA Goal project funded artificial pitch. Two days later, the
same venue will host the opening of the second edition of the Afghan Premier
League (APL).

League action returns
Eight teams from all over the country, including De Maiwand Atalan from
south-west Afghanistan with players from the violence-prone provinces of
Helmand and Kandahar, plus defending champions Toofan-Harirood, are set to
go head-to-head for the coveted APL trophy. A scouting process implemented
by AFF since April was used to select all players. APL matches will be shown
live on Afghanistan's Tolo TV.

The league plays a critical role in our attempts to further develop football in
Afghanistan, increase its popularity and discover new talents," Ali Askar Lali, a
former Afghan international and APL match commissioner said. "Football is
among those activities that so far have not become direct targets of
violence. However, we will now have improved security, accreditation and
ticketing measures since we are expecting to have a capacity crowd of 6,000
spectators for all games."

“In the first APL season, we witnessed spectators from different backgrounds
and provinces sharing their passion for football in the stadium, which proves
that football can promote the unity of Afghan people from all tribes and
places,” concluded Aghazada.

During the past ten years FIFA has invested USD $1.5million towards two Goal
projects in Kabul: the installation of a football turf pitch at the AFF stadium in
Kabul and the construction of the association’s headquarters.

http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/footballdevelopment/projects/goalprogramme/news/newsid=2152825/index.html?cid=twitter_share

I didn't know that the match was going to be hosted in Afghanistan. That indeed is a milestone.

Be sure to watch it guys. 3 days left.

Haris
09-01-2013, 10:39 PM
2013 SAFF Championships

Our Group:

http://s21.postimg.org/4ysko13o7/111.jpg

In the other group (Group A) is Nepal, India, Bangladesh & Pakistan.

This year we will finish what we started in 2011 where we were so close to winning against India in the final.

The schedule:
http://s12.postimg.org/qho8rc8zv/112.jpg

As you can see, the Afghanistan vs Bhutan match will start soon. Will post the live stream in a new thread.

ډګروال
09-04-2013, 08:55 AM
Afghanistan 3 Sri lanka 1

Afghanistan won against sri lanka

Haris
09-09-2013, 11:42 AM
At the finals.

It is going to be Afghanistan vs India just like last time.

Kushan Prince
09-09-2013, 04:38 PM
At the finals.

It is going to be Afghanistan vs India just like last time.

I just hope the horrible punjabi ref from last year isn't t refeing the game. He cost us the game last time.

Badlun
09-12-2013, 03:49 PM
I am veeeeeeeeeeeeery veeeeeeeeeeery happy
http://dawn.com/news/1042230/kabul-erupts-with-joy-after-south-asian-football-victory
Kabul erupts with joy after South Asian football victory

Such things are not possible under a Taliban ruled Afghanistan